mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
Hello.
I changed my GPU from 6670 to 7750, driver updated, but because my monitor support only VGA, I'm using a DVI-VGA converter. On main resolution, 1440x900 i can't use 75 hz, but on lower resolutions like something 1260x1024(960 or what) I can... Whit the old GPU, directly VGA input I could have 75 hz on main resolution. Is there a software or something to have 75 hz even on main resolution? (btw, i have 75 hz set only in csgo (cuz 4:3 res) , i want 75 hz on gra v, lol too on main res)

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Are you sure that you had that ability before? It is normal to not be able to get 75hz except at 1260x1024 and below. You might have been using a lower resolution and just didn't realize it.

It may also be possible to download a third party tool to allow for custom resolutions, which may allow you to by pass the restriction. Nvidia GPU's have that ability built into their control panel. AMD didn't used to (don't know about now), but people have made 3rd party apps to allow it. That said, many times when people do this, the monitor accepts it, even though it is skipping past frames.

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
Are you sure that you had that ability before? It is normal to not be able to get 75hz except at 1260x1024 and below. You might have been using a lower resolution and just didn't realize it.

It may also be possible to download a third party tool to allow for custom resolutions, which may allow you to by pass the restriction. Nvidia GPU's have that ability built into their control panel. AMD didn't used to (don't know about now), but people have made 3rd party apps to allow it. That said, many times when people do this, the monitor accepts it, even though it is skipping past frames.
Yea, I'm sure it could support 1440x900 on 75 hz, and yeah, amd had this option to change hz... I will try custom software ;)

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
I did not say AMD's software wouldn't allow you to change the hz, only that AMD's software doesn't (or didn't) allow you to use custom resolutions and hz. The spec of the resolution may not natively allow for 75hz, and with a custom resolution, you could force it. To setup that custom resolution may require you to use a 3rd party program.

Edit: Try this: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-monitor-to-a-higher-refresh-rate/