Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
My company is in need of people with SIP experience to support SBCs and other related products.

I don't know much details of the positions. It's a large international company and we have people working all over the world on this team, so location shouldn't matter.

PM me if interested and I can try to provide more info.

Edit: Just to be clear, I am not management or HR. I'm just a lowly employee and happen to know that my specific team is in need of people with SIP experience.
I don't know of any other open jobs in the company.

Last edited:

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
You know SharePoint? The company I work for is looking for people in a variety of roles in several locations. PM me.

hellfire88

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2003
Hi All,

The company I work for is looking for an IT Systems/Network engineer. Financial industry in Manhattan (NYC). Job description is located here:

https://home.eease.com/recruit2/?id=10572111

Looking for a "jack of all" type of person who can figure stuff on with minimal supervision. Also must be a self-starter since it is also somewhat of a "loner" role that supports a specific department by himself/herself. No relocation expenses offered, sorry. Please PM me if interested.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Looking for entry level IT work in the Tampa Bay area.

I am CompTIA A+ Certified and have fairly strong Cisco Networking skills. Pursuing the CCNA as a next step in my career.

Any help would be appreciated.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Looking for entry level IT work in the Tampa Bay area.

I am CompTIA A+ Certified and have fairly strong Cisco Networking skills. Pursuing the CCNA as a next step in my career.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think any openings are available for entry level, but you can check with Presidio in that area if you like a challenging job.

They usually need CCNP and some experience though.

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
I know of a Business Intelligence / SQL Developer position open in the New Haven, CT area. Looking for someone experienced (7+ yrs). Very good benefits package and salary. PM if you know someone.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
My current employer is gearing up for a massive layoff and offshoring extravaganza, so I'd like to get out of here before all hell breaks loose.

I'm a mid-to-senior level software engineer, depending on who you talk to. I'm completely platform and language agnostic, although I would prefer to work in mainly .NET, but I just prefer C-like languages in general. I'm more interested in clever solutions than picking tools, so I'd say I'm a generalist and have a proven record for rapid acquisition of new skills.

If you want specifics, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my resume. Thanks :)

milehigh

Nov 1, 1999
Looking for PHP/MySQL developer with 3+ years experience. Native app dev experience is a plus. PM me for details. Full time w/ benefits. PM for details.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Anyone who has a need for remote hands in DC metro area I am available for scheduled work. I live close to and have worked extensively in the Equinix, Coresite and Digital Realty facilities in Ashburn, VA and am willing to go to DC & southern Maryland if the hours are there. I'm cheaper and a decent hardware tech. I'll do anything from swapping drives to rack and stack huge deployments to troubleshooting networks or systems. Many years data center experience in a NOC, remote hands support (not the idiot Equinix "smart hands" guys), tech support for big customers, etc.

I'm currently freelancing 100% of the time, so my schedule is very flexible. Contact me if interested.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
If you live in the Charlotte metro area and have experience with administering Exchange and Office 365 and want a contract at one of the largest tech companies in the country, email me and I'll pass your resume along to the right people. Looking to hire in the first couple of weeks of January. And, if you speak French, I can essentially guarantee you'll be hired.

Positions are also available in the DFW area (Los Colinas) to a lesser extent but I can still pass your info on since the hiring is happening is waves there.

Email me and I'll elaborate on the position over that method of communication. Email address is in my profile.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Hi, I am looking for work in the central to eastern part of NJ. I'm an electrical engineer with 4.5+yrs experience designing, analyzing, and testing motors, generators and transformers.

If your company or any connections you may have are seeking electrical engineers with experience in the 4-5yr range, please send me a message.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Looking for senior .net developers in Birmingham, AL area. Excellent benefits, profit sharing, and 3wks vacation to start. Also looking for entry/mid level .net integration test developer. PM if interested.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I got a spot open in Los Angeles, CA for a senior analyst doing contract accounting work. Usual requirements, ~3 years in finance/accounting. Related experience in entertainment is helpful. Pay is decent (probably around 60k for this position), work/life balance is good.

MSG me for additional details, posting is valid until 2/13/15.

Last edited:

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
Looking to fill multiple DevOps/Ops roles at any level of experience in Dallas, TX. Great work life balance, a small team, the pay is competitive, and solid benefits. Skill set is mainly around operations with a mostly VMWare - Windows - IIS/MSSQL stack. Should not be afraid to touch code. Experience with automation tools like Puppet/Ansible is a plus. There is an opportunity for team/project management available as well.

Message me for more details, I'll edit this away when all of the roles are filled.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
We still have (8) Technical Support Representative II positions open in Phoenix.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
We now have an opening in Birmingham, AL for a senior .net developer with front end experience, preferably MVC. Working remotely IS a possibility, regardless of where you live. Good pay and excellent benefits. PM me for details.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
This showed up in my inbox

Link

WORK REMOTE -- TSM Administrators (backup & restore)-15200836

Job: Systems Administration

Primary Location: US-CO-Boulder
Education Level: None
Travel: No

Description

CTG is seeking (3) TSM Administrators (backup and restore) for a 12+ month (with expectation to renew each year) contractual assignment – W2 ONLY - with our client in Boulder, CO. The qualified candidates can work on a remote basis ; must have a strong background to join existing 24x7 support group in a distributed global Cloud environment.
These positions primarily involve the administration and completion of daily backup procedures, and troubleshooting of backup errors using ticketing system to log time, actions, and document RCA's.

Key Responsibility Areas and Major Activities
  • Successful applicant will support the backup environment.
  • This growing Cloud environment currently consists of over 25 tape libraries with client system count in excess of 500 each.
  • The position supports a mixed environment of AIX, Linux, and Windows clients.
  • Responsibilities include daily operation activities such as backup, restore, management of schedules, planned maintenance, report metrics, troubleshooting backup failures, and also troubleshooting of high level B&R issues.

Qualifications

Technical Competencies
  • A deep understanding of the following areas, along with supporting experience, is required:
  • Backup architectures related to TSM - Note: Legato Networker a plus
  • IT service delivery Enterprise level managed hosting and Cloud hosting
  • Working in a distributed team (US and offshore)
  • Backing up AIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
  • EMC backup disk solutions - SAN based backups
  • Database online/offline backups (Oracle, DB2, MsSQL, etc)
  • Implementation of TSM health checks and improvements
  • Maintaining backup system environment and proper documentation (SOP's)
  • Backup auditing

Technical Requirements
  • 6+ years experience with TSM, up to version 7
  • Experience with TSM4VE, TSM4MSEX,
  • Experience in TSM Disaster Recover model with offsite tape rotation
  • Extensive knowledge of Oracle Database, DB2, SQL, and Sybase backups a plus
  • Extensive experience with EMC NetWorker (formerly Legato) a plus

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
If you live in the Charlotte metro area and have experience with administering Exchange and Office 365 and want a contract at one of the largest tech companies in the country, email me and I'll pass your resume along to the right people. Looking to hire in the first couple of weeks of January. And, if you speak French, I can essentially guarantee you'll be hired.

Positions are also available in the DFW area (Los Colinas) to a lesser extent but I can still pass your info on since the hiring is happening is waves there.

Email me and I'll elaborate on the position over that method of communication. Email address is in my profile.

Still looking in the Charlotte/DFW area. If you have Exchange administration and deployment experience and want to get your foot in the door at Microsoft, email me!

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Programmer position in central Texas area (San Marcos, TX):

Looking for a CakePHP programmer with experience in LAMP stack / VM environments.
Please see job posting for full description.

Applying through the university will be required. Summary of benefits at Texas State University for Staff.

Pay: $3750 -$5000 / mo

About ALERRT

Please feel free to PM me if you have questions. And if you meet the requirements, please apply!!

TEEZLE

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2000
15+ experienced windows admin looking for a position in the DC area. All aspects of Windows admin done from server building to AD implementation and support. Vsphere, McAfee EPO, FRS..extensive SCCM and WSUS. Experience with Nessus, CheckPoint DRA....Perform Tier 1-4 with direct customer support and with OCIO. Any leads appreciated..

Thanks

Last edited: