Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
I thought I would post to help out my fellow ATers with a job offer.

I am looking for a web developer with strong knowledge of CMS platforms such as Joomla, Drupal, and Word Press. You must be comfortable dealing with implementing javascript and flash components. THIS IS NOT A DESIGN JOB. The design, UI, and all content will be provided to you electronically.

The work involves medical and education web sites.
1-4 projects depending on your performance.
Work remotely, at home.

Please PM me with business information, contact info, availability, and online samples of your work.

Thanks and good luck.

hofan41

Jan 5, 2006
Western Digital, Orange County, California 10+ Jobs! My department is looking for various engineers including test, software, and mostly firmware engineers. If you have 3-5+ years of experience feel free to PM me with your information. Also, definitely check out our job availabilities at wdc.com and search for jobs in Aliso Viejo for further description.

Job Title:
Senior Engineer - Firmware
PositionType:
Full Time
Department:
Summit R&D
State:
California
City:
Aliso Viejo
Job Discipline:
Engineering
Job Description:
Develops embedded firmware for disk drives

Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development

Strives to meet company goals and objectives

Works with cross functional teams to develop disk drive products

Finds root cause for disk drives that have failed for apparent firmware related issues

Investigates and solves complex customer and factory issues

Participates in cross functional meetings to resolve development issues

Develops and validates solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware

Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations

Implements and validates new firmware features for disk drives

Implements and validates new, complicated, firmware features for disk drives

Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development

Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and code reviews

Prepares and delivers presentations for internal meetings

Stays current with firmware development methodologies
Job Requirements:
B.S. + 2-6 yrs related experience, or MS + 0-3 yrs. related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience

Experience in NAND flash technologies

Experience in ARM processors

Experience with multi-processors systems

Experience in embedded operating systems

Knowledge of solid state storage drives (SSD)

Knowledge in SATA, SAS and/or other storage interfaces.

Knowledge and experience in programming hardware interfaces through I/O ports, shared memory and interrupts.

ID# SSD2478

pray4mojo

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2003
I realize this is a computer based forum but this can't hurt. I'm looking for work as an entry level mechanical engineer in the southern california area. If anyone has any word on any openings please let me know!

Pantlegz

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2007
Looking for a entry-level job across the US, preferably in the Midwest, in IT. I graduate in December 2009 with an AAS in Information Network Technology. Strong emphasis in networking and network security, mostly cisco. Will have CCNA, N+, A+ at very least in January.

Thanks.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Just got laid off (6 months after getting the job, prior to which I was out of work for 7 months). I've been doing ColdFusion development, and I am in the Nashville area. I'm also will to work at a place that gives me a month or so to come up to speed with .net, as I haven't played with it since college. If you know of anything, let me know. Thanks!

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Unheard
Just got laid off (6 months after getting the job, prior to which I was out of work for 7 months). I've been doing ColdFusion development, and I am in the Nashville area. I'm also will to work at a place that gives me a month or so to come up to speed with .net, as I haven't played with it since college. If you know of anything, let me know. Thanks!

I have some contacts in Nashville. Let me check around and see what I can find.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
Originally posted by: Unheard

I have some contacts in Nashville. Let me check around and see what I can find.

thx

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Looking for practically anything around Buford/Lawrenceville/Gainesville area in Georgia.
I have 2 weeks of unemployment left..

I don't have much, was practically retarded my whole life because of a head injury.

Certificate in Website Design.
Diploma in Dental Assisting.

I just finished a website for a local spa/salon. (can provide link if interested)
I've done some random hardware and networking for a few companies. Including wiring up a building for a network and fixing a few computers.

I worked at Circuit City for 3 years.

Random highschool jobs before all of that.

Experienced using:
Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition(for audio engineering)

HTML/XHTML
CSS
lite Flash
lite javascript
lite perl

I passed my A+ and Net+ classes with flying colors. Didn't have the money to get the certificates.

I've never gotten below a 96-ish % in any class. I refuse failure.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Looking for work in Southern California as an entry level civil/environmental engineer, preferably in water/wastewater/environmental remediation.

Informal resume:

Education:
BS Environmental Engineering
BS Earth and Environmental Sciences

Experience:
Engineering Intern - Public water agency
Undergraduate Researcher - Urban Water Research Institute

Qualifications/Skills:
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) - California, 2009
AutoCAD Land Desktop, ArcGIS, Solidworks, Matlab, Excel

mcmilljb

Platinum Member
May 17, 2005
Honeywell is looking for a Info System Security Analyst 1.

If you have some solid computer network/security work experience (1-2 years), bachelors degree(they prefer CS/CE), can meet DoD 8570.1 M requirements for an IAT2, and want to live in/around Charleston, SC, look at Honeywell's career website. If you have your SSCP, you're pretty much qualified.

They also have some other higher level jobs(ISSA 2 and 3) available, and you can check out other regions. Also they're probably going to want you to be able to get a security clearance too, just depends on which team you end up with.

I interviewed with them a few years back, and they seemed like a great group down there.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Hell, can't hurt to help out a fellow member:

Agua Moss SWD (Salt Water Disposal) LLC
Bloomfield New Mexico

Possibly looking for four new hands (general laborers) to be trained up to run the facility when our new one is built. Myself and one other are crew leaders, so we will be doing all of the training.
No experience required, but previous water disposal experience will put you ahead of the rest. Knowledge of injection pumps (mechanical engineers) as well as in-depth knowledge of water treatment (biocides, Iron Sulfide Dissolvers, H2S treatment, crude oil treatment, etc.) will look extremely good in your favor.

Extremely steady work with room for quick advancement - been there 10 months and have received five raises.

If you don't mind getting dirty and are in the San Juan County area, PM me if you are interested.

Lomey

Jun 20, 2009
Relocating to Chicago (northern suburbs area)

currently in accounts receivable at a hospital; also interested in medical records or any similar business administration/clerical work
over 4 years office experience, 3 of which were in a law firm
experience answering customer/patient phone calls, professional correspondence, and some legal documents
familiar with medical and legal terminology

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I work as a Support Engineer for a superb company that makes static analysis software. We're looking to hire 2 more support engineers; one in Tokyo and one in the SF bay area. They pay is great and the experience priceless. If you have the skill set, live in these areas or are interested (willing to move etc), then pm me and I'll move you to the top of the list.

Here is a description from our webpage on the position.

At xxxxx, Technical Support is different from most other companies.

Our products involve sophisticated technology to detect critical defects and security vulnerabilities in source code. Therefore, our technical support issues can be highly complex --- solving them requires intelligence, insight, and technical expertise.

We are searching to find smart, motivated Technical Support Engineers with C/C++, C#, or Java programming experience. We want to hire people who are eager to help the best engineers from the worlds top companies (our customers) solve complex problems in their source code and development environments.

If you have this programming knowledge and a passion for helping engineers find solutions for software quality and security needs, than xxxxx is the right place for you.

Responsibilities
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving tier-1 and tier-2 customer problems. In this role, you will work closely with developers and existing technical support staff to provide high-quality support to our customers. Tasks essential to this position include:

* Troubleshoot incoming customer problems through email and/or phone conversations.
* Work with existing support staff and developers to provide resolution to customer issues.
* Respond to customer requests and providing detailed explanations to address questions and concerns.
* Assist with the QA of products as issues are diagnosed.
* Support the release process of new versions of products.

Qualifications

* Self-starter with the ability to work effectively as an independent contributor
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in technical support and/or C/C++ programming with expert support skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with variety of industry hardware platforms, operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc.), and compilers.
* Extensive technical expertise; the ability to solve problems and determine the root cause of issues.
* Ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic. The ability to get things done in an emerging, high-growth company.
* Ability to use and train others on the use of developed tools, software, and advanced troubleshooting procedures. Must be able to tailor content to meet the needs of the audience.
* Ability to effectively handle multiple critical client support situations and effectively communicate with senior management.
* Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information. Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy.
* Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem solving skills.
* Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
* Team player with a customer-focused attitude.

Nightfall

Golden Member
Nov 16, 1999
The company I work for, Marketlab in Caledonia MI, is looking for an Application Developer. Caledonia is a small suburb of Grand Rapids, MI. I do not know what the pay range is since I am only the Network Administrator here, but I can tell you that they will pay well for the right person. This company has been a great place to work and they treat the employees very well. If you are looking to work in a very positive and high energy work environment, this is the right place to work.

Send an email with any questions or with a resume and cover letter to: cbdudek AT nightfall.net

-----

Job Title: APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Description: The Application Developer will design, specify and implement applications to solve business problems. Responsibilities include organizing and managing multiple priorities while being flexible. They will design, create and maintain new integrations between applications. Also design reports and user interfaces for secure, company-wide access to information. They will work with end-users to determine needs, evaluate results and test applications. Troubleshooting, testing and debugging software applications and solutions will also be part of this roll.

Requirements: KEY SKILLS:
Team work, Problem Solving, Strategic decision-making and planning/organizing.

EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Computer Science or other IT field.
Minimum 4 years developing applications as part of an IT team.
Demonstrated, well-designed solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, COM, VB, SQL, Web services and Web applications.
Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server; SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), and SharePoint preferred.
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.

Salary: Negotiable

Benefits:
Competitive Compensation
Annual Bonus plan
401k plan
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
High-energy, casual environment with an emphasis on teamwork and importance of family
Midwest, Great Lakes location

Type: Full Time

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: randalee
http://www.sorenson.com/company/jobs.php

Here is another good lead for another company doing very well right now. They are looking for software engineers, test engineers, and have many positions open. Sorenson runs a video relay service for the deaf and hard of hearing. The back end that runs everything is quite impressive, and the software is pure magic. I worked for them in the IT department for over a year, and I love the company. I wish I would have never left there. If you can get to Salt Lake City, it might be worth your while! Business is booming right now for Sorenson. Also, if you know American Sign Language, their interpreters make from 25-30 dollars per hour, and Sorenson has a call center in nearly every major US city, so there is likely one near you.

In fact, I started going to ASL class to learn once I found out how much the interpreters can make! It's much more than I can bring in doing IT work. If a person can learn and master a new 'language' it could be a good thing! And since the 'core' of it is English, a language we already know, it comes quickly. For a person that already knows how to sign and can become certified, it's a golden opportunity.

So why did you leave Sorenson?

I didn't see any openings on their web site, but do you know if they're hiring any sysadmin or network engineering types in SLC?

Kilrsat

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
We're looking for a software tester here at a software company in Houston, TX. Small, fun, laid back place where you get to wear whatever you want every day as long as you get stuff done. Mostly we'll take anyone who is smart and gets stuff done, every real job skill can be taught.

Here's our 'official' job post:

If you are a Network Admin, QA Tester, Technical Support Guru, or simply the smartest computer guy that people know, keep reading....

You seriously want to work for SnapStream!

We're seeking an uber geek to help ensure the high quality of our Beyond TV and Enterprise TV products. In addition to the challenges of the job, SnapStream provides a great environment where working is fun. We supply you with smart coworkers, a great work environment, flexible hours, relaxed dress code, and all the lunches that you can eat courtesy of Chef Boyardee.

That may all sound well and good, but there is something even more important. At SnapStream, you're not a drone. What you do makes an incredible impact on the software and hardware that tens of thousands of people use every day.

The position we have open right now is for someone that will work in our testing / quality assurance department. An average day will see testing bugs and iterating with developers, meeting to discuss product design and maintaining our checklist and testlab tools. Testing the software will require a mix of hands on "brute force" testing as well as creating and running automated tools.

If you're the right person for the job, we're interested in you whether for full or part time, entry level or highly experienced placement.

Don't worry if you haven't done QA Testing before.
Given the unique combination of responsibilities this position entails, a direct background in software testing is not a requirement. Most importantly, we require a Windows PC expert with extreme attention to detail and demonstrable use of logical thinking in everyday problem solving. This position requires working independently to achieve tactical goals, as well as thinking strategically on ways to improve the quality of the software and speed of testing.

As mentioned above, maybe you're a Network Administrator or the Technical Support Guru that everyone turns to for help. Either of those positions are great experience for this job.
Even if you don't have formal experience, we'd like to talk to you if you're super technical and have the projects to back it up.

Job responsibilities:

* Become an expert on SnapStream?s technologies and products
* Validate features, bug fixes and improvements using hands on and automated testing methods
* Regression test software components before major releases to eliminate backsliding
* Design test plans that exercise all aspects of the software and maintain them in our checklist database
* Iterate quickly with developers while checking for quality, consistency and usability
* Maintain test lab infrastructure and continually improve hardware coverage testing
* Advocate usability and proper development practices to improve user experience and development speed

Requirements:
* Demonstrable excitement about computer hardware and software
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Extreme attention to detail and ability to focus on quality in a rapidly moving environment
* Expert knowledge of Windows PC hardware and software
* Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Windows operating system

Preferred Skills:
* Experience in Quality Assurance of a commercial software product, Technical Support or Network Administration
* C++, C#, and Microsoft .net coding or testing experience
* Experience scripting or programming to create utilities that automate tedious tasks
* Experience with PC based DVRs (such as SnapStream's Beyond TV) and PC TV tuner cards
* Knowledge of standard testing practices such as black box, white box and automated testing

If you are a Windows PC Expert with a passion for computer technology, visit our website to learn more about our company at http://www.snapstream.com.
Then send us an email (jobs@snapstream.com) with your resume and a short statement about yourself and how you would fit in at SnapStream (no need for corporate synergistic mumbo jumbo buzzwords. Just describe what's it about you that will jive with the rest of the techno-geeks that work at SnapStream)

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Recently I have been receiving tons of job offers for mid to high level IT jobs. If anyone here is looking for a position in the NJ or NY area pm me or send your resume to my company e-mail : Kevin.Robbins@wdtechnology.com.

here are a few email me for more details:

Subject: Junior/Mid-level A/V PM - Princeton, NJ

Duration: 6 months

Junior/Mid-Level Project Manager

The Project Scope is to initiate an RFP to look at multiple Audio/Video
vendors to handle our global Audio/Video services with the potential
migration to a new vendor. Candidate must have prior experience with
managing an RFP from beginning to end.

Duration: 6 months

We also have a very good offer for Sr. Engineer in San Francisco if anyone in that area is currently looking for a job.

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Contract position 6months+, located in Bridgeport CT

Data integrator XI (ETL) Consultant Qualifications

General Qualifications.
Strong Leadership qualities and a self starter.

Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
Strong Technical, Analytical, and Organizational Skills.
Ability to work independently on projects.
Team Player with excellent inter-personal skills.
Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
Ability to interact with End Users and Business Analysis
Experienced with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Ability to Estimate Work Effort.
Experience in developing, maintaining, and documenting data standards,
guidelines and procedures.
Knowledge of Source Controls tools is a plus.
Banking Experience is a plus.
Familiarity with DOS and FTP commands is a plus.
Experience in Oracle 8i through 10i; Sybase 11 through 12; Sybase IQ; and
MS SQL Server 7.0 through 2005.
Familiar with Windows environment.
Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Stored procedures and query tuning.
Data Integrator XI (ETL) Programming Qualifications

Two or more years of Data Integrator XI experience in using Data Integrator
for extraction, transformation and loading of data marts.
Candidate must be able to follow program specifications to write, test,
debug, document, and implement complex Batch jobs and Real time jobs to
extract data from a variety of data sources, transform the data, and load
the data to specified destinations using Data Integrator XI (ETL).
Know how to define database Data Stores and File Formats to allow Data
Integrator XI to connect to the source or target database and files.
Expert skills in Data integrator XI (ETL) in design, creation, and
implementation of Data Integrator scripts, work flows, and data flows.
Experience in performing simple and complex transformations in Data Flows.
Ability to design and develop Data Integrator scripts for data
transformation.
Experience in cleansing data in DI using proper data types and mappings.
Ability to create Workflows using object library and tool palette to
execute data flows.
Experience in Creating, Testing and Executing Data Integrator jobs using
Data Integrator Designer to transfer data from source to target.
Experience in debugging execution errors using Data Integrator logs (trace,
statistics, and error) and by examining the target data.
Experience in implementing Change Data Capture (CDC) is a plus.

Data integrator XI (ETL) Administrative Skills are a plus and not a
requirement

Experience in installation and configuration of Data Integrator on Windows.
Experience in creating and administering the metadata Data Integrator
repository in a multi user environment.
Ability to Configure the Data Integrator Job Server, Data Integrator Access
Server, and repository usage.
Familiar with Administration of the repository including starting and
stopping the service; backup and restore; as well as performance tuning.
Understands how to Configure and Manage adapters.
Publishing batch jobs and real time services via web services using Data
Integrator Administrator.
Experience in implementation of Recovery Mechanism for unsuccessful batch
jobs execution

email: Kevin.Robbins@wdtechnology.com

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Any love for an engineering internship? I'm a Sophomore at UIUC studying Electrical/Computer engineering + Physics. Located in the suburbs around Chicago.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Kilrsat
We're looking for a software tester here at a software company in Houston, TX. Small, fun, laid back place where you get to wear whatever you want every day as long as you get stuff done. Mostly we'll take anyone who is smart and gets stuff done, every real job skill can be taught.

Here's our 'official' job post:

If you are a Network Admin, QA Tester, Technical Support Guru, or simply the smartest computer guy that people know, keep reading....

You seriously want to work for SnapStream!

We're seeking an uber geek to help ensure the high quality of our Beyond TV and Enterprise TV products. In addition to the challenges of the job, SnapStream provides a great environment where working is fun. We supply you with smart coworkers, a great work environment, flexible hours, relaxed dress code, and all the lunches that you can eat courtesy of Chef Boyardee.

That may all sound well and good, but there is something even more important. At SnapStream, you're not a drone. What you do makes an incredible impact on the software and hardware that tens of thousands of people use every day.

The position we have open right now is for someone that will work in our testing / quality assurance department. An average day will see testing bugs and iterating with developers, meeting to discuss product design and maintaining our checklist and testlab tools. Testing the software will require a mix of hands on "brute force" testing as well as creating and running automated tools.

If you're the right person for the job, we're interested in you whether for full or part time, entry level or highly experienced placement.

Don't worry if you haven't done QA Testing before.
Given the unique combination of responsibilities this position entails, a direct background in software testing is not a requirement. Most importantly, we require a Windows PC expert with extreme attention to detail and demonstrable use of logical thinking in everyday problem solving. This position requires working independently to achieve tactical goals, as well as thinking strategically on ways to improve the quality of the software and speed of testing.

As mentioned above, maybe you're a Network Administrator or the Technical Support Guru that everyone turns to for help. Either of those positions are great experience for this job.
Even if you don't have formal experience, we'd like to talk to you if you're super technical and have the projects to back it up.

Job responsibilities:

* Become an expert on SnapStream?s technologies and products
* Validate features, bug fixes and improvements using hands on and automated testing methods
* Regression test software components before major releases to eliminate backsliding
* Design test plans that exercise all aspects of the software and maintain them in our checklist database
* Iterate quickly with developers while checking for quality, consistency and usability
* Maintain test lab infrastructure and continually improve hardware coverage testing
* Advocate usability and proper development practices to improve user experience and development speed

Requirements:
* Demonstrable excitement about computer hardware and software
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Extreme attention to detail and ability to focus on quality in a rapidly moving environment
* Expert knowledge of Windows PC hardware and software
* Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Windows operating system

Preferred Skills:
* Experience in Quality Assurance of a commercial software product, Technical Support or Network Administration
* C++, C#, and Microsoft .net coding or testing experience
* Experience scripting or programming to create utilities that automate tedious tasks
* Experience with PC based DVRs (such as SnapStream's Beyond TV) and PC TV tuner cards
* Knowledge of standard testing practices such as black box, white box and automated testing

If you are a Windows PC Expert with a passion for computer technology, visit our website to learn more about our company at http://www.snapstream.com.
Then send us an email (jobs@snapstream.com) with your resume and a short statement about yourself and how you would fit in at SnapStream (no need for corporate synergistic mumbo jumbo buzzwords. Just describe what's it about you that will jive with the rest of the techno-geeks that work at SnapStream)

Just wanted to note that I interviewed for a job with you guys a few years ago when you were hiring a Net Admin, and while it was over me since I hadn't done it for awhile - the guys here are AWESOME, very laid back and fun to be around. Hope you guys can help someone from AT.

On that note, my wife is looking for a job here in the Houston area, preferably towards the Katy area - her experience is with accounting and book keeping.