Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

milehigh

Nov 1, 1999
I wanted to add that there is a SLIGHT chance of this being a telecommute.

Originally posted by: milehigh
Looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience. Full time position, full benefits.

Expert HTML/CSS proficiency
Medium proficiency PHP/ASP
Medium proficiency Javascript

Experience with any sort of templating language a plus (velocity/smarty etc)
Experience with open source development a plus.
Flash experience a plus

PM me for details.

Ipno

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2001
PM me or send email to aggrazel@gmail.com if you're interested in any of these.

1. Senior Unix Engineer (can be located in Schenectady, Atlanta, or Cincinnati)
7+ years hands-on experience in an enterprise level UNIX environment running on SUN servers with admin server responsibility as the primary focus including proven server design, build, and operations experience.

Systems Engineer or Administrator or equivalent college accreditation and 5+ years hands-on experience in an enterprise level UNIX server environment with ERP and database, and experience with the majority of the following is required:
? Solaris 2.8 and 2.10
? VxVM, VxFS, and VCS Clustering
? Proven experience in building, configuring, and operating servers in a production environment
? Storage management including San and NAS environments
? TCP/IP, IP Management, load balanced using IP based solutions
? Shell Scripting a plus (perl, ksh)

2. Experienced Storage Engineer (can be located in Schenectady, Atlanta, or Cincinnati)
5+ years hands-on experience in an enterprise level storage environment with SAN Disk, Fabric, and NAS. Proven ability to build and configure various storage platforms, and build/maintain various data replication technologies. Experience with the majority of the following is required:
? EMC DMX, NetApp, Hitachi Storage Platforms
? ECC & Solutions Enabler
? San Fabric administration
? EMC SRDF data replication
? Solaris 2.8 and 2.10, Windows Server 2003
? VERITAS file systems
? NDMP backup configurations and scripting

3. Experienced Backup Engineer ( I believe this is a Cincinnati only position )
5+ years hands-on experience in an enterprise level Veritas Netbackup environment running on SUN Solaris and various Windows platforms, with backup admin responsibility as the primary focus including proven backup policy and schedule design and build experience. Proven ability to generate useful metrics on the backup environment, and ability to configure and test/validate recovery methods.

Systems Engineer or Administrator or equivalent college accreditation and 3+ years hands-on experience in an enterprise level Veritas Netbackup environment, and experience with the majority of the following is required:
? Veritas Netbackup 6.5.x and earlier versions.
? Master & Media server setup and configuration + master server recovery/catalog restore experience.
? Solaris 2.8 and 2.10, Windows Server 2003
? Various Tape hardware configurations, as well as disk-based backups (CDL/VTL)
? VERITAS file systems
? NDMP backup configurations, setup and various client agents including SQL & RMAN
? Backup policy and scheduling, and Performance tuning and management
? MSEO software based encryption a plus.
? Experience with DataDomain or EMC Avamar a plus.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
Hi,

My company is looking for:

ME's (entry level to upper level)
EE's (entry level to upper level)
I&C Eng (entry level to upper level)
Accountant (1 entry level spot)

This is in Northeastern NJ just outside of NYC. PM me for details.

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
Please bump this up!

Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems Baltimore

We are hiring at least 50 software engineers for new programs by December. I am looking at resumes on campus at RIT and Syracuse University.

You can also email them to me. These are immediate fill in the Baltimore area. We have an office in every state, but if you would like to be in the DC Baltimore area let me know ASAP!!!!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Not my ad, but this was sent to me. Maybe it will help someone:

We are currently working with a client who is looking for a full time permanent employee. This client is located in Pittsburg, Kansas ? this locations is 90 minutes from either Kansas City or Tulsa and close to Joplin, MO. If you know of someone one who may be interested in this position, please forward them my email and contact me at bconnelly@yorksolutions.net. We do offer a referral fee. The position is a programmer with excellent C++ experience (2-3 years) We would like this person to have experience on standard templates and/or boost library. This is a direct hire position, but they will consider contract to hire as well. The company offers full relocation package which includes temporary housing for 60 days, paid house hunting trips. Full benefit package as well as 401K match. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to: bconnelly@yorksolutions.net. Thank you. Barb Connelly Manager, Placement Services York Enterprise Solutions 708-531-8362

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
Send me an email at cliff.wynne@gmail.com if your interested in any of these positions. These are all out of the Freeport, IL area.

IT Technical Analyst

Job Description

Description
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, BernzOmatic, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, and Teutonia.

This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.

The IT Technical Analyst will be responsible for planning, designing, and leading projects in the following areas:
Active Directory topology management, design and deployment.
Group Policy design and deployment
Design and deployment of new application-server environments based on technical/project requirements.
System deployment, design and optimization.
Administration and maintenance of the existing environment which consists of 150+ Windows 2000/2003 servers running SQL, IIS and various other business applications such as
Financial Reporting
Business Intelligence
Security Monitoring
Storage Area Networks
Infrastructure Systems

Qualifications
Minimum 3 years experience in design, troubleshooting, installation, configuration of operating systems and business applications utilizing IIS, MS SQL Server, etc on Windows 2000/2003 platforms.
Minimum 3 years experience with systems infrastructure, to include Active Directory DNS, TCP/IP and WINS.
Experience in large Active Directory environments or experience in AD topology management highly desired.
VMWare ESX experience a plus
VB and VBScript experience a plus
Ability to develop and document processes and solutions
High level of customer service, excellent understanding of priorities, and efficient work.
Experience with Windows XP and Windows 2000/2003 desktops/servers and the ability to assist with installation, configuration and support when needed.
MCSE, MCSA or other certifications highly desired.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Ability to work demanding hours and/or be "on call" during non-working hours, as project or emergency system maintenance requires

Computer Room Operator

Job Description

Description
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, BernzOmatic, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, and Teutonia.

This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.

This position will be responsible for operating, monitoring, and controling a mainframe computer and its related peripheral equipment using established procedures, to identify mainframe error messages, job failures, and network malfunctions. The position will also monitor Sap production and test systems according to established procedures.

The position works with job scheduler (Zeke), and the restart facility (Zebb), CICS, CA-SPOOL, UNIX, Windows, and I SERIES AS400(PKMS). . Operational knowledge of SL8500 Silo a plus.

The successful candidate for this position will work under leadership of the lead operator while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.

The schedule for this position is 6pm to 6am. Sunday through Tuesday for a 36 hour week. Every other week will be a 48 hour week beginning on Sunday, and ending on Wednesday, with occasional other shift work as needed.

Qualifications

High school diploma
Two years minimum experience as a computer operator a plus
Diversified responsibilities and duties involving an intensive knowledge of a restricted field
Experience with troublshooting
Ability to follow written and oral instructions in order to process the daily computer room schedule in an orderly and timely fashion to produce accurate results
Ability to lift 50lbs is desirable

MBony

Platinum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Looking for a Network/Systems Admin position in Portland, Or. Currently MCP certified, A+, Network+, and Exchange 2008 certified. Experience with Citrix Presentation and a small bit of AS400. Resume available upon request.

MyMotherTheCar

Sep 23, 2008
I just moved to Upland, CA - am looking for an AD systems admin/project management position in the area. 9 years experience with NT/2000/03 Server, Active Directory, desktop support and IT/telephony project management, much more. Any leads are much appreciated. Shoot me an email at solsen3@verizon.net Thanks!

Cable God

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
Posting this for a friend:

.NET Application Lead Developer/Architect
eCache, a small innovative payments processing company is seeking experienced .NET developers that are used to working all facets of a software project. The skill set should include VS 2008/2005, ASP.NET application development, AJAX, UI development, and above average skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008. Candidates should understand all aspects of coding security and best practices for creating tight and securable code. The perfect candidate will enjoy working in our startup company environment. You should bring your own initiative and not be afraid to jump into conducting design work. This is a great step up position for a developer that would like to play along the entire software development life cycle, and use forward looking technologies to include Windows 2008 IIS 7.0, .NET 3.5, ASP.NET MVC, WWF, WPF, and SQL 2008. This position is located in the easy going comfortable pace town of Columbus, GA, and as such provides the benefit of getting anywhere in 5 minutes, great schools, and Atlanta 1.5 hours away when you need it.

PM me if interested. I will get you in contact with their CTO, who sent this to me.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The following is a description of a fulltime/perm position in West Los Angeles for an Network Manager. Need someone with good management skills as well as being very hands on. Salary: $80-90k/yr (may have a little flexibility). Start date is ASAP. If interested or know someone who is interested and fit the criteria, please email me an updated resume for review.

Our client has an immediate full-time opportunity available in the Los Angeles area. The candidates of choice will oversee aspects of Information Technology, including: long and short term planning and strategy; staff supervision; user support; network operations/design; network security; systems implementation; and voice and data communications.

Essential Functions:
- Manage data backup and recovery systems, security and user help systems.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Develop and implement all IT policies, and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, and train staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports.
- Purchase necessary equipment.
- Administer Nortel Phone systems - Provide desktop support for phone hardware, administer PBX
- system to configure IP phones and voicemail.

Qualifications/ Competency Statement(s):
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one?s conduct.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.

Education:
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or business related field Experience

7+ years of progressive experience in IT related fields.

Skills & Abilities
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Back-Office Server environment (consisting of mostly Windows
2000/2003 and associated technologies
- Active Directory, Backup Exec, Citrix, Blackberry Servers, Exchange 2003, CISCO routers (a must), 3Com switches, firewalls (PIX and ASA), Symantec Corp. Antivirus; security policies and procedures.

Certificates & Licenses
- Preferred but not required

Other Requirements
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation skills--particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.

SEND RESUMES to aballantyneATpartnersconsultingDOTcom

Skiddex

Golden Member
May 17, 2001
in KC right now, but would always entertain anything back closer to home (chicago, milwaukee, madison)

double major (CS,CMPE)
currently HPUX/AIX admin (some openvms work) (2 years)
service guard/HACMP
npar/vpar knowledge (work with hp superdomes on a daily basis)
ksh/perl scripting
mediocre sql knowledge (oracle)

lots of past experience with:
c/c++/perl/java/*unix/some windows administration/solaris/network

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Skiddex
in KC right now, but would always entertain anything back closer to home (chicago, milwaukee, madison)

double major (CS,CMPE)
currently HPUX/AIX admin (some openvms work) (2 years)
service guard/HACMP
npar/vpar knowledge (work with hp superdomes on a daily basis)
ksh/perl scripting
mediocre sql knowledge (oracle)

lots of past experience with:
c/c++/perl/java/*unix/some windows administration/solaris/network

If you don't know already, milwaukeejobs. com seems to be the best resource for finding jobs there (craigslist has a few too). I just finished school there and moved elsewhere:p

cjvon

Jan 7, 2008
Deskside support techs needed in Farmington Hills MI. Must have large (or at least medium) sized corporate support experience. XP, Office 2003, VPN, etc., etc.

Exp. working for a manufacture and/or engineering company a plus.

Same great benefits as outlined in my other thread.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
We're looking for Programmer Analyst for my department. We are in SoCal in Pomona.

Here's the link to our ad on Monster: Programmer Analyst

Stuff we're looking for:
-PL/SQL
-Java
-Pro*C
-Pro*Cobol
-Oracle 10g
-Oracle Forms and Reports
-Experience with Sungard Banner ERP is a plus

If anyones interested you can go through the link above or shoot me a PM.

Pandamonium

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
I'm looking in New Orleans, if anyone knows of openings. I'd imagine that I'd have to start low, but anything is better than nothing.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Network/System Admin with 4 years experience in a Windows XP/2003 Server environment.

Would prefer in the central PA to central NY corridor, but willing to go further.

Full resume available on request.

Sensai

Nov 30, 2002
open job to be filled ASAP~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

PT Web Developer/Sharepoint/Microsoft CRM -- New York City - Wall St/NYSE area
Asset Management & Consulting Group - Align Communications

There are a few projects my company needs done now which requires web developer skills, launching a redesigned corporate site, internal site, and MSFT CRM solution.

Our new website is about 50 pages, limited functionality at this point in ASP.NET and .NET 2.0 framework. Someone needs to work with our Career & Marketing Dept to:

flow content in properly
create intra-site links
ad logos and images for partner pages, etc. (images will be provided)
develop hovers

Skills required:
C#/ .NET 2.0 development
ASP.NET, Javascript, HTML, CSS
Front end skills such as (FLASH, photoshop, eye candy)
Microsoft Sharepoint development/designer
Microsoft CRM solution knowledge a PLUS

Will be paid hourly (negotiable) and must work in office for direction. (little or no telecommuting). May lead into full time position.

please contact me at dlee @ align.com with resume

33mikeg

Oct 10, 2008
Do these jobs pay well? I know some things about C++ but it was my own learning so I dont really know how much these types of jobs pay.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
My Department is hiring, I could use a co-worker from the AT forums. :)

Information Systems Development & Integration Programmer/Analyst (Information Technology - Position Application Number: F-0056):

Under the technical direction of the IS Development & Integration Manager, the Programmer/Analyst will participate in developing, integrating, implementing and administering a range of custom-built and packaged information systems used by The New York Botanical Garden. He/She will work as part of a team to develop and support systems to serve NYBG?s proprietary business and information systems. Participate in system analysis and planning activities. Train systems and network administrators to respond to Helpdesk and support tasks for these software packages and customized systems. Self-manage a continuous learning cycle to incorporate new skills. He/She will perform other relevant duties as assigned.

* Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent relevant experience in an information technology development related field.
* At least 5 years relevant experience in software or system development, at least 3 years of this experience specific to SQL-driven web enabled processes.
* Knowledge of business systems operations and support (such as Retail, Financial, CRM, E-commerce, etc.).
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply specifics of new business systems.
* Knowledge and experience in application and database administration and support.
* Demonstrated ability to do advanced script and query modification and development using XML, PHP, Delphi, JavaScript, XHTML, Post-relational, SQL, and similar environments.
* Highly developed support manner, patience, resourcefulness, reliability, and a commitment to excellence.

Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits, including 4 weeks vacation.

We have a TON of positions open here. Apply online, or in person -- click on a position, and then click the send resume button.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm a Windows 2000/2003, UNIX, and Linux Systems Administrator with 7 years experience on all three OS platforms. I also have DB2 and WebSphere experience, VMWare ESX experience, and also have experience with HP and IBM server hardware.

I already have a decent UNIX consulting job, but I'm looking for something more permanent in the Eastern/Central Connecticut area. If you have any interesting leads, please let me know...