Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Several Job openings near Detroit, Michigan (Novi)

Programmer:
C# both Winforms and ASP.Net, either or, both preferred.
Expirience with XML web services a plus
Any knowledge of Cold Fusion (for legacy systems) a plus but not required.
Knowledge of 3d Systems (CAD, OpenGL, DirectX) a plus but not required.

DBA:
SQL Server 2005

Email me your resume and I will get you an interview!

neiln @ mtsl dot com

Jassi

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Well this is a longshot but I'll post here in case someone needs this.

My company is SE Michigan (wolverine territory....) is looking for people with experience in the power generation industry. The positions require experience of greater than 3 years. There might be entry level positions as well but that is rare. So if you are interested, drop me a line. I can guide you. ME and EE peeps only as far as I know but we do work in Civil and Environmental as well (not my area so I don't know the hiring plans).

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Corona, Ca Vocational School looking for part time entry level Help desk. Need 12-16 hours covered weekly, flexible hours. $11-14 hr based on experience and small aptitude test.

Will need to be able to
lift 55 lbs
install windows XP and Vista
famliar with networking in a Windows environment
familiar with hardware troublshooting and repair of computers and printers

no experience necessary, but knowledge of help desk procedures helpful.

If interested, email me your resume at ed.tsai@summitcollege.com

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Seeking:

SQL guy. Windows server 2k. Contract work. 20-30 billable hours? Carson, CA.

Posting is valid from 5/16/08 - 5/23/08. Please pm me.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
I didn't get many bites here the last time we were hiring, but it's worth a try.

Chicago, Illinois - Mathematician

Job Summary: Design math models for gaming products and work closely with the game development artists, sound designers, game designers and producers.

Detailed Description

WMS Designs and manufactures video slots, mechanical slots, video poker, etc. We are looking to hire another mathematician. This is the same position I currently hold here, so if you are interested or have questions, PM me.

Contrary to the "Qualifications Required" section you don't need a math degree to apply, but knowledge of statistics and probability is a must. For instance I have a CS degree, and we are looking for someone with strong programming skills. 2 years of experience is also not required.

You don't have to be a gambling afficianado to work at WMS, but it definitely doesn't hurt.

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
BPMI in Monroeville, PA (outside of Pittsburgh) keeps playing radio ads that they are looking for engineers. I think the focus is on EE's. I work for another company in the same program (Naval Nuclear Propulsion). It's a great program to work in.

Must be a US citizen and be able to get a security clearance.

BPMI

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I'm posting this by request. I don't work for or represent the company hiring, though I used to work for them.

Company: Modine Manufacturing Company
Position: paid Summer IT internship

Ideal candidate: Computer-tech-smart college student looking for Summer work who lives within commuting distance.

This makes for good experience working IT in a corporate environment. If interested, PM me and I'll reply with contact information. Position still open as of 5/21.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hey guys

I have a B.S. in Computer Science and am currently finishing my Masters in Information Technology.

I'm currently working at the level of a Systems Analyst. I do mainly web based applications in ASP (classic), Javascript, PHP (a little .NET). I support many 3rd party applications that are either client/server, n-tier architecture. I work with SQL 2000/2005 and the T-SQL language.

I'm located in baltimore, MD. But willing to travel to columbia, rockville if the price is right....

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I have a line on a few open jobs in the Tampa area for experienced Cold Fusion people. Looking to hire ASAP.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
This really only applies to people who are legal to work in Canada, but the place I just got hired at is looking for a decent programmer, someone who knows .NET well, among other things. Go here for details, it's a decent company, about 20 people right now, although growing quick. All of their software is designed in-house, so they know what they're doing and need someone who can keep up with them.

If you're interested and apply send me a message with your info and I'll mention it to my boss.

Joony

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
Greetings All,

I'm a senior at the University of Illinois and I'm looking for a summer IT internship in the Chicago or NW suburbs area.

Please let me know if you can help!

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
NY, NY. Major television network. Looking for someone with very strong client-development experience as well as web front-end *and* server-side. Eye for detail and creativity a huge plus.

- Flash/Flex/AIR
- Javascript/CSS
- Java/JSP/Spring/Hibernate

PM for details.

KurskKnyaz

Dec 1, 2003
I just received my BS in Biology with a minor in Health & Nutrition Science. Live in Brooklyn and will travel to other boroughs. Have experience with digital video editing, very computer & electronics savvy, very good at hands-on mechanical work, and great at chemistry.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Just found out that we're looking for a new salesperson as well. Once again this is a job local in Victoria, it's not something that travels so if you're not willing to relocate don't apply. Even though you'd be selling our gateway processing services it's not necessary to have an extensive background in e-commerce, they care much more about your skills in sales, the rest can be trained. If you're interested and either live here already or wouldn't mind moving to Victoria, send in an email to careers@beanstream.com with resume/cover letter for the sales position. They'd probably want it to start in mid-late June.

letsgetsilly

Oct 27, 2002
Microsoft .NET Web Application Developer with 2+ years experience and Secret Clearance looking for a job in the Denver area. Please contact me via private message.

Thank you,
Adam

Paddington

Jun 26, 2006
In Toledo, OH and nearby suburb Perrysburg, OH, two solar power companies are hiring a number of people with degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and business. They are also hiring people to work on or manage their assembly lines. First Solar is long established leader in the field, and Xunlight is a new startup that's well capitalized and about to enter production.

http://www.firstsolar.com

http://www.xunlight.com

Go under careers on both sites.

Jaywire

Feb 19, 2005
Recently graduated high school, took college courses in Cisco for 2 years. CCNA, A+ and Network+ in progress. Need an entry level IT/Computer job in the NE Ohio area!

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
I'm finishing up my college degree in the Bay Area, looking for an IT/Help Desk job in the south bay. I've got 3 years experience, and am Network+ Certified.

Edit: I also recently passed my first MCP exam. 70-290 Managing and Maintaining Server 2003.

WarhammerUC

Aug 6, 2007
Greenwich CT, 5 Billion Dollars Hedge Fund looking for PC Tech, 200 employees, full medical, dental, flex spending, 401k matching, roth 401k, summer party every thursday

Will train

PC/mac deployment, Ghosting
Win2k3 / 2k8 environment, little linux
Tech / help desk support
bloomberg, redibook, various trading systems
citrix, vpn, disaster recovery

pm email address for contact

EDIT: looking for 2-3 techs

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
THE CALIFORNIA WELLNESS FOUNDATION
Position Available:
BUSINESS SYSTEMS/DATABASE ANALYST
Woodland Hills Headquarters

THE FOUNDATION
The California Wellness Foundation (TCWF) is an independent, private foundation created in 1992 with a mission to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention. TCWF is one of the state?s largest private foundations, making an average of $50 million in grants each year in pursuit of its mission. To learn more about the Foundation, visit our website at www.tcwf.org.

JOB DESCRIPTION
The Business Systems/Database Analyst will work with the Information Systems team to provide computer systems and programs support for the Foundation?s offices in Woodland Hills and San Francisco. Primary responsibilities include:

? Ensures integrity of systems by providing system analysis and support for the Foundation?s integrated program applications.
? Evaluates and makes recommendations on standards and best practices surrounding the use of applications to solve business needs.
? Interacts and communicates with staff to effectively plan and implement projects; resolve any problems/issues that arise; and provide the appropriate training, education and resources to end users.
? Writes, designs and maintains custom database queries and reports using Crystal Reports as needed.
? Provides computer systems configuration and support, including trouble-shooting, system documentation and maintenance of equipment.
? Applies and tests patches and upgrades and provides backup support for the administration and maintenance of the network/database systems and telecommunication systems.
? Collaborates with IS team to support the Foundation?s internal helpdesk; install, configure and support the Foundation?s software and hardware; plan and implement rollout of hardware and software upgrades/conversions; maintain inventory of hardware and software; and provide setup of technical equipment for meetings/presentations.
? Completes special projects and other duties as required.

QUALIFICATIONS
? Bachelor?s degree in computer science or in business with an emphasis in computer science preferred, or equivalent experience and skill set.
? 3 - 5 years experience in business systems analysis and support within an office environment and working knowledge and experience in computer/network operations and administration.
? Demonstrated understanding of a broad knowledge of technologies/processes with solid experience in systems analysis and support.
? Critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
? Ability to use sound judgment and tact in responding timely and appropriately to issues/problems, including situations that require immediate attention.
? Excellent organizational and project management skills with high attention to detail, accuracy and protocol.
? Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow-through to effectively manage work flow.
? Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills.
? Works well independently and within a team.
? Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
? Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
? Interest in the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors and the Foundation?s mission.

Technical knowledge:
? Advanced Crystal Reports design, maintenance and support
? Advanced Microsoft Office 2002+
? Advanced Windows XP service & support
? SQL Server 2000+
? Windows Server 2000+
? Active Directory design and support
? Novell Netware
? Network LAN/WAN protocols
? Anti-Virus/Anti-SPAM/Firewall
? Exchange/GroupWise E-Mail
? Audio-Video, Videoconferencing, and VOIP technologies
? HP printer installation, configuration and support
? System imaging and deployment
? SAN/BackupExec 10+/Backup Systems
? Digital imaging

COMPENSATION
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. The Foundation's benefit package is inclusive of medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability coverage and offers flexible spending and 401(k) plans. A positive work environment that supports work-life balance is provided.

TO APPLY
E-mail, fax or mail résumé with cover letter and salary history to:

Human Resources
The California Wellness Foundation
6320 Canoga Avenue, Suite 1700
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fax: 818.702.1999
E-mail: REMOVEhr AT REMOVEtcwf.org

The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Given the diversity of California's population, the Foundation seeks to engage individuals on its staff who are representative of that diversity and is committed to incorporating the values of pluralism and inclusiveness in every aspect of our work.

CptCrunch

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2005
I'm in the Cincinnati area and am interested in moving on from my current position. Anyone hiring in the area?

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
I'm in South Charlotte (Rock Hill, SC, actually) looking for something in Television. Been in a corporate IT job for 3 years and hate it. Currently in the last leg of a teleproduction program at a local college. Looking for control room work or engineering, field camera work or editing (fcp experience, learning avid slowly but surely). Would prefer the possibility of on-camera work too. Willing to relocate if the area is good and the pay is decent.

PM me if you have something!