More GOP dirty tricks in Georgia, rejecting absentee ballots

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
Oh BTW, this isn't the first time Kemp has falsely occused political rivals of hacking Georgia's election systems.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersec...hows-dhs-did-not-hack-georgia-state-computers

Please, if you live in Georgia, do not elect this piece of shit to run your state.
Unfortunately there are too many Fox News watchers in GA for him not to win. And Fox News is everywhere! Going into local Burger Kings and McDonald's with televisions, they have Fox News on, just brainwashing people daily.

Reactions: Meghan54

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Unfortunately there are too many Fox News watchers in GA for him not to win. And Fox News is everywhere! Going into local Burger Kings and McDonald's with televisions, they have Fox News on, just brainwashing people daily.

while that may be the case in rural GA, it is not the case in Atlanta.

Reactions: maevinj and nickqt

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Outside the ring is still quite rural compared to inside the ring. Like most large cities, Atlanta is fairly Left. As that density drops, they shift to the Right.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Well, yeh, but I'm sure they *feel* oppressed.
Just remember what they told us.
1*4sFXfhC8FLvpBXdJ5yhHlg.png

Remember to vote Nov 6th 2018.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Well, yeh, but I'm sure they *feel* oppressed.
Remember, Republican feel oppressed by not being allowed to lynch racial or sexual minorities. These are the people who thought Obama was being racially divisive because he was against police murdering unarmed black men and children.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Robocall in Georgia governor's race claims to be from 'Magical Negro' Oprah Winfrey.

From the article :
“This is the magical Negro Oprah Winfrey asking you to make my fellow Negress Stacey Abrams the governor of Georgia,” the robo-call begins, before spewing nearly 60 seconds of racism coupled with a dash of anti-Semitism. Georgians began hearing the call last week, according to the Hill.

The video is made by TheRoadToPower.com, an anti-Semitic video podcasting website that the Anti-Defamation League says “has zeroed in on divisive political campaigns across the country,” including two of the three races that feature a black candidate for governor. It’s unclear how many Oprah Winfrey robo-calls have been received.

The robo-call labels Abrams “a poor man’s Aunt Jemima,” a reference to the black lady on the front of the pancake mix box, an image that has itself been derided as a racist symbol. It suggests that Winfrey is a media construction made to trick fat, white women into voting. And it mocks what Winfrey has called one of her all-time happiest moments in media.

WTF!...So this is aiming at recruiting whites? Blacks? Pancake lovers?

Another line:

“Years ago, the Jews who own the American media saw something in me—the ability to trick dumb white women into thinking I was like them, and to do, read, and think what I told them to.”

What a horrible thing for the people in that state have to deal with in an election..getting these robocalls..jesus!..I'd be pissed as hell if these calls were interupting my day

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Robocall in Georgia governor's race claims to be from 'Magical Negro' Oprah Winfrey.

From the article :
“This is the magical Negro Oprah Winfrey asking you to make my fellow Negress Stacey Abrams the governor of Georgia,” the robo-call begins, before spewing nearly 60 seconds of racism coupled with a dash of anti-Semitism. Georgians began hearing the call last week, according to the Hill.

The video is made by TheRoadToPower.com, an anti-Semitic video podcasting website that the Anti-Defamation League says “has zeroed in on divisive political campaigns across the country,” including two of the three races that feature a black candidate for governor. It’s unclear how many Oprah Winfrey robo-calls have been received.

The robo-call labels Abrams “a poor man’s Aunt Jemima,” a reference to the black lady on the front of the pancake mix box, an image that has itself been derided as a racist symbol. It suggests that Winfrey is a media construction made to trick fat, white women into voting. And it mocks what Winfrey has called one of her all-time happiest moments in media.

WTF!...So this is aiming at recruiting whites? Blacks? Pancake lovers?

Another line:

“Years ago, the Jews who own the American media saw something in me—the ability to trick dumb white women into thinking I was like them, and to do, read, and think what I told them to.”

What a horrible thing for the people in that state have to deal with in an election..getting these robocalls..jesus!..I'd be pissed as hell if these calls were interupting my day
I'm sure the left will be shortly releasing their racist robocalls against white people. I have a thread for this with ZERO entries

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
CNBC: Voters file emergency lawsuit to stop Georgia governor candidate Brian Kemp from overseeing election process.

Five voters filed an Election Day emergency lawsuit to strip Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp of his powers to preside over the race for governor in which he is the Republican candidate.
The lawsuit seeks to bar Kemp from participating in vote counting, the certification of results, as well as any runoff or recount procedures.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/vot...-candidate-kemp-from-overseeing-election.html

So this guy gets to count his own votes? No corruption there. Moral majority party actions right there.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
From our favorite fake news site:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/georgia-governors-race-stacey-abrams/index.html

Abrams isn't conceding yet. They are waiting on some votes to straggle in. Unfortunately, her opposition happens to run the part of the state government responsible for counting those votes. More shady shit to come? Based on recent tactics, I assume so.

In a fair, unbiased system Kemp would resign in disgrace at a minimum. He likely should be in jail.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
From our favorite fake news site:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/georgia-governors-race-stacey-abrams/index.html

Abrams isn't conceding yet. They are waiting on some votes to straggle in. Unfortunately, her opposition happens to run the part of the state government responsible for counting those votes. More shady shit to come? Based on recent tactics, I assume so.

It does seem that due to the closeness of the election and all the incredibly shady bullshit Kemp pulled related to it that he's probably successfully stolen an election for himself. There should be a federal investigation into him at a minimum.

Reactions: snoopy7548

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I think it's disgraceful an election official can oversee his own election.
It's like a judge overseeing his own trial.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
This should without question go to Abrams. Kemp had to violate election laws and the constitution to "win." Far more than the ~60k gap between Kemp and Abrams were disenfranchised from voting by Kemp.

Reactions: Maxima1