More GOP dirty tricks in Georgia, rejecting absentee ballots

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More Republican voter fraud. A greater then normal number of absentee ballots are being rejected in Gwinnet County GA. The rejected ballots in this one county, the second most populous in the state amounts to 40% of all rejected in the entire state.

Here is the breakdown of the rejects. You can read for yourself so my commentary will be unnecessary

According to data analyzed by the Lawyers’ Committee, whites, who make up 55.4 percent of the county’s population, have a rejection rate of 2.5 percent. Asian Americans, who make up 12.2 percent of the county’s population, have a rejection rate of 14.8 percent. Blacks and Hispanics respectively make up 28.7 percent and 21.2 percent of the county’s population, and have respective rejection rates of 8 percent and 4.3 percent.

See where this is going??

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gwinnett-county-rejected-ballots_us_5bc64bb8e4b055bc947b129f

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Does anyone else find it so pathetically ironic that to commit acts against the right to vote the Repubs are going way out of their way to enact "Voter Rights Laws" to, as they say "combat voter fraud" when the real fraud is happening right there in their own legislatures?

How long can this go on?

Jul 9, 2009
Beat you to it.

That's your problem? Explains a lot. Going to gin up the widespread voter fraud excuse again?

Looks like they are trying to advantage white people but hey its only math.
Obviously you didn't, but nice try. A few valid reasons were given in one of the articles for voiding an absentee ballot. As with all potential vote fraud cases it needs to be investigated by the proper authorities.

Biased and extremely partisan "investigations" by groups such as "The Lawyer's Committee" or "WhoWhatWhy" should be taken with a large grain of salt.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Does anyone else find it so pathetically ironic that to commit acts against the right to vote the Repubs are going way out of their way to enact "Voter Rights Laws" to, as they say "combat voter fraud" when the real fraud is happening right there in their own legislatures?

How long can this go on?
Republicans are attempting to enact apartheid in America, long term.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Obviously you didn't, but nice try. A few valid reasons were given in one of the articles for voiding an absentee ballot. As with all potential vote fraud cases it needs to be investigated by the proper authorities.

Biased and extremely partisan "investigations" by groups such as "The Lawyer's Committee" or "WhoWhatWhy" should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Yes like the Trump committee that was formed to find the widespread voter fraud he insisted happened, what ever became of that? Oh yea disbanded because they didn't find anything.

Reactions: wirelessenabled
Jul 9, 2009
Yes like the Trump committee that was formed to find the widespread voter fraud he insisted happened, what ever became of that? Oh yea disbanded because they didn't find anything.
There you have it. Thanks for your support. I'm sure this is just another similar situation.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

That just so happens to exclude only 2.5% of white people?? A big fat sloppy wet coincidence?? When was the last time Republicans enacted voter restrictions that effected primarily white people? I'll answer that, NEVER!!

You must be a fucking crackhead or a flaming racist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt guessing the rocks are 2 for 1 this week,

Reactions: wirelessenabled
Jul 9, 2009
That just so happens to exclude only 2.5% of white people?? A big fat sloppy wet coincidence?? When was the last time Republicans enacted voter restrictions that effected primarily white people? I'll answer that, NEVER!!

You must be a fucking crackhead or a flaming racist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt guessing the rocks are 2 for 1 this week,
How would they know?

Even in the biased and bullshit Huffington Post article

"Michael McDonald, a professor at the University of Florida who tracks voter turnout through the United States Elections Project, speculated the reason could be confusion over a state requirement that voters list their birth year when they sign their absentee ballot envelope."

What are the odds of me being a crackhead as opposed to the people making false and bullshit racist claims ?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How would they know?

Even in the biased and bullshit Huffington Post article

"Michael McDonald, a professor at the University of Florida who tracks voter turnout through the United States Elections Project, speculated the reason could be confusion over a state requirement that voters list their birth year when they sign their absentee ballot envelope."

What are the odds of me being a crackhead as opposed to the people making false and bullshit racist claims ?
They know because these states can easily test various models of suppression and conclude which groups are disproportionally effected. Statisticians do this for a living.

The pre-clearance part of the VRA caught this kind of shit. That's why you people went to the SC and convinced them racism was over in the South. What a load of horse shit especially since one of the candidates is in charge of the election.

How much more of a fix get they get?

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Jul 9, 2009
https://politics.myajc.com/news/sta...s-thrown-out-gwinnett/azdOsCxX2X6mT8PTrgZlJI/

"Gwinnett is throwing out far more absentee ballots than any other county in Georgia, according to records from the Secretary of State’s Office. Ballots were discarded because of allegedly mismatched signatures, incomplete forms or missing residential addresses."

Still sounds reasonable to me, unless you have evidence of something else? You do know what evidence is don't you? Wait, who am I kidding?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/evidence

Notice that faux statistical claims aren't in the definition.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
https://politics.myajc.com/news/sta...s-thrown-out-gwinnett/azdOsCxX2X6mT8PTrgZlJI/

"Gwinnett is throwing out far more absentee ballots than any other county in Georgia, according to records from the Secretary of State’s Office. Ballots were discarded because of allegedly mismatched signatures, incomplete forms or missing residential addresses."

Still sounds reasonable to me, unless you have evidence of something else? You do know what evidence is don't you? Wait, who am I kidding?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/evidence

Notice that faux statistical claims aren't in the definition.
Ever take a statistics class. When they need information on a small subset of a massive amount of something. They don't count each one. They take a statistical sample and do the math from there. It's more accurate.

GA tried this shit begore the Shelby case. The courts said no. After the Republican legislature changed the law that would allow them to do it.

Courts have ruled states cannot enact changes that disproportionally effect one group over another. Why the hell do you think Republican states made wholesale changes after Shelby. Now's the chance to tweak the vote in our favor.

Here an old hit I've recalled several times but Republicans confess the real reason behind voter ID laws.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I grew up in Gwinnett and this doesn't surprise me, especially since the county went blue in the 2016 election for the first time in a long time.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Republicans are attempting to enact apartheid in America, long term.

As far as the effect it will have in all of those Repub controlled states, absolutely. Their push for predominately white minority party rule in all branches of gov't is as blatantly obvious as Trump's enchantment with the formidable racist/supremacist faction of his base.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

As we similarly ignore the voices of climatologists and women and anybody who can count, tie their own shoes or replace a toilet role, anyone, that is, who shows even a slight capacity to comprehend the horrible bias of reality and the threat it poses to cult thinking. The reason your party uses the other as evil is because that's what your party does to people. Do you think any others than the leaders of your party could be such despicable swine and know it? That's why you're fed a constant stream of propaganda. The delusion you have can only be maintained by regular injections of fear. Imagine where all of your political beliefs would go if you knew you lived in paradise. You would have so much to give you'd welcome old enemies with open arms. Thy kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well after all, Donald Trump is defending the Saudis in that murder, so no surprise republicans embrace rigging the ballot box.
If THIS is the America Americans want, you got it !!!!!