Monkeypox Virus

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
And the hits just keep on coming. Sadly.

Monkeypox is the latest disease with the potential to morph into a pandemic because of international travel.

Victims of this virus resemble smallpox patients. And this malady is suspected to have originated in Africa.

I hope no one demands that Africa be nuked.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Sounds like you supposedly need prolonged intimate physical contact to spread it. But it seems like cases are popping up pretty quickly?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Well shit. It’s already in my state. Just getting over an hMPV infection in our household and already worried about rogue adenovirus causing a new form of hepatitis in some kids. This after Covid ran through the house in late February. Enough already!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well shit. It’s already in my state. Just getting over an hMPV infection in our household and already worried about rogue adenovirus causing a new form of hepatitis in some kids. This after Covid ran through the house in late February. Enough already!
Bill Gates was right.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
The planet is telling shithead humans to fuck off.

Reactions: gradoman

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
And the hits just keep on coming. Sadly.

Monkeypox is the latest disease with the potential to morph into a pandemic because of international travel.

Victims of this virus resemble smallpox patients. And this malady is suspected to have originated in Africa.

I hope no one demands that Africa be nuked.
Trumpanzees are already claiming that the Democrats would rig the November elections, by asking for mail-in ballots because of the monkeypox outbreak.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trumpanzees are already claiming that the Democrats would rig the November elections, by asking for mail-in ballots because of the monkeypox outbreak.

The Repubs have set themselves up in such a way that any and all threats against their efforts to rig the processes of voting in their favor is of course, "the establishment" and the MSM (sans FOX of course) trying to do some rigging of their very own, which justifies the Repub's efforts to, as they like to hilariously posit, "ensure that voter fraud and election fraud are prevented". lol

You gotta give the Repubs credit for the way they can rationalize their way around their wantonly violating the very Constitution they claim they are the resolute defenders thereof.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

I see what you did there: trumpanzees...monkeypox

Now I guess we'll see conservatives/Republicans come up with all kind of stupid crazy conspiracy shit about the monkeypox vaccine.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Trump supporting, and diminished thinking Republican senators Daines and Cotton, have asked Biden to make the U.S. to withdraw from WHO. They are falsely claiming that the WHO are supporters and allies of the Chinese Communist Party, and are trying to diminish the responsibility that China had in starting the pandemic. Furthermore, they are also asking Biden to not pass or sign any legislation of proposed amendments to the IHR. They reason why behind this, as they believe in the false hoax that was spread by Tucker Carlson, that it would give control over America's healthcare system to WHO, which the senators claim would be unconstitutional.

On a side note, the Fox News comment section is filled with comments mostly from Trumpanzees that support false hoaxes. The comments are mostly aligned with the false hoax that Biden used fear of Covid to win the election, and wants to keep WHO in charge so there is still fear in 2022. Bellow are some examples of comments made by some mentally deranged Trumpanzees.
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/29UKUIcIERRDmpAso58RzWAcd1G

Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/29UKsOIpi3leGYRGDDitbYx0zZ6

Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/29UL5HhrF2RI0j3EZynePhiV50S
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/29ULISTxz83wrMBsz2CdlyT6GRl
I would like to know how many financial interests these two actually have in China.

Personally, I am dead set against likening anyone to apes, moneys or chimpanzees.

Here's why:

JFC come on Detroit, stop acting like Assholes.
I know Oakland County is a suburb of Detroit, and think they are the 90210 of MI.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Apparently the Monkey Pox is still spreading, but at a much lot slower rate than Covid. However, it seems Fox News wants to create super spreaders of the pox by posting an article with a deceptive title that had caused conspiracy theories to form in the article sewage system (comment section).

Here is a look at what the sewage system bacteria are saying:
1658035456894.png
Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/2C3dh0VlGyjTW1mNh6JAK5NjE93
1658035402433.png
Source: https://www.openweb.com/share/2C3e2UgR9AVIySLOOArFx1Fy6fO
1658035561670.png

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Peeps here in NC (and other purple/red states I imagine) keep saying that this is a homesexual thing?! I was flabbergasted when my neighbor (not a total mouth breathing Trumper) said that heteros don't need to worrry about it. I asked my wife (who specializes in global public health and infectious disease) and while she said the risk of infection is increased for MSMs (men having sex with men) that it would be ridiculous to ignore wider community spread, which is already happening?

Are we doomed to repeat the same mistakes made with AIDS??

Edit: Point I'm making is that at-risk populations should be more aware and pay attention to preventive measures, treatments and vaccines, but others with risky behaviors or living in areas of high spread should also pay attention. I don't think it's at the same level of concern as Covid/BA5 (still bigger concern even with vaccines) and nobody needs to panic, but don't ignore it as a "homo thing" because we know what that can lead to.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Peeps here in NC (and other purple/red states I imagine) keep saying that this is a homesexual thing?! I was flabbergasted when my neighbor (not a total mouth breathing Trumper) said that heteros don't need to worrry about it. I asked my wife (who specializes in global public health and infectious disease) and while she said the risk of infection is increased for MSMs (men having sex with men) that it would be ridiculous to ignore wider community spread, which is already happening?

Are we doomed to repeat the same mistakes made with AIDS??

Edit: Point I'm making is that at-risk populations should be more aware and pay attention to preventive measures, treatments and vaccines, but others with risky behaviors or living in areas of high spread should also pay attention. I don't think it's at the same level of concern as Covid/BA5 (still bigger concern even with vaccines) and nobody needs to panic, but don't ignore it as a "homo thing" because we know what that can lead to.
But is there really that many promiscuous hookups going on right now?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I was not drawing attention to any location. Just noting that Black people, even President Obama and his First Lady, have always been likened to apes.

It's a cruel insult.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Quite surprising that not many people posted any news updates relating to monkeypox, last post on this thread which was off topic was on July 19th.

Here is the update...
WHO has declared monkey pox a "public health emergency of international concern".

NY Gov declares state disaster emergency over the monkeypox outbreak in the state.
NYC Health Department has declared today that monkeypox is a public health emergency.
There is a shortage of monkeypox vaccines available due to the supply chain crisis.
Fox News cheerleaders continue to use the same playbook used by the Reagan administration when it came to the AIDS crisis... with claims that it only affects the homosexuals. The dumb conspirators are making the false claim that monkeypox would be used to steal the upcoming election.
1659316778638.png
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2CjX5o1epO9VlWLvt0jJXabQteR
1659316964429.png
Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/2CjXYlBalDcPCIqxq6r2DF27far

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I was actually wondering.... what if monkeypox gets out of hands and Democrats and moderates do the right thing and get vaccinated, with Conservatives getting infected with the painful pox for thinking the vaccines don't work.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I was actually wondering.... what if monkeypox gets out of hands and Democrats and moderates do the right thing and get vaccinated, with Conservatives getting infected with the painful pox for thinking the vaccines don't work.
Per Dr. Fauci interview. Are you having sex with multiple male partners? If you are I would get vaccinated.

Reactions: Captante
Mar 11, 2004
Quite surprising that not many people posted any news updates relating to monkeypox, last post on this thread which was off topic was on July 19th.

Here is the update...
WHO has declared monkey pox a "public health emergency of international concern".

NY Gov declares state disaster emergency over the monkeypox outbreak in the state.
NYC Health Department has declared today that monkeypox is a public health emergency.
There is a shortage of monkeypox vaccines available due to the supply chain crisis.
Fox News cheerleaders continue to use the same playbook used by the Reagan administration when it came to the AIDS crisis... with claims that it only affects the homosexuals. The dumb conspirators are making the false claim that monkeypox would be used to steal the upcoming election.
View attachment 65197
Source - https://www.openweb.com/share/2CjX5o1epO9VlWLvt0jJXabQteR
View attachment 65198
Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/2CjXYlBalDcPCIqxq6r2DF27far

And that just shows the inherent hypocrisy of their idiocy. So it only affects promiscuous gay dudes, but its gonna be used to steal the election, meaning Republicans are apparently largely promiscuous gay dudes?

No clue what you're wondering about, considering we just saw exactly that over the past year.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I actually am pretty worried about monkeypox. I go to a local gym and have no idea where these guys all have been. I fear that conservatives with their tendency to be antisocial, have no friends, be grossly overweight and unhealthy and thus more likely to stay at home may actually dodge this disease at the end of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante