[MMO] World of Warships

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

catnapper

Jul 19, 2010
Is it ok to post promotional codes a player gets?

If anyone reading this thread wants to start (or restart) here are two "invite codes" I got from some site. They are supposed to include: 7 days of premium time, 500k silver (credits), and 1000 gold (spend wisely).

I think you use the code at some point in the account creation process, perhaps someone with experience could say? I never used one of these.

TWWRU-7R8SW-PAXUB-NSKP8 / TWWRS-ZPMPX-RE5PE-E8CGG

If I am breaking any rules you may keelhaul me. Twice.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Yes, they're invite codes, so they're only valid for brand new accounts. You enter the code during account creation. I have some codes, too.

TWWRS-HKV9M-VM4H8-XZUUT / TWWR4-5T9XB-CM6M6-UDNKE

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Looks like a new update (0.5.1) has just been released. Be prepared for a sizeable (2.5 GB) download and then install.

JoJoman88

Jul 27, 2006
If anyone on here is still playing this, just got the free tier 2 German cruiser that you had to do a little work to get and it's pretty good. Like a tier 2 St. Louis with 9km range guns and lots of them to point at the enemy. Not sure how much time is left to get it but it's worth the effort.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If anyone on here is still playing this, just got the free tier 2 German cruiser that you had to do a little work to get and it's pretty good. Like a tier 2 St. Louis with 9km range guns and lots of them to point at the enemy. Not sure how much time is left to get it but it's worth the effort.

The best part about the Emden is every win in Co-Op with it gives a 3x commander exp bonus, so it's an easy way to level up a German cruiser commander if you don't already have one built up. Mine is at Tier VII from just a day (plus a little bit) of casual play time.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I haven't played in a few months. I guess I still like the game but it takes me forever to rank up. Part of that is because I don't play all the time, but I really don't like the fact that you get shit for XP when you lose. You can have a pretty decent game with sinking ships and accomplishing other objectives, but lose the match cause your team just got faceraped and get crap for XP. Frustrating. I'm looking forward to playing it again when I get back home from Christmas vacation this weekend., though

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
It was an option for those who are interested in other options. No need for attitude if you don't like the game. It looks childlike...

For the rest, steel ocean is free, if you hurry you can get lvl5 premium battleship for free with free dlc.

And gameplay is much more intense. It's not looking for someone 10 minutes so you can have fight like in warship. It's faster game with better GAMEPLAY ;)
I feel like you are just baiting me, better gameplay and I can't respond because it is childlike. I am watching a stream RIGHT NOW and there is all of 60 players in all tiers in queue. They have been waiting for 6+ minutes for a game because there is not enough tier 2 people in the game.

Yeah, it looks like a legit competition.

[edit] lol they got in after about 8 min. The ships pivot in the middle as if their rudders are there, everything is hilariously faster as if you are watching something in Fast Forward. Call me childlike, but color me unimpressed.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It was an option for those who are interested in other options. No need for attitude if you don't like the game. It looks childlike...

For the rest, steel ocean is free, if you hurry you can get lvl5 premium battleship for free with free dlc.

And gameplay is much more intense. It's not looking for someone 10 minutes so you can have fight like in warship. It's faster game with better GAMEPLAY ;)
I never had to wait more than 5-6 minutes for a match in world of warships

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
10 minutes for battle in battle-campfest... I am not talking about matchmaking.

Then what are you talking about? I've never heard of a "battle-campfest" mode, and certainly haven't played in a battle where I had to wait 10 minutes for anything. Quite a few battles are completely finished within 10-15 minutes.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I just discovered how to aim torpedos properly... and ive been playing this for months :eek:

I have a tier 8 NC battleship and have been playing BBs exclusively since I thought destroyers were crap. I never realized the white thing in the water indicates where to shoot your torps so they actually hit the targeted ship assuming it dosent move/turn... :awe: I thought it was something to do with torp launchers on the other side of the ship, some ships have em on both sides. Ah well the more you know!

Having a blast with the isokaze/minekaze now :thumbsup:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I just discovered how to aim torpedos properly... and ive been playing this for months :eek:

Sadly, they do a piss poor job of telling players how to do stuff in game and just assume you will either learn on your own or have somebody else tell you what to do.

Just like the nice hidden feature in settings called alternate battle view or some-such. Gives you more information in zoom mode without holding down a freaking key all the time.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003

I have a tier 8 NC battleship and have been playing BBs exclusively since I thought destroyers were crap. I never realized the white thing in the water indicates where to shoot your torps so they actually hit the targeted ship assuming it dosent move/turn... :awe: I thought it was something to do with torp launchers on the other side of the ship, some ships have em on both sides. Ah well the more you know!

Having a blast with the isokaze/minekaze now :thumbsup:
Haha, yeah I can kinda relate... I played a couple hours of the game until I figured out what that shaded area was for (aiming torps). I'm pretty sure I only picked it up from watching YouTube videos of gameplay, too.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I had back to back 120k and 100k damage games in my imperator nikolai during the SB. God that ship is just so damn good.

Finished the pearls mission too, so I will have that free ship. Got a couple of friends to start playing the game so I am trolling the low tiers with them.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I had back to back 120k and 100k damage games in my imperator nikolai during the SB. God that ship is just so damn good.

Finished the pearls mission too, so I will have that free ship. Got a couple of friends to start playing the game so I am trolling the low tiers with them.
I always have a blast playing the low tiers. Man that tier 2 Japanese DD is so fucking awesome, lol. You can just fire torpedo after torpedo; the reload time is ridiculous. So fun.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
umikaze is fun but the 40 knt torps are just so slow. I like the tier 4 (isokaze) for seal clubbing.

looking forward to the new captain skills but wish they'd do something to buff mogami after she gets gutted.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Have any of you guys played with a Division? I wouldn't mind cooperating with other players since I think that's one of my major complaints about the game (so often people just go off and do their own thing, in such a blatant team game), but I also don't want to join a "clan" and be required to play with others all the time. Does WoWS's Division feature allow for that kind of pick-up style cooperation?

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
umikaze is fun but the 40 knt torps are just so slow. I like the tier 4 (isokaze) for seal clubbing.

looking forward to the new captain skills but wish they'd do something to buff mogami after she gets gutted.

I agree. I just acquired the Isokaze a week ago even though I've been playing for almost a year. I've ignored the destroyers for the most part and have paid the price. My first five games were eye openers. The boat is very fast and maneuverable and is the first destroyer that I've played that has three torpedo launchers. Even though it is very thin-skinned it packs quite the punch.

In one game I actually bagged four enemy cruisers and BBs and actually survived.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
a division is 3 people max, so it's perfect for playing with a friend or 2. It's just a temporary group but you should play with people you know. You can use whatever tier you want in a division so try to keep it close to the leader's tier.

CropDuster

Jan 2, 2014
a division is 3 people max, so it's perfect for playing with a friend or 2. It's just a temporary group but you should play with people you know. You can use whatever tier you want in a division so try to keep it close to the leader's tier.

Keep it the same as the leader. Don't be that guy that causes a T3 Kawachi, St Louis, Kolberg etc. to be brought into a T6 match. The default 2 tier spread is bad enough

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I've been giving the Russian DD's a lot of play time recently and just hit t6 with them, the grind to t7 and the Kiev is gonna be sad with only 4km torpedo range :(

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
russian DDs are basically cruisers with their 10 km detect range. You shouldn't even miss the torps on those ships with the amazing guns. The 4km torps are only there for ambushes or yolo runs.

If you want to torp play IJN boats...