[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 502 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VenomXTF

May 3, 2004
I doubt this will change anything as far as the war. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if WG bans them and returns the gold.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
haha aren't you glad you left plsgo before this shitstorm hit?

Wish to God I never joined that childish clan. To say I didn't mix with them is an understatement. I *could not* stand that TS and I had several officers muted in TS as well as at least one battle commander on my ignore list in game.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Nice discount weekend. Picked up Panther 2, then it'll be the awesome, VK 45.02A (sarcasm), and not sure if I can scrounge up enough credits for the anything else but maybe JagTiger, G.W. Tiger, SU-14-2, Lorr. 40t or A-43. Though the A-43 seems more plausible.

Also took advantage of the 20,400 1 year premium account, then got IS-6. I'm already liking the IS-6 over T-34. Shoots a tad faster but can certainly side scrape. :)

I can't feel sorry for any OTTER clan, they usually seem to be an ass if they open their mouth when I see them in game.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i was waiting on the tier 8 discount, now i can pick up my t54 lightweight even tho i wont put a crew in it while im still grinding skills on the lttb which is a fun ass tank

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Ok, the ISU-122S is completely silly.

Same gun as the SU-122-44 except, wait, even MORE DPM (and the DPM on the SU-122-44 was already ridiculous). Sure, it has less armor (actually it has better armor on the sides and same on the front but it is less sloped). It is also less maneuverable. However, weirdly, it is still decently fast. From a stop it takes a minute to get going but from medium to stop speed it accelerates at a decent clip.

I played two games in it, in my hotel, where I have frequent lag spikes that freeze me up for 2-3 seconds.

First game: 3.5k damage, 7 kills, Mastery.
Second game: 2.5k damage, 4 kills, 1st class. Would have gotten over 3k easily but I had a 6 second lag spike against a T29 and when I came back I was running into a building facing the wrong way so he killed me.

Comes with a crew that is like a girl crew so free BIA that doesn't count against skills.

It's basically an SU-152 except a lot better armor and maneuverability.

Last edited:

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Can you make a bit of money on these tank discounts if you buy them 30-50% off then sell them at regular price a couple days later?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
5x weekend + premium = all kinds of awesome. Shot gold rounds all day yesterday, got 6k+ exp on some of my better games

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
5x weekend + premium = all kinds of awesome. Shot gold rounds all day yesterday, got 6k+ exp on some of my better games

Yup, me too. Sitting at a nice 67% win rate right now on 70 games. I have been playing IS-6 (finally got better at it, 60% overall now, yesterday 34%), E-25, and T-34.

IS-6 gun sort of disappoints me at times. Have to load premium just to shoot at another IS-6 or at times and IS-3 though I shouldn't need it, AP just doesn't always penetrate the front even when the angle is in my favor. Still, I'm loving this IS-6.

Made enough to buy another tank, A-43, I'll be able to hit 3M tomorrow, still debating on what next. :/ Maybe Jagtiger, I don't think tier 9s go on sale that much compared to t8 on down.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Geez, been trying to figure out why my bros computer had studdering issues with wot. Core i3 with a GTX 750 and sometimes it was unplayable. Turns out it was speedstep throttling it down. Went from 20-40 fps to 40-70fps. Anyone else have the same problem? Is WG ever going to get dual proc support?

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Not sure, its rather annoying that it is single threaded. Even with my 4.5GHz 4690K I have one core that runs pegged, and the rest are idle.

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
lost about 95% of my games today, gave up.

I had a really strong day yesterday. Steamrolled left and right...all day.

Teams today couldn't tie their shoes at all, so I'm done till late tonight.

I was stomping the crap out of one team on my T67, and was set to win. 1v3 and I ran out of ammo. 3 more rounds of ammo, and I would have finished it.

:oops:

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Can you make a bit of money on these tank discounts if you buy them 30-50% off then sell them at regular price a couple days later?

You can at best break even. When you buy a new tank at 50% off and you're done grinding it out, wait for weekend to be done before selling it. Then you'll get 1/2 off the current full price, breaking even.

Dont worry about wot. Soon ull get armored warfare and u will not have to deal with rigged matchmaking and magical bounces, lags and so on...

I don't think WoT is perfect but I doubt AW is going to be a World of Warcraft, opps, World of Tanks killer.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Want to get a day of premium today for 5x, but sheesh it's expensive, 250 good, which is nearly $2 for one day.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Grinding the T-43 and its pretty alright.About 8.8k away from the tier 8 engine then its pretty much set.Is the top engine worth the grind or should i really start the t-44 grind pretty much immediately after the first engine?

More or less want to get into t-44 and sell the t-43 as soon as possible and make my move into the t-54.:)

Did anyone else stock up on consumables with the sale?I got 300 manual fire extinguishers,300 small repair kits,300 small med kits and 40 automatic fire extinguishers.Might last the grind to the t-44:pAutomatics are for the tournaments tonight and this week.:)

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Want to get a day of premium today for 5x, but sheesh it's expensive, 250 good, which is nearly $2 for one day.

It is *WAY* cheaper to just buy 180 or 365 days worth (if you play enough). I think it comes out to ~$40 for 6 months. Which is cheaper than some pay per month MMOs.

Saturday I had a horrible time with wins, yesterday I did great. 5x weekends tend to result in lots of tomato matches though.

wetech

Jul 16, 2002
Grinding the T-43 and its pretty alright.About 8.8k away from the tier 8 engine then its pretty much set.Is the top engine worth the grind or should i really start the t-44 grind pretty much immediately after the first engine?

More or less want to get into t-44 and sell the t-43 as soon as possible and make my move into the t-54.:)

Did anyone else stock up on consumables with the sale?I got 300 manual fire extinguishers,300 small repair kits,300 small med kits and 40 automatic fire extinguishers.Might last the grind to the t-44:pAutomatics are for the tournaments tonight and this week.:)

wouldn't bother with small FE's. The auto's pay for themselves at high tiers when you buy them 50% off. 300 is a lot; how often do you really get set on fire? I would sell 250 of them back.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Dont worry about wot. Soon ull get armored warfare and u will not have to deal with rigged matchmaking and magical bounces, lags and so on...

I have not seen any evidence that armored warfare is going to be any better. The videos I have seen thus far of AW make me think its kind of meh. It is early obviously, so plenty of time for things to improve. But I also don't like that is all modern tanks. The technology involved in modern tanks is going to take a lot of the player skill out of the equation. And if you seriously think there is no RNG in it, you are very mistaken.

There is nothing rigged about WoTs matchmaking, it does its best, but there is not always an even number of players at given skill rankings, and not always an even number of tank classes in the queue.

Now WoT certainly has its issues, it is not perfect by any means. Would love to see them fix some things, and just improve on some others.

Oh and I have never had any weird lags. I always have a 15-25ms ping. They should update their position code as tanks that are farther away get updates less often so they can appear to jerk around some.

And I have never had any weird mystery bounces. Thats all pretty basic math. DMG and round trajectory have some RNG in them. DMG is a range, and trajectory is based on gunner skill and the gun itself, those two factors each add an RNG range for accuracy to them. But the actual will it bounce or pen is just taking the angle of the projectile, angle of the surface it hits, and what the pen number is (Which is static and not a range). If you get "weird bounces", it means the round did not hit exactly where you thought it should.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
wouldn't bother with small FE's. The auto's pay for themselves at high tiers when you buy them 50% off. 300 is a lot; how often do you really get set on fire? I would sell 250 of them back.

Yeah i figure if i didn't need the small FE's then i could sell them later if needed and get my money back.The autos are for the tournaments i have been in.The kits on the other hand i wish i had gotten more of lol.If i don't use the autos i will sell them as i simply don't ever use them in pub matches.

No harm no foul,it's all money in the bank or stuff i could actually use.:p

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i only use the big FE's, as the amount of times it's prevented fires will outweight the price diff of buying smalls.

i did stock up on a lot of small repair and med kits tho.
i've learned to not bother using big med kits in any french tank hahahha cuz 10% -15% more protection from 0 armor is still 0 and my guys tend to die. would rather use the small and heal him than waste 20k to heal the same guy.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
loooove that 5x weekend; 4400 xp last night on the bulldog w/o premium :awe:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
now i can enjoy the game again, whenever these 5x weekends come around i force myself to play every tank i have if possible hahahaah
when it's just 2x, i only play the fun tanks and ones i'm grinding at that time