[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
It's the same pen with normal rounds. Less pen on premium rounds.

I don't have a T-34-3 (just the prototype), but I'd go with the T-54 Prot.

T-54 Prot advantages:

-DPM (110 more)
-Gun Handling (accuracy, aim time)
-Gun Depression (6 degrees is workable. 3 degrees is just awful. One of the biggest deciders for me)
-Gun elevation (not super at 17 degrees, but better than the 15 on the T-34-3)
-Front Hull armor (Upper and lower both 120mm, T-34-3 has 90 upper and 70 lower)
-Side Hull armor (Massive upgrade from 90mm from 50mm. Can actually sidescrape and get a way with it at more than autobounce angles)
-No massive cupola weakspots like T-34-3
-Shell price (252 vs 1025, which is a big difference. T-34-3 is spending 2.6 times as much per damage done)

T-34-3 Advantages:

-Higher alpha (nice for trading 1 for 1 shots)
-Slightly better turret armor on the front cheeks (however, it also has much bigger cupolas, so I think the Prot's turret is actually better overall)
-Better gun handling when on the move
-View range (380 vs. 360 meters)
-Maneuverability (Probably the best advantage. 4 more degrees of traverse, 6 km/h better top speed and 2 km/h better reverse speed. Turret traverse is 6 degrees better as well, which when combined with the above makes it better for certain fights).

Theres one thing you missed out though, the T54 will see tier 10 matches, the T34-3 will not.

Both those tanks suck but that's just my opinion. Only good premiums ive played were the type 59 and the IS6 and ive tried most high level premiums.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Theres one thing you missed out though, the T54 will see tier 10 matches, the T34-3 will not.

Both those tanks suck but that's just my opinion. Only good premiums ive played were the type 59 and the IS6 and ive tried most high level premiums.

Ah, didn't realize the T-34-3 had PMM. That is a huge advantage actually. I've only ever played against them but I don't have one, but that's a big point in its favor.

I'd say there are other good premiums. SU-122-44 for instance.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
So I finally moved on from auflk. panzer to RU 251, but I kinda miss the sniping/ramming, so I thought about going up the E50M medium line.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
was powergrinding the lttb and amx30 pt all weekend. enjoying both tanks.
amx30 pt > PTA due to gun depression

and the lttb is OP imo. the only time you're in trouble is against other lights that can dpm you down fast. heavies and td's have a hard time against you due to your speed.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The LTTB is the closest thing to the T-50-2 I've seen so far. Fast and nimble and has a scary good gun on a light. I don't really shoot gold on that tank but supposedly the apcr is good too.

Thinking about rebuying the 13-90 so I can go down the 30b line but I had already repurposed most of my french crew.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i haven't needed to shoot gold yet, i do carry i believe 10-12 rounds. if i run into something i can't pen even behind/side i just run away and come back later hahahaha.
like i said, it's the stupid bulldogs and french auto loaders that own me. even with BIA and rammer/vents my reload is 4.54 so i just get dpm'd quick, i tend to run away from other lights unless i have help.

i do the same exact thing as i did in the t50-2, wait until the 2-3 fronts are fighting, then make a run for arty, i've gotten a bunch of Pascucci's Medals as it seems all matches now have 0 arty or 3 per side 99% of the time.

on the amx30 pt front, i just unlocked the top engine, only have the radio to go now, then the 160k grind for the 30b i believe.
i'm like 5% from unlocking the 3rd skill now, so i have a ways to grind. i dont want to get the 30b until i am close to the 4th skill.
this gun tends to shoo the ground a LOT....

i used the crew from the polar bear from 8 bit tanks during xmas, i grinded them to 2 skills so i just converted them over.

Last edited:

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
So I finally moved on from auflk. panzer to RU 251, but I kinda miss the sniping/ramming, so I thought about going up the E50M medium line.

I am going up this now, currently have the VK30.02M, which I really like. Getting close to getting the Panther.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Well, RNG in my favor. LT-15 mission completed, didn't fall short this time, blew it out the water, 7.2k spotting on Erlenberg while on defense with the LT tank I don't like AMX 13 90.

Sent a few thank yous to 1/2 line people and all 3 artillery players.

Was tempted to shoot a few but I knew better from last time, falling 54 short of 5k. :)

My E-75 now has all girl crew. I'll get another when I'm done with TD missions, what is the next tank for it? Hmmm...

Oh, got a Ace Tanker out of it too.

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
11 straight loses.

In 10 of those, I was in the top 3 for damage of both teams.

They really need to segregate the players based upon PR.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Finally got into my IS-8 and wow,this thing has some of the worst frontal armor i have seen on a heavy.I'm almost wondering if its really more a medium with a big gun then anything else.Stock turret is pretty easy to pen just about everywhere too lol.

Tested and true but a type 64 with HE can pen the front of this IS-8,yet bounce more then once off my KV-13 with both HE and AP but gold does pen.Had me and a bud pretty much seeing what the IS-8 can do.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Finally got into my IS-8 and wow,this thing has some of the worst frontal armor i have seen on a heavy.I'm almost wondering if its really more a medium with a big gun then anything else.Stock turret is pretty easy to pen just about everywhere too lol.

Tested and true but a type 64 with HE can pen the front of this IS-8,yet bounce more then once off my KV-13 with both HE and AP but gold does pen.Had me and a bud pretty much seeing what the IS-8 can do.

I hear you play it like a medium, I have it but didn't do that, didn't do well in IS-8 either, 49% win rate.

I don't exactly believe a Type 64 with HE can pen the front of an IS-8. HE penetration on that is 38mm, IS-8 at best, unsloped is 128mm. Tank Inspector, facing the front shows no less than 170 for lower glacias.

At any rate, IS-8 isn't known for it's armor. :/

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
11 straight loses.

In 10 of those, I was in the top 3 for damage of both teams.

They really need to segregate the players based upon PR.

It's random. If there are 'bad players' on your team, there are on the other team.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, RNG in my favor. LT-15 mission completed, didn't fall short this time, blew it out the water, 7.2k spotting on Erlenberg while on defense with the LT tank I don't like AMX 13 90.

Sent a few thank yous to 1/2 line people and all 3 artillery players.

Was tempted to shoot a few but I knew better from last time, falling 54 short of 5k. :)

My E-75 now has all girl crew. I'll get another when I'm done with TD missions, what is the next tank for it? Hmmm...

Oh, got a Ace Tanker out of it too.

Congrats. I kind of gave up on lt-15 for months, but might try it more.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I hear you play it like a medium, I have it but didn't do that, didn't do well in IS-8 either, 49% win rate.

I don't exactly believe a Type 64 with HE can pen the front of an IS-8. HE penetration on that is 38mm, IS-8 at best, unsloped is 128mm. Tank Inspector, facing the front shows no less than 170 for lower glacias.

At any rate, IS-8 isn't known for it's armor. :/

Don't know how but he was able to pen with HE.Certain parts on the front can be penned while others no but there was little damage with HE.Ap was easy enough.The given stats are obvious bs for the IS-8 as tanks that used to track mee with little damage on the IS-3 suddenly seem to do much more damage.....o_O.

Its stock right now,luckily the turret upgrade can be done without tracks first and its supposed to bounce much more then stock.I'm in the 10 o'clock tier 9 tournament with this thing with my clan and have already suggested playing it either medium or honestly just letting me run my IS-3 as a real heavy.Tanks like the E75 were a constant show and they gobble this thing up for breakfast lol.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Don't know how but he was able to pen with HE.Certain parts on the front can be penned while others no but there was little damage with HE.Ap was easy enough.The given stats are obvious bs for the IS-8 as tanks that used to track mee with little damage on the IS-3 suddenly seem to do much more damage.....o_O.

Its stock right now,luckily the turret upgrade can be done without tracks first and its supposed to bounce much more then stock.I'm in the 10 o'clock tier 9 tournament with this thing with my clan and have already suggested playing it either medium or honestly just letting me run my IS-3 as a real heavy.Tanks like the E75 were a constant show and they gobble this thing up for breakfast lol.

The HE was not penetrating. It was exploding on impact causing external damage. Thats why it wasn't much damage. But the IS8 does have light armor for a heavy. I do not fear them much, but the IS7 on the other hand, I cannot even hurt them currently.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The HE was not penetrating. It was exploding on impact causing external damage. Thats why it wasn't much damage. But the IS8 does have light armor for a heavy. I do not fear them much, but the IS7 on the other hand, I cannot even hurt them currently.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6224/is7front.jpg

shoot the green areas, but 2's hard to pen frontally. If you're in a taller tank (E75 for example) and the Is7 is slightly angled those are the best places to shoot.

Also if he's penning you for more than 100 damage and you hear the hissing sound, that's HEAT rounds.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
As a bonus, if you shoot the Twos, you can ammorack the IS7. One of the few tanks that you can do it frontally easily. One of my favorite "hacker" comments was when I racked two IS7s in successive shots from my E100 by aiming for the headlights.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6224/is7front.jpg

shoot the green areas, but 2's hard to pen frontally. If you're in a taller tank (E75 for example) and the Is7 is slightly angled those are the best places to shoot.

Also if he's penning you for more than 100 damage and you hear the hissing sound, that's HEAT rounds.

Currently grinding through the Tiger II, so I do "look down" on the IS tanks, which decreases that angle some. So, aim for headlights, check! Still have the short 105, getting closer to the long 105, which adds quite a bit of pen.

wetech

Jul 16, 2002

get the gun before anything else. turret next. big difference between stock gun and top. I got the first HT15 with the IS8. Bounced 3700 and did like 4k+ dmg.