[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 501 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Currently grinding through the Tiger II, so I do "look down" on the IS tanks, which decreases that angle some. So, aim for headlights, check! Still have the short 105, getting closer to the long 105, which adds quite a bit of pen.

I only used the 88 in my Tiger II. I was for more deadly as a sniper/finisher than brawler.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
the long 105 is bar none the best gun on the tiger 2. You don't earn credits but the extra pen and alpha is very much what sets you apart and allows you to reliably pen frontally. Tiger/Tiger2s are not brawler tanks in general.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Yeah I don't brawl unless I am top tier. I try and sit back behind other heavies. I have actually used it to flank several times. Its fast enough that on some maps this works well. But I certainly want to have the long 105 before I get the E75. Trying to grind a T9 with a T7 gun would be rather painful.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Yeah I don't brawl unless I am top tier. I try and sit back behind other heavies. I have actually used it to flank several times. Its fast enough that on some maps this works well. But I certainly want to have the long 105 before I get the E75. Trying to grind a T9 with a T7 gun would be rather painful.

Yeah I got the top gun for the Tiger II.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
E75 is actually not really tolerable until you get the turret as well. Your turret is so vulnerable and tier 10s will punch right through it when they see the stock design. The top turret on the other hand is nigh impenetrable frontally, except for the com hatch.

The engine is also night and day in terms of mobility. Some people even prefer it over the top gun. I free exp'd the track, turret and gun myself though.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
E75 is actually not really tolerable until you get the turret as well. Your turret is so vulnerable and tier 10s will punch right through it when they see the stock design. The top turret on the other hand is nigh impenetrable frontally, except for the com hatch.

The engine is also night and day in terms of mobility. Some people even prefer it over the top gun. I free exp'd the track, turret and gun myself though.

I installed suspension to get the turret + gun first, then engine and finally tracks.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Trying out 4k DSR with this game,performance is pretty alright but the scaling confuses me.Hud and all pretty much is the same as 1080p but other DSR resolutions like 1440p end up being way to small to even consider using on a 23''.

Maybe i haven't figured all the ropes of DSR yet on this new monitor,but is it acting as it should?Anyone else running it or have tried it with similar results?

I'm usually using 1080p and maximum standard settings with 8x AA.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Recently jumped into my Cromwell,maxed it out and it may very well be my favorite tank for tier 6.Hard to say between my KV-85 and it but the Cromwell B premium certainly would be if i get my hands on one.:biggrin:

Decided the line after the Cromwell wasn't worth while but i had so much xp researched from all the runs on my KV-85 i jumped straight into the KV-13 medium and will work that to Object 140 most likely.Tanks like the T-54 influenced that grind especially in these skirmishes.

Not sure if the 140 is the better choice over the T-62A,each have such good pros and cons.Firing power looks the same but i believe the T-62A ends up essentially faster yet with a bit less armor if i recall and also a better radio.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
centurion is fun and I heard the 7/1 is also pretty fun. T54 isn't what it used to be but it's still a fun tank to drive around. Cromwell B is essentially p2w as it's a better cromwell but with a crew that has BIA as it's 0th skill.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Cromwell B is essentially p2w as it's a better cromwell but with a crew that has BIA as it's 0th skill.

One of my clanmates has both the B and standard and he is pretty stoked about it.I platooned mine with his B and the obvious differences can be seen.Have to admit though that the idea of a premium tank based off one of the best tier 6 tanks is enticing,especially with improvements.

I didn't ask him much about all the details,but i do wonder if this B honestly is a conjured up super special or really based off a tank that took the Cromwells place.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Recently jumped into my Cromwell,maxed it out and it may very well be my favorite tank for tier 6.Hard to say between my KV-85 and it but the Cromwell B premium certainly would be if i get my hands on one.:biggrin:

Decided the line after the Cromwell wasn't worth while but i had so much xp researched from all the runs on my KV-85 i jumped straight into the KV-13 medium and will work that to Object 140 most likely.Tanks like the T-54 influenced that grind especially in these skirmishes.

Not sure if the 140 is the better choice over the T-62A,each have such good pros and cons.Firing power looks the same but i believe the T-62A ends up essentially faster yet with a bit less armor if i recall and also a better radio.

t-62a turret is bugged right now, everything can pen it

both are pretty much interchangeable, however the 140 is used more often due to slightly more gun depression which does make a world of difference imo

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
t-62a turret is bugged right now, everything can pen it

both are pretty much interchangeable, however the 140 is used more often due to slightly more gun depression which does make a world of difference imo

Both those seem like good reasons why everyone i know has told me to go 140 and rightfully so.

After pretty much grinding Russian Heavy so much,i am taking a interest in other lines like American Light,German Heavy and now Russian Medium.Find keepers for each tier from 6-10 i favor most and keep them.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
German Heavy - E75. Best tier 9 heavy hands down.
American light: t71, bulldog are both good.

Also recommend american heavy line. Past the T1 heavy it's a pretty pleasant grind all the way through. (T29 is beastly)

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
German Heavy - E75. Best tier 9 heavy hands down.
American light: t71, bulldog are both good.

Also recommend american heavy line. Past the T1 heavy it's a pretty pleasant grind all the way through. (T29 is beastly)

Working on the VK30.01H,it was a frustrating experience till i got the better gun on it.E75 will certainly be the keeper for tier 9 and the second the IS-7 is researched the IS-8 will be gone.;)

American Light line looks amazing,all the way up to even the T57 Heavy.T57 looks so good i almost question my IS-8 grind to the IS-7 lol.

VenomXTF

May 3, 2004
I'm sure there will be consequences for those involved. It's not really such a huge amount of gold though... if you divide it up it's 5k per member in OTTER, and I have over 200k sitting in my own account (http://i.imgur.com/GMi0RWo.jpg). I think people are making a huge deal about it because very few people are immoral/stupid enough to do something like this.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
we're not pulling out of the war correct? we're making headway from the east right now, are you guys going to be landing in the west again to push with vilin?