[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 398 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Today tried again. Mixed bag. Teams still wonky. Usually the day players are somewhat better than them late night players. Anyway I was jumping around tank to tank basically trying to just get the daily 2x. Jumped into my old fav gold tank. The Lowe. People seem to laugh at it and ignore it and I kinda like that. Lets me get in and snipe the crap out of them. Make some serious credits. LOL Win or die I love my Lowe.

Addendum: Tonight I went ahead and bought a Comet. Moved the Cromwell crew over. Mounted the same best gun from Cromwell to Comet. Mounted best radio on it too. The rest of the tank is stock. Crew 100% and 93% trained in repairs. played 10 battles. Won 7 and lost 3. Not too shabby for my first session in it. Cant wait to get tracks, 2nd Turret and best gun and see how it performs.

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Only got to play in two battles today but they were on my new 39" TV set up as a pc monitor. Muhahahahahaahahaa! Can't wait to get home and blow tanks up!

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i couldn't stand grinding much longer, so i free xp'd the last 70k to move up to the foch from the ac48 haha

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wooo, how's the new german TD line? im gonna bet a shit ton will be on the servers with everyone free xp'ng it to tier X today.

im about 25k away from the centurion 7/1 - no hurry, hate this line so far
and im about 270k away from the foch155 hahaha, it's not as bouncy as when i'm facing them wtf...

started down the chinese light line and boy is this line fun, using camo net, coated optics and binocs. currently on the 59-16.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I bought that new Marder II Tier 4 TD today. Every game at least half of both teams had them. It was fun actually. Its a glass canon so be aware of that. The whole line is suppose to be I hear. I didn't get to play a lot. A little more than a hour. I'll hit it again tonight after work.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
lol these things are way op
one clipped my e100 and maus

im sure they're all running gold tho

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
lol these things are way op
one clipped my e100 and maus

im sure they're all running gold tho

not that's its a problem, but its like everybody is flinging gold around. Its how i play for free, but it sure seems like alot of people had that "ahah" moment and figured out those gold rounds pen way easier then stock rounds. Heck it used to be you could track somebody and about half of them would sit.. now repair kit on 95%.. I can live with all that, getting shot by a tank that normally couldn't pen and dying.. eh. sucks but..

but if they would quit letting the cat walk on the keyboard, or letting blind cousin Fred play, that would be nice.. Charging over the complete map on a defend mission (solo in a slow tank is a bonus to stupid), playing arty and sitting ... where you cant hit, but are safe, or when you are spotted. Playing a scout and sitting at back of map trying to snipe Armour you cant pen if you are placing shots up the ass as your arty has no targets. amkewing sure you are far enough away from every other tank on screen (when not a scout) that there is no way anybody can assist you, or you can assist anybody. Seeing 9 of 12 enemy tanks on one side of map when you are heavy on other side, not pushing and not changing sides to assist (Im about sure only 30% of players even look at map). Always being the first team to go through a chokepoint, over a hill, never letting the enemy do it first for easy kills. LEMMING!!!!!!! I cant count how many maps one guy runs up center (or some stupid wide open area) and 8 guys follow.

MAN I LOVE THIS GAME! no really I do.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
720k of free xp and $120 gets you the new tier X german TD
ive seen a shit ton of them so far haha

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The Marder 38t is a fun TD to play in. Quick loading, quick aiming, good accuracy too. Armor is weak but that is the trade off. If you can stay back and concealed this TD is a nasty monster. The MM is pretty friendly towards it as well. Carry some gold for those heavy armored T5 brutes and nothing stops the Marder 38t. However arty will one shot you and fast tanks will chew you up in a brawl if they discover you. I've seen a platoon of these TDs just decimate a team. I've got the next TD researched so I'm moving onto that one but I'm keeping the Marder 38t. Its that much fun and those that know me know how much I dislike fixed gun TDs.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea to unlock free xp you need gold, which is bought with the 120 bucks unless you are in a top clan and get gold weekly or some shit

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is called useless team, with me trying....

1hJnjv5.png

8eaEXlA.png

cLq15zz.png

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
hahaha welcome to my world. where mm puts all the blues and purples on the other team and i'm stuck with a sea of oranges and reds. this 5x event wasn't so bad for me, i actually ended up around ~55% w/r when all was said and done.

i did have the lowest win chance ever that i've seen tho, 13% (we had 2 tier X's, the other team had 9). i'm waiting for that magical single digit win chance to show up.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Its not just the x5 first battles I like but the x2 crew training is really nice too or the +50% extra credit they also offer.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i'm about 200k away from the foch155 now
from what i've read you just need a 100% bia and camo crew and it's good to go
point and click

im thinking vents/gld/net or optics thoughts?

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i'm about 200k away from the foch155 now
from what i've read you just need a 100% bia and camo crew and it's good to go
point and click

im thinking vents/gld/net or optics thoughts?

It is hard to say the vents vs gld vs optics. I personally prefer vents when you have bia due to feeding off each other's bonuses. The net is a given since you are a TD. I also like optics on a TD since you are already being stationary for the net, and having that extra 25% view range can be the difference between you being able to shoot and remain hidden vs being lit up and immediately shot by everyone who has an angle on you due to being the most dangerous high dps tank on the field.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Are you guys still on the US servers or have you moved to the EU servers?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i'm still on the US servers. we aren't doing campaign 2 since all the big dogs went there, i'm fighting for scraps hahaha.

well i figure on the foch 155 i need vents since i will have BIA and i need reload as short as possible. gld to aim faster as the aim time is pretty long

the net vs optics will depend on playstyle whether i want to sit back or play aggressive, but that's the thing, not sure which way i'm gonna go. probably net. since in clan wars and pubs i can pretty much rely on others to light up before i attack

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Still on U.S. servers. I dont see a particular reason to go EU although I do miss playing with some of the people from the beta days.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
The WoT Russian community is one of the most competitive ones I've encountered recently. Makes for a great playing experience, unlike CoD.

I am told their COMPETITIVE community is amazing, their pub experience is complete crap. Seas of 45%ers with an occasional 53%er mopping up. A 60% is a true god on their pub servers and a platoon of 60%ers is unstoppable.

Did any of you watch the WGLNA over the weekend. Pretty good tanking (with an ultra boring double-shootout to decide one match).