[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 379 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Anybody ever think they got 30 kills in a day, but did not get the 300k credits bonus? I'm very sure that I was over 30 kills yesterday but the credits aren't there. I've received the 300k credits before, so I know it works. And yes, they were all tier 4 or higher. This blows. :(

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
4502 A grind done. 4502 P researched. One more tank to add to my 'to get someday' list.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
man the obj 268 shell goes SO SLOW compared to the 704
hard to snipe with, guess it's more of a brawler

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
4502 A grind done. 4502 P researched. One more tank to add to my 'to get someday' list.

Save up the free exp to get that top gun or you are in for one hell of a headache. That being said, I loved playing it cause a ton of people in pubs had no idea where to aim due to no one on earth playing that tank.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Last night I ended with a ~71% win rate solo pubbing. I ground out the last 2% on BiA in my Lee by having 3 amazing games in it (4 kills, 7 kills, and 5 kills). I then played 2 in my KV-2 with a top gun loss and a 5 kill win (both ~3k damage games). Then I tried my hand at the 183... and the E100... then I went back to the promised land of mid tier to get my 30 kills.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Anybody ever think they got 30 kills in a day, but did not get the 300k credits bonus? I'm very sure that I was over 30 kills yesterday but the credits aren't there. I've received the 300k credits before, so I know it works. And yes, they were all tier 4 or higher. This blows. :(

I don't stop killing tanks until I get the 300k in my bank. It really doesn't take that long to get another game in if you think you're on the verge and aren't sure.

Also the mission resets when the daily doubles reset, so double check that.

Last night I ended with a ~71% win rate solo pubbing. I ground out the last 2% on BiA in my Lee by having 3 amazing games in it (4 kills, 7 kills, and 5 kills). I then played 2 in my KV-2 with a top gun loss and a 5 kill win (both ~3k damage games). Then I tried my hand at the 183... and the E100... then I went back to the promised land of mid tier to get my 30 kills.

You have a crew with skills in the lee? o_O

I've been trying to get kills in the midtier, but I keep getting mountainous maps on it lately for some reason so its difficult to get to the action. -_-

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Also interesting tidbit coming in 8.8: Players who get heroic medals on the losing team (sniper, steel wall, top gun, etc) will get a winning reward as if you're on the winning team.

That's pretty awesome... so this is wargaming's way of tossing good players a bone! Lost count of the number of top gun/steel wall/sniper losses I got. :p

boozie

Oct 12, 2006

This happened to me Sat. I counted up to 35 before I went to bed and I played from 8 AM CST to Midnight CST. It must have reset before Midnight or something.

I know I'm just a bad noob, but I really don't like having to fight tanks 1-2 tiers higher than mine. I just lost 5 in a row this morning, bottom tier every game. I wish the queue time was longer and it just pit you against your own tier only.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Really liking the dual E100 combo with my fiancee's kid. We win at a 70% clip. And even in a loss we go down fighting. The major difference between May and now is the lack of arty. Only having 1-2 per side makes driving a heavy not annoying.

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Also interesting tidbit coming in 8.8: Players who get heroic medals on the losing team (sniper, steel wall, top gun, etc) will get a winning reward as if you're on the winning team.

That's pretty awesome... so this is wargaming's way of tossing good players a bone! Lost count of the number of top gun/steel wall/sniper losses I got. :p

That sounds like a nice bone alright.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
This happened to me Sat. I counted up to 35 before I went to bed and I played from 8 AM CST to Midnight CST. It must have reset before Midnight or something.

I know I'm just a bad noob, but I really don't like having to fight tanks 1-2 tiers higher than mine. I just lost 5 in a row this morning, bottom tier every game. I wish the queue time was longer and it just pit you against your own tier only.

No I generally get mine past midnight CST, that can't be it. I'll start playing at around 11~ish and finish at around 12:30 or 1:00 on weekends. Every time I've gotten it I have definitely went past midnight. The reset is like at 4:00am(??) CST or something.

Are you sure you were doing tier 4 +s? I wasn't sure if my hetzer kills counted, if someone else wants to confirm if tier 4s counts.

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
I was only using T4/5s, but I'm pretty sure it is T4 or higher. Oh well not the end of the world.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Do the kills have to be T4+? Or just you driving a T4+ tank getting kills? My premium runs out in 12 days. And with 2.1 million credits. I am not sure how long I can run an E100. Be nice to replenish credits like that in one shot.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Do the kills have to be T4+? Or just you driving a T4+ tank getting kills? My premium runs out in 12 days. And with 2.1 million credits. I am not sure how long I can run an E100. Be nice to replenish credits like that in one shot.

eh, I think you have to kill stuff in a tier 4+ tank but I'm pretty sure the targets don't have to be tier 4 and up. I generally only play tier 8-10 (with a few tier 7s) so I never run into that issue unless I'm derping around on the KV, and even then I'm pretty sure those kills counted. got 7 kills in a KV the other day and it instantly completed my 300k thing.

edit: come to think of it, it was mostly a tier 4-5 game....

hm....

wetech

Jul 16, 2002
eh, I think you have to kill stuff in a tier 4+ tank but I'm pretty sure the targets don't have to be tier 4 and up. I generally only play tier 8-10 (with a few tier 7s) so I never run into that issue unless I'm derping around on the KV, and even then I'm pretty sure those kills counted. got 7 kills in a KV the other day and it instantly completed my 300k thing.

edit: come to think of it, it was mostly a tier 4-5 game....

hm....

kills while driving a T4+ tank. Killing T1-3 count.

Oct 25, 2006
Oh man, I just had a game where I could have gotten at least 3 kills from easy to hit tanks that were a tier below me standing still at around 300 m using my Su85b.

Cue next 5 shots somehow just going to the edge of the dispersion circle and slamming into the ground next to them.

At that 5th round, all three turned, and insta killed me.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
happens to me a lot, even in sniper tanks. Really feel like a scrub when you miss a scout at 50m 3x in a row because the shells decide to get lazy.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Only have 23k more to grind on my T-54 to get to the T62a so I'll grind that out next I guess. Eventually I'm going to have to start buying some of these researched tanks of mine. I been lazy about doing that lately.