[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 380 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I only buy what's on sale. This weekend it's suppose to be the on track to leopard 1, so I'm thinking of picking up the indien panzer...

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
make sure you keep the T54 if you want to go down the 2nd tier X Russian medium line.
i got the t62a about 2 weeks ago, and just turned off crew acceleration on the T54 so i can start earning xp again for it.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
make sure you keep the T54 if you want to go down the 2nd tier X Russian medium line.
i got the t62a about 2 weeks ago, and just turned off crew acceleration on the T54 so i can start earning xp again for it.

are they branching the obj off the T-54? What's going to lead to the T-62A then?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

How is a second medium line going to branch from a tier 9?

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
You have a crew with skills in the lee? o_O
Yep, BiA is done, working on camo/6th.

Funny tidbit, if you only shoot gold out of it, you have basically an E8 at tier 4. You can out DPM anything you see, but their alpha might be high enough to kill you before you can whittle it down. I love my Lee, I will *never* sell my Lee.

The way I behave with it, I get into a fire fight and I either win it or I explode. I do NOT back off after taking a hit as the amount of time needed to back off probably means I wwill eat ANOTHER shot anyway. Best to just lay down the pain until he or I explode.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
So the t62a can't be purchased after that?

i'm hearing diff things, so i'm not sure if BOTH can be researched from the T54
or if there is a completely separate line for the T62a.
from what i read the other night, off a gun upgrade from the T54, you can research the object.

but reading sneak preview, it appears to be an entirely separate line from the T62a.

either way i'd try to grind hard if you want the T62a right now, you should still have a few weeks to do it.

Oct 25, 2006
I just learned 15 minutes ago that the 152 on the su-152 has gold rounds that have well over 200 mm of penetration while still doing 700 damage.

Good god, hopefully that hurts those tier 9's that much more.

But every time I fire and it misses, I feel a part of me dying.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
A-43 (Tier VI), A-44 (Tier VII), Object 416 (Tier VIII), T-54 (Tier IX) and the Object 140 (Tier X).

so if you want the T62a now or can get it before the patch, grind hard.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/23/Sneak-Peek-Update-88/

Herp.... I got about 100k to go in the T-54. Although if the OBJ is better than the t-62.... that might not be terrible.

Thankfully the T-54 is damned good and always makes lots of credits and exp...

I just learned 15 minutes ago that the 152 on the su-152 has gold rounds that have well over 200 mm of penetration while still doing 700 damage.

Eh, HEAT rounds are nerfed and I wouldn't trust the 200mm of un-normalized penetration very much. HE rounds are reliably awesome on the 152, though loading a HEAT round for a close range shotgun is always filled with lulz.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006

Before the 8.6 HEAT sanity check the 152 was essentially an ISU with t7 MM. The pen is a lie though, you need a much flatter shot because heat doesn't normalize AND it will ricochet if the angle of impact is more than ten degrees from 90 (IIRC), not to mention issues with spaced armor. I don't bother with heat, though I do carry two AP in case the opportunity presents itself.

When I get a bunch of t9s I just hang back, as far back as terrain and draw distance allows, and I throw HE at whatever gives me a decent shot. It's not as fun and my damage isn't even close to as good, but it beats getting two-shot and I can still do a lot of good by tracking and getting criticals.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I wont sell my T-54. Its a good tank. Truth be told however I like the T9 Patton better. I just perform in it better I think. Its better at peaking over rises and hills. 12k more to grind for the T-62A. Hopefully get some more game time in tonight.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
i'm hearing diff things, so i'm not sure if BOTH can be researched from the T54
or if there is a completely separate line for the T62a.
from what i read the other night, off a gun upgrade from the T54, you can research the object.

but reading sneak preview, it appears to be an entirely separate line from the T62a.

either way i'd try to grind hard if you want the T62a right now, you should still have a few weeks to do it.

I got my t62a in the anniversary sale, but interested in the plan.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yep, BiA is done, working on camo/6th.

Funny tidbit, if you only shoot gold out of it, you have basically an E8 at tier 4. You can out DPM anything you see, but their alpha might be high enough to kill you before you can whittle it down. I love my Lee, I will *never* sell my Lee.

The way I behave with it, I get into a fire fight and I either win it or I explode. I do NOT back off after taking a hit as the amount of time needed to back off probably means I wwill eat ANOTHER shot anyway. Best to just lay down the pain until he or I explode.

Good to see the Lee enjoyed with all the hate it gets.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I wont sell my T-54. Its a good tank. Truth be told however I like the T9 Patton better. I just perform in it better I think. Its better at peaking over rises and hills. 12k more to grind for the T-62A. Hopefully get some more game time in tonight.

The patton gun is weird for me. With the patton gun I'm afraid to snap shot with it and aim much longer than I would in a T-54. It also bounces a lot for some reason... and the T-54 turret is hard to beat.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yea t-54 is my favorite tank period, always have fun in that little sucker

I like the patton too, but the T-54 is just more durable and the gun is not wonky. I feel like I miss 1/3 of my shots in the patton just because of lazy shells. American guns in general seems to go everywhere (T34 and T30 shells come to mind), the only thing worse is a french gun.

Mar 10, 2005
i bumped into skott today, and i wanted to look good in front of 1 one our posters here. 60 seconds in i got tracked and smoked by 3 tanks :p

i have a tiger p now, but it's just "meh". same gun, more ammo (not that capacity was a problem), slightly higher top speed, slower acceleration, can't turn for shit, and the additional front armor is only good for fending off lousy/lower tier tanks - kind of like "how many 10-year-olds can you take in a fight?". i liked the 3001h, and the 3001p isn't bad.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
i bumped into skott today, and i wanted to look good in front of 1 one our posters here. 60 seconds in i got tracked and smoked by 3 tanks :p

i have a tiger p now, but it's just "meh". same gun, more ammo (not that capacity was a problem), slightly higher top speed, slower acceleration, can't turn for shit, and the additional front armor is only good for fending off lousy/lower tier tanks - kind of like "how many 10-year-olds can you take in a fight?". i liked the 3001h, and the 3001p isn't bad.

The tigerP has reverse armor that confuses a lot of players. The hull is very strong while the turret is not so much. You have to abuse that and actually show your hull making a tasty target. The 88 L71 is brilliant since the accuracy buff. Since the turret is also forward on this tank, you can take corners nicely and even angle the front against the corner in a sort of bastardized side scrape.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah, I was trying to get over to you as quick as possible and engage you but my team mates beat me to it. I havent played in my Tiger P in a long time. It used to be pretty badass but that was when there were fewer tanks in the game. Today fighting against them I can tell you I'd rather shoot the Tiger P's turret since its generally weaker than its front armor but it also depends on which tank I'm in and what gun it has.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
The tigerP has reverse armor that confuses a lot of players. The hull is very strong while the turret is not so much. You have to abuse that and actually show your hull making a tasty target. The 88 L71 is brilliant since the accuracy buff. Since the turret is also forward on this tank, you can take corners nicely and even angle the front against the corner in a sort of bastardized side scrape.

What he said. In some ways the P is lackluster, but if you can abuse its strong points it is pretty good.

The turret constantly pisses me off, though. The commander's hatch is absolutely huge, and the top front of the turret slopes a bit (and has 0 armor) which leads to penetrations there, too. To compensate, you need to either be so close that they can't aim properly, or far enough back that they can't get a good shot on any of your several weak points.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Speaking of the T-50-2's retirement... this is a video of what it can do pre physics. It was by far the funnest tank to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIKitJm6e0

And here's why I love the T-54... sorry about the resolution, I can upload a better res one if possible.

Note: Using a modified model for the T-54, so don't be confused by all the reactive armor on it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJgPRMuoXQ

Just a note: the guy is a 54% player, by no means terrible and handled his tank well, but made some tactical mistakes.

I too made a bunch of mistakes while brawling, but this is a great example of how to abuse the terrain and other guy's gun depression. I'll note that the T54E1 by no means has terrible gun depression either, and I ate 2 rounds early on that could've easily ruined the game. On hindsight, I took some risks that I shouldn't have and I could've easily walked away with more hp if I was more careful... so that's a lesson on how NOT to brawl. But the adrenaline was pumpin from 2 kills earlier and I wasn't thinking straight, and it was my first game of the night, so I'm making some excuses. :)

If I was the other guy.... I would've bum-rushed myself, pumped 4 rounds into my hull and be done with it, win or lose. And you can add some ramming damage too. There was no way the 54E1 can win in a prolonged brawl like this if the other guy knows what he's doing.

On a side note: this is an example of a game that we would've 100% lost if I didn't kill that guy. The T95 was shooting HE rounds, as you can see at the end of the video. Would've been ripped apart easily by the guy I was fighting, nevermind another 54E1 .

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
The T95 was shooting HE rounds
all+of+my+wut+are+belong+to+you+_62748941e320a9dc90ddb51300e62eca.jpg

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
T-62A is researched now. Another tank on the 'to buy' list. Does the t-62A have any ammo rack or fire problems? Current T-54 crew has 100% Repair and 99% Fire Fighting skills. Its an old crew from way back and I think I need to reset their skills for the T-62A but not sure.