[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 342 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ventured back into the T9-10 realm last night. Had so so success. Arty wasnt that bad. Most games had 3 per side. But then I did the unthinkable. Researched the E100 and sold my E75 to fund it. Put the derp on it of course. Going to take a little getting used to this tank. Very sluggish compared to the E75. But that damage, oh that is nice!

It actually gets up to 30kph pretty easily.

I had a series of amazing games in the E100 yesterday. In damage: a 6k loss, a 5.5k win, a 6k win, and a 4k win.

This thing is just plain beastly in a pub.

My 183 on the other hand, I think dipped back below 50%. Does not mean I dislike it, no sir. I love it, just can't carry.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I still havent bought the E100. Too afraid there would be no fun in a T10 tank where everyone is out to get you and before you get a single shot off arty nails you from a mile away unseen. Rarely do I see a E100 survive on either side in a battle. Just no appeal there for me. Hell, I rarely play my E75 due to arty in this game.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
if u get the e100, buy gold rounds, it's just a juggernaut (if you can hide from arty)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
When I derp, I do it in style. Slinging premium rounds 100% of the time :D

Only reason I drive the Type 59. To fund the feeding of the derps.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well, I threw some money at them today. Bought the FCM-50t special and bought the year's premium discount. I was down to 50some days on premium and I knew I was going to buy another year's worth so I took the discount package. I know I'll get my money's worth in return.

I dont have a French gold tank so I thought I would buy the FCM-50t. I was intrigued by what people were saying about it. Not as strong as other T8 gold tanks but fast and good gun. They say it doesnt make the same kind of money as the other T8 gold tanks so I'll have to pay attention to that. I'm not really into French tanks. I find them very lacking but if anything this one will speed up crew training and make some money in the process.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Just had a game in my KV-5 where I was sitting on the enemy's cap (we were mopping up the last few tanks, was a sure win) when a Panther 2 comes rushing down a hill for me and rams me. He was at full hp.
I had ~260hp, damaged for 200...

He took 918 damage himself -_-

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I suspect this weekend will be one of those weird ones where all kinds of crazies come out of the wood work for their 5x first win credit. Luckily I'm working this weekend. LOL

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm debating between buying a T34 or not. On one hand, I'd love to have an american crew trainer and the hull down monster... loved the T29. On the other.... I don't play clan wars and thus don't need a fully decked out tier 10... nor do I need that much money.

I don't have problems making money in general, I can make money on most tier 9 games and I make tons of money playing my premiums already....

but the T34 is nice...

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I did, dealt 4k damage easy... was shooting a bunch of tier 10s and almost 1 shotted a 283. I don't really want a 261 though, if anything I'd rather have a t92.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I've been working my arty due to the next patch. I read that prices will go up, so I figured I could save money by buying my tier 7's before the become tier 9's. Also, I read in the forums that any earned XP will stay at it's tier. So my tier 6 arty would become tier 8, but 50K exp could be stuck applied to whatever becomes the tier 6. My M12 only had 10K exp to go, but my Frenchie needed a lot of work.

I've rarely focused on one vehicle so much, so it's interesting to really get in the groove:
http://imgur.com/a/Rgefp
NPyIOYZ.jpg

I think I got lucky that my opponents only saw one opposing arty and weren't concerned with cover.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Play arty before the next patch screws them.

What a terrible thing to do to arty.

People said the last patch nerfed arty hard, but I barely see the difference. I'm wondering if WG is just tweaking things, and people are just being dramatic.

I'll be bummed if my M4 and PzIV derps are nerfed, though. Those are fun!

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Zach, I think one of the devs clarified about the xp - it will stay with the vehicle as it moves tiers, not stay at the tier, whatever vehicle will be there.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wow this weekend sucks, all lemmings going 1 way again leaving the other 1-2 chokepoints completely open

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'm debating between buying a T34 or not. On one hand, I'd love to have an american crew trainer and the hull down monster... loved the T29. On the other.... I don't play clan wars and thus don't need a fully decked out tier 10... nor do I need that much money.

I don't have problems making money in general, I can make money on most tier 9 games and I make tons of money playing my premiums already....

but the T34 is nice...

I hear you. I'm agonizing over the KV-5. I love playing heavy.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

but the T34 is nice...

Sounds like its a niceity thing over necessity. So it comes down to the tank itself. Do you want a T34 or not? Simple as that really. I don't have it but I hear its fun to play. And of course it has all the perks a T8 Gold tank has.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
People said the last patch nerfed arty hard, but I barely see the difference. I'm wondering if WG is just tweaking things, and people are just being dramatic.

Major arty nerf? Oh please. the short story of the arty "nerf" was they had less HP and dispersion was increased a tiny bit. :rolleyes:

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh wow this 150mm derp is tempermental. Have never seen so many bounces and pen for no damage in my life.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I must be on the opposing side. Rocked a 68% win ratio this weekend.

damn you.

i did hit this tho

Victory! Battle: Fjords Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:29:19 AM Vehicle: T29 Experience received: 10,200 (x5 for the first victory each day) Credits received: 75,259 Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"