[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 340 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
going to try to finish up the t69 grind before then. Also will be derping people with my friend and hopefully he'll be out of the tier 5 range by the time 8.6 hits.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ha nerfing my favorite and tolerable tanks? Well well days in this game are officially coming to an end. Going to go down in a blaze of glory though! Derp will be well fed until it comes through.
Aw, your OP tier 5 derps might get hit hard? Bummer.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
do the french arty have autoloaders too? i seem to get hit by them every 10 seconds or so, is there a long reload time afterwards too?
i'm thinking about free xp'ng the tier 5 or 6 one since i grinded down the french line already but with the arty nerf incoming, i'll wait

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
do the french arty have autoloaders too? i seem to get hit by them every 10 seconds or so, is there a long reload time afterwards too?
i'm thinking about free xp'ng the tier 5 or 6 one since i grinded down the french line already but with the arty nerf incoming, i'll wait

batchat155 has a 3 or 4 round autoloader or something. I don't remember exactly how many shots. It's something like 5s inbetween shots or something close to it, then a minute long reload.

The french arties tend to fire fairly quickly in general but has a "weaker" gun. I think they reload in a little less than 20 seconds, faster than the GW Panther.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Aw, your OP tier 5 derps might get hit hard? Bummer.

Have to see what changes they have in store for them. If it is a credit cost increase whoopee do. Nerf damage or pen? Well summer is here and this game has long run its course. May as well leave on a high note.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
No, it doesn't (ban defined as chat ban).

Personal anecdote: Once, there was a jerky player in a match - I don't recall what all was said, but he destroyed my tank, on the same team, I didn't take action.

Te next match, the same guy was in the match, and turned to shoot my tank - I followed the rules, didn't shoot him, he destroyed my tank a second time.

At that point, I told the enemy team the square he was in. They didn't use the information, he wasn't shot.

But he clicked to report my telling them - and I got a three day chat ban. It happens.

Unfortunately, team damage is the exception - they let the automated system handle all team damage issues. Reporting does nothing.

They confirmed this in a discussion in mail.

Yeah im not too fussed about a chat ban. Happened before ages ago when i insulted someone who works at wargaming, what are the chances... :oops:

Never happened again though even though i (apparently) get reported quite frequently for announcing everyone's chances to win/lose in all chat right at the start of the game and tick off the XVM haters. They love it really! :biggrin:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yeah im not too fussed about a chat ban. Happened before ages ago when i insulted someone who works at wargaming, what are the chances... :oops:

Never happened again though even though i (apparently) get reported quite frequently for announcing everyone's chances to win/lose in all chat right at the start of the game and tick off the XVM haters. They love it really! :biggrin:

Oh, man, I do not like people who do that - that's one of the things that temps me to teamkill. If I wanted XVM info I'd get XVM.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I have the winning percentages turned off. It's just complete bullshit since half the time it's just plain wrong.

That and I don't need XVM to tell me we're fucked when our top 3 tanks are t8 premiums that have less than 1k games in them.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have the winning percentages turned off. It's just complete bullshit since half the time it's just plain wrong.

That and I don't need XVM to tell me we're fucked when our top 3 tanks are t8 premiums that have less than 1k games in them.

Heh I find it more alarming when the top three tanks are T8 premiums with 20K games and 45% win %.

I had a game last week where the opposing team had a platoon of player with that played over 12K games with 35 and 38 win %. XVM gave us a 92% global chance to win. The opposing team killed one of ours.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
A british 10 td just one shotted my t34... bleh. Don't think it was an ammo rack.

I have one shot multiple T34's in the 183. The best I did was I hit the commander's cupola of an E3 and one shot that too.

I also did 2k to a Maus and an E100, but both were already damaged, so while I didn't one shot them, I did finish them off.

But the 183 is a fickle gun, its accuracy is horrible so if you are at any distance with it, you just aim center mass and hope it doesn't hit the tracks or gun mantlet.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Heh I find it more alarming when the top three tanks are T8 premiums with 20K games and 45% win %.

I had a game last week where the opposing team had a platoon of player with that played over 12K games with 35 and 38 win %. XVM gave us a 92% global chance to win. The opposing team killed one of ours.

Anybody with over 10k games with under 45% win I automatically assume to be a bot.

This is because my friend's father, who's almost 65 and plays religiously every day, has over 48% win rate and over 20k games. This man barely uses the computer and only uses it to watch videos, read e-mails and to play world of tanks. His efficiency is terrible(1100~) same with his wn6 (800~).

If he can do that, anybody else that can't is really just a bot.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Anybody with over 10k games with under 45% win I automatically assume to be a bot.

This is because my friend's father, who's almost 65 and plays religiously every day, has over 48% win rate and over 20k games. This man barely uses the computer and only uses it to watch videos, read e-mails and to play world of tanks. His efficiency is terrible(1100~) same with his wn6 (800~).

If he can do that, anybody else that can't is really just a bot.

Speaking of bots. I ran into an interesting game the other night. After getting pwned by 3 cromwells I watched a platooned group of three tanks on our team. They were all side by side, aiming at the same target, and shooting in unison. Now it got a little dicey when they turned on the move. But they were imo clearly being operated by the same person. And their win% was crap.

GlacierFreeze

Golden Member
May 23, 2005
How do you report? Had a teammate the other day horsing around and purposely ramming into my tank multiple times to mess up my aim.

GlacierFreeze

Golden Member
May 23, 2005
Haven't been playing long so didn't know you could do replays. Just looked up how to enable it and will do that soon. Especially after an epic match last night which landed me a Mastery badge.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
How do you report? Had a teammate the other day horsing around and purposely ramming into my tank multiple times to mess up my aim.

That's one of the things I hate about physics. Your aiming and about to shoot and someone comes up next to you and bumps you and makes you miss. Most of the time its accidental but it is frustrating. If some team member starts ramming me or harassing me via tank on purpose I give one vocal warning that I'll shoot him. If he does it again I will shoot to kill. I don't fear banning in this game. The turds that do it deserve to be shot. Most team mates will side with you anyway once they know whats happening. I hate the idea of TK or shooting a team mate but there are those rare cases when it has to be done.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
That's pretty good for 3k games. Most people (not your average pubtard) don't go into the 50+ percentile until they get 4-5k games under them. It means you are more dependable than the average pubbie which is always nice.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Two ways.

1. right click their name - you can do it in match or in the summary 'team' screen later - and click complain.

2. open a ticket, preferably with a replay.

There are rumors opening a ticket gets it lookat more, who knows.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i cant get the PARADE code to work, it keeps timing out or says it cannot be used on this account, you guys?