[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 341 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
You guys already have premium? I had no problems with the code but I just run with a non premium account now.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
You guys already have premium? I had no problems with the code but I just run with a non premium account now.

I do have premium, and haven't had issues with codes in the past. Despite the errors, my account was credited with the day of premium and the consumables :thumbsup:

Nice specials coming up this weekend:

q18wqas.png

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Holding off on buying the WZ-132 (giving it another shot). Seems like the weekend, with the 30% discount and 50% on equipment, will save me a ton of credits.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
50% off consumables means I finally stock up on premium fire extinguishers.

The premium repair and first aid do not concern me.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm a bit concerned about the impending nerf to extinguishers in general.

But I've just run out of small repair kits so this is a great time to stock up... :D

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
goto the store and equipment section and you can buy the stuff straight up. You need to know which class to buy for your respective equipment though.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
cool, it will all be for tier 8's and above anyways
i'm 15k away from getting the t28 proto
and i spent the 44k for the 107 on the kv-4 and the grind is much faster for the ST-I now
it's nice penning shit

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
with the deals this weekend I had a few thoughts and wondered if some would share opinions with me.. Please Im not trying to get into a Pay2win war or anything, those that buy support my playtime so I have NOTHING against them (and don't think its Pay2WIN).
I use premium for the credits, but only here and there.. i have paid for maybe 3-4 months total in a couple years. I don't buy shells, or consumables, I have bought items (rammers, vents, with game credits not gold). That is how i play. I average about 54% win ratio and was higher when i was in clan and did clan battles (about 59%) so pretty average player. Oh I use no mods but XMV so i can see who is who (stat wise)

Question is, am I a fool for not using repair kits and such.. how much do you think it would improve my game? Again this is not PAY2WIN question.. but just some thoughts on the consumables.. (not shells, i have tried them and understand they are AWESOME, but just to spendy, sherman with the 110 and gold is a killing machine!) as i real the hiher tiers i notice alot of kits being used. I tend to search out better players (XMV stats) and see how i compare against them (so far in the higher tiers not so good) I love "tracking" tanks and using my speed to work around um.. the last few weeks.. tanks are tracked and popping back into action instantly.. (repair kits) or my gas tank hits fires are going out fast.. does everybody high tier just use that stuff? This is my second trip up the tech tree.. i maxed German and Russian tank tree's and now have started over with american and french.. i don't remember so much of this stuff last year.. yes people used it.. but lately every person i have tracked has repaired.. every fire i have started is out..

Smarter player base now? Just some bad luck on my part hitting people who use this stuff exstensivly? FIrst time I didn't hunt out better players, this time i am.. should i just use it more? Love the game and don't mind paying the devs.. that is not the issue..

again just wondering what people think. used alot or not? again.. not about pay2win... so if you want to discuss that, start your own topic.. this is about if its used alot or not and if it worth considering to help your team and you improve as a player.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Most people are smarter now and more lenient about consumables. I think the mentality has matured enough to realize "gee, maybe it's worth using a repair kit to stay in the action longer so I can earn more credits and do more damage".

Using consumables is anything but pay2win. It's just being smart.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i started using them around tier 5, no point sitting there tracked and getting repeatedly fired upon, or sitting there with an unaccurate gun or dead driver when you can spend the 3k and fight on

i've had premium maybe 3 mos total since the game came out of beta, however i do have 400k + xp saved up and may just spend another $99 buying gold to free xp out of some crap tanks heh

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
3k is a drop in the bucket, basically one more hit covers that in a game. I will typically burn any and all kits UNLESS I know I am dead in a few seconds regardless of what I am going to do. Then I just say f it and sit there and die.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I use extinguisher, first aid kit, and repair kit on all my tanks. I have premium so not worried about costs. I agree with others saying using them on T5 and higher is more needed but I run them on all my tanks just the same. I dont necessarily always use them in a battle but they are there when needed.

I played for a couple of hours today since I ignored playing last two or three days. Every battle had 3 or more arty per side. Most battles had four and five. Must have been a arty special going on or something there were so many. Totally screwed up the battles and my poor Indien Panzer.

I see they finally are offering sales on garage slots starting tomorrow. Hurray! I need to buy six or so. They havent been having garage sales as much as they used to. Maybe I better get more than six?

Time to buy more gold too...

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
I run non-premium consumables on every tank now that I have a bit of experience. When I was first starting out, I didn't, but now that I know they make a difference and I have the credit pool to keep them stashed, I use them. I even carry them on my tier 2 and 3 tanks, and will use them if I think I'm going to make at least the 3K back in effort by staying in the fight. I don't use 'em if I know it's hopeless.

I always run with first aid kit, repair kit, manual fire extinguisher in that order, so I never have to guess what to do once I'm hit either. I have the patterns memorized for the most part for what part/crew shows up on the submenu for the kits. The only problem is they still haven't fixed the alert for getting lit up, so it still sometimes tells you you're on fire LAST, so if you don't notice yourself can still take a ton of damage before you pop the extinguisher.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
oh man best game in my is-8 so far lol

Victory!
Battle: Pearl River Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:42:15 PM
Vehicle: IS-8
Experience received: 3,600 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 82,006
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I run non-premium consumables on every tank now that I have a bit of experience. When I was first starting out, I didn't, but now that I know they make a difference and I have the credit pool to keep them stashed, I use them. I even carry them on my tier 2 and 3 tanks, and will use them if I think I'm going to make at least the 3K back in effort by staying in the fight. I don't use 'em if I know it's hopeless.

I always run with first aid kit, repair kit, manual fire extinguisher in that order, so I never have to guess what to do once I'm hit either. I have the patterns memorized for the most part for what part/crew shows up on the submenu for the kits. The only problem is they still haven't fixed the alert for getting lit up, so it still sometimes tells you you're on fire LAST, so if you don't notice yourself can still take a ton of damage before you pop the extinguisher.

I generally agree. One difference - fires are rare enough I use a premium repair kit as the third item.

Two benefits - one, it increases repair speed by being on the tank; and second, if you are in a battle you want a second repair, you can.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ventured back into the T9-10 realm last night. Had so so success. Arty wasnt that bad. Most games had 3 per side. But then I did the unthinkable. Researched the E100 and sold my E75 to fund it. Put the derp on it of course. Going to take a little getting used to this tank. Very sluggish compared to the E75. But that damage, oh that is nice!