[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 336 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Played the new map last night. I swear they don't have a clue how to make a map. 2 major choke points and i just bogs down. Luckily I was in my 183 and I one shot an E3 to break the stalemate (he certainly wasn't expecting that).

I despise the change of the doubles to 7am EST. It means we can no longer play 2 days of doubles in a single evening, you must play everyday to get them.

I enjoyed beating the snot out of Leos when I saw them. The lack of armor really hurts their ability to brawl, and those that sat still to snipe got obliterated by arty.

I did lose more often than win last night. But I *really* don't mind the arty in tier 10's. I know where to camp and I know where I have to rock back and forth. Besides, if arty are shooting at me, it means the braindead players on my team are going to last longer.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wait it's a perm change to daily doubles to 7am est? i thought it was only for this 3x weekend event?

i played about 4 hours last night, did not get to see the new map ugh

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Played a good bit yesterday and late last night. Never got the new map once. The Indien is a pretty decent tank. I'm playing it like a sniper. It does well at it. The 90mm gun is nice. Decent pen. Not big alpha though but I can pen T10 tanks in the flanks at least. Frontally. No. Btw, the big tanks know you cant hurt them frontally and will just ram you if you dont get out of their way. The Indien is a bit slow with the stock engine. I'm hoping when I get the better engine it gets better speed. It is fun to move around the battle field with the Indien and snipe. Just have to be careful about getting too close to bigger tanks. Basically its a lay back and snipe tank so far. Testing still ongoing.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
There is a frightening new mod out there. It shows reload times of enemy tanks. No longer will you have to guess at if he is reloaded or not, you will KNOW. I have not seen it in person, have not tried it, but some friends have and they say it is downright broken. I am going to say that if it is what it seems to be, than it is basically REQUIRED for play.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wow yea that's gonna be mandatory since everyone else is using it, kinda sucks for french tanks as everyone will now KNOW when you're reloading in case they weren't counting shells

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Reverse angling + KV-5 camped on Sand River Encounter flag = 8k potential damage received and a win :p

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
There is a frightening new mod out there. It shows reload times of enemy tanks. No longer will you have to guess at if he is reloaded or not, you will KNOW. I have not seen it in person, have not tried it, but some friends have and they say it is downright broken. I am going to say that if it is what it seems to be, than it is basically REQUIRED for play.

Mod name?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010

well I have to redo my mods anyway since the patch, so I might as well keep an eye out for this. This does seem very broken, and maybe WG will actually ban it, or put out a hotfix to prevent it.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Meltymap's math mod or something like that

EDIT: Wow, I rebought the VK3601H just for the hell of it after they buffed the konich, to have a nice T6 for fun and random TC's.
I had it basically elite minus the second turret so went for a drive...
2 2k damage games back to back, this thing is OP!

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Meltymap's math mod or something like that

EDIT: Wow, I rebought the VK3601H just for the hell of it after they buffed the konich, to have a nice T6 for fun and random TC's.
I had it basically elite minus the second turret so went for a drive...
2 2k damage games back to back, this thing is OP!

yeah that mod doesn't count down, it just lists the typical reload for the tank when you highlight it. I tried the mod out, but personally there is just way too much shit going on in it. If you try to look at it, you aren't doing what you need to be doing, which is actually paying attention. It does have some nice things in it, but I wish I could just incorporate them into jimbo's instead.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
yeah that mod doesn't count down, it just lists the typical reload for the tank when you highlight it. I tried the mod out, but personally there is just way too much shit going on in it. If you try to look at it, you aren't doing what you need to be doing, which is actually paying attention. It does have some nice things in it, but I wish I could just incorporate them into jimbo's instead.

I guess it's for terribad players that don't get to know other tanks in the game. I have tried some of these mods and just don't know how people play with them, there's way too much crap on the screen. Just a UI overload.

Last edited:

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

So it shows if other thanks have a shell loaded? For every tank on the map?

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
just got the batchat finally and free xp'd the top gun, man this thing is a game breaker, i quick scout in the beginning, then kinda hang out and flank/finish whatever i can find on the mini map. wish it held more than 25 rounds of ammo, i've ran out 3 of the 5 games ive played in it so far lol

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
God I love the Maus

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:42:48 PM
Vehicle: Maus
Experience received: 2,040
Credits received: 81,646
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Spartan, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

shot_003.jpg

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The second engine on the Indien makes a difference. Get up to speed quicker and going up hills is better too. The tank is still not a brawler but it can manuever a bit faster than what the stock engine allows. People know this tank is no brawler however and come after you. If you can keep them at range you can teach them some valuable lessons in tank warfare.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I may run through the T7 light tank to the Indien Panzer. Not sure yet. Still letting people feed the derp on the M4 in the mean time. And since I havent played much at all in the past couple months due to Warthunder. It is very very hungry.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i thought they put an arty limit in one of the patches?
i still see 4-6 arty per side this morning wtf.

unless it's just higher tier arty games that limit arty ?

god i hate arty, and yes i do have an obj261. i don't mind waiting to get into a game
if it limits arty and makes the game more fun. i think i waited a good 5-6 minutes to get into an arty game last night, and got owned with himmelsdorf, got 2 kills going TD mode tho LOL

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I thought they put a limit in 8.4. But i never saw a decrease in arty at the higher tiers. Still regularily see 3-5 arty a side in T10 matches. Which is why i am pretty much boycotting anything above T8.

nephilim2k

Apr 5, 2013
I have been a T5 arty or a T6 TD and ended up in T8/9/10 games. With Gold rounds I can do damage but nowhere near enough...some T10s it bounces off which is annoying...even when they are tracked and I hit the back from a reasonably close range (sub 400m)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have been a T5 arty or a T6 TD and ended up in T8/9/10 games. With Gold rounds I can do damage but nowhere near enough...some T10s it bounces off which is annoying...even when they are tracked and I hit the back from a reasonably close range (sub 400m)

Tier 5 arty can see a maximum battle tier of 9. The HIGHEST tank you can see is a 9.
Tier 6 TD's can see a maximum battle tier of 8. The HIGHEST tank you can see is an 8.

If you are seeing higher it is because you are platooned with a tank you shouldn't be platooned with.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wow all day long 3-5 arty per side every match

i decided to bring out my t50-2 for a run, 1 arty per side :(