[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 318 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
saw some tier 9 and tier 10 TDs. Those things are fucking INSANE.

The low tiered ones too have a shitload of armor and really fast guns. You'll have a hard time penning them with same tier guns. Aim for the copula if you must, almost all of them have a tumor.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Medium weekend >_>

50% Credit Increase* Per Battle and 50% Credit Discount on the Following Vehicles

M4 Sherman
M4A3E8 Sherman
Cromwell
VK 3001 (P)
ARL 44
T-34-85
Type 58

2x Crew Experience in Every Battle
10% Gold Discount on One Year of Premium
Up to a 50% Gold and Credit Discount for Premium Shells
50% Gold Discount for Crew Barracks Slots

time to stock up on a few premium shells for the T71. :D

This weekend will be DERPTASTIC for anybody still in tier 5-7...

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
Medium weekend >_>

50% Credit Increase* Per Battle and 50% Credit Discount on the Following Vehicles

M4 Sherman
M4A3E8 Sherman
Cromwell
VK 3001 (P)
ARL 44
T-34-85
Type 58

They really just did this: 50% Credit Increase* Per Battle
With this: T-34-85
AND this: Up to a 50% Gold and Credit Discount for Premium Shells?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. Guess I'm buying premium again sooner than I thought and I'll be playing this weekend, heh. I don't have any of those other mediums, but I do have a derp-o-matic T-34-85 and I need both XP for it and to refill my credits after wiping myself out buying the IS-3.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Medium weekend >_>

M4 Sherman
M4A3E8 Sherman
Cromwell
VK 3001 (P)
ARL 44
T-34-85
Type 58

Awesome! Reduced premium costs to go with increased credit generation for my M4 derp. Good luck tankers!

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I dont see the need to buy gold shells when you can just use credits instead. Of course I usually have at least 10 million credits in my bank so maybe its just me. Last night I didnt have much luck with my T71 for some reason. Just one of those nights I guess. I did much better in my T26 though. Funny how that works. Cant do good with one tank but in another you kill/win like mad. Then the next day its different. Life is weird like that I guess.

Edit: Oh, and they didn't have tank slots on sale either. Damn you WG!

Edit 2: Got the American T69 researched.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Got the VK3601(H) with the Konisch gun Again.
It's too much fun.
Make a very slim profit on it, but damn it's fun.

Have to adjust ot the high speed of the rounds...no need to lead targets ^^

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Pz 1C is too much fun to fully upgraded.
79km/t...90km/t downhill.
Machinegun.....40 round clip, less than 8 second reload, insane rate of fire...320 potential damage per clip...too much fun!

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Pz 1C is too much fun to fully upgraded.
79km/t...90km/t downhill.
Machinegun.....40 round clip, less than 8 second reload, insane rate of fire...320 potential damage per clip...too much fun!

Ok I went and got one just because of your post, i'm glad I did. It is a hilariously fun tank! Chasing people around and just riddling them with bullets is amazing!!

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
The pz 1 c makes most other low tier tanks obsolete for T2-3 fun. My BT-2 stands no chance against one.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
It's an OP tank indeed....but damn it's fun....I guess it will be nerfed soon....but untill then, I will have my fun...you don't even neeed Premium ammo....the stock AP works fine...and the speed....omg the speed :D

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I joined the derp squad....

Killed a platoon of 3 churchill IIIs on el halluf from full health. 6 shots. 1 shotted a slightly damaged m4 and hellcat while I was at it. The fools were climbing the hill and thought they could just rush me.... nope.jpg

Top gun, mastery medal and sniper all in 1 game. with premium I would've made 100k that game with this extra credit weekend.

Yeah this thing needs a nerf pretty badly. I think I'm going to buy another 100 rounds of HEAT.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I joined the derp squad....

Killed a platoon of 3 churchill IIIs on el halluf from full health. 6 shots. 1 shotted a slightly damaged m4 and hellcat while I was at it. The fools were climbing the hill and thought they could just rush me.... nope.jpg

Top gun, mastery medal and sniper all in 1 game. with premium I would've made 100k that game with this extra credit weekend.

Yeah this thing needs a nerf pretty badly. I think I'm going to buy another 100 rounds of HEAT.

You didn't say what tank.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg יום*שני 11 מרץ 2013 00:39:29
Vehicle: T71
Experience received: 1,041
Credits received: 51,976

I fired just one random shot at some T54E1. All those credits are from spotting :p

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I was able to convince my ISP last week to increase my upload speeds for a small nominal fee. With that taken care of, I started streaming my tank playing Friday afternoon. Ya'll can catch me at www.twitch.tv/ashakar. I platoon with good old Possessed Freak quite a bit, so feel free to stop by and enjoy our antics. My normal playtimes/stats and all that crap are on my page, so please go check it out. I stream high quality at 1920x1280, so the stream looks pretty damn good at full screen.

Possessed: I had 22 people show up to watch Sunday afternoon. I think you garnered a few fans that returned from the morning. Apparently me, you, and my brother have some quite entertaining banter.

/end shameless self advertising

I went for broke again on the damn shell sale this weekend. That and I finally bought and outfitted the tier 7 french TD. So with those two things, I ended the weekend with about 50k credits left in the bank. I've got well over 1000 rounds for my favorite tanks, and quite a bit more for the vk konisch and the IS-6. So even though I'm broke, I'm good on premium rounds for at least a month, if not longer. My only problem is that now that those rounds are paid for, I find it harder to NOT use them.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Possessed: I had 22 people show up to watch Sunday afternoon. I think you garnered a few fans that returned from the morning. Apparently me, you, and my brother have some quite entertaining banter.

Like I said while going offline that morning, at least I entertain! Plus somebody has to be the punching bag.

My favorite match had to be the last one. In my M3 Lee... behold the power. Now listen up people with all premium rounds this sucker is basically an E8 and an amazing amount of firepower. I am dead.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
The AT-2 is hysterical on derp weekend because it shrugs off derp rounds like nothing else. I couldn't count the number of M4s just sitting still, lining up the derp and. . . *ping*

I think the AT-2 is going to get its armor nerfed. Artillery doesn't really bother it. You need to be at least medium and usually close range to hit any of its weak spots. And at tier 5, there's just not a lot of good pen, good accuracy guns out there to phase you. Hell, it even shrugs off the KV-1.

I've gone face to face with T6 TDs and tanks and they simply cannot pen. At close range, the AT2 gun will quickly kill anything if you have a clean shot at a weak point. It fires once ever 2.24 seconds. If you don't get around to the flanks or rear, this thing is a total beast.

Most fun game was three AT-2s and an AT-8 going tank alley in Himmelsdorf. We just rolled right down the street, pimp style, not giving a damn. With the four of us firing once every two seconds, it was like a constant barrage.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
The AT-2 is hysterical on derp weekend because it shrugs off derp rounds like nothing else. I couldn't count the number of M4s just sitting still, lining up the derp and. . . *ping*

I think the AT-2 is going to get its armor nerfed. Artillery doesn't really bother it. You need to be at least medium and usually close range to hit any of its weak spots. And at tier 5, there's just not a lot of good pen, good accuracy guns out there to phase you. Hell, it even shrugs off the KV-1.

I've gone face to face with T6 TDs and tanks and they simply cannot pen. At close range, the AT2 gun will quickly kill anything if you have a clean shot at a weak point. It fires once ever 2.24 seconds. If you don't get around to the flanks or rear, this thing is a total beast.

Most fun game was three AT-2s and an AT-8 going tank alley in Himmelsdorf. We just rolled right down the street, pimp style, not giving a damn. With the four of us firing once every two seconds, it was like a constant barrage.

This is why I have 21 x HEAT...and 21 x HE Shells on my VK2801.
105 mm HE does wonders against an AT-2 ^^

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

I faced down the AT-2 with my churchill 7 the other day and limped away victorious. Had he known to shoot my tracks instead of my front armor (he bounced quite a few rounds) I would've been dead. I was surprised at how there were ZERO spots sans the copula that could be penned, and the rate of fire is rivaled only by the T34 with the 57mm. It's pretty beastly for sure and is likely the only counter to derps in the tier 5 bracket...

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I have a new love for the E100 now. I have the 150mm gun and it changes everything. It makes this tank really deadly if someone gets careless. Using the armor properly is a nice challenge, I've taken to side scraping as much as possible and the results are amazing. It side scrapes better than the IS4 does in my opinion. Having a blast with it other than when it's an arty-party. Then I just hide and try to pick off anyone getting close to our arty.