[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 316 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
pimping out the T71. Man this little thing is hell on wheels. The reload time is JUST bearable (20~ seconds) in comparison to the 13-75 and the gun is WAAAAAY better than the 13-75, and to a degree its a bit better than 13-90s gun as well. The APCR rounds are amazingly fast and cover 300-400 meters in a second so you don't really have to lead targets much at all.

Feeling a lot of the better tanks are ending up in the american branch trees as of late. T110E4, T110E5, T71, T57 heavy.... long live russian bias lol.

I know, right? The T71 is just crazy fun. I havent had as much fun in a tank since the Type 59 first came out. I had to work this past weekend so didnt get to play a lot but when I did the T71 just made the game really fun.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Did it? I don't recall seeing much of a difference in price.

I can confirm after spending 14.5 mill credits they were definately half off. The "half" off shell price of a konisch round is 1200 (3 gold) compared to the normal 2000 (5 gold). That and the IS, IS-6, SU-122-44 shells were only 2k a piece instead of 4k. The price is directly based off the gold price, so half off gold means half off the credit price also.

The only distinction I've ever seen them make is with consumables, sometimes is half off all consumables, sometimes it only gold, sometimes only silver.

Someone needs to make a garage mod that adds up your garage net worth, the selling value of all your tanks, mods, depot equipement, etc. It would be interesting to see.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I played it on the test server. With 270ish pen on those rounds, you don't need a side/rear shot to get full damage. I one shotted an object 268 from the front, and an IS-7 from the side. Both from full health. Thats pretty dumb. Not to mention plenty of shots that penned and left tanks limping along with a few hundred hp left, both tracks broken, and at least 1-3 other broken components according to the after battle report. Even on a non-penetrating shot, it was 600+ damage and tracked and lord knows what else I messed up on those tanks.

Its something like a 23 sec reload with vents, rammer, bia. Thats not all that slow for the damage you can do. Its also got great frontal armor, and a damn turret (sure its +-45 degrees, but that better than nothing). Its also quite manueverable, nothing like the slow ass JPzE100.

No one is going to want to go around a corner with this thing there. At least tanks can take a hit from all the other TDs and survive, but one shotting medium tanks and other TDs is silly. Its just another nail in the coffin for my tier 10s, and probably most of my tier 9s.

The consistent damage even on bad shots with the HESH is really what make the tank so scary stupid. I've had amazing Spartan type rounds with tanks bouncing everything off my tank and I finish them all off. That's just not possible with HESH due to the guaranteed damage. That to me is what makes the HESH the worse to deal with than the potentially high damage.

The splash is bad, I missed and hit two tanks close to eachother for over 400 damage... Maybe I should reevaluate my opinion on this. It'll be interesting to see once it goes live in NA.

At least there's a bug with the model of the tank, just go over any brick walls with the think and it grinds to a halt. It gets stuck in the middle. So run away over hedges and wall. :p

It also has some of the most horrible gun depression around. It's also soft.

I still think the biggest problem with high tier games though is arty. 4 high tier arties are consistent lately it seems. All the games turn into is who can hide the best and which team has the best scouts revealing everyone else. It's pretty lame and I find the Tier 7 matches more fun. Hell, I find driving my Matilda more fun most of the time now.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This thing is just a really mobile arty. Like they took an M109 Paladin and put it under the british tree. They have taken the idea of arty being a sniper and made it real lol

I will continue abusing the M4 derp until they nerf this thing and implment some kind of arty nerf. I cant put my poor E50,E75, and Panther II through that kind of abuse once this thing goes live.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Note, there is some ammo that is going to be raised in price drastically in 8.4. If you prebuy the ammo before the patch hit you can sell it (at half off) for a decent profit. People have heavily invested in this on the Euro server so we will know if it works before, but there should be no reason why it won't. So, I plan to empty out my stores again and buy a crapton of ammo knowing I will profit from it in a few days.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Note, there is some ammo that is going to be raised in price drastically in 8.4. If you prebuy the ammo before the patch hit you can sell it (at half off) for a decent profit. People have heavily invested in this on the Euro server so we will know if it works before, but there should be no reason why it won't. So, I plan to empty out my stores again and buy a crapton of ammo knowing I will profit from it in a few days.

Where's the info on specific ammo? Think I might do this too, if the devs don't catch on and shut this down somehow.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
a bit skeptical they'd let this go live for eu/us servers.... that or they'll just blatantly ban people.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Someone I know bought the wrong shells, and lost a few million instantly. Sucks for him. At least he invested his leftover so he'll make some of his losses up, but he wont come out ahead like everyone else.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Someone I know bought the wrong shells, and lost a few million instantly. Sucks for him. At least he invested his leftover so he'll make some of his losses up, but he wont come out ahead like everyone else.

A couple of people on the EU server has done same mistake...

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

how do you buy the wrong shells? There's only one 83mm in the british line.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Oh man, 53% profit on buying those shells and selling them. I need to spend all my money on this!!!!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Think its a waste of time to buy any ammo now that they changed price. Might be good to buy turrets though...