[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 303 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
just created an account, so....I was really into world war 2 online and loved tanking, etc. etc. Thought i might like this here.

Is this one of those things where the game has been around so long, a noob free player can't make any impact in the arena?

Don't worry....there are bad players in all tiers...44% "winrate" 500 efficiency n00b's have lost/AFK'ed/botted them selfs to tier 10's...

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I play infinite-aimtime soviets. By the time I can aim on that, I'm dead :|

Ah...that is why I avoid the USSR line as the plauge.
I love the accurate german guns...and people saying germans tanks are underpowered...don't know how to play.

I have heard that the USSR line is friendly to new players though.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I play infinite-aimtime soviets. By the time I can aim on that, I'm dead :|

You sir have never played the American T34. Its the king of infinite aimtimes.

Also the russian guns are so heavy centered, at least if you wait for the full aim time, you have a very good chance of hitting exactly where you aimed.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Og sweet mother of god. Taking a month off from this game means my skills have either dimished greatly, or everybody else is much better. My poor E50. It is like when i first started driving it again. :(

I did get a couple decent games in it though. Even though one of them we still lost after killing 4 and doing 5790 damage :( I didnt think their T95 could move that far. I ran right across the front of him and boom went the dynamite.

Clemenza

Oct 12, 2010
Is there an AT company or channel still. I looked for the one at the beginning of the thread but didn't find it.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Og sweet mother of god. Taking a month off from this game means my skills have either dimished greatly, or everybody else is much better. My poor E50. It is like when i first started driving it again. :(

I did get a couple decent games in it though. Even though one of them we still lost after killing 4 and doing 5790 damage :( I didnt think their T95 could move that far. I ran right across the front of him and boom went the dynamite.

Wait a day or two...after vacation I had to spend a couple of days getting into the sadle again.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010

It may not be you. The E50 is in my list of "cursed" tanks.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

I believe you are correct on it being cursed. The thing gets the MM roll like the Tiger II for me. Both tanks consistently got put in matches it cant possibly hope to win. Last night was a great example. The other side got +2 tier 9s. We melted fast.

The tank is actually quite capable. But no tank can overcome half of it's team melting in under 90 seconds lol.

Before my break I could usually eek out 60ish % win rate on any given night. The last couple of nights I am barely breaking 40% lol. :(

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Before my break I could usually eek out 60ish % win rate on any given night. The last couple of nights I am barely breaking 40% lol. :(

Was right there with you. Started 0-5, ended 5-5.

On a side note, I am going to be talking to clan leadership tonight. I am going to be backing out of almost all clan duties, as such I am not going to mark myself as present for the payouts or anything. I am getting VERY bored lately sitting in meetings, attending training, waiting for clan wars, not allowed to platoon during prime time (for me) and know I only enjoy platooning. As such if they want to kick me from the clan for an active player I am fine with that. If they want to move me to another clan as a chip, I am fine with that. If they *need* me to play and I am still in clan, so be it, but it better be the difference between 14 or 15 players and it better not be often.

This is basically also a last ditch effort to keep me interested in the game, I paid for a 6 month membership and feel I should use it a bit yet, but I am... meh right now. Not burnt out, just... meh.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009

I believe you are correct on it being cursed. The thing gets the MM roll like the Tiger II for me. Both tanks consistently got put in matches it cant possibly hope to win. Last night was a great example. The other side got +2 tier 9s. We melted fast.

The tank is actually quite capable. But no tank can overcome half of it's team melting in under 90 seconds lol.

Chance...I love my E-50...almost same gun as the Tiger II...but 60km/h...and bouncy amour...GOOD flanker...funny rammer ^^

On a side note, I am going to be talking to clan leadership tonight. I am going to be backing out of almost all clan duties, as such I am not going to mark myself as present for the payouts or anything. I am getting VERY bored lately sitting in meetings, attending training, waiting for clan wars, not allowed to platoon during prime time (for me) and know I only enjoy platooning. As such if they want to kick me from the clan for an active player I am fine with that. If they want to move me to another clan as a chip, I am fine with that. If they *need* me to play and I am still in clan, so be it, but it better be the difference between 14 or 15 players and it better not be often.

This is basically also a last ditch effort to keep me interested in the game, I paid for a 6 month membership and feel I should use it a bit yet, but I am... meh right now. Not burnt out, just... meh.

Fin a clan were people play for fun...and are part of a clan, not for clan warfare.....but for competent players too platoon with :)

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
I'm getting to a point where I have enough XP to research the GwPanther, the Tiger II and the Panther II. I only have about 1.2 mill credits, though.

I currently own an SU-122-44 and a T-25 for premium tanks. I got the T-25 early on to help with the grind of making more credits, and then the SU-122-44 later to help when I was thinking about going up the Soviet TD line, but I've really stopped that progress.

Should I buy myself a Lowe to help with the credit grind (and to help continue to train my German Heavy crew in the process)? Is it worth it at 12,500 gold? Do they ever go on sale? I can't remember if it was just on sale with the Holiday's.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The E50 isnt bad but I actually prefer the Patton. Its a pretty good sniper, although I would give the nod to the E50 as better at accuracy, but its much better at peaking over rises and sniping in a hull down position. Something I do a lot. The E50 is a good ramming tank if you are into that though. In theory one shouldnt go around ramming tanks though I feel. You have a gun use it instead. LOL

As to the question of buying a gold tank like the Lowe. If you are sure you are going to play the game for a good long spell and have the spare money to buy it, then yes, I say do it. The Lowe is a great money maker and a great crew trainer. If you are just experimenting and not sure if you are going to stay with it then I'd say no. The money would most likely be a waste. I mean yes, you'll make lots of creds but if you are just a short term player why waste good dollars, euros, etc., Of course if you are filthy rich or at least very well off then doesnt matter I guess.

Also... gold tanks using gold rounds... heh heh heh so much freakin fun listening to people bitch you are cheating or hacking. LOL

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
The E50 isnt bad but I actually prefer the Patton. Its a pretty good sniper, although I would give the nod to the E50 as better at accuracy, but its much better at peaking over rises and sniping in a hull down position. Something I do a lot. The E50 is a good ramming tank if you are into that though. In theory one shouldnt go around ramming tanks though I feel. You have a gun use it instead. LOL

As to the question of buying a gold tank like the Lowe. If you are sure you are going to play the game for a good long spell and have the spare money to buy it, then yes, I say do it. The Lowe is a great money maker and a great crew trainer. If you are just experimenting and not sure if you are going to stay with it then I'd say no. The money would most likely be a waste. I mean yes, you'll make lots of creds but if you are just a short term player why waste good dollars, euros, etc., Of course if you are filthy rich or at least very well off then doesnt matter I guess.

Also... gold tanks using gold rounds... heh heh heh so much freakin fun listening to people bitch you are cheating or hacking. LOL

I usually fire on right before ramming people...tried ramming a Lorraine full speed frontal, not shooting first...he had 46 HP left...I had 400...and he was kinda on top of me...so his belly got the shot...I love ramming in my E-50...I got the ramming habbit from my VK2801....it weighs 22,5 ton...a T-50-2 weighs 14 ton...not need to shot it....just ram it...and AMX ELC's...they are fun to ram at 72km/H...B00M they die...and I get like 12 damage.

And i use premium rounds to (HEAT on the VK2801)...not gold rounds...I pay for them with credits...from my Löwe ^^

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010

I think I'm burnt out. I haven't been to a meeting in a week. It doesn't help that every time I log on most of my usual platoon mates aren't around.

I'm in a worst boat that you, I got about 10 months left of premium time. I know I'll get back into the game, but I just haven't been feeling it lately.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I think I'm burnt out. I haven't been to a meeting in a week. It doesn't help that every time I log on most of my usual platoon mates aren't around.

I'm in a worst boat that you, I got about 10 months left of premium time. I know I'll get back into the game, but I just haven't been feeling it lately.

Take a break?
Gaming is supposed to be fun ;)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Yeah I keep missing you online by a matter of minutes.

So I talked to leadership which understood. For now I am part of the clan, but I may be kicked for an active player at some point in the future. If that happens, then I will become a Friend of the clan and still be allowed on TS for platooning and whatnot. Best thing, leadership was supposed to let the field commanders know, yet I was still picked for a training session 2 hours later, I had to let the FC know (with a full room) that I was all but done with the clan. Kind of awkward. Meh.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Well, this game wasn't what I expected but it is definitely fun. I was expecting some sort of hard core military simulator, but really it's like counterstrike with tanks :)

OK, well maybe more advanced then that but it's very approachable. It seems the game flexes of opponents with your own equipment, so I don't see how you can ever be totally outmatched.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
OK, well maybe more advanced then that but it's very approachable. It seems the game flexes of opponents with your own equipment, so I don't see how you can ever be totally outmatched.
Beware being a tier 4 light tank. That is where a LOT of newer players freak out and complain.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
You sir have never played the American T34. Its the king of infinite aimtimes.

Also the russian guns are so heavy centered, at least if you wait for the full aim time, you have a very good chance of hitting exactly where you aimed.

French tanks have infinite aim times. The ARL39 has an awesome gun with fast reload, good pen, good damage but infinite zoom time. Makes the tank borderline worthless.

But yeah, russian guns are terribly accurate, just don't fire it on the run unless you're a t-62. American guns have a ton of dispersion and even the german 105 has a good amount of dispersion... russian guns are the only guns where I can hit dead center reliably.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Well, this game wasn't what I expected but it is definitely fun. I was expecting some sort of hard core military simulator, but really it's like counterstrike with tanks :)

Oh that happens when you get a team full of terribad players...and then you...I have had games were 7 on the team died...doing zero damage...hard to win when the score is 7-0...but not impossible, just had this freak game:

http://mwreplays.com/replay/QUD08ZQQK0HS/

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Oh that happens when you get a team full of terribad players...and then you...I have had games were 7 on the team died...doing zero damage...hard to win when the score is 7-0...but not impossible, just had this freak game:

http://mwreplays.com/replay/QUD08ZQQK0HS/

There is a mod that changes your after battle info to show everyones damage instead of health remaining in the team overview tab. Its amazing to see that time after time 1/3 of each team has actually done 0 damage. Its usually the top 3-5 people on each team who are responsible for 75%+ of all the damage.

They need new medals to reward people/platoons for doing large amounts of damage.

Its a shame I planned on taking a break from this game for a few weeks, but x2 crew xp is going to bring me back around for the weekend. That and superbowl weekend with have x3 crew xp. I'm close to finishing up my 3rd skill on some of my tanks and this might help me round those out and start my 4th.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
There is a mod that changes your after battle info to show everyones damage instead of health remaining in the team overview tab. Its amazing to see that time after time 1/3 of each team has actually done 0 damage. Its usually the top 3-5 people on each team who are responsible for 75%+ of all the damage.

They need new medals to reward people/platoons for doing large amounts of damage.

Its a shame I planned on taking a break from this game for a few weeks, but x2 crew xp is going to bring me back around for the weekend. That and superbowl weekend with have x3 crew xp. I'm close to finishing up my 3rd skill on some of my tanks and this might help me round those out and start my 4th.

I know...I use it too ;)

I think I use around 100MB worth of mods.

They are here if anyone has an interest:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6klnt9xzycg7l/World_of_Tanks_8.3_mods_v2.rar

And I agreed...there neeeds to be some reward for those doing the damage...and a negative influence on the XP/Credits of those that die without shoooting, hitting or spotting anything.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Heh, I have over 100 mbs worth of tank skins. Can't stand looking at the same colors on every single tank... :p

I had one of those "terribad" games yesterday. Our team did a total of 2k damage before we got steam rolled... 1.5k of that was from my patton, and that damage was on 2 scouts that were rummaging through our backyard.

I mentioned patton... yes. This is a tier 9-10 game. I just can't seem to catch a break in my patton. Have over 60% win rate in my e-50 (which people say sucks) whereas the supposedly superior patton is just being a dog.