[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 297 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The T32 is not a bad tank. It is basically a T29 with more HPs. I did okay in mine but its not a keeper IMHO. The MM is not overly friendly with it. It is worth going onto the M103 I feel however. A much better tank in all regards once fully upgraded. The biggest problem in the higher tier battles is the number of arty that are in them. Arty is the bane of the heavies in this game.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I played my T32 for around 40k xp after elited, then just sold it and now I'm enjoying the IS-3. It simply seems...better in everything.

Good luck :)

The IS-3 is great when its top tier. It can truly stomp on tier 6/7s (I'll still put a hurt on you with my VK3601(h) and konisch though). Tier 9/10s will walk all over you, and thier guns have no problem penning your frontal ammo rack zones. The gun depression is also horrible on the IS-3, so unlike the T-32 you can't effectively hull down anywhere.

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
The IS-3 is great when its top tier. It can truly stomp on tier 6/7s (I'll still put a hurt on you with my VK3601(h) and konisch though).

So I've been playing with a VK3601H the past week or so, working my way to the Tiger and Tiger II.

I'd been using the Konisch, and mixing in some gold rounds (but I'm cheap). Yesterday I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 88 and instantly felt I did much better in the next 2 rounds. Is the Konish really a gun that I should only be using gold-rounds exclusively (or against on-tier level tanks at least)? SO many people say that it makes a better sniping gun, but that hasn't bee my experience.

Further, does it get better with the bigger engines? I feel like the VK3601H is dog-slow. Perhaps I've gotten too used to the T-25 zipping around.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
So I've been playing with a VK3601H the past week or so, working my way to the Tiger and Tiger II.

I'd been using the Konisch, and mixing in some gold rounds (but I'm cheap). Yesterday I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 88 and instantly felt I did much better in the next 2 rounds. Is the Konish really a gun that I should only be using gold-rounds exclusively (or against on-tier level tanks at least)? SO many people say that it makes a better sniping gun, but that hasn't bee my experience.

Further, does it get better with the bigger engines? I feel like the VK3601H is dog-slow. Perhaps I've gotten too used to the T-25 zipping around.

I found that Konich gun or whatever to be pretty worthless, since xp is generated by damage mostly for that tank using the 88 was much better. Yeah you can punch holes in other tanks with the Kon gun, but you are just poking them with needles. That 88 when aimed right puts a hurt on tanks.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The Konisch is meant to be used with only gold rounds. The regular rounds only do 85 damage compared to the 165 of the gold. Not to mention the gold rounds have 225 pen, which is alot better than the 88, and is capable of penning any tier 8 frontally. The 225 pen also allows you to pen the turret of most tier 4-7 tanks (t29 the obvious exception). Also abuse your higher rate of fire to the fullest, you can take 3/4 shots for every one of a KV-1S, so if you see him fire, dont peek out shoot once and hide, put at least 2 or 3 shots in him before you take cover.

The gun is also accurate and the tank has a decent camo rating, so its capable of sniping safely in higher tier matches. The gun also shines with deadeye when it comes to causing fires, with a high rate of fire (pun not intentded) you can cause alot more damage by aiming at enemy tanks engines/gas tanks.

The only downside to this gun is that most games you'll lose around 20k credits (more if you dont have prem). However if you stock up on those half off sales (I got 3500 rounds on the last one), you can still crack a profit. I however dont really care, as his is one of those tanks I keep around for fun.

The tanks isn't exactly a medium, it should essentially be considered a faster heavy tank. It does benefit from the better engines, but the tank won't "zip" around the battle field. It does have excellent armor for it tier, and with proper angling its capable of bouncing alot of shots.

Last edited:

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
The Konisch is meant to be used with only gold rounds...

Thanks for the information! I'll back-shift next time I play and see how I like it. I'm still having some fun with the 88, but the reload time is hard to adjust to, and I definitely feel like I'm bouncing more with the shots (partly because the accuracy seems to be down also).

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
The T32 is not a bad tank. It is basically a T29 with more HPs. I did okay in mine but its not a keeper IMHO. The MM is not overly friendly with it. It is worth going onto the M103 I feel however. A much better tank in all regards once fully upgraded. The biggest problem in the higher tier battles is the number of arty that are in them. Arty is the bane of the heavies in this game.

Also more speed and faster reload. I didn't like it at first because it does not excel in any particular area, but the more I played it the more I like it and it is my favorite tier 8 heavy now. IMO it is the most well-balanced tier 8 heavy I've played

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I enjoyed both the T32 and the T29. I had a 58-59% win ratio in each. I will say that you are better off in the 29 than the 32 as you have the same gun at a tier earlier. That American 105 is a pretty powerful gun.

I am loving my 103 right now, I free exp'ed to the big gun and it is just beautiful.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Last night are nights that make me want to toss my computer out the window. Back to back games of 3800 damage in my T32. And they ended with 2 losses. Overall for the night was 9-11-2.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The M103 is a huge target. That huge squishy turret is a favorite for many people to shoot, including me. Its gun is great but it doesn't hull down as well (low gun depression). Sometimes it can bounce stuff, most of the time not unless the other guy's auto-aiming. The turret ring is HUGE on that tank and you can't facehug because its so easy to damage.

Overall a decent tank but I'd keep it at 200m away from other tanks on a small hill somewhere.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
To be honest when playing my M103 my biggest worry is arty. Usually there are too many in the fight to allow me to roam freely. If it wasn't for them I could deal with everything else. I love it when there is only one or two per side. Unfortunately its usually four or more per side in the high tier games. Turns everything into a camp fest where you tried to hide behind the biggest building or boulder.

Anyway, today I decided to get off the British treadmill for a while and start grinding on the M7 tank. I might want to try that new T57 American heavy and I need to grind the M7 because that is supposedly going to be the jump off point for it in the new tree. At least one you can grind now anyway. So I'm doing that. 30k-35k xp should probably be enough to ensure the research points needed after the m7 I think. The tank isnt the greatest but it does make money at the same time so not too bad. Luckily gold can still be bought via creds so that can make it less painful.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Lag bug got me last night. In a game we were losing I went after an ISU-152 with my T32. I got him down to 130 hp and I was untouched. I was hiding behind a rock while an IS was moving in to hit him from behind. My rear was just a little out so I moved forward just a tad to get into complete cover. My latency spiked right when I did that and the next thing is my T32 is now half exposed on the front and boom, ammo racked. Owned...............

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
On TS we have a running joke. Picture yourself in the enemy tank that was just nuked by your own and say in a squeaky voice "Hey guys, I found the enem....." and just trail off. Well last night it happened to me.

I am platooned and in my T25 AT on el halluf. I have a camo net and am hiding behind a bush. I suddenly get ESP (not the lightbulb in game) and I say into my microphone "Hey guys, I think I have been sp..." and I am NUKED. I could not stop laughing, both platoonmates were laughing and stating how it was just desserts.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Holy crap...Just got about 7 losses in my new Cromwell. The kind of losses where you do ~2k damage and heroically defend your base...sigh.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Got 20kxp on my M7 today. Game balance is really messed up now tonight and the teams are pretty iffy so time to call it a night. I'll hit it again tomorrow. The M7 isn't a bad tank. Just nothing to brag about. Basically average at best. Slightly more when you use gold rounds in combination with the six pounder. The tank has good speed though. Fun to slide and drift when turning.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Is there a post somewhere that's updated with player names?

I dont think so, you would have to search people's posts to get thier ingame names.

I finally got me a Pool's medal yesterday, on a PzIV nonetheless. I got the last kill in as my team finished off the cap (was encounter, and a guy was afk at his spawn). I also got sniper, defender, top gun (duh), and my mastery badge since this was only around my 5th game playing that tank since they implemented badges. The best part about it was I was talking to a clan mate in our platoon TS channel who wouldn't platoon with us, since he was trying to get a Pools, and then I go off and get one.

I think I've also come to the conclusion that playing this game by yourself is just masochistic. So many people play this game and have absolutely no idea WTF they are doing.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I got another ban...for killing an AMX that thought I wouldn't notice it was him shooting at my Maus.
I killed him.

He then whined like a madman...and got our GWTiger to shot at me...so I killed him.

Then the rest of the team went retard...and blamed me for it all...LOL

I just thought of a nice way to deal to "friendly" fire.
You hit anyone on your team...THEY have the right to kill you....if they don't hit you in 60 secs...they lose that right.

Second time I had to do TK'ing today.

The first time was a T-50-2 that didn't like our arty...he didn't in turn, didn't like 105 MM HE.

I'm not build to NOT fire back when people shot at me...even team-"mates"....shot at me...I kill you....not matter what team you are on.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I got another ban...for killing an AMX that thought I wouldn't notice it was him shooting at my Maus.
I killed him.

He then whined like a madman...and got our GWTiger to shot at me...so I killed him.

Then the rest of the team went retard...and blamed me for it all...LOL

I just thought of a nice way to deal to "friendly" fire.
You hit anyone on your team...THEY have the right to kill you....if they don't hit you in 60 secs...they lose that right.

Second time I had to do TK'ing today.

The first time was a T-50-2 that didn't like our arty...he didn't in turn, didn't like 105 MM HE.

I'm not build to NOT fire back when people shot at me...even team-"mates"....shot at me...I kill you....not matter what team you are on.

The AMX was on your team and he shot you? Yeah, I'd put one into him too but I probably would have gave a warning first if he wasnt damaging me. I hate when little tanks plunk at me. Its distracting and annoying and they deserve a good hard smack (shot) upside their head.

Edit: Well, got my M7 up to 36k research XP so that should be enough to make the jump to the T57 when it comes out next patch. Now I can go back to grinding the British lines again. If you plan to do the M7 grind get the 6 pounder gun and buy some gold rounds. Decent tank when shooting gold rounds. I ate up some creds doing it but made the grind much more enjoyable. I can always farm more creds with my Lowe/T59 tanks so not a problem for me. If you can do the same its the fastest way to do it.

Last edited:

ddjkdg

Dec 22, 2001
I dont think so, you would have to search people's posts to get thier ingame names.

I finally got me a Pool's medal yesterday, on a PzIV nonetheless. I got the last kill in as my team finished off the cap (was encounter, and a guy was afk at his spawn). I also got sniper, defender, top gun (duh), and my mastery badge since this was only around my 5th game playing that tank since they implemented badges. The best part about it was I was talking to a clan mate in our platoon TS channel who wouldn't platoon with us, since he was trying to get a Pools, and then I go off and get one.

I think I've also come to the conclusion that playing this game by yourself is just masochistic. So many people play this game and have absolutely no idea WTF they are doing.

Well shit, I'm not going to comb through 75 pages. If anyone wants to platoon sometime my account name is Azrou.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

I only solo queue or platoon with my friend (he's not very good but I can at least yell at him over the phone to do stuff). It's a hit or miss all the time but the randomness balances out. Not that it matters all that much when there's 7 arty on each side in high tier games. I get a barrel full of laughs every few games though.

Also driving a T-50-2 on el haluf is just stupid. The map is filled with tiny bumps all over the fucking place and I'm flying/powersliding all over the place even whenever I go over 30 km/h.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Got the M103, felt great.

Not going for the top turret or gun. The first 120mm is near the german 128 minus the accuracy. So it is capable enough imo to get the job done. I have a few gold rounds just in case as usual.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I thought the same, then I bounced a few rounds on an E-75's lower glacis which got me killed.

Free exp'd the gun (had enough for the turret) and man it makes a world of difference. I can pen IS7s fairly regularly with no issues... but the accuracy is very american. Meaning it'll hit stuff beyond 300m whenever it feels like it.

Highly recommend the gun though for how long you'll be playing this tank. With it being as big of an arty magnet as it is, you'll need all the help you can get.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Didn't play this past weekend. Spent the time on a new game (Far Cry 3). Anyway I played for a bit today. Mainly just grabbing the x2 daily and played extra games with my Lowe. Did some credit farming. One game I got 104k creds. My third battle with it if I remember a lot. I got 'Confederate' and I think I remember something about it gives you extra creds for getting that medal.

Last week I finally got the E50M researched. I haven't bought it yet. My latest buying splurge got my bank down to less than 10 million creds and I'm trying to get that back up before buying and outfitting a E50m. That's going to eat up a lot of credits so I need to farm up some for a bit. Luckily I enjoy playing the Lowe.