[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 298 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ddjkdg

Dec 22, 2001
E-50M is probably the best pubstomper in the game. I'd get it asap if you have the credits.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I unlocked and bought my T54 and I spent a ton of free xp on the tracks/turret/gun. All I have to say is this is a fun tank to play. I've been playing with my brother and a clan mate wolfpacking a group of them. 3 of these tanks can definately reak havok on the battlefield. Lone tanks that we swarm, just melt, and the accuracy on the move is great (I cry now when I try and shoot while moving in my batchat).

The gun is really nice knowing that the gold rounds have 350 pen, and the normal ones are around 212ish. The best part is, I can still make credits shooting around half gold, half regular rounds.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I thought the same, then I bounced a few rounds on an E-75's lower glacis which got me killed.

Free exp'd the gun (had enough for the turret) and man it makes a world of difference. I can pen IS7s fairly regularly with no issues... but the accuracy is very american. Meaning it'll hit stuff beyond 300m whenever it feels like it.

Highly recommend the gun though for how long you'll be playing this tank. With it being as big of an arty magnet as it is, you'll need all the help you can get.

I am fine with using gold when needed. I played with the E75 and the 128's pen is only 4 more. So what I couldn pen reliably with the 128, I cant reliably pen with the first 120 on the M103. My issue is having to grind out the turret + gun which would be about 80 games. I'd rather take those games and apply it towards the T110E5.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
So I've been playing with a VK3601H the past week or so, working my way to the Tiger and Tiger II.

I miss my VK3601H, that was one sweet ass tank. I have tired of the whinny people in the high tiers.. and the super slow match's.. I restarted and am having way more fun then I did in the high tiers. Though i must admit.. stuff like the Churchill (stock) can really sap you.. way to slow.. and most the stuff the MM puts with ya can pen you .. while you cant pen anything in the front. I did play the low levels for awhile on my original account but when the exp is needed for high tiers its just to hard to grind that way and you eventually go back to a big boy to grind.. new account.. nothing out of reach even with slow grind.. until i reach those upper tiers again i guess.

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
I miss my VK3601H, that was one sweet ass tank. I have tired of the whinny people in the high tiers.. and the super slow match's.. I restarted and am having way more fun then I did in the high tiers. Though i must admit.. stuff like the Churchill (stock) can really sap you.. way to slow.. and most the stuff the MM puts with ya can pen you .. while you cant pen anything in the front. I did play the low levels for awhile on my original account but when the exp is needed for high tiers its just to hard to grind that way and you eventually go back to a big boy to grind.. new account.. nothing out of reach even with slow grind.. until i reach those upper tiers again i guess.

So I sold my VK3601H to get the last bit of cash I needed to buy the Tiger. I've been playing the Tiger for a few days now, and finally got the top 88 gun. After my initial game or two, I thought I'd go right up the engine line, since this thing is such a sloth on the battlefield, but I got tired of bouncing shots.

That all added up has made me miss my VK and the Konisch gun. I'm saving up some cash to re-buy it. I've got quite an XP grind going for the engine and track upgrades on the Tiger, and a long way to go to get out of the Hummel SPG, so I figure I can drop the cash on re-buying the VK.

More and more I'm thinking about working up one of the other SPG lines. While I like the gun range, power and maneuverability (of both gun and vehicle) of the Hummel, I really envy the much quicker reload timers on other SPG lines.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
E-50M is probably the best pubstomper in the game. I'd get it asap if you have the credits.

I hear you. I'm trying to get through FarCry3 right now though. Not enough hours in the day to play all these games availble to me. LOL

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I am fine with using gold when needed. I played with the E75 and the 128's pen is only 4 more. So what I couldn pen reliably with the 128, I cant reliably pen with the first 120 on the M103. My issue is having to grind out the turret + gun which would be about 80 games. I'd rather take those games and apply it towards the T110E5.

Difference is the 128 is a high velocity shell and is much more accurate. The 120 is a medium velocity shell and from my experience, has a REALLY wonky spread. The final gun has the same weird spread but at least you won't be firing on too many weird angles.

I'm close to 5 mil credits and trying to decide what tank to buy. I have the following unlocked:

E-50M
T-54 (played it tons in beta)
Obj 268
T-28 proto

and I'm very close to the 110E5 and the first patton. I'd like to play the patton (love the pershing) but not too sure if that's a good idea given the other choices.

If I'm buying a patton I'd probably wait until some tier 9 sale to come around again. I don't do clan wars. Thoughts?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Difference is the 128 is a high velocity shell and is much more accurate. The 120 is a medium velocity shell and from my experience, has a REALLY wonky spread. The final gun has the same weird spread but at least you won't be firing on too many weird angles.

I'm close to 5 mil credits and trying to decide what tank to buy. I have the following unlocked:

E-50M
T-54 (played it tons in beta)
Obj 268
T-28 proto

and I'm very close to the 110E5 and the first patton. I'd like to play the patton (love the pershing) but not too sure if that's a good idea given the other choices.

If I'm buying a patton I'd probably wait until some tier 9 sale to come around again. I don't do clan wars. Thoughts?

The 268 is a beast. If you have fun in the 704 then you will also have fun in the 268. Its a 704 on steroids. Essentially the same reload time (like .2s faster) with 100 extra avg. damage and more pen (303 compared to 286). Great camo, and much faster than the 704, can easily reach mid 40s kph. Its front armor is also surprisingly bouncy. The only lacking features are shitty gun depression (all russian tanks), and the gun traverse is only +- 6 degrees left/right compared to the 704s 11 degrees. Hitting for over 1k damage is also very satisfying when it does happen.

The biggest downside of getting a tier 10 is the propensity for arty parties, and 3+ arty is no longer rare, but the norm.

The T-54 can also be loads of fun, but that fun is more dependant on having a platoon wolfpacking mediums. Solo pubbing this tank isn't nearly as much fun. Also if you don't have the free xp to unlock the tracks/turret/gun I wouldn't really bother. Playing this tank stock with the T-44 gun would be masocistic.

The Patton (tier 9 medium if its the tank I'm thinking of) is a good tank, I dont own it, but one of my normal platoon mates has one and he loves it. Good gun depression, and the gun can do some serious damage. He's got it decked out for spotting, and we pair it with 2 704s. He spots, and we blow it off the map.

I don't have the T-28 proto or the 50M, or play with anyone who regulary plays those tanks, so I can't comment on those.

If you are waiting on a tier 9 sale again, I think you'll be waiting a very long time, as those sales seem very rare.

signature.png

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Some good news, arty nerfs are coming. They are introducing a cap, scaling the arty to tier 10, and further nerfing it. I don't mind the first two solutions, the third seems overkill. But whatever, they called for blood they got it.

T-28 proto BLOWS.

And I think poor lurker here is done platooning with me. I am just a tad more aggressive in my playstyle and prone to make some... err over-extensions. It might be why I hate the proto, I can NOT push in that thing, thus I feel that I can only play passively, which is not something I enjoy.

Lurker and his stat padding :)

signature.png

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If they just coded it so no more than two arty per side each battle I'd be fine with that change alone and they could keep everything else as is. Victor likes playing arty though so they been loath to do it.

Edit: I like the Patton. Its a pretty good medium once fully upgraded. Its been my favorite medium tank for a little while now. Ever since i got it basically. Only the T54 comes closest to it performance and handling IMO. I also kept my T28-Proto. I like it. You cant go far with it but get into the right spot and it can dish some real pain on tanks with its final gun. I admit I like the Hellcat, M36 Jackson/Slugger, and the M110e4 better though. For their tiers they kick some ass. Hell of a lot faster than the T28-Proto too.

Last edited:

icefhishin

May 15, 2005
currently have 11 tier 10 tanks in my garage(is7, is4, object268, t110e5, t110e3, t110e4,m48 patton,batchat, amx50b,e100, e50m). i will have the t62a by the end of this weekend as well. i grind for all my tanks and have never converted for any of them, grinding is half the fun. i will on occasion use gold to convert free xp for a gun or tracks. 18 million credits saved so i buy what i want when i want. i'm not a clan member and for whatever reason really prefer the random pubs.

a tip for stashing credits:
buy in bulk. consumables at 50 percent off i normally play through the time of the special and all credits earned i will use to buy consumables. currently i have over 10 million credits of consumables sitting in my depot. equipment specials i do the same thing. i know what vehicles i'm grinding so i buy in advance whenever a special arises.

if you like the e50 you will love the 50m, for whatever reason it just bounces more incoming rounds.
as noted before the 268 is a 704 on roids. absolutely fun vehicle to own
t28 proto. it can be fun but you will often find yourself being one shotted by arty because of the open turret.
t54, this is the where it gets interesting. the t54 has the shortest grind to it's tier10 brethren. 200k xp...although for making credits i prefer to run my patton.

with a premium account i can easily play tier9's to help fund my tier10's. it also helps that i had the t34 before they made it a prem, free premium tier8 wohoo.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The proto is great if you are fighting a bunch of KV5s :D It is a slug.

The arty nerf sounds like too much. If they capped the number it would fix the issue imo. 3 tops is all they need to do to keep the balance. It is when there is 4,5 and 6 on each side the game is impossible.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Some good news, arty nerfs are coming. They are introducing a cap, scaling the arty to tier 10, and further nerfing it. I don't mind the first two solutions, the third seems overkill. But whatever, they called for blood they got it.

T-28 proto BLOWS.

And I think poor lurker here is done platooning with me. I am just a tad more aggressive in my playstyle and prone to make some... err over-extensions. It might be why I hate the proto, I can NOT push in that thing, thus I feel that I can only play passively, which is not something I enjoy.

Lurker and his stat padding :)

I can't help that tier 6 pubbies don't know how to play the game. So I dont count that as stats padding. Now destroying tier 2s with your pom-pom, thats padding (I'm just as guilty with my BT-2 sometimes, but lord, at least I have to try with that tank). I would also like you to know that I went 27-4 yesterday and more than half those games were tier 8/9 battles with my T34/704/T-54.

I'm not done platooning with you. Those games we lost weren't your fault at all. Half our team died in the first 2-3 minutes without doing a damn thing to the enemy. I usually play just as aggressive as you, but I've been platooning with some folks that are a little more passive, so I've had to tone it down some on my end. Its no fun to go balls to the wall, die and then wait 5 min for your platoon mates to mop up.

Also it helps if you let the idiots run out first anyway. Let them get the spots and take the hits while you dish out the damage from the shadows.

On another topic, some of the specials look nice. 60% credit boost to the vk3601h over christmas and 3x crew training. So I might get a 4th skill and rake in the credits.

I'm also thinking of getting the tier 7 SU-122-44 since it'll be 30% off, and I can train my 704 and 268 crews in it and make credits. Anyone here own one? Whats the reload time and about how much credits can you make in a round with a premium account? Does it get any special Match making? Tier 9s with 175 pen would be a bitch.

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
I'm also thinking of getting the tier 7 SU-122-44 since it'll be 30% off, and I can train my 704 and 268 crews in it and make credits. Anyone here own one? Whats the reload time and about how much credits can you make in a round with a premium account? Does it get any special Match making? Tier 9s with 175 pen would be a bitch.

I have one. The reload time seems about right on it. It sometimes feels just a tad too slow for me, but don't they all?

I don't get matched against tier 9s that often. And normally when that happens there are only 2 or 3 in the match.

I normally pull in 25-35k after ammo reload w/ premium on it. Not too shabby.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Think I am going to tier down until the arty change. I am done with 4-6 arty a side. It doesn't matter which tank I drive, arty smokes me.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
it was posted on serb's blog, but something about reducing # of arty in high tier games, giving them a separate queue, reducing their effectiveness and such. None of it has been confirmed though, just some general thoughts.

Still haven't bought a new tank, think i'll probably go with a patton since I love the pershing and the patton is just an upgrade.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Laely I just been spending all my WoT time just trying to get all my tanks their daily x5 wins. Too many tanks in my garage. Last night the teams just sucked so horribly bad. Usually half the team was dead in first 2-3 minutes. It was like rush fest for some reason. Didn't seem to matter what tier game I was in either. Everyone rushing to the enemy's base without thought and dying one by one. Just made no sense. Lemming fever maybe? Anyway today things were back to some normalcy. I need to stay away from them late night battles.

Happy Holidays and Happy Tanking, everyone.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Sometimes the WoT gods smile upon you...

Log on, launch with IS-6 - win and get 8.5k xp. Relaunch with Type 59 - win and get 7.8k xp.

Makes the grinding for the patton easier, hehe...

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Like, woah...

Victory!
Battle: Steppes יום*חמישי 27 דצמבר 2012 15:45:45
Vehicle: M46 Patton
Experience received: 1,965
Credits received: 76,774
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Where's the info on the incoming arty nerf?

and then there will be none... I do not like playing Arty, am not good with arty.. so have no love.. but I still cant understand the hate.. OH Don't get me wrong.. being one shotted by arty can really be annoying.. But.. knowing arty is on the map is about all you need. You just don't sit like a dip..Yes a good arty can hit ya on the move, but GOOD arty is about as rare as a GOOD pub team.. Maybe that's where I don't get it.. I don't play alot of Clan, 90% pubs.. I don't take alot of dmg from arty by my stats.. less then 4% and considering they are about 10-20% (2+ on most teams)of most pubs.. that's not really very bad. I easily agree with a limit.. 3 would be good.. 2 fine too.. saw 5 yesterday.. that's a bit much..

want to talk crap.. im roughly 52% (52% overall) win in every single tank (yes really) I play.. my churchhill is (lowers head in shame) 29%.. I cant do shit with this tank.. I have the 75mm (not vickers) im top tank most games with this thing .. but man i cant pen crap that it match's me with.. Why do i suck so bad.. and I DO SUCK with it.. what am i missing? Its slow.. its avg armour, and the 75 is .. well ya.. so-so is a good side of it.. IT tracks like they are made of paper.. i can deal with that.. But it sure seems like there is some weak spot I'm not noticing that im exposing. tiny tanks are penning me all the time. This a $$ shell tank? maybe I just really suck with it.. I can deal with that.. but sitting back when you are top tank seems sad..

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
If you play T9-10 4-6 arty has become regular in those matches. And when playing against that many T6+ arty forget trying to go out from behind a rock, mountain, cliff, or building.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
and then there will be none... I do not like playing Arty, am not good with arty.. so have no love.. but I still cant understand the hate.. OH Don't get me wrong.. being one shotted by arty can really be annoying.. But.. knowing arty is on the map is about all you need. You just don't sit like a dip..Yes a good arty can hit ya on the move, but GOOD arty is about as rare as a GOOD pub team.. Maybe that's where I don't get it.. I don't play alot of Clan, 90% pubs.. I don't take alot of dmg from arty by my stats.. less then 4% and considering they are about 10-20% (2+ on most teams)of most pubs.. that's not really very bad. I easily agree with a limit.. 3 would be good.. 2 fine too.. saw 5 yesterday.. that's a bit much..

want to talk crap.. im roughly 52% (52% overall) win in every single tank (yes really) I play.. my churchhill is (lowers head in shame) 29%.. I cant do shit with this tank.. I have the 75mm (not vickers) im top tank most games with this thing .. but man i cant pen crap that it match's me with.. Why do i suck so bad.. and I DO SUCK with it.. what am i missing? Its slow.. its avg armour, and the 75 is .. well ya.. so-so is a good side of it.. IT tracks like they are made of paper.. i can deal with that.. But it sure seems like there is some weak spot I'm not noticing that im exposing. tiny tanks are penning me all the time. This a $$ shell tank? maybe I just really suck with it.. I can deal with that.. but sitting back when you are top tank seems sad..

It's not "bad" or "good" arty. Its the sheer amount in high tier games...5-6 a side is insane. It changes the entire game from an aggressive push or thrust and/or good counter to "hide behind the rock and hope not to get spotted."

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
It's not "bad" or "good" arty. Its the sheer amount in high tier games...5-6 a side is insane. It changes the entire game from an aggressive push or thrust and/or good counter to "hide behind the rock and hope not to get spotted."

Yeah, that's the problem.

When there's 2 T-92s and 2 obj261s and 2 smaller arty (obj 212, m40/43, gwTiger, etc), when you peek your head out and start moving... a maus will go down in 3 seconds. I've said this before and I'll say it again: If the T-92 wants to hit you, he will. The 261 is also like the arty version of a sniper rifle: requires more skill, but he can hit you if he wants to.

If you've been in a game where there's 4-5 high tier arties on the other team, you KNOW that "only good arties will hit you on the move" is complete bullshit. Unless you're driving a T-50-2, the arty will fucking hit you unless you're behind a mountain.