[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 292 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Played the test server. British tanks are sickly good imo. Fast reload, fast aiming, good mobility. The T10 heavy reloads so fast.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Played the test server. British tanks are sickly good imo. Fast reload, fast aiming, good mobility. The T10 heavy reloads so fast.

That was to be expected...lure poeple in, sell some premium tanks....then comes the nerf-bat....as always ;)

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
My brother finally got the VK2801, this is our first run, he still has the stock turret and 75mm and until that is upgraded (and his crew need some work to) we cannot have a wolfpack(and the other of my brothers is away on scool)...but it was nice to ty out a double scouts...now we are almost there ^^

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/388686

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
LMAO, during the 3x week I averaged barely a 50% win rate with some days in the upper 30%s! The day it ends, 90% (and the other game was a draw).

God damn idiots and their 3x's.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
LMAO, during the 3x week I averaged barely a 50% win rate with some days in the upper 30%s! The day it ends, 90% (and the other game was a draw).

God damn idiots and their 3x's.

Yup...I have stopped doing daylies unless in a platoon.
Only way to negate lemmings and camping-n00bs.

The mindboggling pat is how bad many players are at this game.

Hell even old time players think I am "hallucinating" stuff when I tak about tracer colors on the forums.

Posted screnshots...the idiots "rebuttal":

"That is you own tank tracers n00b"

I wonder what they will say to my 10 screenshots of enemy tracers in diffrent colors.

And don't even get me started on spotting, trajectories or damage calculations.

And damn I am tied of polish players with <500 EFF and their "siemka"....follow by either lemmingtrain or camping-pile...or both.
The should move those players to the RU server...and let the devs deal with the fallout.

Might getter a better MM....with people of somewhat similar skills...and not just dump red cannon-fodder into +1200 EFF players...one can dream....

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
All shell types have different tracer colors. AP shells typically have a whitish tracer and HE rounds had a yellowish tracer last I remembered. I thought gold shells have blue tints or something? I remember people bitching about how hard it was to tell between AP rounds and gold rounds because of the color scheme, dunno if they ever changed it.

Also the thickness of the tracer is indicative of the round size... small rounds have tiny little tracers, a BL10 round has a huge tracer, same with most russian guns.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
All shell types have different tracer colors. AP shells typically have a whitish tracer and HE rounds had a yellowish tracer last I remembered. I thought gold shells have blue tints or something? I remember people bitching about how hard it was to tell between AP rounds and gold rounds because of the color scheme, dunno if they ever changed it.

Also the thickness of the tracer is indicative of the round size... small rounds have tiny little tracers, a BL10 round has a huge tracer, same with most russian guns.

This is what I have found out so far:

Smaller than 120mm:
AP: White
APCR: Bluish/white but thinner
HE: Yellow (thin)
HEAT: Yellow

120mm and bigger:
AP: Yellow
APCR: Blue
HE: Yellow
HEAT: Yellow

Still looking into tracers sizes bigger than 120mm

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I had one of those great physics moments over the weekend. It was the airstrip map, and I was playing my IS-3. I was on part of the high ground in the middle, northern part of the map along with a KV-1S. While we were up there, a KV-4 and a super pershing start pushing up on our position. I have the upper ground, so they just bounce off my turret trying to PaB, while I get a few shots on the S-pershing. They then go after the KV-1S, kill him, and then both push up the small hill after me. I can't take on a full life KV-5 and a half health S-pershing by myself, so I slowly roll back off essentially a maybe 8 or so meter shear cliff, and try to accelerate forward once I start falling, to try and lessen the fall. Well I make it with only some minor track damage, and the KV-5, going full steam ahead after me, thinks he can do the same. He rolls off the cliff and pretty much 90 degree face plants into the ground, full damage, tank destroyed. Needless to say the S-pershing did not try and follow. Saved my ass, and ended that game with a win.

I wonder if 8.1 will end up going live this week. x5 would really help alot when it comes to grinding some of those new tanks. Unfortunately all the idiots are going to be running around this weekend.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm thinking next week but it could be this week. I been slowly building up my credit bank and Free XP bank in anticipation of the British tanks. I'm thinking of going down both the Heavy and Medium tree line. I hope they have a slot sale. I'll need to buy some extra slots. They havent had a slot sale for a while. I figure i'll need at least 4 more slots to start with.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I'm playing my Hummel more, I admit to love the rage that arty causes. I find myself doing counter battery more though since I hate arty too. Getting close to the Panther and that'll be fun times!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Doubt 8.1 will be here this weekend. But then again, haven't been playing much so still trying to get a patton... >_>

Malz

Feb 19, 2009
I used to play on the us server but Ive stayed over too the EU server great fun ! btw on the EU server Oct 31 is the new patch with the British tanks ......

Londons calling

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I used to play on the us server but Ive stayed over too the EU server great fun ! btw on the EU server Oct 31 is the new patch with the British tanks ......

Londons calling

Qurious..do you have something similar to the "siemka"-players on the US server?

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Sold my UK tank...after first killing 7 UK n00bs in my LOLtracktor and then 6 in my PzII....tier 1+2 UK tanks = paper amour...I will never drive low tier UK tanks.

And I hate having 13 UK tanks on each side...and no one upgraded radio...fuck the UK tanks.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Infact I am dropping playing anything under tier 5 for a week or 2...seems to be the sweet spot for avoiding big piles of noobs in stock UK tanks...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The Hellcat gets extra credit income this weekend so I'll be playing that tank a lot. One of my favorite tanks in the game. I guess I'll jump between it and my Lowe a lot. Still building up the banks when I can find time. I'm thinking of buying six new tank slots too. That should do me for a while. I also need to remember to grab that free 3 day of premium code when they offer it. Personally I think they should offer 5-7 days but meh... Especially to us premium players. We been making them rich for a while now. LOL

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Just saw, I have to say I'm really surprised tey pushed this out so fast with all the british tanks and all. I'm still trying to get a m48A1.... but then I'm not trying very hard so it's my fault.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Very nice, my Type59 will be an exp grinding machine this weekend. Be nice to get 5x while moving up the british tree!

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Now the low low tier battles are like 90% British tanks. It's nice that they give a free slot with a Tier 1 British tank. I'm going to grind the heavy line first. Might stop the Russian medium line after I unlock the T34-85 and switch to British medium. I hated the T-34.

Just had the best battle in my Tiger II. 4k+ damage, TG with 6 kills, 57k credits and 4184 exp with premium and x2. Only wish today is the x5 day instead. Can't wait to get my M47 and M103 this coming sale weekend.