[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 262 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The best engine gives better hill climbing speed but thats about it really. The damn tank just takes too long to get up to full speed. You are usually spotted and killed before you get to full speed which is not that fast. The grind does allow you to train your crew more. That is the only plus I can see.

The tank does fine when it's on the top tier and...

oh wait. Was fighting a leopard, got penned every single time from the front. I was too slow and couldn't relocate (rumbling along at 15 km/h) and got peppered to death. Funny thing is, I had to move out into the open to get a shot because I had no depression on the gun! It was a spot that I had used many times for hulling down in my M18...

This thing is fucking useless, I'm seriously contemplating getting enough free exp to just go through the tank, and I've never outright skipped a tank before, not even the A-20. I was hoping to get the turret and gun to see how this thing performs then but it seems like a miniscule upgrade, and the turret itself adds almost a whole ton to the tank and I shudder to think how much more sluggish this thing would get. AND i have to do 100k's worth of grind in this?? (and still need 14k for both gun and turret)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The tank does fine when it's on the top tier and...

oh wait. Was fighting a leopard, got penned every single time from the front. I was too slow and couldn't relocate (rumbling along at 15 km/h) and got peppered to death. Funny thing is, I had to move out into the open to get a shot because I had no depression on the gun! It was a spot that I had used many times for hulling down in my M18...

This thing is fucking useless, I'm seriously contemplating getting enough free exp to just go through the tank, and I've never outright skipped a tank before, not even the A-20. I was hoping to get the turret and gun to see how this thing performs then but it seems like a miniscule upgrade, and the turret itself adds almost a whole ton to the tank and I shudder to think how much more sluggish this thing would get. AND i have to do 100k's worth of grind in this?? (and still need 14k for both gun and turret)

Yeah, everyone in the battle can hurt you. Like I said. Worst td in the whole line. Get the best gun. It does help a little. You'll be able to hurt the tanks your tier and lower a little better. I mostly played around the base and relied on the team to weaken the incoming targets to make it easier for me. The arty players seemed to appreciate me being around at least. And as for the big boys? I carried HE with me. At least you can do 2-3% damage to them. LOL

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Finally got the T30 researched. Long grind but once you get that last gun on the T28 Proto it becomes a beast. Sad part is that with p7.4 the number of times being one shotted by artillery is up a fair amount. Which sucks. Still a good TD despite that and it being slow. Haven't bought the T30 yet. Heck, still haven't bought the T-54 yet either and I need to do that too. Trying to catch up on grinding some tanks before going on a shopping spree.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Just got the 50B. Loss, Loss, Loss, Win: Ace Tanker. Win: Sniper, Top Gun...

Even my losses were near 1k exp.

Oh and if you are into stats, look up WoT Statistics. It is another add on program that just looks at your dossier. It does a GREAT per battle analysis and shows where you need improvement. It also shows just how to manipulate efficiency (my high was 13.5k where I capped 78% of the base and did 4k of damage).

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Just got the 50B. Loss, Loss, Loss, Win: Ace Tanker. Win: Sniper, Top Gun...

Even my losses were near 1k exp.

Oh and if you are into stats, look up WoT Statistics. It is another add on program that just looks at your dossier. It does a GREAT per battle analysis and shows where you need improvement. It also shows just how to manipulate efficiency (my high was 13.5k where I capped 78% of the base and did 4k of damage).

No matter what that seems like a pretty decent game if you did 4k damage and capped 78%... :p

What's the site linkage? The only one I found seems to be for clan wars.

Got the good turret on the t-50/2. Dare I say the gun depression was better...? Or just placebo effect....

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I never have cared about stats. I know some people like to use them as a bragging right (not saying anyone here) but I just never have cared. I'm more about how much fun I'm having in a game than kill ratios or damage ratios and the such. I like to win sure but I'm not really a competitive type guy in that way.

Oh, and did you guys hear they are planning to remove the T-50-2 from the game? It was the topic during one of my battles yesterday. Apparently with the physics model the tank over turns too much so they are going to remove it when that patch comes out. Some were saying they are going to replace it and some were saying they won't. First I had heard of it but then I don't always read about upcoming patches and things until they are almost upon us. I have one but haven't played with it in quite some time. Now I'm wondering how many, if any, more tanks they will have to change with the new physics modeling.

Last edited:

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I never have cared about stats. I know some people like to use them as a bragging right (not saying anyone here) but I just never have cared. I'm more about how much fun I'm having in a game than kill ratios or damage ratios and the such. I like to win sure but I'm not really a competitive type guy in that way.

Oh, and did you guys hear they are planning to remove the T-50-2 from the game? It was the topic during one of my battles yesterday. Apparently with the physics model the tank over turns too much so they are going to remove it when that patch comes out. Some were saying they are going to replace it and some were saying they won't. First I had heard of it but then I don't always read about upcoming patches and things until they are almost upon us. I have one but haven't played with it in quite some time. Now I'm wondering how many, if any, more tanks they will have to change with the new physics modeling.
I love stats. They prove I'm very good. Not great, but pretty good (comparatively).

Shit, now I have to buy a T50-2 to take a gamble on how they compensate the owners. I hate those damned things.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

Stats are a great indicator of how good a player is. Things like accuracy, efficiency, and all that jazz are important indicators of tactical sense, how good of a team player you are and how good they are at dogfighting. Kill ratios though are really a moot point, I average around 2.5 kills per round but you can be pretty damned sure that if you leave me alone I will wreck the other team. Unless I'm playing arty, bad@arty.

I've NEVER seen a 42% player dogfight well. Never.

and yes I've heard the removal as well. They will replace it with a different tank, every nation needs a tier 5 scout. Shame because it's my "fun" tank, it's awesome driving this little thing around with my friend and trolling people.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
T-50-2 is the most fun tank in the game. I don't like the idea of removing it. Just one more thing saying 'try other games, aren't you sorry you bought 6 months premium'.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
T-50-2 is the most fun tank in the game. I don't like the idea of removing it. Just one more thing saying 'try other games, aren't you sorry you bought 6 months premium'.

If they replace it with something as equally good it wont be so bad. Of course that is a big if. Hopefully they will. Hopefully the physics modeling won't hurt gaming and only enhance it. It will be interesting to see what happens to say the least.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
If they replace it with something as equally good it wont be so bad. Of course that is a big if. Hopefully they will. Hopefully the physics modeling won't hurt gaming and only enhance it. It will be interesting to see what happens to say the least.

Though it does prove how much the T-50-2 was some retarded Frankenstein anti-grav tank. ;)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Then what would be the point of replacing it?

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I hated the G1B and I never thought I could ever get top gun in it, until last game I got 7 kills, including a KV1 and a Churchill, and 4 one shot kills against lower tiers. The 90mm gun is not bad for tier 5, I think if I add vents and rammer to increase reload it can make the grind not as painful as I thought would be.

Same thing with T49 TD, I hated it at first until I got the best gun and adjusted my play style, it becomes one of the funnest tank

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Played a few battles today after a long break from the game. Can't say much about the new maps and mods (player has no input on game mode?), except there is a bit of a learning curve.

This one I have to share: Had the first battle with a new game mode on Karelia. I had no clue what was going on but I played it with the pre patch mind set by reflex and still absorbing little changes. As I was realizing that they changed the map too, I wondered off by myself and mutually surprised a nice tight column made of a VK4502P, E75 and a GW Tiger. LOL I ran into them very early (spawn points closer now?) and could see by the motions their tanks were making that they didn't expect me at all. I managed to kill the GW and the 4502, brought the E75 down to 11% before he killed my M103.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
16 game winning streak in the last two days, including a clan war match. I platooned once and the rest were solos. I was playing different tanks and on the 17th I finally had a complete fail team in my M2 LT.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Stats are a great indicator of how good a player is. Things like accuracy, efficiency, and all that jazz are important indicators of tactical sense, how good of a team player you are and how good they are at dogfighting. Kill ratios though are really a moot point, I average around 2.5 kills per round but you can be pretty damned sure that if you leave me alone I will wreck the other team. Unless I'm playing arty, bad@arty.

I've NEVER seen a 42% player dogfight well. Never.

and yes I've heard the removal as well. They will replace it with a different tank, every nation needs a tier 5 scout. Shame because it's my "fun" tank, it's awesome driving this little thing around with my friend and trolling people.

I could care less what others think of my stats... but I do like to see them. Thouhg Im getting a bit frustrated.. i was at 54% win.. moving into the high tier long grind stock tanks is getting abit brutal.. Im down to 52% This game is very dependent on team mates and since its free.. its full of Asshats that scream "suck" when they rush that light into an open field to spot 10 seconds into the match and die 30 seconds later.. Some basic knowledge and you know nobody is sitting (focus aim) to shoot at anything 30 seconds in..

I'm about ready to give up.. the last month has been.. brutal, I understand you dont win um all, but latelly I would be happy with 1 in 10.. bad stretch.. and its compounded by the fact im on teams getting 4 total kills before we are wiped out.. or Defence missions where half the guys are in the middle of the map spread out dying one by one.. frustration is building.. and now that im in the top tiers the players are better, at least on the enemies side... why are the ones on my side not? Just a bad stretch I know, but man it can really get to you whenits in such a long stretch.

its jsut a game, its just a game...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I could care less what others think of my stats... but I do like to see them. Thouhg Im getting a bit frustrated.. i was at 54% win.. moving into the high tier long grind stock tanks is getting abit brutal.. Im down to 52% This game is very dependent on team mates and since its free.. its full of Asshats that scream "suck" when they rush that light into an open field to spot 10 seconds into the match and die 30 seconds later.. Some basic knowledge and you know nobody is sitting (focus aim) to shoot at anything 30 seconds in..

I'm about ready to give up.. the last month has been.. brutal, I understand you dont win um all, but latelly I would be happy with 1 in 10.. bad stretch.. and its compounded by the fact im on teams getting 4 total kills before we are wiped out.. or Defence missions where half the guys are in the middle of the map spread out dying one by one.. frustration is building.. and now that im in the top tiers the players are better, at least on the enemies side... why are the ones on my side not? Just a bad stretch I know, but man it can really get to you whenits in such a long stretch.

its jsut a game, its just a game...

I know what you mean. When they introduced the French six shooters that really ticked me off. Then along comes p7.4 and a whole new host of things that ticked me off even more. CTD issues, new battle modes I can't stand or even asked for, HE effects that kills many crewmen and the constant ammo racking and other modules being constantly messed up, and still no fix for the damn zero damage hits.

Personally, I think August 7th I will be lured away by MWO because I do intend to buy a founders pack and give it a try. I probably won't quit WoT altogether but WG won't see any more money from me either. I've already pledged to myself to stop funding them money wise until they get their shit together.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The thing is I don't get the whole "everything depends on teammates" bit. I ONLY play pubs, and occasionally I play with a friend. Yet my win rate is at 58~% and I can count more than a handful of battles where I single handedly gave my team the victory, even with little tanks. Sure there's games where you get 7 kills and still lose but I have far more games where I hand my team a win than one where I can't influce jack diddily squat.

Hell, yesterday me in the shitty t-25/2 and a little stock sherman took out a t-32, one of the 3 tier 8s on the other team. You can bet that little stunt secured a whole flank and probably gave our team the victory, which they almost threw away. But having one less t-32 flanking? Yeah, sealed it... because when bads duke it out with bads, the side with more tanks usually wins.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
wtf removing the t-50-2 ?

Not removing, replacing. A video I saw said that they weren't happy with it because the 50-2 is supposed to be a slow infantry support tank not a fast scout. They claimed stats will stay the same basically just the name and model will change.