[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 260 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
I got crapped on by arty all night yesterday and didn't lose a single module in my lowe or my e-75 for a few rounds. Then one shell hit me and I lose 3 modules and 2 crew. There was one game where my IS-8 was getting HE spammed and only lost my gun.

Maybe I'm just lucky so far but I did realize my lowe has a spall liner, maybe that's why? >_>

Had a friend in an IS4 lose all of his crew to a singe HE shell but still have 1,200 HP left. Something is not quite right.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Good news everyone:

It appears that 7.4.1 did not fix shit... at least according to the official forums and anecdotal reviews.

I killed all the crew in a patton with my 261 last night, wonder if I can still do it today.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I know it didn't fix the zero damage issue. I still get them quite regularly. Personally, I think this is the worse patch they have rolled out yet. They need to lay off the vodka and pay more attention to their game.

Edit: Had a good night playing my T-44. Team won about 70% of the battles and I survived most of those. Not too shabby. One of those nights where I was in the zone as they say. Lady Luck on my side too probably. Getting closer to that T-54. Less than 45k to go.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
First two games of the day ended like this.

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:21:06 PM
Vehicle: S-51
Experience received: 3,416 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 43,188
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

8 Kills

IS8
T30
T34
Tiger II
T25/2
M41
M6
Lorraine

Right after with my PVIII\IV

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:32:34 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw III/IV
Experience received: 3,048 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 76,508
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

5 Kills

Heh another one for the night.

Victory!
Battle: Mines Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:58:28 PM
Vehicle: M4A3E8 Sherman
Experience received: 3,386 (fine for causing damage to allies: 48; x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 26,811 (fine for causing damage to allies: 7,230)
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

4 Kills

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Very nice night.

I had a glorious game in my KV2 last night on the new Airstrip map. I derped commander's hatches at 400+ meters like a boss! I hit 8 for 8, would have been epic if I got a few more off for sniper.

I found a new favorite low tier tank to play, my T46 with the pew pew pew 37. Chews up all kinds of tanks... until you hit a churchill. You also can't snipe with it as the pen just plummets after a few hundred meters. It is a hell of a close range weapon though.

I have a new hated gameplay in arty, and that is encounter in ensk. Starting arty on the 0 line is some kind of internal joke with wargaming. If the opposing team has any mediums, then the arty will be lit before they can lumber to ANY safety.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I had another later in the night with the E8 on Ensk. I ended up getting the medal where you have at least two kills on tanks two tiers higher than you as a medium. In that match I killed a T44, Type 59, AMX 13-90, T54 and an IS-8 lmao. Both the T54 and IS-8 ignored me while I machine gunned them down from behind. I literally was on the ass of the T54 while he tried to go after our arty. The IS-8 was on the tracks and I sat there and shot him silly. I forgot how deadly that gun is in the right situation.

Then the dice rolled against me in a match with my E-75. I bounced twice off the broadside of a T34 that had 38 HP left. It ended up getting me caught between him and an M103 under a bridge. With me in flames. I rage quit for the night lol.

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Then the dice rolled against me in a match with my E-75. I bounced twice off the broadside of a T34 that had 38 HP left. It ended up getting me caught between him and an M103 under a bridge. With me in flames. I rage quit for the night lol.

After my first bounce on a low HP tank I switch to HE. I understand your pain though.

Speaking of HE, I killed all the crew of an opposing 13-90 in my T46 once by loading HE. (the leader of a platoon thought tier 3, well I can run a tier 4... light). That 13-90 was PISSED as I was doing barely any damage but killed his crew.

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
I know it didn't fix the zero damage issue. I still get them quite regularly. Personally, I think this is the worse patch they have rolled out yet. They need to lay off the vodka and pay more attention to their game.

I'm sick of all the module damage I get with 7.4. In any given fight I can count on my tracks, ammo rack, gun all destroyed. The worst thing is how often now it happens multiple times in a game now. Ammo rack..ok I repair it.. 2 minutes later ammo racked again. Huh? Gun gets damaged.. repair..damaged again. Seriously? Prior to 7.4 I can count the times I've had multiple ammo racks in a game on one hand. I've surpassed that easily since 7.4.

The game just isn't fun right now and it makes me sad.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I never ignore an e8. It's silly to ignore the tank that has the highest dps in the game when it's circling you and pumping 100 damage shells into you every 2 seconds.

Got another 30-40 games in this weekend, and I'm still not seeing the issue with the HE rounds knocking out stuff. Even did a few tests with my friend's lowe. I fired 5-6 rounds of HE into his turret, his sides, etc... (did a few tests, I don't carry that many HE rounds) nothing damaged, just viewfinder getting knocked out. Granted this is a small set, but the BL-10's HE rounds do a good 300-400 damage each shot, so the damage is not trivial. Maybe I'm just lucky, dunno.

I sold my IS-8 yesterday. Never thought I'd do it, but I hate the tank. It's a big fat slow medium that can't hit the top speed on flat ground. It can also get penned by a PIV frontally. Gun is good, turret is good, but the complete lack of depression and low siloutte doesn't let it hull down to make use of it. Not to mention you can't facehug with this tank; there are two huge tumors that can get penned by guns with 150-180~ pen. It's a slug and can't turn in place.

Why drive a tier 9 fat "medium" that can't dodge shots when you can have a T-54 that has better effective armor, acceleration, lower profile, and better gun depression? Hell, T-54 is agile enough to actually dodge shots, and neither of these tanks will survive getting rammed by an e-50 anyway. The only saving grace is it has more hp than a tier 9 medium, but the tracks taking longer to repair than a t-54 makes it fairly worthless when it gets tracked.

Also sold my M18 this weekend and got the t25/2. After 2 games in this thing (won both times) I want to cry. It's a worse M18 in every way shape and form, except for the hp.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I forgot to add my E-50 earned its first kamikaze. I rammed an IS-7 to death over the weekend :D

But my poor E50 just isnt getting wins. Only tank in my inventory with a sub 50% win rate for the week. :(

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm sick of all the module damage I get with 7.4. In any given fight I can count on my tracks, ammo rack, gun all destroyed. The worst thing is how often now it happens multiple times in a game now. Ammo rack..ok I repair it.. 2 minutes later ammo racked again. Huh? Gun gets damaged.. repair..damaged again. Seriously? Prior to 7.4 I can count the times I've had multiple ammo racks in a game on one hand. I've surpassed that easily since 7.4.

The game just isn't fun right now and it makes me sad.

Yeah, I know. Before the patch my T-44 would get ammo racked about 1/3 of the time maybe. Not too bad but since patch its every battle pretty much and twice or more per battle is common. If they are going to allow this much mod damage they should allow the tanks to have more equipment than just three slots worth. I'd like to add wet ammo rack along with what I already have on most of my tanks. They are going to kill this game. I have seen a few MMOs over the years make the same kind of mistake. Tweak and tweak until they break it completely.

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
I have seen a few MMOs over the years make the same kind of mistake. Tweak and tweak until they break it completely.

Yep, sadly I've seen this with several MMOs over the years, especially MMORPGs.

I warned people that ToA expansion would destroy the DAoC population and it did. This one pissed me off the most because it was the perfect casual RvR game. Up till ToA you didn't need to PvE after 50 to compete in PvP. You could go away for two to four weeks and not feel like you had to play catch up with anyone.

My latest casualty was RIFT. My head spinned so much with the way Trion constantly changed the class souls that I finally gave up in Dec of last year. I think it was 1.7 patch that made the mage ridiculously OP. My only regret was that I created my mage a tad too late, but even the one I had with a mix of RoS and GSB, and P5 gear was sick in PvE and PvP. Made me really sad that I had invested so much time in my rogue who at the time was 8/11 HK. I had a lot of guildies leave around 1.7 to play SWTOR so I did too.. only to hate SWTOR after 1 month. The other thing they did to RIFT was nerf content so much it just wasn't fun anymore. From T2 dungeons to HK they nerfed and nerfed. When I looked up my old RIFT guild after dumping SWTOR they had already finished HK so I had no desire to go back. That's when I discovered WoT.

However this recent bullshit with WoT I hope they reverse soon else I'm looking for another game.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Following the recent feedback from our players regarding the new game modes, as well as analysing statistics, our developers are reviewing options for a feature allowing you to customize game mode preferences rather than randomly assigning you to one at the start of each battle. We will be sharing more information as development progresses.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1363-breakdown-game-modes/

WHY HAS THIS TAKEN SO LONG?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!
Also while they're at it, revert game mechanics to 7.3! DO IT NAO!

edit: Just to be clear, I don't fundamentally hate the ideas of the new game modes. However, on some maps, they are incredibly unbalanced. Like encounter on el hallouf? The southern team can hide in those nooks in the rock; killing them requires the other team to expose themselves completely. Or assault on prokorovka? wtf the defending team has EVERY advantage. You should only lose if you're a complete idiot or maybe if there's a billion arty. So yeah, some of the maps are unbearable in the new game modes.

That and fucking dumb pubs. Sorry, but I don't want to play new modes while the idiots are still teething (i.e., figuring out how to even play the modes). These retards can't even figure out how to play the standard battle well and that's been here for ages. Adding new game modes just makes it worse.

In summary: new game modes are unbalanced on some maps. Pubs are retarded.

Last edited:

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
had a great time in my SU-26 last night before bed, I think I hit 10 wins in a row. Highlight of my night was finishing off a KV-3, only took me 89745 shots.

Had one game where I ran down to 2 shells - it ended up being me vs a T82 at the end. Luckily, it was assault and I was on defense.

Jacked up my win rate to 55%.

I really like the new game modes and don't understand the hate.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I carried a pub through assault on campinova. But then I was a t-50-2 and lit up their whole entire team for the duration of the match. Your victory really depends on whether the defending team has 2 t-95s perched on the hills with no arty counters, that's all.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Yep, sadly I've seen this with several MMOs over the years, especially MMORPGs.

I warned people that ToA expansion would destroy the DAoC population and it did. This one pissed me off the most because it was the perfect casual RvR game. Up till ToA you didn't need to PvE after 50 to compete in PvP. You could go away for two to four weeks and not feel like you had to play catch up with anyone.

My latest casualty was RIFT. My head spinned so much with the way Trion constantly changed the class souls that I finally gave up in Dec of last year. I think it was 1.7 patch that made the mage ridiculously OP. My only regret was that I created my mage a tad too late, but even the one I had with a mix of RoS and GSB, and P5 gear was sick in PvE and PvP. Made me really sad that I had invested so much time in my rogue who at the time was 8/11 HK. I had a lot of guildies leave around 1.7 to play SWTOR so I did too.. only to hate SWTOR after 1 month. The other thing they did to RIFT was nerf content so much it just wasn't fun anymore. From T2 dungeons to HK they nerfed and nerfed. When I looked up my old RIFT guild after dumping SWTOR they had already finished HK so I had no desire to go back. That's when I discovered WoT.

However this recent bullshit with WoT I hope they reverse soon else I'm looking for another game.

I loved DAoC! I played that game for 7 years. Stupid Mythic killed it with their stupid constant changing. I played Rift a little. I was pretty much burned out on MMOs by then so didnt get real far in it. it wasnt bad but I just couldn't get into it like I did with DAoC. Wow started out good too but they had to keep tweaking until it became some distorted thing I could no longer tolerate.

Anyway I agree about some of the 7.4 map unbalancing. Personally, I wish we could roll back to 7.3 and let them try again with something else.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Four day weekend starting tomorrow and I'm about 18k xp from the T-54 so I'll be grinding my T-44 next few days I guess. I been playing my mediums a lot lately this last week. Grinding the T-44 and Patton. After I get the T-54 probably go back to my American TDs for a while. I miss sniping with them.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I unlocked the T-54 and sold the t-44 before they added the Lb-10 (or something) to the T-44. Sad times, because of this I don't think I will ever go back to the T-54 unless the tier 10 is awesome.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
?? about arty:

Do I aim for the top of the turret or the engine, or does this actually depend on the tank I am targeting?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
doesn't matter. Whack a mole away!

For the most part I haven't seen an arty accurate enough to aim at compartments unless the tank is perched on a hill badly. (unless you're obj 261, then aim at engine to start fires)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I unlocked the T-54 and sold the t-44 before they added the Lb-10 (or something) to the T-44. Sad times, because of this I don't think I will ever go back to the T-54 unless the tier 10 is awesome.

That's why I been pushing to get a T-54 just in case the T10 medium turns out to be real good. Same goes for my Patton. I also need to push onto the T34 in case the new T10 TD is good.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Tankers!

Tomorrow, June 29, we will begin a special to honor the celebration of three national holidays: Canada Day, Independence Day here in America, and Bastille Day in France. We're a little early in starting the party for two of the holidays, but we wanted to make sure people could make the most of the bonuses over the weekend--we know that many of you will be out celebrating in the middle of the week with your friends and family.

Starting at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on June 29, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on July 2, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.

Discount on premium shells up to: 58% off

50% off the gold cost of the following tanks:
T-15
Valentine

50% off the credit cost of the following tanks:
M4 Sherman
M4A3E8
M4A3E2
BDR G1B
ARL 44
AMX M4 (1945)
Increased Credit income 2x:
M4 Sherman
M4A3E8
M4A3E2
BDR G1B
ARL 44
AMX M4 (1945)

I may dust off my ARL44 and see if I can get out of the PoS French Heavy tank and onto the next PoS French heavy tank in the line. LOL

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Researched the T-54. Didn't take as long as I thought it would to get that last push through on the xp. Almost 4:30am though. LOL Enough for one night.