[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 259 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
so it's behaving like old HE rounds before the first nerf all the way back? :p

Looking like that but I don't remember having crewmen die so much. Mostly back then it was tracking and just % damage. The funny thing was many people were worried this very thing would happen. It was discussed on the forums, the General Chat, and in game. The Devs ignored it all.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Nah, before that nerf there was another one that decreased HE effectiveness overall so you can't use it to knock out modules and be annoying in general if you had an under tiered gun. Way back in beta, don't remember which revision.

So it seems like its back to the way it was.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Every fight today I'm ammo racked. Usually lose a crew member too. They over tweaked whatever they did. I dont even know if its HE people are using or AP. If its HE then everyone must be using HE. If its AP then they really messed something up bad I'm thinking because I dont remember it this bad before. Even during beta.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I only notice that I seem to get tracked more...but since that is the tradeoff for not getting damage in the sidescrape manouver...so I am fine by that.
But will add a small spliner to my maus...only 160.000 XP to go...:whiste:

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
lol. Wow. I'm not even going to play until 7.4.1 comes out.

You know they fucked up hard if they're immediately patching the patch like 3 days after release. LOLOLOL FAIL.

In my time playing this game, I've heard lots of trash talk aimed toward WG for fucking w/shit, being late, ignoring the community, etc. I'd always kind of written that off as people being whiny, but this patch is something else!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I personally haven't experienced this at all, but I have a small sample size to test from. But then I've only been playing my money making tanks (lowe and amx 13-90) + french TDs...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I personally haven't experienced this at all, but I have a small sample size to test from. But then I've only been playing my money making tanks (lowe and amx 13-90) + french TDs...

How is the Lowe since the patch? I havent played mine yet. The E-75 and another German tank (forget if it was the E-50 or E-100) had their engines moved to front where it is easy to hit now. I been hearing lots of complaints in game about that. I need to jump into my Lowe and see if it got screwed with.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
How is the Lowe since the patch? I havent played mine yet. The E-75 and another German tank (forget if it was the E-50 or E-100) had their engines moved to front where it is easy to hit now. I been hearing lots of complaints in game about that. I need to jump into my Lowe and see if it got screwed with.

My lowe always caught fire from frontal engine damage. As far as I can tell nothing changed, just the cannon firing smoke seems reduced/removed completely. Still as accurate/fuckallinaccurate as ever.

I've been using war atmosphere sound mod so it sounded strange when I switched back to the normal sfx. Did they change the cannon sound for the 10.5?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
played another 10 or so games in the lowe tonight (saving money for new TDs) and noticed no real major changes to it. Still lose my engine every 5 shots or so and I lose random modules here and there (usually viewport) to arty strikes. For the most part I don't notice the huge module losses people are talking about, and I got hammered by a gw tiger and panther just earlier.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Tankers!

Tomorrow, June 22, will mark the 68th anniversary of the commencement of the offensive that purged the German forces from the Belorussian SSR and eastern Poland in 1944--code named Operation Bagration. In honor of this bold strategy we're happy to provide you with a solid number of discounts and bonuses!

Starting at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on June 22, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on June 26, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.

50% discount on the cost of barracks for your crewmen
20% bonus for converting gold into credits
50% off the credit cost of the following tanks:
T-34
T-34-85
T-43
PzKpfw III/IV
VK3001 (H)
PzKpfw V Panther
Increased Credit income 2x:
T-34
T-34-85
T-43
PzKpfw III/IV
VK3001 (H)
PzKpfw V Panther
FCM36 Pak40
105 leFH18B2

Please note that selling the above-mentioned vehicles during the special will return 50% of their current sale price.

Be sure to take advantage of these discounts and bonuses while they last. On June 26, 2012 the above-mentioned items will return to normal price!

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
50% discount on the cost of barracks for your crewmen
20% bonus for converting gold into credits
50% off the credit cost of the following tanks:

Wow that bonus is amazingly crappy. 20% bonus for gold to credits is still USELESS. Barracks space? Who they hell needs barracks space, just buy a damn tank and toss your spare crew into it.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I think I need a T-43 and the vk3001. I'm not home, so I'm not sure without looking at my game. I guess I'll be purging some unused tanks from my garage to pick these up. With the 2x credit bonus and half off costs, they may easily pay for themselves over the weekend (assuming I dont want to slit my wrists playing them).

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Well been playing more of the PZIII\IV. So I guess the 2x income will be nice. Waiting on a gold ammo sale for my E-50.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Wow that bonus is amazingly crappy. 20% bonus for gold to credits is still USELESS. Barracks space? Who they hell needs barracks space, just buy a damn tank and toss your spare crew into it.

one barrack space is like 16 members (correct me if I'm wrong), 1 tank space is 6 tops. Not to mention garage spaces should be for tanks you actually play... :p

I used to think the same way until I actually ran out of space for some reason for my barracks. it CAN be useful but more likely than not you just need to fire a few people here and there.

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Worked my way up to the French SOMUA S40 TD. 5 battles, 5 losses and 75% of my shots that made contact have been no damage pens. ugh... Going to keep at it though.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Worked my way up to the French SOMUA S40 TD. 5 battles, 5 losses and 75% of my shots that made contact have been no damage pens. ugh... Going to keep at it though.

wasn't 7.4 suppose to fix or reduce the chance of the no damage pens? I got 4 no damage pens in a row shooting an E-75 with my IS-7 yesterday. extremly frustrating as he only had 200ish hp left. I ended up using a gold round to finish him off b/c it pissed me off so much. This fiasco essentially cost my team the game, b/c this barely alive E-75 spotted and killed both my arty while I was hitting him.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
wasn't 7.4 suppose to fix or reduce the chance of the no damage pens? I got 4 no damage pens in a row shooting an E-75 with my IS-7 yesterday. extremly frustrating as he only had 200ish hp left. I ended up using a gold round to finish him off b/c it pissed me off so much. This fiasco essentially cost my team the game, b/c this barely alive E-75 spotted and killed both my arty while I was hitting him.

I was under this impression as well. But I am penetrating for no damage at the same rate as before. I am also bouncing more rounds with the S-70 than before.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I have gotten quite a few hit for zero points today...in one battle...I made 5 shots, right in the side of tanks 90 degree angle...zero damage...kinda hard to keep up the spirit when that happens with the 128 mm gun on the VK4502(P)B...I got a ~400 dmg hit as shot #6 though...which they all should have been :|

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have gotten quite a few hit for zero points today...in one battle...I made 5 shots, right in the side of tanks 90 degree angle...zero damage...kinda hard to keep up the spirit when that happens with the 128 mm gun on the VK4502(P)B...I got a ~400 dmg hit as shot #6 though...which they all should have been :|

Try hitting an AMX 13-75 in the rear with the S-70 and having it bounce twice in a row. I made a sad face that time :(

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
7.4.1 is supposed to help fix this. What they found was that they were handling bullets in the server side wrong. When it encountered the tank it then removed the bullet and applied the damage. This meant if the bullet hit spaced armor or wheels then damage was not applied as the spaced/wheels took the hit. Now they are allowing the round to go until it hits a damage taking part of the tank.

Amazing that it took how many months to catch this one (and that awesome thread with a jackass of a company man telling tankers learn to aim).