[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 258 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
Oh the foch has an autoloader? I thought it was a traditional gun. How many rounds in the chamber? That sounds crazy OP given its camo advantages.

I think that it does, but I might be confusing it with the tier 9 SPG (Bat. Chatillon 155). I think it's only a 2-round autoloader, but it's still an advantage because in either circumstance, that's a lot of hurt in a hurry going down either barrel.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
read up about it, it's a 750~ damage 6 second reload 3 round drum autoloader. The batchat 155 has a 4 round drum I think, think it's 4 second inbetween shots.

No details on armor for the TD though.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I am no longer afraid of the batchat arty. It will be easy as hell to counter if it is sitting still to double tap, and if it moves to double tap then its ultra fast reload is negated.

Looking forward to playing today and the new modes.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
New maps...oh no...more of the "I hate x" map whine threads...learn to play the map instead of whining over the map won't confrom to your preferred playstyle.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looking forward to playing today and the new modes.
It will be interesting and probably terrifying to see how these new modes play out in the public games for the next few weeks. You already have a good chance of terrible players not knowing what to do...I can't even imagine a new map with a new mode and a bunch of bad players.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
read up about it, it's a 750~ damage 6 second reload 3 round drum autoloader. The batchat 155 has a 4 round drum I think, think it's 4 second inbetween shots.

No details on armor for the TD though.

Ahh that explains why I was watching videos of it on youtube and the rounds were taking longer than the traditional autoloaders. Still sounds nasty. I think that arty could be rather fun. But also nice being an opposite arty looking to counter battery :D

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm not sure I like the two new mode ideas. I like how things are currently. I will have to play them and see though. I only had time to down load the patch before leaving for work today. I'll try it out tonight when I get home.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
They broke some things in the patch. For example, I used to say 'where the heck are my binoculars', and go to depot and mouse over them to see what tanks they were on.

That no longer tells you.

Another weird one is the mouse ping on map sound - which is annoying - no longer works, now it's a click sound.

What are these new circles appearing over enemy tanks, someone said 'team target'?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
It will be interesting and probably terrifying to see how these new modes play out in the public games for the next few weeks. You already have a good chance of terrible players not knowing what to do...I can't even imagine a new map with a new mode and a bunch of bad players.

This x1000000000000000. Until I see how our clan's better players are doing in pubs, I'm not even going to bother trying.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Holy christ this is an annoying patch. How many modules can be broken by HE now? Every effing shot takes out something or a crew member. Arty lands a shot about 30 feet from me. Gun taken out. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Holy christ this is an annoying patch. How many modules can be broken by HE now? Every effing shot takes out something or a crew member. Arty lands a shot about 30 feet from me. Gun taken out. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Guess I'll be playing my SU26 alot.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
2 new modes are meh. It's just deathmatch without the draw. Not sure how I feel about the random placements either.

Played a bit to test the waters.... not much difference at all. Got a few amazing teams, and one absolutely horrendous shit team. No surprises.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

That don't sound good. Is that in just one battle or have you experienced this in many battles?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I haven't experienced that at all yet. 10 games, and I got my modules knocked out only by a batchat shooting me in the side. Expected.

Meanwhile my lowe got crapped on by a gw panther and lost nothing except its dignity... and tracks.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well, my crew gets killed more in all my tanks. That I definitely noticed. I didn't experience many arty hits so not sure how good/bad it is. People saying in game HE is worse. My T-44 seems to get ammo racked more often too which kind of bugs me. This just a few hours play tonight though so I need to test it more. I'm kinda undecided about the new battle modes. I personally liked the old way but people are saying in game they like the change. I dislike it when Devs decide to change something I like just to switch things up. Seen that kill a game before. Make too many changes to a working formula and you end up ruining a good game. But we'll see.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
That don't sound good. Is that in just one battle or have you experienced this in many battles?

Many battles across different tanks. The one right before I posted was in my IS-7. After doing the essen drift going 5kph. I started losing crew and modules to HE. I fixed my ammo rack only to have an arty shell drop 30 feet from me taking out my gun. By the time I was finally killed the only module not knocked out was my engine.

So i decided instead of watching my tanks light on fire, crew die, and modules knocked out. I joined them instead. Played about 15 games in my S-51 and destroyed people. Avg 2 kills per game, and got conferderate 5 times while going 12-3. If World of arty is what they want. I will play along.

I thought the new map modes were decent. A nice change up. Unfortunately it seemed like most people didnt have a clue what was going on. Defense and they run out on the offense. One guy was saying they changed the maps because the flags arent where they usually are /facepalm. So I think it will take a few weeks for the less capable players to figure it out. In the mean time we get to suffer or benefit depending on which side you end up on.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I got haflway through the tier 3 french arty yesterday. They seem to have a better firing arc than my russian arties. I haven't directly tested this, but they do seem to be able to hit spots that I usually can't hit. Once I get El Helluf as a map I'll definately be able to say for certain if the arc is better or not. Other than that, its fast and accurate, but damage on armored targets is very little.

I'm actually liking the new map modes alot. The new starting locations and objectives completely changes the tactics and how the map plays out. Its also a hell of a lot easier to get defense points now.

edit: I did see a tank knocked out by loss of all crew for the first time in over 6k battles. I"m not sure if this is indicitive of HE killing crew members more often or not. I didn't really notice any changes since I was playing tier 3 arty most of the time instead of my tier 10s. I guess I'll go back to my higher tier tanks today and see if I notice any differences.

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Assault on campinova is lulz. Have fun climbing the hill at 10kph while we snipe you...

Encounter capping is sooooo slow that it is not a valid strat in my mind. Better is to just kill them all.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Assault on campinova is lulz. Have fun climbing the hill at 10kph while we snipe you...

Depends on the defense team. I only had one campnikova defense and we lost. We had 3 high tier TDs too....

The attack/defense dynamic is fairly interesting so far. Have yet to run an encounter battle.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Ok, arty is fricken stupid now. Even more than it was before. It doesn't even hit, not even close but it's knocking guns out left and right and blowing apart every other module as well. Not enjoying myself in game at all right now.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I got crapped on by arty all night yesterday and didn't lose a single module in my lowe or my e-75 for a few rounds. Then one shell hit me and I lose 3 modules and 2 crew. There was one game where my IS-8 was getting HE spammed and only lost my gun.

Maybe I'm just lucky so far but I did realize my lowe has a spall liner, maybe that's why? >_>

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ok, arty is fricken stupid now. Even more than it was before. It doesn't even hit, not even close but it's knocking guns out left and right and blowing apart every other module as well. Not enjoying myself in game at all right now.

They are making a hotfix for this. This was not intended... but was a partial solution for the 0% crits...