[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 252 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The tiger P is.... weird. The turret is the squishy part of the tank, and I love facehugging them with my t-29. the 105 goes right through but there's a 50-50 chance they will ding your turret.

And the hull is better than ferdinand's. Ferd has a lot of random little spaces that are broken and will get penned easily.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
The tiger P is.... weird. The turret is the squishy part of the tank, and I love facehugging them with my t-29. the 105 goes right through but there's a 50-50 chance they will ding your turret.

And the hull is better than ferdinand's. Ferd has a lot of random little spaces that are broken and will get penned easily.

If you can facehug a Tiger(p) the other playing isn't using it right, it's a sniper...loooove the long 88.
And people shotting the turret on a T29 and not the hull deserves to go boom ;)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You know those times when your stable of leveling tanks...just sucks? I'm at a low point that I can't remember hitting since I was on the M3 Lee and T1 Heavy.

My list of shitty current tanks:

T25/2 - I didn't like the T25...this one makes it look like a superstar
VK3001P - wow, not even remotely similar to the very good PZ-IV or VK3601
Panther - I'm struggling to find my strong point in this one
Hummel - I hate this fully upgraded POS. My nearly stock S-51 is more satisfying.

It's a struggle every day to not hit the sell button, but I know there are better tanks beyond them. Thankfully, I have other enjoyable tanks to drive like the T34, T30, T110, and IS4.

Ouch, that lineup does suck. But just know once you get past the anemic Panther. You are treated to the fantastic Panther II. Once the Panther II gets the 88 it is a really solid medium.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Still don't know why people hate the panther, I loved that thing with the long 75. I can perma track anything and still do damage, but I'm not dumb enough to try to fight tigers and other tier 7-9s by myself either... facing lower tiers, your armor is actually strong enough to bounce stuff. Don't get on the side, like all german vehicles, and you're fine.

It's like a machine sniper. pew pew.

Panther II is much better, but the long 88 is amazing so....

Last edited:

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Panthers are my favorites but the game is geared towards close combat a lot more than long distance fighting that they excel at.

Thought I should share this one:
One of my last games in the T25/2, I went down to scout to see what's around the bend. Lagged a little as I was coming down, went too far and got hit by IS3, E75 and by 2 more I didn't see. As you can see, I suffered a total of 4 hits within seconds yet they were all no damage pens, still 100% hit points. WTF...

2hi5fsm.jpg

Here is another of lousy TK battles I get once in a while. TK'ed by obj 261 near spawn, unprovoked. He proceeded to kill another ally then killed enemy batchat so he is -1. A total of 3 tk'ers on the team but had games with even more.

eq6yr8.jpg

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
This afternoon I played for about an hour and a half before going off to work. I like weekday afternoon WoT gaming. Team play is better and people are not as uptight and idiotic as prime time players. Afternoon people act a bit more laid back. I also seem to have better luck winning and surviving. Anyway I played in some of my heavies.
T-32
E-75
VK4502A
Lowe

At first I was trying to grind the T-32 and then decided to get the 2x daily xp on some of my other heavies. I was having fun. Shame I had to work today. My back hasn't been bothering last few days too so was able to sit up comfortably again. Anyway it was a fun session short as it was.

Happy Gaming! :)

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I found a way so that lemmingtrains won't annoy me.

I just logoff that battle and pick a new tank and a new battle.

Rather use the time on construtive XP/Credits...than waste time trying to salvage something from a lemmintrain...and I really don't care what people in a lemmingtrain thinks...their problem! :D

And I really, really, really don't care about my stats *L*

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have not raged at a pub in a long time, but it happened last night. I am on arctic region, east side in my KV2. The defense in this tier 9 game is looking a bit weak, 2 KV2s, a KV3, and a T29. So I go down to see how screwed we are. I peek and take a shot at an M6. I retreat. So my path is KNOWN to my team mates. They know how I am angled and what path I need to maneuver. So the second time I peek and take a shot, the "friendly" KV3 has his tank locked in forward and ends up pinning me out in no man's land. I am typing furiously while I am in double "F" to retreat. He plays the "stupid KV" and the "didn't know you needed to back up" statement. I end up a pile of wreckage and I just started to curse out the guy. I was so mad.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I say "move" once, then I just shoot them. After getting boxed to death in my IS-8 the other day I've decided its faster to push out the guy's corpse than to try to type to him.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I have not raged at a pub in a long time, but it happened last night. I am on arctic region, east side in my KV2. The defense in this tier 9 game is looking a bit weak, 2 KV2s, a KV3, and a T29. So I go down to see how screwed we are. I peek and take a shot at an M6. I retreat. So my path is KNOWN to my team mates. They know how I am angled and what path I need to maneuver. So the second time I peek and take a shot, the "friendly" KV3 has his tank locked in forward and ends up pinning me out in no man's land. I am typing furiously while I am in double "F" to retreat. He plays the "stupid KV" and the "didn't know you needed to back up" statement. I end up a pile of wreckage and I just started to curse out the guy. I was so mad.

I found out that is faster to shot right besides them...then they back up..most times.

I endeed up doing a TK in my VK2801 last night..on the ally T-50-2.
We were on Dragon Rigde, starting from the northwest side, I haul ass over to the east side and do some spotting/flanking.

The T-50-2 follow after and keep shooting (and thus revealing our posistion) righ next to me...the whole freaking way and up the hill to.

He "misses" a shot and it bounces of me.
I track him in return and type "Idiot" in chat.

He fires at me...and does damage.

I reload HE in the 10.5mm boom-stick...and 2 shot later the tard is whining in chat about me being a "TK'er"....oO(I guess he wasn't aware of the fun-gun with HE on the VK)
I tell him that he was the idiot and hit me first.
He replies that "it's just a game and I shouldn't be so serious"

I tell him "Then laugh? :)"

That gets him really mad...and he ends up on my ignore.

I have a simple rule...you hit me...on purpose...you are fair game for me.

What the hell makes people act like that...and then whine when they end up a smoking wreck?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Played a solid 6 hours yesterday, mostly on th t-14. My new favorite tank. It does everything (except pen). I'm learning a lot of weak spots with this tank.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
It takes 21 seconds for my derp to reload, so after my second shot on the low road, I was screwed as I did not realize the KV3 was not allowing my retreat.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I found out that is faster to shot right besides them...then they back up..most times.

I endeed up doing a TK in my VK2801 last night..on the ally T-50-2.
We were on Dragon Rigde, starting from the northwest side, I haul ass over to the east side and do some spotting/flanking.

The T-50-2 follow after and keep shooting (and thus revealing our posistion) righ next to me...the whole freaking way and up the hill to.

He "misses" a shot and it bounces of me.
I track him in return and type "Idiot" in chat.

He fires at me...and does damage.

I reload HE in the 10.5mm boom-stick...and 2 shot later the tard is whining in chat about me being a "TK'er"....oO(I guess he wasn't aware of the fun-gun with HE on the VK)
I tell him that he was the idiot and hit me first.
He replies that "it's just a game and I shouldn't be so serious"

I tell him "Then laugh? :)"

That gets him really mad...and he ends up on my ignore.

I have a simple rule...you hit me...on purpose...you are fair game for me.

What the hell makes people act like that...and then whine when they end up a smoking wreck?

Exactly. I have 0 tolerance for people like that now a days. You hit me purposely, I will assume you're a TKer and deal with you appropriately. Only time I refrained from doing so was one game in my E-75 when we were losing the whole entire flank. IS-4 shot at me for "being a coward", damages my tracks while I was trying to relocate to support the failing side. I end up with 3 kills and stopped the advance in the only part of the map the other team managed to push through.

The IS-4? Worthlessly camping the whole game against a push that never came (since we flanked the other team after stopping their assault), ends up with one kill. Most of the time these ragers are also terribads that managed to faceroll their way up to higher tiered tanks through sheer determination instead of skill.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
When my path is blocked, I usually forget the enemy and turn the turret on the tank blocking my retreat. Sometimes they realize what's about to happen before my turret is completely turned, sometimes they don't. I wish I could play the "Jeopardy!" tune for them while I'm turning the turret towards them. As for the excuses, I heard all of them, including my favorite "he can't hit you there".

Not only do I everything to avoid blocking team mates, I also try to account for their reload times to also avoid having them wait for me to get out of way when they are ready to take shots. Sometimes I'm disgusted watching people "wait" for the kill shot while an ally takes a beating or watching a high tier chase a 1shot target like a SU-85 while bigger threats do real damage to us.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
16K more on the Panther II till the E50 is unlocked. I have my 107K in free experience saved and ready to be spent fully upgrading it out of the gate. :D

Got the S-51 during the special that had it 50% off. Just got the big gun for it. Holy crap does that gun make the experience a joy. First game out killed 4 people. Hit others with splash damage. I could get used to this :)

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Just lookeed at my efficiency for the fun of it.
I can see that still playing my Ltractor, my PzII, my Luchs and other small tanks pulls down on that score...unpossible to score high enough in tier 1-3 battles so that they don't pull down the combined score...but I love playing these little critters too much to really care :D

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
16K more on the Panther II till the E50 is unlocked. I have my 107K in free experience saved and ready to be spent fully upgrading it out of the gate. :D

Got the S-51 during the special that had it 50% off. Just got the big gun for it. Holy crap does that gun make the experience a joy. First game out killed 4 people. Hit others with splash damage. I could get used to this :)

E50 is fun once upgraded. I about sold it two or three different times grinding out its modules, though.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I got the most modules with the tank. Tier 9 mediums is where you should spend your free exp on... and the top gun makes the tank a joy to drive.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
My god the grind to the t-50-2 is soooooo painful. Please tell me the t-50-2 is nothing like the t-50

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
My god the grind to the t-50-2 is soooooo painful. Please tell me the t-50-2 is nothing like the t-50

why? The t-50 is pretty fun too. T-50-2 turns better, has better acceleration and is better in every way possible at the expense of worse matchmaker.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
T50 matchmaking sucks! I get stacked against shit that I have no hope of penning and fuck my shit up.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I actually get a lot more "normal" games on my t-50, but in those bad games just drive like any other scout. Do your lap conservatively, use your speed. Put on a speed governor remover, coated optics, etc. The t-50 has much more survivability than any other scout.