[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 251 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
So tonight I finally decided to buy a T-32 and see how it was. Moved my 100% T-29 crew to it and had enough free xp to buy tracks and then bought the 105mm gun, upgraded radio and last engine. Went with Vents, gun rammer, and vert. stabilizers. Moving the crew to T-32 dropped them down to 90% but they already at 93% after some battles. The tank does better than I thought it would. Looking forward to getting the upgraded turret next. Set the crew skills to BiA. Not sure what to get after I get them to 100%. They sitting on 88% or so atm.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
So after 200 matches, T25/2 is a bad joke. Can't remember the last time either the turret or the hull bounced and arty will easily 1shot this thing. HP count is rather low, it catches fire easily and the turret is slow and jams a lot. Like it's German or something. But the win rate is 56%, before I looked I would have sworn it's in the 30% range, survival ratio 32%.

Yeah, it is a sucky TD. Worse in the line IMHO. Once you get the T28 Proto it gets better again. It is a slow tank however so the play style is different. More of a stay near base type of fighter. The 120mm gun really does some nice damage.

vmarkx3

Sep 19, 2001
dont know why but I prefer T-50 over T-50-2, I think its because with a T-50 I only get into battles with max 7 tier heavies and can take couple good shots before going down while in the T-50-2 I have to deal with Tier 10 heavies which means usually being 1 shot victim.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Funny thing is my T-50-2 has been mid tier for a LOT of games lately unless I'm platooning with my buddy. This means I'm usually wrecking the lower tiers and being super annoying to the top tiers. I tear apart tigers, ISes, scout arty, are extremely dangerous to low tiers... It's really fun. If I catch a tier 7 heavy alone it's dead meat.

It's also fun because there are other lights from the other team too, so I'm usually dogfighting Chaffees or other t-50-2s (who usually resort to ramming me with moderate success) but I usually come out on top unless someone gets a lucky shot in.

Don't know what they did with the MM for the t-50-2 but I love it.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I havent played my T-50-2 in a long while but I do prefer it over the T-50. I like how the T-50-2 can do more damage with the better gun. It can do more than just scout with a pew-pew gun. LOL

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Some days you just can't get a win. Yesterday I had a pretty incredible game with my E-75 on El Haluf, it came down to about 3 tanks on our side (me, a JT and a t-20) with an IS-8, type 59 and amx-50-100 on their end along with three arties (2 s-51s and a hummel). They also had a jagdpanther but I had no idea where that thing was.

The Is-8 had about 800-900 hp left, type had 100 hp, amx had 200 hp. I had about 1.4k hp left and those 3 swarmed me. I was on the hill retreating, and the 3 swarm me. I single handedly kill all 3 of them with 200 hp left, the JT and I try to rush to their spawn to cap... the t-20 driver somehow gets killed by the JP and he caps for a win.

I get sniper, steel wall AND top gun in that game but we lose. I have 6 kills, JT had 4 kills. We lose because the T-20 can't figure out how to kill a JP. /sigh.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Yup I get that at least once a week. I had a 6 kill game in my IS4 last night and still lost.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
sad thing is it's so lopsided. I had 6 kills, JT had 4 kills. It's not like we're cherrypicking either. I earned a LOT of credits and exp after the game. Their arty just picked our team apart, it's so ridiculously stupid that me and one other guy had killed all the big tanks on the team minus the arty.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
sad thing is it's so lopsided. I had 6 kills, JT had 4 kills. It's not like we're cherrypicking either. I earned a LOT of credits and exp after the game. Their arty just picked our team apart, it's so ridiculously stupid that me and one other guy had killed all the big tanks on the team minus the arty.

It is amazing. I have had games like there were my platoon will kill 10-11 tanks and we still lose. Like how does the other 12-13 players not kill 4 of them?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
It is amazing. I have had games like there were my platoon will kill 10-11 tanks and we still lose. Like how does the other 12-13 players not kill 4 of them?

Easy. Go in one at a time, stay in one place while arty shreds them. You'd be surprised how fast 10 tanks melt away to nothign. I'm not surprised since a lot of them have 40% win rates, and most people that have a 40% win drive like headless chickens and can't hit the broad side of a barn to save their lives.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
re^^

Are we ever really surprised? I've gone to defend a flank with 1-2 others while 8 guys go the other way. I look up a few minutes later and 75% of the team is dead while me + the other 1-2 guys go WTF

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yeah. Like when me (IS4) and one other tier 9 are holding off a tier X and 3 tier 9s plus a bunch of little tanks and the whole other flank collapsed.... I ask how the fuck that happens.

We're handling the 4 top tiers with 2 tanks. What the hell do you have to do to get creamed by the rest?

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
yeah. Like when me (IS4) and one other tier 9 are holding off a tier X and 3 tier 9s plus a bunch of little tanks and the whole other flank collapsed.... I ask how the fuck that happens.

We're handling the 4 top tiers with 2 tanks. What the hell do you have to do to get creamed by the rest?

Overconfident due to numbers, that goes to nothing when people start getting in the way of each other combined with low skils = disaster.

A gigant cluster-fuck...litterally speaking.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I might have to take this game off for a few months. It is officially summer and god damn are the douchebags and retards out in force :/

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Killed 5 today in my Panther II on Mines. Lowe, Tiger II, KV-3, IS3, and JagdPanther and the rest of the idiots melted away. I killed their top 1/3rd and still lost.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
any recent patches or any changes? i've been busy with diablo 2 and since my prem ran out, haven't logged into tanks

oops i meant diablo 3

Last edited:

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You know those times when your stable of leveling tanks...just sucks? I'm at a low point that I can't remember hitting since I was on the M3 Lee and T1 Heavy.

My list of shitty current tanks:

T25/2 - I didn't like the T25...this one makes it look like a superstar
VK3001P - wow, not even remotely similar to the very good PZ-IV or VK3601
Panther - I'm struggling to find my strong point in this one
Hummel - I hate this fully upgraded POS. My nearly stock S-51 is more satisfying.

It's a struggle every day to not hit the sell button, but I know there are better tanks beyond them. Thankfully, I have other enjoyable tanks to drive like the T34, T30, T110, and IS4.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
VK3001P - wow, not even remotely similar to the very good PZ-IV or VK3601

It's a flanker/support tank, topspeed at 59-60 km/h....just takes forever to get up to speed.
Find a high tier friendly tank...tail it...and the flank whatever that tanks engages....it a medium, not a heavy...or a brawler ;)

On the bright side it leads to the Tiger(p)...that frontal amour is funny...add some angle and I get a lot of *pling*...*pling*....*pling*...for no damage, when people hit the 200 mm amour...(same hull as the Ferdinand).