[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 208 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
From the YAWR:
Q: Dear developers, can you tell me please if we will be able to research/purchase new crew skills with gold?

A: New crew skills will not be purchasable with gold as it could be an essential combat advantage.

ORLY? So, gold ammo is not an essential combat advantage? The crew skills with be more of an advantage than gold ammo?

Herp derp derp.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Tankers!

The final special of March, before leading up to a festive April is here! This special is themed around Operation Plunder, and includes a highly coveted discount!

Starting at 11:30 UTC on March 23, 2012 and lasting until 11:00 UTC on March 27, 2012 the following discounts and bonuses will be active.

3x experience for the first victory each day on all of your tanks
50% discount on Garage slots - 150 (normally 300)
50% discount on the M22 Locust - 450 (normally 900)

Be sure to take advantage of this special while it lasts! The above-mentioned items return to normal on March 27, 2012.

I bought two more garage slots. Had good fun in my T-44 tonight. Earlier today farmed creds in my Lowe. Need to farm some more. Make sure I have enough creds for the new tanks I assume come out next week. They have never done a test period four so this current #3 probably be last. Looking forward to those new American TDs.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I dont see myself buying anymore gold tanks. I am curious what their French gold tank is going to be like though. They mentioned they had plans to release one later on. I'm thinking it has to be something post WW2 in time frame which means it could be quite strong in whatever tier it is set in. Things like this tend to change game play on the battlefield.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I just wish they'd do specials like they do on the EU server - about 2-4 times a month, multiple tanks, it is so silly that the US does not get that.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Also wish I could transfer my account over to the EU server...half the ping, no lag at any time and X5 as many players.
If only I'd known before making my US one with a big amount of premium stuff in it...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I get better ping on the US server so went to it. I miss the EU players though. Had some fun times with them. Anyway, got the last gun for my T44 so now its onto the T54. Only need 167k xp. LOL

Edit: The LB1 100mm gun is nice. Better RoF, faster aim time, better accuracy. Nice gun for the T-44.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005
The T44 is a dream with all the upgrades. I'd say it's more fun than my T54 only because it doesn't get crapped on as much by MM.

i like them both, but i think the t54 is is better matched. it belongs in fighting the big guys, where the t44 really is 1 tier smaller and fights the same big tanks.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
One of the things I like about the T44 is that no one really expects much out of you. That lets me do as I please in a fight. People often underestimate the T44 or out right ignore it in battles. Then I show them what this tank can do when they are not paying attention to it. ;-)

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
From the YAWR:
Q: Dear developers, can you tell me please if we will be able to research/purchase new crew skills with gold?

A: New crew skills will not be purchasable with gold as it could be an essential combat advantage.

ORLY? So, gold ammo is not an essential combat advantage? The crew skills with be more of an advantage than gold ammo?

Herp derp derp.

QFT. Back in beta, i bought some gold ammo to try it out, when i sold it in depot, i got credits instead of gold. Wargaming won't get a dime from me.

Anyway, fun story: I was on westfield map in my panther, fighting a t-29. A very annoying sherman was trying to take advantage. Just as i shot at the t-29, arty kills him. My round bounces on the t-29 and ricochets and finishes the sherman.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
A nice afternoon of T44 goodness. Its nice since they adjusted the ammo rack problem. I think I get more 'dead loader' than ammo racked.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
A nice afternoon of T44 goodness. Its nice since they adjusted the ammo rack problem. I think I get more 'dead loader' than ammo racked.

The LB-1 is also nice. Too bad I sold the damn thing a long time ago after researching the t-54, and now I don't have the LB-1 researched. I might have to buy it back once I'm done fiddling around with the american and russian lines.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The T34 seems to be having a lot of shots not pen - even against tier 7 tanks. Hm. My Ferdi pens seem to be lower than usual also.

Over 160K towards 191K for researching the T30... with 150K of free exp so no problem to get it.

Deciding if the Tiger P turret, the Tiger engine and tracks are worth it, for slight benefits like 100 going to 120 front armor, or 2 more rotation speed; probably are.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yeah, my e-75 is bounce shots everywhere. Actually bounced one off a M40/43..... that was a first.

I love when my arty, say GW Panther, has a shot it makes bounce... very rare, but it's happened sometimes.

Last edited:

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
I saw a comercial for this, looks intresting.
But will it be able to pry me away from meh tanks in BF3?

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Open top tanks don't need vents, obviously...and as you can see - they can't equip it.

I'm torn between going up the US med line, (about half way to the Pershing) or grinding the AMX 13-90 to get to the mediums. Both seem fun. Which are more versatile?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Open top tanks don't need vents, obviously...and as you can see - they can't equip it.

I'm torn between going up the US med line, (about half way to the Pershing) or grinding the AMX 13-90 to get to the mediums. Both seem fun. Which are more versatile?

I think his question is whether the open tanks get the benefit automatically or not (maybe built into stats).

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010

The Batchat seems more useful than the pershing. The Batchat is alot better at arty killing, eventhough it is more susceptable to getting 1 shotted by them. Also if you don't suicide scout with it, and use it to flank, you can devistate tier 9/10s. I'm just glad most people dont use it properly.

In other news, I'm about 130k xp in to my Object 212, so only 180k xp left to go for my tier 8 arty. I'm averaging 780xp or so a game, so about another 230 games left to go. The only bad part about playing this arty is that it barely makes any money. Probably only netting 5-10k on average. I'm pretty sure tier 8 arty is gonna be a net money loser, but at least by the time I get the 261, 7.2 will hopefully be out and I'll have my premium T34 to bring me back in the green.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
holy crap you're at 130k already? i'm close to 200k, but i only use it for daily doubles
maybe i should start grinding it so you don't get it first :)

i've been busy grinding my amx13 90, and amx50 100, both fun to play as the autoloader is brutal if you hang back and pick your targets, i see way to many try to scout/charge with it and get owned in 2 seconds due to shitty armor.