[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 207 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Even so, makes me want to go home and load up that tank ASAP haha

T-28/MiniMaus/Marder should take up all my time...

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Painful to watch for a couple reasons. God he couldnt hit the broadside of a barn at times. And that team is a great example of pubs. Come one at a time to get killed, little coordination. I really found it amusing one complained about him camping. Who cares? We dominated doing it didnt he?

lol seriously. He had one nice skill-shot against a moving target. And then after that it was just ridiculous how much he was under-leading his shots. And he had a bad tendency to fire before the circle tightened fully. He got pretty lucky in places w/enemies who couldn't shoot worth shit and were too dumb to swarm him either. But that is exactly the kind of opponents I saw in my tier2 games yesterday. It makes being a badass so easy when everyone around you sucks dick.

Here's the guy:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1001222082-Zlar/
holy fuck. That's a LOT of games in the minimaus.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
So...I sold my KV-5.

It is, sadly, a declawed tiger...
Its impressive armor and decent speed fit nicely with my style but I found that often I get where I want to and lack the punch to make a difference. The gun just kills it. Penetration falls and it is not that accurate for long range sniping and most of the time IS-3\4's just laugh at you. T32's give you a big wet kiss and a hug and it is all over.
It has its moments and of course nicer MM than the Lowe but as far as generating credits, I do better just playing the Lowe then some other tank while it is still in combat.

I seriously dislike the Lowe's speed (try going up a hill with a damaged engine, you MAY overtake a T95) but it is better all around. Squishy yes, but not too bad.

I wish I could get the Type to be my main credit grinder - I much prefer mediums with their mobility.

As of now I'm grinding 3 lines - T29, T20 and KV.
The T20 had a surprising match yesterday. Top tank, we had plenty of other mediums like 3601's on our teams - 2 KV's. yes, zero top tier heavies.
The other team had a good amount of mediums, an IS and a KV-3. I ended up flanking with 3 Stugs (those things can move :) and we circled around the IS+M36, killing them easily and proceeded to the cap.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
So...I sold my KV-5.

It is, sadly, a declawed tiger...
Its impressive armor and decent speed fit nicely with my style but I found that often I get where I want to and lack the punch to make a difference. The gun just kills it. Penetration falls and it is not that accurate for long range sniping and most of the time IS-3\4's just laugh at you. T32's give you a big wet kiss and a hug and it is all over.
It has its moments and of course nicer MM than the Lowe but as far as generating credits, I do better just playing the Lowe then some other tank while it is still in combat.

Sorry to hear that. I love my KV-5 as it is such a freaking challenge to play. I actually use it to bee more aware of my weaknesses in game than to dominate.

Update on my T20, after 56 battles it is still holding at 75% win ratio. It pales in comparison to the ~90% it had at 20 battles. I am still happy it is that high.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ughh it was bound to happen. Went 2-11 before calling it quits. Ran into a pair of M6AE1's in my IS3. I havent seen one of them in months. I had no idea how to penetrate them. Apparently you cant from the front. By the time I figured that out and tried to flank them my team melted and I had a type59 up my ass while trying to kill these things. Felt like a noob.

Even my T20 had a horrible night.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Ughh it was bound to happen. Went 2-11 before calling it quits. Ran into a pair of M6AE1's in my IS3. I havent seen one of them in months. I had no idea how to penetrate them. Apparently you cant from the front. By the time I figured that out and tried to flank them my team melted and I had a type59 up my ass while trying to kill these things. Felt like a noob.

Even my T20 had a horrible night.

My luck was slightly better than yours yesterday, going 8-12 and that was platooned with my brother. Our teams just kept suiciding it seemed. Even when playing our arty, our teams would just die, or not even shoot at the T-50-2s. It pissed me off, since I'm so close to rolling up to a 54% win ratio and this set me back. Hopefully when I get home from work, today will end up much better.

I need to get that mod that shows everyones W/L ratio or efficiency rating. At least then I can judge how much the games going to suck from the start.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
with 2 public tests of 7.2 over, I hope they release within the next week or so. I really need my T34 to start grinding credits.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I finally got my T30. In my first 5 games, I lost 5 times.

I just love public matches. I was one of the last 3-4 killed in each battle. I had 2-4 kills in each battle and, surprisingly, I made money most of the time even on losses (wasn't expecting that). My team somehow evaporated in seconds, every time, leaving a few of us to hold off almost their entire team. I really hate the MM. This seems intentional to put me on the idiot team!

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
can't wait until 7.2 comes out so i can start my T30 grind in the TD tree
i'm at the wolverine right now waiting for the 2nd tree
dont want the T95, seems like a waste to me

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
can't wait until 7.2 comes out so i can start my T30 grind in the TD tree
i'm at the wolverine right now waiting for the 2nd tree
dont want the T95, seems like a waste to me

The T-95 is the only TD I'm truly scared of in my tanks. If its looking at you, there isn't that much you can do. Sure you can try to shoot the hatches, but thats easier said than done. I'de take a t95 on my team over other TDs anyday.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
it's role is limited tho, defense sure, offense? usually the round is over before it gets to the flag. at least the jtiger and 704 are quick on the move and can get places.

i'm not to scared of the t95, i just absorb the first hit then side or rear him and pew pew until he's dead.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
The thing with the T95 is...once it is spotted, it is usually out of the fight for most of the group - because you know where it is, you can avoid it and it isn't going anywhere :p

Objects I fear far more. They're mobile doomsday devices...

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The thing with the T95 is...once it is spotted, it is usually out of the fight for most of the group - because you know where it is, you can avoid it and it isn't going anywhere :p

Objects I fear far more. They're mobile doomsday devices...

The object is a glass cannon. I really dislike getting hit by them. They are fairly easy to kill though. I'm not sure I could ever play one, I might rage if I bounced/missed two shots in a row.

I'm still fairly disapointed with my IS-7. I might end up griding to the Maus. Sure its alot slower, but the armor just seems to bounce all the time. Not to mention the extra 650hp it has over the IS7 and coupled with the extra armor, it survives arty better.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Most good T-95s stay home as base defense. They actually have pretty good power to weight ratio and turn fairly quickly, and with some support they're really hard to crack unless you got arty.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I bought the Wolverine to grind some xp for the hellcat...the 76mm is fun on a low tier TD, unlike on the heavy/med line. Fast firing and accurate and as a tier 5 you can pen most of the stuff you meet. Got a 610m kill last game - I'm still not sure how that works out. how can you view beyond max range regardless of spotters?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The object is a glass cannon. I really dislike getting hit by them. They are fairly easy to kill though. I'm not sure I could ever play one, I might rage if I bounced/missed two shots in a row.

I'm still fairly disapointed with my IS-7. I might end up griding to the Maus. Sure its alot slower, but the armor just seems to bounce all the time. Not to mention the extra 650hp it has over the IS7 and coupled with the extra armor, it survives arty better.

When you're a Maus, once you get spotted you will never escape arty. If you have 3 tier 8 arties hitting you, you will blow up in 3 seconds regardless of how much HP/armor you have. At least the IS-7 has the speed to get out of dodge and to flank.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The IS7 is an interesting tank. With my KT the 105 couldnt do anything to it except maybe a luck shot in the rear. The BL9 can penetrate it on the nose pretty reliably and the rear every time. I find it amusing because I find IS4s harder to deal with until they are really close and I can hit the slit.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The T95 with a strong heavy following close behind is a hard nut to crack especially in a city. I've done it with my Lowe a few times in cities and we would just roll tanks up as we advanced. The T-95 needs a follower with good armor and strong turret since the follower will take a lot of head shots. Open terrain doesn't work so well because arty can get at the team easier and mediums can flank them easier in open areas.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The IS7 is an interesting tank. With my KT the 105 couldnt do anything to it except maybe a luck shot in the rear. The BL9 can penetrate it on the nose pretty reliably and the rear every time. I find it amusing because I find IS4s harder to deal with until they are really close and I can hit the slit.

Many people feel the IS4 is the better tank between the two. I never played in an IS7 myself. I had a IS4 but that was back in beta. It is a really good tank in the hands of a good player.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Many people feel the IS4 is the better tank between the two. I never played in an IS7 myself. I had a IS4 but that was back in beta. It is a really good tank in the hands of a good player.

If the IS-4 didn't have the front drivers hatch vulnerability and less hp, I would prefer it hands down to the IS-7. It just seems like the IS-7 isn't as bouncy as it should be, couple that with french tank with futuristic plasma guns that never bounce and you get raped most games. And arty has no problem penning the IS-7 on a direct hit for 1000+.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well, both arty and the French six shooters getting a nerf this coming patch so its something for IS7 players, and everyone else, to look forward to.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Tankers!

The final special of March, before leading up to a festive April is here! This special is themed around Operation Plunder, and includes a highly coveted discount!

Starting at 11:30 UTC on March 23, 2012 and lasting until 11:00 UTC on March 27, 2012 the following discounts and bonuses will be active.

3x experience for the first victory each day on all of your tanks
50% discount on Garage slots - 150 (normally 300)
50% discount on the M22 Locust - 450 (normally 900)

Be sure to take advantage of this special while it lasts! The above-mentioned items return to normal on March 27, 2012.