[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Am surprised at how fast I'm moving up the research chain with the 5x exp. :) It's nice to get 4k - 8k per game, even 1k-2k when we lose.

Now I have so much money I don't know what to do with it... are binoculars or any of those 500k items useful? And are they movable from tank to tank?

I found the binocs work really well for for my TD's. I can see targets much further out, but they're tied to the tank though. The only item I can share is the camo net. I put the rammer, binocs, and net on all of them. I haven't tried any of the consumables yet.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
Now I have so much money I don't know what to do with it... are binoculars or any of those 500k items useful? And are they movable from tank to tank?

They are movable from tank to tank, so I found them to be a worthwhile investment. Careful though, coated optics (10% increase while moving) are not movable.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Loving the 5x xp/creds right now, just seems like everyone wants to rush now. Got rid of camping, I like it.

Yes, I'm loving it too. I wish I had the next couple days off to take full advantage of it. Got the T43 last night. I wish I had time to push for the IS4 before the extra points gets taken away.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Binos can be moved from tank to tank, things like rammers cannot.

Sucks that I'm traveling on business this week, no soup for me. My work laptop cannot handle wot.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
This IS3 is more of a paper tiger than the IS was. I'm ALWAYS having my tracks blown off, damaged easily, etc. Getting this tank put me up with the tanks that do more damage, but I take a lot more damage also. IT needs more armor for sure.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I have to disagree. The IS3 is way better than the IS. All tanks have their treads blown off a lot. The IS or IS3 is no worse than any other tank when it comes to being tracked. This is a very common problem in the game. Its designed that way unfortunately. Everyone complains about it and there are untold threads about it on the WoT forums. Its not unique to the IS3.

The IS cannot take the damage that an IS3 can. I have gone out in a IS3 and take like 20 or 30 hits and still live. The IS could never do that. Yes, I have also been killed in only 3 or 4 shots in my IS3 but in the IS that happens much more often. The only thing an IS has over the IS3 in my opinion is in speed and the difference isn't real huge. I sold my IS. It wasn't worth keeping. Even the KV3 is a better tank than the IS when it comes to durability.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Yeah, I got it wrong on the binocs. I keep buying new ones for each TD I get. Oops!

Made it to the object 704. Nice to have decent armor and a big gun. I took 40% off a maus with 1 AP round.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Apparently I didn't miss all the x5 fun...

Vehicle: T-43
Received Experience: 5,470, credits: 138,058

Noice :thumbsup:

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
yeah, it was ammo rack

I kinda dropped my jaw to the floor (it was only my 2nd game in my IS-7) and to go boom from 2200 to 0 health in one shot was kinda a shocker

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Damn just lost the driver, gunner and loader in one game. Also got the gun destroyed... talk about not being able to hit a barn!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
"your hydraulics are out, going to have to move the turret by hand"
Your loader died. We're covering his position
Your gunner is hurt
Your commander has died

Wonder if its possible to have everyone dead except for one injured person and have them drive, aim, load and fire all at the same time.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I'm getting jealous reading of all of this x5 exp stuff :)

I just wish I could join in and own! After 'soft wipe' I was going to go for the Panther II and really, this would have been an ideal time to push for one.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
"your hydraulics are out, going to have to move the turret by hand"
Your loader died. We're covering his position
Your gunner is hurt
Your commander has died

Wonder if its possible to have everyone dead except for one injured person and have them drive, aim, load and fire all at the same time.

Yes, my driver was dead, as was the gunner, and loader. So the commander was driving, loading and shooting, while having to spot the enemy too. Damn he was good... guess that's why he's da boss!

Edit: Just noticed that he made Mladshiy Leytenant :)

Last edited:

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
I'm getting jealous reading of all of this x5 exp stuff :)

I just wish I could join in and own! After 'soft wipe' I was going to go for the Panther II and really, this would have been an ideal time to push for one.

It's so much more fun!

There is less camping and less arty. There is a lot more quick action knife fights. I had gotten pretty bored, the T-43 wasn't making huge money and it was a grind... over the last few hours its been a blast and made 2 million, which I just spent on a T-44. :)

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
shot_068.jpg

^ How I roll baby!

Two JagdTigers were mine (someone stole the second)!
Just bought the T-44 hence the double :)