[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 96 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm still having horrible accuracy issues on the M7 priest. I'm gonna sell this POS if it keeps up. I'm not grinding 40k XP at less than 250 per game (since I cant hit anything). My M6 and E8 are far more fun, and they are actually useful to the team, not just dead weight.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea that's where i stopped playing arty, the m7 priest, there was no way i had the patience to grind up since it was a downgrade from the arty before it

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
The trick with the M7 Priest is to use the short range gun until you can afford to upgrade your crew to at least 75%. Even then you will really want 90% before using the longer range gun. Learn hang out with the TDs or just behind them instead of all the way in base. The short ranged gun takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is much more accurate than the long range one.

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
The trick with the M7 Priest is to use the short range gun until you can afford to upgrade your crew to at least 75%. Even then you will really want 90% before using the longer range gun. Learn hang out with the TDs or just behind them instead of all the way in base. The short ranged gun takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is much more accurate than the long range one.

Never knew that^^^
Nice tip thanks

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
"tiger stop being a pussy" as I hide behind a hill waiting to engage an e-75 that is about to come up a ramp.. and after a KV-3 / IS-3 tried to go down the ramp to engage him head on

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
If there were already 2 tanks that went downhill to engage a sole e-75 you should've went in as well. Now if there were a bunch of other guns there and those 2 were just suiciding then your best bet is to fall back.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
"tiger stop being a pussy" as I hide behind a hill waiting to engage an e-75 that is about to come up a ramp.. and after a KV-3 / IS-3 tried to go down the ramp to engage him head on

I finally got my revenge on an E-75, with my Lowe of all tanks. It was on the desert map out in the dunes (drawing blanks on the map name atm). I was in a slight dip kind of like a little pocket and he was climbing the dune to where he could get a shot on me. Stupid thing for him was he couldn't manage to turn his front towards me and his gun was only able to aim at the sky (since he was climbing) while I sank shot after shot into his rear track/engine area... wrecked his engine and tracks multpile times took about 6 or 7 shots but finally got the kill.

That's my most memorable moment for the past week or so.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
man i'm digging the e50 a LOT now, it's my favorite once i got the upgraded engine
i was able to take out a kv3, KT and a T32 at the same time by flanking and using cover.
i'm sure if i got tracked once it would have been over but somehow i pulled it off. the acceleration helps out a TON.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
If there were already 2 tanks that went downhill to engage a sole e-75 you should've went in as well. Now if there were a bunch of other guns there and those 2 were just suiciding then your best bet is to fall back.

it was the ramp in the SW on lakeville, there was no way all 3 of us were going to get to his side, let alone one of us, and they went one at a time... the IS-3 first then after he died the KV-3...

that's why i was waiting at the top of the hill for him to come up, there was no where else for the E-75 to go, as the rest of our team was near the base from the east side...

if they had all waited we could have tried to take him out when he crested the ramp, and I would have given us much better odds, he was at full health too.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Had an awesome draw on campinova last night. In my GW Panther I had 5 kills and 5 assists. 3 of those kills were when it was me and one heavy left defending the base. I killed each invader in TD mode and dodged all enemy arty. 53k credits for a draw, not bad!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Had an awesome draw on campinova last night. In my GW Panther I had 5 kills and 5 assists. 3 of those kills were when it was me and one heavy left defending the base. I killed each invader in TD mode and dodged all enemy arty. 53k credits for a draw, not bad!

Hate those kind of games. Just because you can do awesome and you know that you carried the team, but if there was just ONE or TWO other people with half a brain cell you could've won.

Quite often I'm the one with 5 kills (8 one time in a su-85...) and the other team still wins. I walk away with 1k exp, 60k credits and I look down the list... all 0s except for one other guy that probably killed a leopard.

utterly pathetic although I still walk away with a profit.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I got the 90mm gun my my M6 last night. :D People are actually afraid of me now. It went from being a rusty bus with a squirt gun to a rusty bus with a cannon.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I got the 90mm gun my my M6 last night. :D People are actually afraid of me now. It went from being a rusty bus with a squirt gun to a rusty bus with a cannon.

Ditto, no longer do i run around pissing off the big boys with HE rounds! Im 19k into the 35k T29 grind.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Don't hate the bus! It's really not a bad tank once you get the big gun. It still looks like a cheap chinese knock-off of a real tank. I'd love to skin it with a purple Barney dinosaur outfit. But hey, now I can take up to half your health with me in a few shots...before you kill me in a tier 7-9 tank (tier X still is a one shot). Before the big gun, I'd get 2-3 bounces or minimal damage shots, then die a useless death.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i've been killed in my kv and su85 a bunch of times because i think the M6 is a T1 heavy since it's the same skin to me LOL. so i hit the M6 and think why is it not dead yet wtf

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I just had a hilarious game in WoT. It's that map with the open field and train tracks running on one side and the little town near the train tracks.

Well I'm playing my T25 AT and I get a few kills, 4 at that point and we're moving to cap. Well a T-29 next to me gets blown up due to arty. Well I'm not going to sit there and try to cap while arty takes shots at me. So I move off and engage his spotter, I kill the Sherman and people are yelling at me for being an idiot.

It's like the whole team, CAP CAP CAP CAP YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!

So, I stop right on the edge of the capping circle, turn around and drive off down the middle of the map. I yell NOOPE and tell them I'm gonna not cap just to piss them off.

I have 5 kills now, and a M7 is headed down the middle shooting at my last remaining teammate. Well, a few good shots there and he's dead so I move off with our base being capped. It's at about 80% now and they keep screaming at me, good job, we lost etc.

Well the Tiger is capping and is at 30~% and I kill him with one shot right to the face with my 105. There's a medium tank coming at me and I get behind the rock at the base area and spin around. All the while they're telling me that he's just gonna circle kill me to death.

Well I swing my whole tank around using the rock as cover and hit him with one shot, he's dead. (105 on the T25 AT really hurts.)

So now I'm at 7 kills and just the arty left. I go rushing off to where I last spotted him on the other side of the map but stick to the trees. He's been moving and is off to the side, luckily I didn't take too much damage during all of this because him and me fire at the same time.

He hits me and I go down to maybe 25% but my 105 was true and the Hummel dies in one shot.

The team can't believe we won and the biggest whiner for CAP CAP CAP said it was luck. The rest of the team said yeah right, he's got skills.. he was just fucking with us. And that was my latest and most fun game in WOT with my T25 AT. This thing is fast, hits hard and a whole lot of fun!

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Capping only nets additional XP for those who are on the cap itself. Each opposing tank destroyed nets a % of xp for everyone on your team, alive or dead.

The only people who ever complain about capping are the selfish idiots who play this game.

You actually did everyone else on your team a favor by increasing their XP by making the kills instead of capping.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Capping only nets additional XP for those who are on the cap itself. Each opposing tank destroyed nets a % of xp for everyone on your team, alive or dead.

The additional kill bonus is only something like 20 xp per tank. So again, not really worth it unless you're the one doing the killing. Whatever ends the game the fastest as a win is the best.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
The additional kill bonus is only something like 20 xp per tank.

So? Let's say some folks are still alive, still fighting, while some jackass is off capping. Only the guy ON THE CAP gets the bonus XP for capping. Everyone else loses out on not only the cap XP but all the xp that could be had for each additional kill.

So again, not really worth it unless you're the one doing the killing.

Dead people get XP too. Remember, this is a TEAM game. Don't be a selfish bastard.

Whatever ends the game the fastest as a win is the best.

Wrong, but that's unfortunately what most of the other idiots who play this game think. :\

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
A cap is a win. I've seen games where a lone survivor takes out 2 or 3 people trying to cap or find him. There is also the boredom of looking for the last enemy vehicle. So ease up on the "selfish idiot" comments and enjoy the wins from capping.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I've been killing right and left while some asshole sneaks up on the flag and I get ROBBED out of kills and xp.

I hate cappers and, most of the time, will make sure that I'm not the one on the cap. I'd rather be hunting tanks instead of capping like a useless coward.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010

So, the rest of your team could be 5 minutes into their next game while you're chasing the other team around padding your stats sheet. Or could get a win instead of having a loss because that last enemy happened to be slightly more 'l337' (or lucky) than you.

Come on dude, try harder. One sentence about this being a 'team game' doesn't offset 2 posts of whining about how you're missing out on kills. :hmm: