[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 330 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
It'll get better when they introduce the independant suspensions with one of the new patches so your tank wont teater over small bumps.

I hate railroad tracks with a passion. That and little tractors that you can't run over. The little tractors sprinkled throughout maps has stopped me and other tanks more than half a dozen times.

I don't honestly think you need armor for gun depression. Gun depression allows you to fire from positions which were previously worthless to your tank, and being able to get shots off where you couldn't before will always result in a net increase in damage dealt. Sure you won't bounce, but its still a smaller siloutte to shoot at overall.

But yeah, I don't think the leopards are better than the soviet tanks either.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I've never platooned even once but I do see a lot of 3 bat platoons. As for fail teams, I think even different individual spawn positions make for a different outcome. I see a lot of blind following, tanks just going forward or insisting to go their favorite route regardless what vehicle they are in.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I'm bored. None of the tanks are fun to play right now...
How's the ISU? I need like 20k free xp to unlock it if I want to, though that would not include the BL-10.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I elited my 3002DB a long time ago right after release and its mostly sat collecting dust since then. Yesterday I dusted it off after reading up on the new German tanks in 8.5. So yesterday and today I been grinding xp in case I want the Indien and Leo. Supposedly need 81k for the Indien research. I'm sitting on 42k so I'm at half way point. I hear another 19k is needed for the better gun on the Indien so I'll have to get that too. Fun grind so far. When the kiddies behave themselves that is. That is what I'm up to lately.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I'm bored. None of the tanks are fun to play right now...
How's the ISU? I need like 20k free xp to unlock it if I want to, though that would not include the BL-10.

The ISU is a fun tank once you get the BL-10. Its dies fast though, but its fun to half a tier 8 tank, and possibly one shot tier 6s. Even tier 10s still fear it. Things get alot better with the 704, as it actually has armor that will bounce a few shots, and its more maneuverable and it comes with an extra 600hp or so.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I went ahead and got the ISU. 152mm HE is still nice at all tiers, just good enough to get decent results.

ahdaniels76

Nov 30, 2010
ISU-152 is a ton of fun with the BL-10. Nice to see in the early game after a few shots that you've done 2000+ in damage. I like the mobility, too, but need to remind myself to be careful (since I solo-pub only) when I'm out ahead of a group since I get no support and dinky lights or meds will wreck you if they get to your side/back - paper thin armor. In those cases my camping teammates usually just sit nearby and watch me get tracked and wrecked... but when I'm careful it's not too hard to do 4000+ damage a game and rack up 4+ kills. Fun to play cleanup.

Can't wait for the 704 - just 25k away.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
My hat is off to you guys who can play the fixed gun TDs. I am not good playing them. I do have the T28 fixed gun version but I much prefer the T28 Proto over it. I am much better playing the American turreted TDs. Just cant seem to play the fixed guns that well.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
My hat is off to you guys who can play the fixed gun TDs. I am not good playing them. I do have the T28 fixed gun version but I much prefer the T28 Proto over it. I am much better playing the American turreted TDs. Just cant seem to play the fixed guns that well.

I actually prefer the fixed gun TD's over the pseudo tanks. The gun rotation is atrocious anyway, so the ability to brawl is negligible. About the only thing you can do is corner fight.

The reload speed is a good second quicker on the 28 over the proto. Lobbing 120 mm shells every 7-8 seconds is... fun.

Of course I have a lot of practice in turretless TDs. The key is to really place yourself well so you only need to face one general direction most of the game.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I killed a Proto a few days ago with my 59 by shooting INTO the turret from above. Felt a bit silly. It is a really vulnerable TD with paper sides and a front that won't really stop good guns.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I killed a Proto a few days ago with my 59 by shooting INTO the turret from above. Felt a bit silly. It is a really vulnerable TD with paper sides and a front that won't really stop good guns.

I bounce a surprising amount of shots with mine. I love being able to stay hidden with full came plus net and just being able to move my turret, I wreck faces with it pretty consistently... but the snail top speed and paper armor have me really looking forward to the T30.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I find that I am killing more and mor players on my own team.
Lost one was a romania n00b...all dandy in El Halluf...only to rush of and hide in the city on the North side...of all places...totally useless...but I got to limp back and kill him before we lost....he hadn't fired 1 round 10 minuttes into the game then.

The terribad players are getting worse.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I find that I am killing more and mor players on my own team.
Lost one was a romania n00b...all dandy in El Halluf...only to rush of and hide in the city on the North side...of all places...totally useless...but I got to limp back and kill him before we lost....he hadn't fired 1 round 10 minuttes into the game then.

The terribad players are getting worse.

You're such a good player bro.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
And you are not...so what?

Mmhmm. Efficiency about 30 higher than me, and a WR 1% better than mine.... with 10,000 more battles lulz. I guess you're bad like me then? Tell me more how good you are at killing your team :rolleyes:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Today the teams were so-so but tonight I had pretty good luck. 11k away from necessary Indien research when it comes out.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Well Frodo, you are only .27% away from hitting that magic 60%. If we keep up our current rate you might even have it in a week or 2. I guess I just need to be around to keep you from solo pubbing the whole time.

Well I finally hit over 100 followers on my stream. Also for all you people here, go check out the first match in my latest video (www.twitch.tv/ashakar). I hit one of those little ausf c.'s going full speed on the other side of el halluf with the pz4 derp. Like a one in a billion shot at 600m to hit that little bastard. I was quite surprised when it hit him.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well Frodo, you are only .27% away from hitting that magic 60%. If we keep up our current rate you might even have it in a week or 2. I guess I just need to be around to keep you from solo pubbing the whole time.
Well, I will probably be taking a trip out to Chicago real soon. So the path to 60% will be a bit delayed. But if I do solo, you better believe it is going to be with the E100.
I hit one of those little ausf c.'s going full speed on the other side of el halluf with the pz4 derp. Like a one in a billion shot at 600m to hit that little bastard. I was quite surprised when it hit him.
I liked that it was our first game of the night. Kind of set the tone for the day.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I played only fixed turret TDs before the american lines came out. I guess I'm just pretty used to it after going through all of germany in beta and russian's lines after the game went live. The turreted TDs' traverse is slow as shit, and the t28 proto's turret isn't 360 degrees either, and neither is the 110E4's.

But I tried out the T28 proto on the test server and it seems decently fun. But just not something I'd want to play through even if the 110E4 is at the end. I have enough slow ass tanks in the garage. :p

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I played only fixed turret TDs before the american lines came out. I guess I'm just pretty used to it after going through all of germany in beta and russian's lines after the game went live. The turreted TDs' traverse is slow as shit, and the t28 proto's turret isn't 360 degrees either, and neither is the 110E4's.

But I tried out the T28 proto on the test server and it seems decently fun. But just not something I'd want to play through even if the 110E4 is at the end. I have enough slow ass tanks in the garage. :p

The traverse is slow, but the benefit is hiding your turreted TD like a normal TD and not losing your camo when your turret is moving. That's how I had a lot of success with them. They can kinda brawl and do well in city fighting too though since you can angle your hull well, pop out, shoot and get back. Getting flanked however is like any other TD, you're boned. :eek:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I've come to the conclusion that a camo net is useless on the non-turreted TDs. I move after most shots anyway, and even then, I have to move prior to shooting most of the time just to line up a shot. So I'm starting to transition over to either binocs or GLD on most of my TDs.

Hell, unless its a true sniping map (el halluf, redshire, or campinova), I'm usually more up in peoples faces with my TDs that whats good for me. Its a good thing the turret mantlet on the 704 and 268 is rather large and invulnerable, and I get quite alot of frontal bounces due to that.

I've come to the conclusion that its pretty sad that I think I've had a bad day of tanks when I end less than 70% w/r for the day (yesterday ended at 69.6%). The vast majority of people would be esctatic with that w/r for a day of playing. Damn my brain and its higher expectations.

On another note I guess WG is going to wait till thursday like always to announce this super anniversary special. It just makes things seem half assed that they wait till the last minute to make these announcements. I guess there is probably some marketing asshat thats done some "study" to show annoucning it only a day prior has a more noticable effect.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I've come to the conclusion that its pretty sad that I think I've had a bad day of tanks when I end less than 70% w/r for the day (yesterday ended at 69.6%). The vast majority of people would be esctatic with that w/r for a day of playing. Damn my brain and its higher expectations.

I blame you. After you left we picked up a third and went on a good run. Finished at 76% yesterday. We even played a bunch of 10's. I pulled out my dusty 50B!

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
On another note I guess WG is going to wait till thursday like always to announce this super anniversary special. It just makes things seem half assed that they wait till the last minute to make these announcements. I guess there is probably some marketing asshat thats done some "study" to show annoucning it only a day prior has a more noticable effect.

I'm pretty sure the anniversary specials are already up, bunch of gift shop crap (KV-5, Type 62, and gold/credit bundles), and a load of bonuses in game including x5 for first win, 50% off equipment, and 50% off training and retraining.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yesssssssss equipment saleeeeee.

whole bunch of tank sales as well. KV-4 is also on sale... think it's worth a keep at tier 8?