[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 280 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Also with the new MM changes, playing tier 9-10 tanks pretty much blows. Every game has 3-6 arty per side.

I will play my 9's. I might even play my JE100, but the rest of my 10's are retired from pub play, along with my tier 8 arty. I have to be very careful who I platoon with as well, as some of the clan members only have top tier tanks. I just can't do it.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
After the new changes my Tier 5 VK2801 gets placed in those mathces a lot...(scouts have different matchrankings)...my Arty kills is on the rise...and I am getting good at hitting parked arty with the 105 mm HE while driving by at 71km/h...so for scouts the new changes are fun...but since I also drive every tier from 1-10...I get hit too.

my best games are where I get placed either top or middle tier in the t-50-2. Big tanks just destroy you... especially some of the accurate ones like E-50. Actually have a good t-50-2 gameplay replay, will post later today. :D

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
KV weekend, most importantly credit consumables are 50% off, and gold shells are 58% off for the weekend.

Double income on KV13 and KV 1S, 50% discount on all KVs up to the KV3. If you want the piece of junk IS-4 eventually now's a good time to start.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Talk about timing. I can get the Derp KV back at half off :D

I also want to try the KV-1S. Seems like they are flavor of the month.

LtMikePowelll

Jan 12, 2011
Finally get the ace tanker on my M18 (2 rounds left on my gun)
Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Friday, August 24, 2012 8:13:33 PM
Vehicle: M18 Hellcat
Experience received: 1,609
Credits received: 34,795
Battle Achievements: Bölter's Medal, Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

My crew is running with 99% camo skill + camo net.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Just found a better way than efficiency to know how to play a match...I put all lemmings and campers on ignore...makes it a little more easy (list is still short but growning) to know what teams NOT to scout for...or count on.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Tankers!

For the fourth installment of Tech Tree Focus this month, we're giving the Soviet Tank Destroyer branch a discount. If TDs from the USSR aren't your thing, then take a peek at the Events Calendar to find out when your tree of choice is scheduled!

Starting tomorrow August 27, 2012 at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) and lasting until 04:00 PDT on August 30, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.
The following tanks are being offered at a 50% discount:

AT-1
SU-76
SU-85B
SU-85
SU-100

Please keep in mind that selling the above listed tanks during the sale will only yield a 50% return of the sale price as credits.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
These wot moderators can be idiots. I've been avoiding buying gold over it.

Just tonight, I got a 7 day (!) ban for an innocent joke, I'll past the text excerpts.

KEAxCoPe (9:03:32 PM) How do you PM someone? I get PMs every now and then and I talk then but I don't know how to send one.
Craig234 (9:03:45 PM) kea add them as friend then right click
evanrafuse (9:05:26 PM) i dont aways hate but when i do i hate ******s lmfao
evanrafuse (9:05:48 PM) jking no harm done
Samelde (9:05:48 PM) evenrafuse - thats is bannable
Craig234 (9:05:52 PM) harm done.
krazyone (9:05:54 PM) evanrafuse 3d Offensive insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference ~krazyone
familyroadster (9:05:56 PM) oooo...ban
WarKnight (9:05:58 PM) el oh el
TreeBurst82 (9:06:00 PM) lol
HVYDRNKR (9:06:03 PM) BAM!
RomDawg (9:06:04 PM) Good deal
RomDawg (9:06:13 PM) no needs that rasism crap
Samelde (9:06:22 PM) you go Krazyone
Craig234 (9:06:31 PM) if only we could ban the republican convetion speakers like that
WarKnight (9:06:37 PM) Lol Craig
Craig234 (9:06:55 PM) Mike Hucakabee ~3d homophobic policy advocacy
RomDawg (9:06:58 PM) lol
WarKnight (9:07:03 PM) Hah
TreeBurst82 (9:07:03 PM) ahhahahhaha craig.
familyroadster (9:07:06 PM) lo craig
TreeBurst82 (9:07:07 PM) ncie
krazyone (9:07:52 PM) Craig234 7d Moderator or administration impersonation ~krazyone
familyroadster (9:08:27 PM) krazy, that was just a ood joke

Update: petitions needing help have waited over a day for a response; the ticket about this ban was responded to - to use the word respond loosely - in 11 minutes. The person completely ignored the reason the seven day bad was placed, and cited the 'politics rule' and said the bad was correct.

Except the ban was nof for that, bans have never been issued in hundreds of similar comments I've seen, and the ban period for someone who ignores a mod warning on politics is far shorter, 1 day I think. And there's always a warning first.

Their response:

Dear Player ,

By playing the game you have accepted the End Users License Agreement (EULA) and supplementary documents, thus obligating yourself to read, understand and adhere to the World of Tanks Game Rules.
You can find the EULA, Terms of Service, and Game Rules at the following links:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-71-end-user-licence-agreement/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-77-world-of-tanks-terms-of-service/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-74-world-of-tanks-game-rules/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-76-world-of-tanks-forum-rules/

The following is a quote from the game rules:
"2. Prohibitions, restrictions and conditions of use, for all game chats and channels.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any Wargaming.net game chat or channels.
2.19. Discussion of social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to negative portrayal of religious and political figures is prohibited."

The following is a quote from the EULA:
"You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any WN public and battle chats, message boards, messenger-type and other communication features:
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, the Game or other WN official, employee, representative or agent
- Discuss social, religious, political topics that create controversy as well as negatively portray religious and political figures."
This translates to all chat rooms, forums, and communication with support staff.

We have determined that your sanction was placed properly.

We thank you for your feedback, and hope that we have answered your questions. We look forward to seeing you back on the battle field.

Best Regards,
Jeff Lanier

Wargaming America Support

My response:

OK, so the text alone is too difficiult for you to interpret by yourself.

It was a joke, and was in no way an impersonation of a moderator, which is what the ban was for. The joke was explained - too bad we can't ban speakers the way we can ban players - with an example that in no way could be mistaken for impersonating an administrator, immediately following the joke explaining it, with no mod name, with no official rule listed. No one mistook it for an administrator and no one could.

That is the ban reason, not the one you cited. And the duration of the ban is for 7 days. Casual jokes about politics are made all the time - if there's too much the mod warns to stop and people stop or get a far shorter ban.

So you did not review the violation claimed by the moderator, with a 7 day ban, impersonating a moderator, which did not happen.

What did happen - after I was helping a user with a question the moderator ignored, which the only thing 'impersonating a moderator' - punish the mod for that - was people point out to the mod 'that was just a good joke'.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I'm having a similear deabte with them right now...

Some n00b wrote: Allah.
I wrote: Fuck Allah.

The are kinda in a corner right now, as I asked if Allah got offended and complained...and I upheld the stance the the mention of "allah" is against my none-belief...so their are violating thier EULA..whichs isn't legal in Denmark...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I appreciate the sympathetic response, but I have to say I can see a ban for your comments - it is a hostile comment about a religion that can offend.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I appreciate the sympathetic response, but I have to say I can see a ban for your comments - it is a hostile comment about a religion that can offend.

And I am now invloved in a dialog about of faith outranks none-faith....they hadn't thought of atheist when they made their EULA LOL

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
And I am now invloved in a dialog about of faith outranks none-faith....they hadn't thought of atheist when they made their EULA LOL

You're talking to a group of monkeys IMO. I'm all for your point about atheists having rights, but the statement you made isn't about that.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
You're talking to a group of monkeys IMO. I'm all for your point about atheists having rights, but the statement you made isn't about that.

Oh, I moved up in the "hierachy" of monkeys...pushing this issue all the way I can...religion has nothing to do with tanks...

They should see my repsonse to the "as" being posted in general chat.
(alaikum salam)
I always responds with "ass..."

And I always responds to "siemka" with a "rødgrød med fløde"...

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The mods are probably some overzealous teenagers that are paid in gold(game currency, not real gold). I've rarely ever seen a person with a mod tag, although I have to admit I barely look for them. Is this a 7 day chat ban, or full ban? If its just a chat ban, then who cares. If its a full ban and you're a premium player, I would be pissed. I only believe full bans should be placed on TKers and such, any chat related issues can easily be solved with a chat ban.

I also sympathize with you, as 7 days is a little much, and it was clearly a joke. Mods these days are getting just as bad as homeowner associations.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Surprised I havent had a ban with some of the stuff vented in the chat at team members or the devs lol

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I've got a few short chat bans, the mods might be overzealous, but a few of you need mental help over this...

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Which is why I don't use the chat. Got a 3 day ban previously for making a joke. But hey, in soviet russia etc etc.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Surprised I havent had a ban with some of the stuff vented in the chat at team members or the devs lol

It really depends on who is moderating and what the so called offense was, and probably how many, if any, complained. I see so much that could be banned but little is actually done most of the time. Every once in a great while one of the mods picks one out just to make an example probably. That is my theory anyway.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The mods are probably some overzealous teenagers that are paid in gold(game currency, not real gold). I've rarely ever seen a person with a mod tag, although I have to admit I barely look for them. Is this a 7 day chat ban, or full ban? If its just a chat ban, then who cares. If its a full ban and you're a premium player, I would be pissed. I only believe full bans should be placed on TKers and such, any chat related issues can easily be solved with a chat ban.

I also sympathize with you, as 7 days is a little much, and it was clearly a joke. Mods these days are getting just as bad as homeowner associations.

I doubt they are under 18. My guess is they require them to be at least 18. Besides, you don't have to be young to be overzealous. Plenty of adults are like that in this world.