Milo - Dangerous

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
So being racist part time is ok, just don't push it.

And what side you're racist against. That's just how it is, same as on here. There is a false narrative that black people can't be racist or that "reverse racism" (made up phrase btw) is ok.

That's being said, he's a tool. She is also, and gets away with comments others wouldn't if turned around. Didn't know who he was until this blew up a while back. But good for him finding a way to make money.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
A gay jew, who dates blacks exclusively. Who is he supposed to be racist against? Women?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
One thing people aren't talking about here: Milo's book advance isn't all that big. It's not terrible, but many are making it sound like he just got a multi-million-dollar movie deal when it's really standard fare at most.

I don't object to the publisher signing him up. Just make sure no one you know buys his book. Send a signal to publishers that there's not enough demand to justify his work. Let him waste a year writing instead of finding some other way to extend his 15 minutes of infamy.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Some say he still dreams about that blue check mark to this day. Some say...

Jul 9, 2009
Just some more leftist/progressive/Democrat authoritarians trying to silence critics. If you don't like what someone says maybe you can get your stooges to silence them for you. Ban them from twitter, run them off facebook, force them off college campuses, no press for our enemies! 4 legs good, 2 legs bad, not all freedom of speech is equal.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just some more leftist/progressive/Democrat authoritarians trying to silence critics. If you don't like what someone says maybe you can get your stooges to silence them for you. Ban them from twitter, run them off facebook, force them off college campuses, no press for our enemies! 4 legs good, 2 legs bad, not all freedom of speech is equal.

sounds like you hate free speech. free speech is equal unless you yell fire in a theatre.

oh woe is me people use free speech to criticize a mofo whos dick you want to suck.

go get in your safe space and cry little man.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh, you poor victim. Some people disagree with you and that shouldn't be allowed, right? Because.. freedom, right?

Milo is a clown. If he didn't generate controversy, no one would know who he was. Getting banned off twitter is his biggest claim to fame. People like tajmahal are just his useful idiots.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Oh, you poor victim. Some people disagree with you and that shouldn't be allowed, right? Because.. freedom, right?

Milo is a clown. If he didn't generate controversy, no one would know who he was. Getting banned off twitter is his biggest claim to fame. People like tajmahal are just his useful idiots.

Seems to be what's going on, no?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't think we should silence those who disagree with us unless they're actively threatening us with harm. But making it clear that hateful rhetoric isn't welcome and shouldn't be rewarded with commercial success? Absolutely.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You're ok with silencing those that disagree with you? :confused:
You're okay with blatantly lying about what I posted?
No one is being silenced, dipshit. And I certainly wouldn't approve of it if they were.
Meanwhile, in the real world, the poor 'silenced' alt-right hero just got a book deal. Because controversy sells.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I don't think we should silence those who disagree with us unless they're actively threatening us with harm. But making it clear that hateful rhetoric isn't welcome and shouldn't be rewarded with commercial success? Absolutely.

The victim talk of the alt-right that they are being silenced is pure bullshit. What they're really doing is trying to force people who disagree with them into allowing them to use privately owned platforms to broadcast their speech. And when they're denied the use of these privately owned platforms, like FB, twitter, or this forum, they lie and act as if their free speech rights are being infringed upon by the government (when clearly no such thing is occurring).
UglyCasanova just used a similar type of dishonesty here. When tajmahal played the victim and said that speech that disagrees with him shouldn't be allowed, and I mocked him for it, UglyCasanova dishonestly tried to play it off as though I were trying to silence speech.
Social media has been a great boon to society, but it has also released a horde of amoral trolls who have discovered that it allows them to behave antisocially, seemingly without consequence. As freedom cannot exist without consequence, as open debate cannot exist without dissent and disagreement, they are a grave threat to the free speech that they pretend to champion.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Free speech is freedom from government restrictions on speech, not freedom from private sanctions on speech.

Translation: mob rule.

"Progressives" get to dictate what is and isn't acceptable and they get to mete out whatever punishments they deem necessary, from forced tearful public apologies (eg: comet shirt guy) to ganging up on their place of work to get them fired and forever unemployable (plenty of those.)

If anything, being angry about twitter and university reactions to his shiftiness is an attack on free speech.

Of cooourse it is. Any disagreement with what progressives have decided is automatically an "attack".
*sigh*

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Uh, it isn't racist because racism is kicking down. She isn't kicking down here at all.

"Punching up" vs. "punching down" is a progressive bullshit invention which allows them to be as savagely vicious as they want, provided the person being vivisected is a white, cisgendered male.

Jul 9, 2009
You're okay with blatantly lying about what I posted?
No one is being silenced, dipshit. And I certainly wouldn't approve of it if they were.
Meanwhile, in the real world, the poor 'silenced' alt-right hero just got a book deal. Because controversy sells.
Milo is silenced you dipshit since he gets banned from publicly funded Universities and Colleges. Where violent protests are promised if he is allowed to speak. There is no such thing as free speech when speakers you disagree with are forbidden to speak in a public setting. Yeah i know, He's evil and "alt-right" and says like, mean things and makes fun of you. Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it.

Nov 25, 2013
Milo is silenced you dipshit since he gets banned from publicly funded Universities and Colleges. Where violent protests are promised if he is allowed to speak. There is no such thing as free speech when speakers you disagree with are forbidden to speak in a public setting. Yeah i know, He's evil and "alt-right" and says like, mean things and makes fun of you. Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it.

so sad

ar-10-trigger.png

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/bookschicago/status/814544045825474561

Please, and the usual dumbasses here whining about safe spaces, as if it wasn't their fellow libs always being victims and then doing stupid shit like the above. Dumbasses, stop trying to pretend it's not YOUR ilk whining for safe spaces and why it's a thing. There's whole threads here of leftloon idiots whining about their 'demands' for safe spaces.

So because a publisher publishes something you disagree with (fucking hell, what the hell ELSE is a free press for fuck's sake?) then some shitbag reviewer isn't going to review a single other book by the same publisher for all of 2017. Now THAT's a left-twat.

It's ironic as hell that members of the press don't understand the meaning of freedom of the press. I mean fine, don't review this guy's book, but everyone else just because it's the same publisher? THAT'S pure, 100% leftloon.