Militia defends America's borders from invaders.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Hey, check it out, the guy who constantly rants about people holding 'leftist' views believes it's perfectly acceptable to hold white supremacist views.

And for the record, I don't care what views anyone holds, they (and you) are free to believe whatever you want. But that doesn't mean that I won't have my own opinion of those views, or will hesitate to express that opinion.

I find it perfectly acceptable for people to have far left or far right views, though I'm glad most find themselves somewhere more in the middle (unlike this far left forum). I disagree with both of them however, both the far left and far right. By dank69's logic, because I find both "acceptable" in that I feel freedom of thought is better than control and thought crimes, I guess I'm a free market KKK militan vegan antifa communist. People are free to be ignorant, ultimately truth wins more often than not, while you guys may be for controlling people I am for letting rational thought decide.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Actual white supremacists are a fringe group. You are painting with FAR too broad of a brush with what you are saying based on that question.
Of course you are aware that the number of white supremacist groups has increased something like 50% over the past few years, right? And distribution of their propaganda has increased similarly.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Of course you are aware that the number of white supremacist groups has increased something like 50% over the past few years, right? And distribution of their propaganda has increased similarly.

The more years we go without abolishing trickle down, the more damage to our working class, the more appealing it'll be for them to blame someone else for their problems. Trump's populism was full of scapegoats in 2016, and those feelings will only continue to metastasize over time. America's economic woes are slowly sickening us like a cancer. Our thoughts turn against one another rather than focusing on policy that'd actually solve our underlying issues.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Can I have 15 seconds of your time?

I don't believe white nationalist groups are a significant threat in any real way. Sure, there is some level of damage, but statistically we're talking about a drop in the bucket and a movement that really is fading out.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

I don't believe white nationalist groups are a significant threat in any real way. Sure, there is some level of damage, but statistically we're talking about a drop in the bucket and a movement that really is fading out.

You are of course completely wrong. statistically white supremicist is the largest terrorist threat we face.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Suppose you are an actual border patrol agent.
How fun is your job with locked and loaded vigilantes between you and your target.
Holy shit batman, I dont need that excitement!
Boss?
Bye Felicia!
/me out.

Feb 16, 2005

yup, we realize that, and luckily, nobody gives a shit what you believe or don't believe. And fuck you for your "some level of damage"

Reactions: Meghan54

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
The way you describe it, it doesn't sound like they were "well regulated" at all. You're not going to tell me the OP was posting ignorantly again?!?
"Well regulated" isn't a legal term, and I wasn't commenting on the OP at all but the article and event he posted about.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
"Well regulated" isn't a legal term, and I wasn't commenting on the OP at all but the article and event he posted about.

we know you gunnutters dont like the words "well regulated". We are gonna make it a legal term.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
FBI arrests member of rightwing militia accused of detaining migrants

Fucking lol, this thread aged well.

The Daily Beast reported that Hopkins has a history of pushing far-right conspiracies and has a conviction for impersonating an officer and felony firearm possession. He could not be reached on Saturday and it was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

No wonder RetardSpyder likes these guys.

Apparently they're q-anon truthers as well. This is actually hilarious.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
good job slow as fuck. Any other pearls of wisdom you want to shit out of your ass before happy easter?

9Elvxw6.png

Reactions: Vic and dank69

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I finally read up about the group earlier today... no wonder Slow loves them, they'll happily violate the law and their country's values in the name of their anti-migrant fetish. Every single one of them should be locked up for what they've done.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well it's not like we have a federally constituted border patrol service and existing laws to address the situation at the southern border, so we need these vigilante groups, Nat'l Guard and US Army to get the job done. /s

Mar 11, 2004
Its like these idiots saw Turmp trying to declare a state of emergency and saw it as their marching orders. "Oh, we're suppose to make the emergency so law enforcement and the military have to do something then!"

Mar 11, 2004

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wasn't there another user on here that was super enraged about the border? Taj something?

A lot of right wingers have tapped out here as Trumpism kept getting trumpier and trumpier. Personally I would rather they stick around rather than ah heck off(what? I cant type "b u g g e r - o f f" ?), I would have no problem sharing a beer and looking forward instead of whatever-past bickering there may be.

- Now we just have the russobots. :(