SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mik...-a-gay-man-who-knows-hes-been-falsely-accused

Good opinion piece by a member of the LGBT community. The author admits that Pence didn't handle the Indiana Religious Freedoms Restoration Act as well as he could have, but then points out numerous times our Vice President went out of his way to protect the LGBT community.

"Opponents of the law claimed it would allow any business in Indiana to refuse service to members of the LGBT community simply by citing “deeply held beliefs.” Of course, that wasn’t the case, but the false narrative spread across the nation, sparking outrage.

Pence went on the offensive, declaring: “If I saw a restaurant owner refuse to serve a gay couple, I wouldn't eat there anymore,” while calling for a détente between advocates of religious liberty and those working toward LGBT equality."

Just another example of the left creating bigotry that fits their narrative. Keep the plantation alive, keep creating victims. The real racism, the real bigotry comes from the left today.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What is anti-gray? Is it like old people with white hair who hate old people with gray hair?

Reactions: nickqt

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Spidey would like us all to know that a guy who:

1) sponsored a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, saying that gay people marrying would cause societal collapse.

2) said he would only approve AIDS care funding if it included money for gay conversion therapy.

3) voted to continue to ban gay people from the military.

4) opposed a law banning discrimination against gay people in employment.

5) has a wife that works at a school which bans gay people.

Is totally not anti-gay.

Lol. Are you trying to make conservatives look stupid?

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Spidey would like us all to know that a guy who:

1) sponsored a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, saying that gay people marrying would cause societal collapse.

2) said he would only approve AIDS care funding if it included money for gay conversion therapy.

3) voted to continue to ban gay people from the military.

4) opposed a law banning discrimination against gay people in employment.

5) has a wife that works at a school which bans gay people.

Is totally not anti-gay.

Lol. Are you trying to make conservatives look stupid?

Actions speak louder than words, the most intelligent poster in P&N would know this. He definitely wouldn't get duped this easily. Pence believing in the pseudoscience bull plop that conversion therapy, which sees being homosexual as a mental disease, is definitely not biased against homosexuals. We're just idiots living in the most intelligent poster on P&N's world.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Actions speak louder than words, the most intelligent poster in P&N would know this. He definitely wouldn't get duped this easily. Pence believing in the pseudoscience bull plop that conversion therapy, which sees being homosexual as a mental disease, is definitely not biased against homosexuals. We're just idiots living in the most intelligent poster on P&N's world.

He was just a regular left leaning guy who finally couldn’t take the Democrats any more when they went so crazy as to advocate against brainwashing gay people so they pretend to be straight.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I really must hand it to the propaganda ministers of the right-wing media cult.

Amazing job getting an entire group of people to believe the demonstrable literal opposite of reality on so many things at once.

Not just have bad opinions, mind you, but to get them to believe the literal opposite of easily provable facts.

Stunning in its success.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm sure he's thinking you shouldn't hate people just because you made a right turn somewhere and believe they are sick. Have some compassion, right?

Reactions: PJFrylar

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
But remember, Trump lied that he was the most LGBT-friendly President ever while holding a Pride flag, and since Trump is God in Slow's universe, we must believe the lies of anyone associated with Trump at face value. Even if all the facts point to exactly the opposite conclusion.

Feb 4, 2009
But remember, Trump lied that he was the most LGBT-friendly President ever while holding a Pride flag, and since Trump is God in Slow's universe, we must believe the lies of anyone associated with Trump at face value. Even if all the facts point to exactly the opposite conclusion.

Trump also claimed to be a great or the greatest bible reader. I remember him saying something like that during I think a Lester Holt interview.
Can’t find the clip but I’d love to have it.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
He was just a regular left leaning guy who finally couldn’t take the Democrats any more when they went so crazy as to advocate against brainwashing gay people so they pretend to be straight.

It's moments like this where thinking the most intelligent poster in P&N is trolling changes to hoping he is. A person that is so easily bamboozled and hateful carrying about thinking they are brilliantly smart ... well you see their appeal to Trump. However, I've seen enough people like the most intelligent poster in P&N to realize there is a chance he's not a troll.

Last edited:

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
Trump also claimed to be a great or the greatest bible reader. I remember him saying something like that during I think a Lester Holt interview.
Can’t find the clip but I’d love to have it.

Weird. Since he can barely speak English, I'm surprised he can read Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. (/s just to be clear)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I really must hand it to the propaganda ministers of the right-wing media cult.

Amazing job getting an entire group of people to believe the demonstrable literal opposite of reality on so many things at once.

Not just have bad opinions, mind you, but to get them to believe the literal opposite of easily provable facts.

Stunning in its success.

Repetition is the soul of propaganda & they've been at it since the founding of well funded right wing think tanks & media manipulators back in the 70's. They excel in the new media, as well, since it lends itself easily to sloganeering & sound bite analysis.

All their issues are mostly astroturfed, anyway.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

What has Trump done that isn’t friendly to LGB? The T is a totally serepate issue and I can’t understand why it’s lumped into the same category as the others.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Honestly, how many people are anti gray? Sooner or later, aren't we all going to be gray? Isn't Pence already gray? Is this a case of self hate?

Don't you dare change the topic title to make me look stupid.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What has Trump done that isn’t friendly to LGB? The T is a totally serepate issue and I can’t understand why it’s lumped into the same category as the others.

That's apparently not true in the LGBT community. Their associations are entirely voluntary.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Honestly, how many people are anti gray? Sooner or later, aren't we all going to be gray? Isn't Pence already gray? Is this a case of self hate?

Don't you dare change the topic title to make me look stupid.
That wouldn't be necessary in this case.

Kidding, just kidding, really. I couldn't help myself. You walked into that is my guess.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

His administration has argued repeatedly in favor of businesses being able to violate public accommodation laws and not serve gay people.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Having a virulently homophobic VP is one of them. On top of this, several other examples:

- Eliminated requirements that federal contractors prove they're honoring LGBT protections.

- DOJ argued that civil rights law didn't prevent employers from discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation.

- Scrapped efforts to collect LGBT data for the census.

- Appointed a Supreme Court justice, Gorusch, who votes anti-LGBT on decisions (such as a requirement that states display same-sex parents on birth certificates)

- "Religious liberty" mandates (including at the Department of Health) that are shorthand for greenlighting anti-LGBT discrimination.

- Fired all the people on the Presidential Advisory Council for HIV/AIDS.

- Support for the shop owners in that cake shop discrimination case.

Can you just accept the truth that Trump is anti-LGBT and move on?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
His administration has argued repeatedly in favor of businesses being able to violate public accommodation laws and not serve gay people.

The one I’m familiar with is he baker and the Supreme Court agreed that one shouldn’t be compelled to create a symbol that goes against one’s religion. It was the right call.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Having a virulently homophobic VP is one of them. On top of this, several other examples:

- Eliminated requirements that federal contractors prove they're honoring LGBT protections.

- DOJ argued that civil rights law didn't prevent employers from discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation.

- Appointed a Supreme Court justice, Gorusch, who votes anti-LGBT on decisions (such as a requirement that states display same-sex parents on birth certificates)

- "Religious liberty" mandates (including at the Department of Health) that are shorthand for greenlighting anti-LGBT discrimination.

Thank you for a well thought response. :beercheers:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's all just base pandering coming from Trump. His mentor, Roy Cohn, was gay. His longtime pal Roger Stone would probably fuck a snake if it wouldn't bite him. Trump really doesn't care but he'll gladly manipulate the fools who do.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.

greycouncil.JPG

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The one I’m familiar with is he baker and the Supreme Court agreed that one shouldn’t be compelled to create a symbol that goes against one’s religion. It was the right call.

Of course it wasn’t, don’t be silly. Regardless of the stupidity of that stance though it’s clearly anti-gay.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

Facts?
What are "facts" to a republican?
I mean seriously..... :rolleyes: