Merrill Lynch wealth adviser arrested, fired after calling teen smoothie shop worker an ‘immigrant loser’ and throwing a drink at her

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I gotta laugh.

A Merrill Lynch wealth adviser who was arrested over the weekend for allegedly throwing a drink at a Connecticut smoothie shop employee, calling her a “f—ing immigrant loser” and attempting to force his way behind the counter after his son suffered an allergic reaction to his drink, has been fired by the company.

Reactions: cytg111

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Was son in anaphylactic shock? What was this allergic reaction? Did the son order the smoothie or the son? Was this allergy known?

Questions, questions.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Was son in anaphylactic shock? What was this allergic reaction? Did the son order the smoothie or the son? Was this allergy known?

Questions, questions.
The police statement said the store staff told the police that Iannazzo didn't tell them about the peanut allergy and had only asked that the drink didn't include peanut butter.
Iannazzo was arrested and charged with intimidation based on bigotry or bias in the second degree, breach of peace in the second degree, and criminal trespass in the first degree. He is set to appear in court on February 7.

"Our company does not tolerate behavior of this kind," a spokesperson for Bank of America, which owns Merrill Lynch, told Insider. "We immediately investigated and have taken action. This individual is no longer employed at our firm."

Reactions: Leeea

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
What a turd. Go take care of your kid, wtf man. It's not like one of those employees intentionally poisoned your kid, and if they had you just destroyed the evidence in your roid rage

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Need to know more before determining who was responsible.
Appears to be the father ordering for his son.

The police statement said the store staff told the police that Iannazzo didn't tell them about the peanut allergy and had only asked that the drink didn't include peanut butter.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If the allergy was that significant I'd hope he was carrying an Epipen around.

Reactions: iRONic

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
What a loser. Hope his career is ruined forever. I can guarantee you which party he votes for.
Dude is a fucking asshole, but misdemeanors shouldn't ruin someone's life forever. I think it's funny how many of the same people that want sentencing reform also want to end people's lives over misdemeanors.

His life is already going to get pretty fucked from losing his job and dealing with the courts, I personally never want to work with him, but I don't think he and his family should have to live under a bridge either.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
As someone with a severe enough peanut allergy … I get the rage that this situation would cause. Still, something like “are you fuckin kidding me I asked if this had peanut butter” would be a whole lot more understandable rather than racist ravings lol.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and DaaQ

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
As someone with a severe enough peanut allergy … I get the rage that this situation would cause. Still, something like “are you fuckin kidding me I asked if this had peanut butter” would be a whole lot more understandable rather than racist ravings lol.
It probably didn't have peanut butter, but if there's peanut butter or peanut toppings around it's probably not safe. If he had said 'My kid's got a severe peanut allergy, can you guarantee there's not gonna be any peanut stuff in there?' they likely would have said no, and recommended he go get a pint of ben & jerry's from the store.

Reactions: pmv and Muse
Nov 29, 2006
Nope nope nope. Plenty of entitled elitist NYC assholes who vote Dem and are one wrong order away from unleashing a racist tirade against service workers. Believe me. Also, remember that Central Park dog walker Karen? NYC is an interesting place.

I didn't say what party, so you also assumed gop? 😀

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
It probably didn't have peanut butter, but if there's peanut butter or peanut toppings around it's probably not safe. If he had said 'My kid's got a severe peanut allergy, can you guarantee there's not gonna be any peanut stuff in there?' they likely would have said no, and recommended he go get a pint of ben & jerry's from the store.

For sure, no disagreement. Still it gets incredibly tiresome having to say that at every single store or restaurant so I understand the shortcuts.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Dude is a fucking asshole, but misdemeanors shouldn't ruin someone's life forever. I think it's funny how many of the same people that want sentencing reform also want to end people's lives over misdemeanors.

His life is already going to get pretty fucked from losing his job and dealing with the courts, I personally never want to work with him, but I don't think he and his family should have to live under a bridge either.

I hope he gets stuck working fast food and other shitty exploitative underpaid jobs since he seems to think he's so high and mighty and above fast food workers.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
For sure, no disagreement. Still it gets incredibly tiresome having to say that at every single store or restaurant so I understand the shortcuts.
Hey, I understand. I have a fructose sensitivity that thankfully is below the threshold of 'oops I had a little now I go to the hospital' but my GF has a rather obscene allergy to peppers, and not capsaicin but something in the skins, that wrecks her stomach if she has so much as a few flakes of bell pepper in her mexican food. It's unreal how many places make shit in advance, and HOW MUCH American cuisine has bell peppers when it's not even relevant.

Reactions: Muse

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018

Don't worry they won't