Merrill Lynch wealth adviser arrested, fired after calling teen smoothie shop worker an ‘immigrant loser’ and throwing a drink at her

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I just bought a Ninja. Never had a smoothie in my life. Figured eggs and meat everyday for breakfast needs a break. Saw the smoothie posted above your post and thought, I thought smoothies were supposed to be healthy.
Anyway, I use about 500ml of unsweetened Silk, with a 1 to 2 tbs of non-fat Greek yogurt, and fill to the fill line with the 3 berry mix that Costco sells. I found that the yogurt makes the blackberry seeds less irritating to my throat and makes it SMOOTH. Gona try a frozen mango version next.
Try my recipe of milk (I use nonfat), bananas and blueberries posted above. Apologies for maintaining the dumb foodie aspect here to anybody irritated.

Nov 17, 2019
I've gone to a lot of FF type places over the years (but almost none for the last 10+), but I don't think I've EVER asked them to personalize my order in any way.
I mean, you know, like the King of Burgers did a whole super massive campaign 'Have it YOUR way!', so it's not like they didn't expect or want special orders. And the Subway and Quizno's assembly lines .....

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Peanut butter and banana smoothies are a classic, you're missing out if you have never had one.
Rarely get smoothies, but never realized peanut butter is an option lol.

That video. Wow. Throwing a smoothie at a teenage girl, the attempt at control by demanding they hang up the phone and the clear racism. I'm sure there are a lot more episodes like these in his personal life.
He's very lucky he missed her face, he really launched that thing at her head.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Try my recipe of milk (I use nonfat), bananas and blueberries posted above. Apologies for maintaining the dumb foodie aspect here to anybody irritated.

My goto preworkout drink used be
- Banana
- Almond milk
- Scoop of peanut butter (to keep with the spirit of the thread topic)

Nov 17, 2019
I did more in the way of slushies last summer. Lots of ice with added fruits and flavors, often with milk or coconut milk. Along the way, I found that if I used frozen fruit, I could cut back on the ice.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
I will never share your belief that a life is ruined by loss of income, my perspective on life appear very different than yours. My life experiences are very different than yours.
If I lose everything tomorrow, I already know how I'll deal with it.

TBH, I think this is a great perspective. People should be ready to roll with life like this.

Still, I think people use "life is ruined" to varying degrees. It might mean that "everything I've worked toward is gone and no longer attainable" and it might mean "my heart has stopped beating and my brain activity has ceased functioning" and anything in between. Let's say a cop gets arrested and jailed on false charges. They lose years of life with their family, they are subjected to a horrible, unjust experience, and they can never do the job they love ever again. I have complete empathy for this person who would say their life was ruined because their life was being a cop and being free and being with their family. It doesn't mean that they can never see happiness or make a good life; it means that they can never have the life they had before. Hence, their life was ruined.

Our discussion is now irrelevant as this thread is turning into a foodie thread

I thought this thread was going to be about my fast food flashbacks :mad:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I mean, you know, like the King of Burgers did a whole super massive campaign 'Have it YOUR way!', so it's not like they didn't expect or want special orders. And the Subway and Quizno's assembly lines .....
The last place I went once in a while was Subway. I gave it up, decided they suck, doesn't matter what or how you order.

I hit Wendy's a few times the last few years for a take out chili, that's it.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I kind of adhere to what I call the "Nietzsche" rule for myself, which sort of inverts the hierarchy of responsibility/victimhood when making assessments for myself.

Basically works this way: in traditional law, the most powerless/most injured party has the least onus upon them while the most powerful party has the highest onus. You see this in traffic laws, where Pedestrians are on the top of the food chain, bikes next, then motorcycles/cars/trucks etc in terms of responsibility (car hits a pedestrian, car is at fault. Semi hits a car, semi is at fault etc).

The Neitzsche Rule basically means internally, the person with the most to lose has the most onus on them to make sure they stay out of the wheelchair and a recognition that the law is there to rectify the inequities, not give carte blanche for the powerless to act like they run the show.

In practice, this means I am hyper aware when crossing the street or doing anything where I may suffer physical or psychological harm, when I have seen other people blindly step into the road with the expectation that the cars have an obligation to know where they are and what they're doing.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yea, but where I grew up "Everybody goes to Gino's, cause Gino's is the place to go" chain, was really at the time, literally, the only place the had public bathrooms. (Gino's was a local DC chain that was spun off from Hot Shops restaurant, which was owned by....wait for it.....Mariott). Sorry for completely derailing this thread. :)

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I kind of adhere to what I call the "Nietzsche" rule for myself, which sort of inverts the hierarchy of responsibility/victimhood when making assessments for myself.

Basically works this way: in traditional law, the most powerless/most injured party has the least onus upon them while the most powerful party has the highest onus. You see this in traffic laws, where Pedestrians are on the top of the food chain, bikes next, then motorcycles/cars/trucks etc in terms of responsibility (car hits a pedestrian, car is at fault. Semi hits a car, semi is at fault etc).

The Neitzsche Rule basically means internally, the person with the most to lose has the most onus on them to make sure they stay out of the wheelchair and a recognition that the law is there to rectify the inequities, not give carte blanche for the powerless to act like they run the show.

In practice, this means I am hyper aware when crossing the street or doing anything where I may suffer physical or psychological harm, when I have seen other people blindly step into the road with the expectation that the cars have an obligation to know where they are and what they're doing.

Very wise of you.

Cheat-sheet version:

It doesn't matter who's right; it only matters who's left.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I've gone to a lot of FF type places over the years (but almost none for the last 10+), but I don't think I've EVER asked them to personalize my order in any way.

I hate mayonnaise on a burger so have to substitute mustard at about half of the burger joints.

Reactions: DaaQ

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I don't get fast food often at all anymore, but it seems like they've gotten much better at special orders. I'm guessing with improved screens, etc.
This was the problem with special orders when I worked at McDonalds (they only had one arch back then). Making the order was easy. Getting a special order into the register was ridiculously hard.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I hate mayonnaise on a burger so have to substitute mustard at about half of the burger joints.
I won't put mustard on a burger. Mayo is fine, also BBQ sauce or Heinz Ketchup. Gimme a slice of onion (red is best), lettuce, some great cheddar or maybe bleu cheese. There used to be a burger joint in Beverly Hills that was dynamite. This was back in the 60s, seems they're gone now because a search doesn't turn them up.

The Apple Pan will do in west L.A. Also, their pies rock.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I won't put mustard on a burger. Mayo is fine, also BBQ sauce or Heinz Ketchup. Gimme a slice of onion (red is best), lettuce, some great cheddar or maybe bleu cheese. There used to be a burger joint in Beverly Hills that was dynamite. This was back in the 60s, seems they're gone now because a search doesn't turn them up.

The only sauce that touches my food is BBQ.... Or Salsa/Queso.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

I think I stopped liking ketchup when I was about 9. I don't want anything sweet on my burger except occasionally caramelized onions (though usually I prefer raw on a burger). I'm low brow though, when I lived in LA and I wanted a burger it was either In N Out, Fatburger, or Tommy's. Especially Tommy's when I worked graveyard and could just roll up to the Tommy's on Beverley at 3AM for a messy ass lunch.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think I stopped liking ketchup when I was about 9.
They only ketchup I like is Heinz. Never have liked another. Always have some on hand. I have various uses for it.
The only sauce that touches my food is BBQ.... Or Salsa/Queso.
I also stock BBQ sauce, but I'm not as fussy what brand.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not fussy what I toss at smoothie shop girls. :D