Mechwarrior Online (Previously MW5/MW3015)

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... thats all i can say

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my many afterwork obligations this evening.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Grats, just don't post anything on the MWO forums. People have been retardedly posting stuff and losing Beta. Giving the rest of us Plebs a chance at amused mockery combined with head palming of another wasted slot.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
welp. from what ive seen, its definetly a beta. Lots of things need work. And either the net code needs work or the 9600gt i saw it running on just absolutely gets crushed by cryengine 3.

overall its pretty sweet though.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
welp. from what ive seen, its definetly a beta. Lots of things need work. And either the net code needs work or the 9600gt i saw it running on just absolutely gets crushed by cryengine 3.

I wouldn´t expect many new releases to run all that well on a 9600GT, unless you´re running a really low resolution.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002

Isn't a 9600GT just an 8800GT with very slight improvements or just a simple rebadge?

If so, that was mid/high end back in 2007 so a 5 year old video card trying to push one a modern, demanding game.

My vote goes on "Your graphics card is not suitable for much beyond the lowest settings".

And also there might be a forum where you can discuss something about this topic regarding what you might be involved with or may not be involved with. Either way I cannot say myself because I'm either not in or I can't tell you that I'm in.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
Isn't a 9600GT just an 8800GT with very slight improvements or just a simple rebadge?

If so, that was mid/high end back in 2007 so a 5 year old video card trying to push one a modern, demanding game.

My vote goes on "Your graphics card is not suitable for much beyond the lowest settings".

And also there might be a forum where you can discuss something about this topic regarding what you might be involved with or may not be involved with. Either way I cannot say myself because I'm either not in or I can't tell you that I'm in.

I´m pretty sure a 9600GT is actually slower than an 8800GT (by about 10% - 20%).

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
I wouldn´t expect many new releases to run all that well on a 9600GT, unless you´re running a really low resolution.

yea. ive had this card for a LONG time. i hate to upgrade it since its fanless and silent. I did want to get a PowerCooler 6850 that was fanless, but it was overpiced when newegg had it for $200. And now they dont have it at all, but Amazon had it last time i looked for $230. :(

so im saving up for a decent card with a fan. :(

ah well.

this is really the first graphically intense game ive played in years.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005

most things run well enough, but with this game set to low, it still chugs like a mofo when action is happeing. and forget about turning when theres a group. its borderline unplayable... borderline...

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005

it was upper mid range when i got it years ago. rest of the system is decent enough. Phenom 2 and 8gig o ram. its been a long time comming to upgrade, but i hate computer noise and i was holding out for a decent fanless card thats affordable.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
HydroSqueegee it is your card. But they also said that the latest patch performance got botched up as well. According to my friend that is.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I got a radeon 7850 XFX double fan graphics card earlier this year. If you hate fan noise, this should work for you. I can't even hear the fans unless I bump them to >80% fan speed (even at 100% its still quiet). Even 30% OCed with the fans on auto they never go above 40% speed, so to me, its essentially silent.

My computer is under my desk though, so if your comp is on your desk next to your head, then your mileage may vary slightly.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Fair enough, though in my defense too many in similar situations like yours never want to admit it is their hardware :D

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
Ive been eyeballing a 560Ti for a while, but after reading around, looks like the 7850 is the way to go. More than id like to pay, and the 40db range is god aweful loud, but it crushes everything in that price range. And i'll be set for another 5 years.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
7850 was what I was looking at myself, and foolishly decided to wait for the mid range nvidia cards. It overclocks well and is quiet stock, and doesn't draw much power. It's also fairly cool.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
7850 was what I was looking at myself, and foolishly decided to wait for the mid range nvidia cards. It overclocks well and is quiet stock, and doesn't draw much power. It's also fairly cool.

"quiet" is all relative. my system cant be heard except for hard drive clicks from where i sit. HUGE cooler and large fan.
im gonna get a db reading on it when i get home. then power on the file server right on top, which has some noise to it. if its in the 40db range, the new card shouldnt bother me too much.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I don't have one so I can't tell you, but my current 6850 is about 35 DB. The power supply fan is louder than it.

The 7950 should be around 40DB based on noise tests, obviously depends on the brand. Sapphire is relatively quiet while XFX tends to be really loud.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
welp... my rig runs at 20db. with the server on ontop of it, everything runs at 29db... and its kinda annoying to listen to.

im a stickler for silence. maybe ill find a decent aftermarket cooler.