McCain volunteer attacked and mutilated in Pittsburgh

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: jpeyton
LOLcats. Honestly, the news keeps getting worse and worse for McCain.

What's even funnier is in some of the Republican messageboards, people are trying to say that the Obama campaign planted her into McCain's campaign! :Q

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Yup, some type of mentally troubled woman. I wouldn't be suprised if she all the publicity *Joe the Plumber* was getting and wanted her own 15 mintues of fame.

We've seen numerous events where nooses and/or racial graffiti were reported to the police only to have been done by the supposed vicitm for attention or other purposes (Duke rape anyone?), I don't see how anyone can find this occurance all that surprising.

Yeah I saw Fox news report onoit last (Brit Hume's show), contrary tomay here, it was a brief mention and so reserved that I that the time it seemed they suspected it was faked. So no, they didn't *run with it* etc.

Fern

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Juddog

What's even funnier is in some of the Republican messageboards, people are trying to say that the Obama campaign planted her into McCain's campaign! :Q

Maybe that's how they got Palin, too. If so, it was brilliant, and it worked even better. :laugh:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I hope she didn?t permanently scar her face. Even though it looks like its only a welt that will go away in a few days.

but can you imagine if she did permanent damage? wow I'd hate to wake up to that every morning.

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: OrByte
I hope she didn?t permanently scar her face. Even though it looks like its only a welt that will go away in a few days.

but can you imagine if she did permanent damage? wow I'd hate to wake up to that every morning.

Well, since it didn't even break skin, I doubt she has to worry about scars and such.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ironwing
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Can't wait for Palin to bring up Joyce the Mutilated Victim in her next stump speech.

And if she had been attacked by a McCain supporter? You and every other Obamabot in here would be circlejerking over how evil, crazy, stupid, and intolerant the ENTIRE Republican party is because of this.

No. That the entire Republican party is evil, crazy, stupid, and intolerant has already been well established by their policies.

:thumbsup: Walked right into that one.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: HomerJS
I love this. You know Fox News and the GOP were ready to run this story into the ground knowing it would give white people on the fence about Obama another reason(Fox News logic not mine) not to vote for him. They wouldn't have to specifically mention race because it would already be in the story, and they knew that.

To quote Nelson form the Simpsons...HA - HA!!

Difference is Fox News waits to verify the accuracy of the story before running it to the ground, whereas MSM *cough rathergate* would run a story whether it's true or not and drag themselves down with it.

Are you fvcking kidding me? I hope that is sarcasm but given the subject and it being you I doubt it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

/facepalm

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Like people suggesting Joe The Plumber was a plant?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

Has the Obama campaign used this issue like the McCain campaign used, abused, and downright exploited Joe the Plumber?

Yaknow, sometimes you oughta ask yourself if what you're posting actually makes sense before you click reply.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic

Has the Obama campaign used this issue like the McCain campaign used, abused, and downright exploited Joe the Plumber?

Yaknow, sometimes you oughta ask yourself if what you're posting actually makes sense before you click reply.

I give that strawman an A for effort. Im almost impressed. Almost.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I like what Mike Moore said on Larry King, that Obama is not running against Mccain, Obama is running against stupidity.
Boy is THAT a true statement.!!!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic

I give that strawman an A for effort. Im almost impressed. Almost.

That's because you were the idiot with the straw man.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

I hope they arrest this lying piece of shit for making false statements to the cops. :|

ASCII and ye shall RECEIVII. From the article I posted, earlier:

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The good news is that all the extra impoverished thugs of the GWB economy are apolitical in their thuggery, the bad news are that there are many more impoverished thugs left behind with the GWB economy.

Get rich quick through thuggery is always an option, but those thugs love your wallet or purse, and do not hate your ideology.

Now that John McCain&co have sent the fraud so many get well cards, will they now appear as character wittiness's at her filing a false police report trial?

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
They showed her on tv, handcuffed and being put in a police car. No black eyes, so she used makeup. Honestly, that's what it looked like in the pictures to me.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I'll give AT P&N some credit, most people here were pretty skeptical. If you check some other messageboards people were ready to assemble a lynch mob to go after this fictitious attacker.