McCain volunteer attacked and mutilated in Pittsburgh

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: HomerJS
I love this. You know Fox News and the GOP were ready to run this story into the ground knowing it would give white people on the fence about Obama another reason(Fox News logic not mine) not to vote for him. They wouldn't have to specifically mention race because it would already be in the story, and they knew that.

To quote Nelson form the Simpsons...HA - HA!!

Difference is Fox News waits to verify the accuracy of the story before running it to the ground, whereas MSM *cough rathergate* would run a story whether it's true or not and drag themselves down with it.

Yeah guys, FOX always verifies its stories.

That's not an official news story, it's morning show gossip. Hardly the equivalent of a Dan Rather CBS news report.

Look man. There are times when you just need to give in. Fox, like all of the major news sources, has plenty of stories amongst their archives which spin all sorts of crap as a fact when the truth is they have no idea.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Are these pics of her with a backwards B on her face true?

lmao

Reminds me of a MN vs Iowa game in 2001. Some dumbass Iowa fan in her excitement of supporting her team spelled AWOI across her forehead. They showed it on ESPN after an Iowa TD. Poor thing, didnt have a friend to help her write it, was forced to use a mirror lol

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
Are these pics of her with a backwards B on her face true?

lmao

Reminds me of a MN vs Iowa game in 2001. Some dumbass Iowa fan in her excitement of supporting her team spelled AWOI across her forehead. They showed it on ESPN after an Iowa TD. Poor thing, didnt have a friend to help her write it, was forced to use a mirror lol

:laugh: too funny...

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Bullet, meet Foot

and sadly deeper into the story, there's linkage

'Todd worked in New York for the College Republican National Committee before moving two weeks ago to Pennsylvania,
where her duties included recruiting college students, the committee's executive director, Ethan Eilon, has said.'

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
LOL

well, it was hard to find an invisible, dyslexic, 200 pound 6'4" left handed black robber with a penchant for politics (so strong that he would risk getting caught mutilating his "victim" rather than robbing and running); carrying a dull knife along with a veritable surgeon's skill, capable of not actually cutting more than the surface level of skin on a writhing victim.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
We can all laugh about this now but we need to remember that it is lies like these that used to cost the lives of countless innocent African-Americans.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari
We can all laugh about this now but we need to remember that it is lies like these that used to cost the lives of countless innocent African-Americans.

Yes, I agree. Beyond the laughs it is important to truly remember why such behavior is absolutely unacceptable.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
I love this. You know Fox News and the GOP were ready to run this story into the ground knowing it would give white people on the fence about Obama another reason(Fox News logic not mine) not to vote for him. They wouldn't have to specifically mention race because it would already be in the story, and they knew that.

Difference is Fox News waits to verify the accuracy of the story before running it to the ground, whereas MSM *cough rathergate* would run a story whether it's true or not and drag themselves down with it.

Yeah guys, FOX always verifies its stories.

That's not an official news story, it's morning show gossip. Hardly the equivalent of a Dan Rather CBS news report.

Frankly, I'm surprised you give such high standards to the apparently "liberal agenda left wing media whore" by calling it an official news report and liken the journalistic style of Fox to "morning show tabloid."

Yes, we all know that these News agencies take a different approach to their reporting, "disguising" their news in all manner of ways...I'm just shocked that you'd so freely admit it...

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Well at least all the d-bags in this thread who were chastising other posters for questioning the validity of this made-up story had the dignity to admit they were wrong and apologize..

They did that, right?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
what a stupid stupid girl.

For her sake I hope she is mentally unstable.

No person should make up stories like this. Its hard enough to tell from the real victims or the fake victims these days. her bullsh!t story doesnt help matters.

and that is not even taking into account the heightened racial tension and political environment we live in today because of the election.

what a stupid girl.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

Fox News was already covering this story more then the MSM. BTW - Since Fox says they have the highest ratings on cable for news how are they not part of the MSM?

Second why did those boneheads McCain and Palin get personally involved? Answer, they were getting prepared for the race baiting.

This really bugs me....since when is Fox News not part of the MSM? I thought it was one of the highest rated cable news networks (if not the highest).

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I for one, welcome our new backward-B-carving, dark-skinned black male overlords.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: tallest1
I wonder how many right-winger websites are deleting their pro-Todd pages right now?

lulz.

I wonder how many far right wingnuts are editing their very posts in this thread right now?

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Bullet, meet Foot

and sadly deeper into the story, there's linkage

'Todd worked in New York for the College Republican National Committee before moving two weeks ago to Pennsylvania,
where her duties included recruiting college students, the committee's executive director, Ethan Eilon, has said.'

ROFLMAO!

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
If she was smart (well...) she'd hightail it to some place where there really are no 6'4" black guys (Wasilla maybe?) I don't think she's endeared herself to the black community with this stunt.

Ashleigh Todd. Remember the name.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: Dari

Yes, I agree. Beyond the laughs it is important to truly remember why such behavior is absolutely unacceptable.

As a Black man i'm torn. I hate that every time someone stages a fake robbery/kidnapping they say it was a big black man in order to sound more believable. Thankfully we live in a time, where they no longer find the nearest black man and string him up.

On the other hand, i don't think this woman is just malicious, I think she's pretty disconnected from reality. There's no way she could have thought this through in a logical fashion and arrived at this plan. I pity her more than anything. Not only does she have problems, she now a national joke.

I'm sure that once I see her cashing in on her fame, doing her 20th interview and weighing offers to appear in playboy, i'll reconsider my pity.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
LOLcats. Honestly, the news keeps getting worse and worse for McCain.