Mass shooting in Toronto.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Jackass. A little girl just died and you drop in to take a shit. Fuck you.

My condolences to her and her family. Now call that fucking asshole what he is. Bet you won't. Why will you people never call these evil perps by their proper identity? I'll tell you why. Because you're a typical leftist, protectionist, operating under the "diversity, or you're a racist" mantra. You asshats will continue to do it because you think, letting "everyone" in, is being kind and being liberal. Wake up, dip shit! Not everyone you let in are "good people". Some of them might be, but some of them are also rapists, drug dealers and murderers, or people of an ideology that wants to kill you, because you do not subscribe to their religion or political movement. That person was such an example. Call him out for what he is.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
My condolences to her and her family. Now call that fucking asshole what he is. Bet you won't. Why will you people never call these evil perps by their proper identity? I'll tell you why. Because you're a typical leftist, protectionist, operating under the "diversity, or you're a racist" mantra. You asshats will continue to do it because you think, letting "everyone" in, is being kind and being liberal. Wake up, dip shit! Not everyone you let in are "good people". Some of them might be, but some of them are also rapists, drug dealers and murderers, or people of an ideology that wants to kill you, because you do not subscribe to their religion or political movement. That person was such an example. Call him out for what he is.

He was a mentally ill person who supported Muslim extremism -- he'd had police run-ins over his mental health since 2010, or well before ISIS was even a thing. That also means he'd been in Canada for a long time (possibly most of his life), so he was not some obvious unhinged extremist who'd just entered the country a couple of years ago. Would you like to start banning all Muslim immigrants on the chance they might eventually, possibly, maybe become extremists and/or mentally ill?

And here's the thing. Yes, those of us on the left know that there's a chance bad people could get in if you have a welcoming immigration policy. But we also know that it's not worth labeling entire countries or religious groups as threats because a handful of their people who come to your country as immigrants might become extremists one day. Of course, use thorough screening to catch the people who already are extremists; but don't punish the clear majority of innocent immigrants in the process.

You do know you're being manipulated, right? That people like Trump (not just him, to be clear) purposefully wind you up, making you think that a large number of Muslim immigrants are ticking time bombs, or that a significant number of Mexican immigrants are MS-13 members just itching to commit crimes the moment they get legal status? Hell, you've made all kinds of assumptions (at least some of them already flawed) about Faisal Hussain based on a very incomplete picture that boils down to his name and a small piece of his ideology. I don't think we should be completely naive about immigration, but nor should we give into the bigots who want us to indulge in their fearmongering.

Reactions: Younigue

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
If only the perp had been of Middle Eastern origin, you and Trump would be blaming 1.5 billion people who had nothing to with it and calling for 7 million+ Americans who had nothing to do with it to have their 1a rights revoked. Because freedom and the Constitution or something like that.

Or if the meanies at the NRA didn't make people buy guns.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
So you're missing the point entirely?

'Thoughts and Prayers" have become a joke. The politicians saying it don't give a shit about the lives lost. Their every action proves it. They deserve to be told to shove them up their assess. It's become (from them) an insensitive thing, almost a cruel thing to say. They're bought and paid for by the NRA who stop just short of promoting mass murder (the exceptionally crazy gun heads absolutely believe the NRA are in fact promoting it and the NRA is perfectly fine with that). I will always trash on those fu*ks for extending worthless words. If it were true empathy they were experiencing they'd cut all ties with the NRA and take steps regardless of how small to work on the problem. The majority of Americans want some sort of gun reform.

It's a bunch of bullshit for you to try and dictate how people feel about false thoughts and prayers.

Here's a hint: their "thoughts" are The NRA sure wouldn't like if I said anything about gun reform. Their "prayers" are please never let the money I get from the NRA stop finding its way in to my pocket. <---- That's what you're defending.

More gun violence brought to you by the meanies at the NRA? Is the NRA a secret shadow government in Canada like they are in the USA? The real problem is the guy had severe mental issues and was not helped or identified as a threat to society. I guess it's easier to blame the NRA than to come to the conclusion that societies are breaking down and that needs to be addressed. I theorize that if people did that, it would be a threat to the end goals of the Liberal/Progressive agenda.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
More gun violence brought to you by the meanies at the NRA? Is the NRA a secret shadow government in Canada like they are in the USA? The real problem is the guy had severe mental issues and was not helped or identified as a threat to society. I guess it's easier to blame the NRA than to come to the conclusion that societies are breaking down and that needs to be addressed. I theorize that if people did that, it would be a threat to the end goals of the Liberal/Progressive agenda.

The irony is that Republicans are gutting mental health care resources, and Trump axed Obama-era checks that prevented some mentally ill people from getting guns. So either way, you have to turn to the liberal/progressive camp if you want the problem fixed.

Reactions: Younigue

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
He supported ISIS, but was not directly ISIS directed. But, he is, exactly, what the media tried to hide from you, not a white guy, but a radical Islamist extremist. Keep it up, Trudeau!
WTF are you going on about? There's cause to want to keep that a low key part of the story. How do you not comprehend that? What it boils down to is he was a sick fu*k with a gun!

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Geezuz fu*k you're a piece of shit who has somehow managed to figure out how to breath in only stupid. You're a disease brandon. There is nothing of value within you. You're a heap of trash that just got up and started walking and talking one day but its speech is shit and nothing will ever be able to change that.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
"Make"? Nah they just encourage fear and hate to the dumb and volatile. That seems clever to you? You are a true idiot and an asshole. The NRA aren't meanies, they straight up an evil organization. If they were once a valuable organization they no longer are. Money, greed and political agenda propel them now and if you don't think that means they target the worst of America then you truly are too stupid and have no business believing you have anything of value to add to any conversation ever.

But the NRA likes ya being stupid so for them and Trump and Russia, keep it up. You feed them well.

Nov 25, 2013

Fuck you yet again you ignorant jackass.

'No evidence to support' ISIS claim of responsibility for Danforth shooting: Saunders

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/isis-claiming-responsibility-for-danforth-shooting

Here’s a look at some misinformation being spread about Toronto mass shooter Faisal Hussain

https://globalnews.ca/news/4352159/faisal-hussain-toronto-shooter-fake-news/

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The NRA doesn't make people buy guns, of course. What the NRA does it make it so there is nothing that lawabiding people can do to stop the wrong people (ie the mentally ill, criminals, etc) from buying guns.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

What is being accomplished by "calling him out for what he is" except to use fearmongering and guilt by association to try to satisfy your desire to have all of those people (including the good ones) killed because they don't subscribe to your religion and/or political movement?

Apr 27, 2012
He was a mentally ill person who supported Muslim extremism -- he'd had police run-ins over his mental health since 2010, or well before ISIS was even a thing. That also means he'd been in Canada for a long time (possibly most of his life), so he was not some obvious unhinged extremist who'd just entered the country a couple of years ago. Would you like to start banning all Muslim immigrants on the chance they might eventually, possibly, maybe become extremists and/or mentally ill?

And here's the thing. Yes, those of us on the left know that there's a chance bad people could get in if you have a welcoming immigration policy. But we also know that it's not worth labeling entire countries or religious groups as threats because a handful of their people who come to your country as immigrants might become extremists one day. Of course, use thorough screening to catch the people who already are extremists; but don't punish the clear majority of innocent immigrants in the process.

You do know you're being manipulated, right? That people like Trump (not just him, to be clear) purposefully wind you up, making you think that a large number of Muslim immigrants are ticking time bombs, or that a significant number of Mexican immigrants are MS-13 members just itching to commit crimes the moment they get legal status? Hell, you've made all kinds of assumptions (at least some of them already flawed) about Faisal Hussain based on a very incomplete picture that boils down to his name and a small piece of his ideology. I don't think we should be completely naive about immigration, but nor should we give into the bigots who want us to indulge in their fearmongering.

Yet you attacked me and claimed I was wrong.

Nov 25, 2013
What is being accomplished by "calling him out for what he is" except to use fearmongering and guilt by association to try to satisfy your desire to have all of those people (including the good ones) killed because they don't subscribe to your religion and/or political movement?

So far there is no information leading to anything that needs "calling him out for what he is" other than what the propaganda mills are churning out and jerks like him are eating up and asking for seconds.

As I linked above:

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/isis-claiming-responsibility-for-danforth-shooting

https://globalnews.ca/news/4352159/faisal-hussain-toronto-shooter-fake-news/

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yet you attacked me and claimed I was wrong.

Here's the thing: you assumed he was an extremist because of his name. That article you cited at first? No mention of extremism, or even that he was religious. I was not saying he wasn't extremist; I was saying that you made the assumption he was an extremist with a very incomplete picture of who he was, and you lied that the media was trying to hide his identity.

Moreover, we still don't know his actual motives. In fact, we do know that he had no connection to ISIS or other extremist groups, so while I certainly wouldn't rule out religious motivations, this was not an 'official' terrorist attack, and quite possibly not a terrorist attack at all given his psychosis. But here's the important part: I'm not making assumptions about his goals until I have evidence. You, however, don't have problems making illogical leaps.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

That is not the fear.... terrorism. The real fear is the replacement of Western secular values for Muslim values. As an example of this, it can be argued that this happening in England as we speak. The throttling of free speech and suppression of the press appears mainly targeted at preventing the spread of information about Muslim child grooming and rape gangs. They have not yet suppressed the prison stats that have Muslims being 15% of that population although only being 5% of the overall population nor that there are now Muslim no-go zones throughout Western Europe. More subtlety England is erasing beautiful women in bikinis from sporting events/posters because it "demeans" women. This is the kind of prudishness that evangelical Christians and devout Muslims are both down with.

I am unaware of even one primarily Muslim country that has values or a society that resembles anything a Western person would want to live in. I am not down with killing gays, I don't approve of hating the Jews, I don't want a theocracy, I believe female genital mutilation is wrong, I believe that fathers forcing their daughters/wife to wear burkas is bad, I don't believe there exists a proper way to beat your wife, I believe honor killings are barbaric, etc.... All of these practices are COMMON throughout the Muslim world. I have seen little evidence in Europe that Muslims are adapting to European culture at all.... everything appears to be going the other way..... liberal secular values being dispensed with via authoritarianism.

Why is only one religion the "religion of peace". Why are we constantly told by the media told how great Islam is and that we need more Muslims in America? Is there something wrong with Hindus and Buddhists? How many terrorist attacks have Buddhists/Hindus perpetrated in America?

My brother has befriended a Muslim gas station owner across the street from his house. He genuinely likes the dude and talks with him all the time. This is a productive law abiding immigrant who came to our country in the last two decades. This guy told my brother that one day Islam would rule over America, that it was inevitable. This is something that I do not want for my descendants. The secularization of Islam is one of the greatest needs for civilization.... and in many respects Islam as it practiced today in much of the world seems less secular than it was in the 60s. It is also the fastest growing religion in the world and is spreading rapidly in the West.

The threat of corporations is far higher right now of course. It is ironic what is happening in San Francisco where 1%ers from around the world are swooping in and booting out the liberal middle class turning it into a caste like society. Soon it will be only filthy wealthy techies and a bunch of poor homeless people who are crapping on the streets and leaving their needles everywhere. San Francisco's world famous artist community will not exist at all in 10 years.... bet on it. This shows that even when your city is heavily liberal, power men with money will get their way.... every time. I think of FoxConn and it makes me ill, the last thing any community needs is a mammoth multinational corporation moving in...... the very last thing a community needs.

All that fucking money.... billions in wealth.... and this is what they come up with...
A tent on a sidewalk is the only place thousands of San Franciscans have to call home. But if a few of the city’s tech billionaires and millionaires have their way, even that shelter could be taken away.

Sequoia Capital chairman Michael Moritz, tech angel investor Ron Conway, and hedge-fund investor William Oberndorf have donated $49,999 apiece to a divisive ballot measure intended to clear San Francisco’s streets of homeless encampments, according to campaign filings.

Zachary Bogue, a tech investor best known as husband to the Yahoo CEO, Marissa Mayer, also pitched in $2,500.

Those sums may be chump change to the likes of Moritz (net worth $3.1bn), but they account for the majority of the approximately $270,000 campaign chest.

Proposition Q purports to address the most visible symptom of the city’s ongoing homelessness crisis, tent cities that crowd the sidewalks in certain neighborhoods. To the city’s housed residents, the encampments serve as a visceral reminder of the city’s gaping inequality – or as a nuisance that they wish would go away.

The proposed law would amend the city’s police code to ban tent encampments on city sidewalks. The city would be required to offer residents of an encampment 24 hours’ notice and a shelter bed or a bus ticket out of town, before being authorized to confiscate their tents and other belongings. The city would be required to store those belongings for up to 90 days.

“I strongly believe that it is not compassionate to allow human beings to live on our city streets,” wrote the measure’s author, supervisor Mark Farrell, in an op-ed. “Let’s help get the homeless into housing, not tents.”

Opponents of the measure point out that the proposed law does not include any funding for additional housing or shelters, and the city’s existing shelters have long waiting lists for beds.

“With Proposition Q, we’re just taking away someone’s tent and making them sleep on the cold concrete,” said Jennifer Friedenbach, executive director of the Coalition on Homelessness. “They’re not going to disappear.”

Moreover, city workers already perform regular sweeps of homeless encampments, often working with groups of residents living in specific areas over the course of a few days or weeks to place people in shelters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42907570

https://www.sfgate.com/expensive-sa...ing-sf-bay-area-grass-is-greener-12382578.php

Reactions: SP33Demon
Nov 25, 2013
Danforth shooter ‘was afraid he was going to hurt people’

"As a student at Victoria Park Collegiate Institute, Faisal Hussain was a “very disturbed” young man who spoke “a lot about the pain he was in and the voices that he heard,” says the former head of special education at the high school.

Enrolled in Focus on Success, a separate program for at-risk students, the skinny teen frequently voiced a fear he might hurt someone, and once repeatedly cut into his face with a pencil sharpener blade, prompting a call to police, says educator Jenessa Dworet.

“He was really scared of himself,” said Dworet. “He was afraid he was going to hurt people. He was very obsessed with guns.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...r-was-afraid-he-was-going-to-hurt-people.html

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
So you're missing the point entirely?

I get your point, and while I can empathize with where you are coming from, I reject your point.

'Thoughts and Prayers" have become a joke.

Only to you and people like you. Only.

The politicians saying it don't give a shit about the lives lost. Their every action proves it.

They may disagree with your particular solution, but that isn't evidence that they want this to happen...it is only evidence that you think your solution so superior that you can't fathom how someone might disagree with it unless they just don't give a shit. This is very common in tribalistic thinking: if people don't agree with my political solutions it can only be because they are uncaring pieces of dick.

They're bought and paid for by the NRA who stop just short of promoting mass murder (the exceptionally crazy gun heads absolutely believe the NRA are in fact promoting it and the NRA is perfectly fine with that). I will always trash on those fu*ks for extending worthless words.

Why not trash them for promoting mass murder instead of worthless words? Which is worse: supporting mass murder or saying worthless words? You're focus is on attacking the "worthless" words. Why is that your angle? You literally think people support mass shootings. HOLY FUCK ATTACK THAT!

Do you only trash the politicians for this or do you trash everyone who doesn't agree with your gun solution? The trashing I've seen lately is directed at ANYONE who says these words. I believe it should stop...at least be redirected. It lumps a whole lot of sympathetic people in with the politicians that you think are such mother bitches. Consider this: it is entirely possible for people to empathize and care about gun victims while not supporting your particular gun-violence solutions. It is.

If it were true empathy they were experiencing they'd cut all ties with the NRA and take steps regardless of how small to work on the problem. The majority of Americans want some sort of gun reform.

The single biggest step we could take in reducing gun violence in the U.S. and in Central and South America would be to end the war on drugs. It is by far the quickest, easiest, life-savingest, money-savingest, drug-reducingest, winningest thing we could do. How would you feel if I trashed the shit out of you every time you expressed sympathy but didn't support this solution, which is likely far superior to your vague "some sort of gun reform"? You would probably feel like I'm being an asshole. You might even be right. It's my job to convince you, not to shit on you.

It's a bunch of bullshit for you to try and dictate how people feel about false thoughts and prayers.

It's far more bullshitish to claim that the thoughts and prayers are false because the people who offer them don't support your solution. I'm not dictating anyting to you. Just pointing out that you are behaving as if you are a tribalistic judgmental asshole. It's your choice if you want to consider that people might have different opinions that you do without them being murder loving ass-suckers.

Here's a hint: their "thoughts" are The NRA sure wouldn't like if I said anything about gun reform. Their "prayers" are please never let the money I get from the NRA stop finding its way in to my pocket. <---- That's what you're defending.

I am defending offering up empathy, and that's it. You are attacking it. You should examine yourself and reconsider what is worth shitting on.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
The guy is a fucking troll. He, in my opinion, was being a dick. I said so. End of story. Got nothing more to say. Defend his shit to someone who cares.

Do you understand I'm not defending him? Of course you don't.

The first thing I expect in any gun violence thread on ATPN is multiple assholes shitting on the concept of thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers are not wrong. Don't shit on them. Saying happy birthday, offering condolences to someone who lost a loved one, or wishing a good day to the cashier at Taco Bell are not wrong. Regardless of which "team" said it. Please identify the thing that was wrong for me. You already did, so I bet you can do it again. Then attack that thing. Enough of the "thoughts and prayers" condescension.

Nov 25, 2013
Do you understand I'm not defending him? Of course you don't.

The first thing I expect in any gun violence thread on ATPN is multiple assholes shitting on the concept of thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers are not wrong. Don't shit on them. Saying happy birthday, offering condolences to someone who lost a loved one, or wishing a good day to the cashier at Taco Bell are not wrong. Regardless of which "team" said it. Please identify the thing that was wrong for me. You already did, so I bet you can do it again. Then attack that thing. Enough of the "thoughts and prayers" condescension.

I do not believe for one second that what the person in question wrote had anything to do with empathy.

And that wraps up my end of this 'conversation'.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I get your point, and while I can empathize with where you are coming from, I reject your point.

Only to you and people like you. Only.

They may disagree with your particular solution, but that isn't evidence that they want this to happen...it is only evidence that you think your solution so superior that you can't fathom how someone might disagree with it unless they just don't give a shit. This is very common in tribalistic thinking: if people don't agree with my political solutions it can only be because they are uncaring pieces of dick.

Why not trash them for promoting mass murder instead of worthless words? Which is worse: supporting mass murder or saying worthless words? You're focus is on attacking the "worthless" words. Why is that your angle? You literally think people support mass shootings. HOLY FUCK ATTACK THAT!

Do you only trash the politicians for this or do you trash everyone who doesn't agree with your gun solution? The trashing I've seen lately is directed at ANYONE who says these words. I believe it should stop...at least be redirected. It lumps a whole lot of sympathetic people in with the politicians that you think are such mother bitches. Consider this: it is entirely possible for people to empathize and care about gun victims while not supporting your particular gun-violence solutions. It is.

The single biggest step we could take in reducing gun violence in the U.S. and in Central and South America would be to end the war on drugs. It is by far the quickest, easiest, life-savingest, money-savingest, drug-reducingest, winningest thing we could do. How would you feel if I trashed the shit out of you every time you expressed sympathy but didn't support this solution, which is likely far superior to your vague "some sort of gun reform"? You would probably feel like I'm being an asshole. You might even be right. It's my job to convince you, not to shit on you.

It's far more bullshitish to claim that the thoughts and prayers are false because the people who offer them don't support your solution. I'm not dictating anyting to you. Just pointing out that you are behaving as if you are a tribalistic judgmental asshole. It's your choice if you want to consider that people might have different opinions that you do without them being murder loving ass-suckers.

I am defending offering up empathy, and that's it. You are attacking it. You should examine yourself and reconsider what is worth shitting on.
It's not empathy. Nothing about their actions prove that they care. It's really not a complicated concept.

I didn't go so far as to say politicians want it to happen. I don't think they do. But they are most definitely not putting themselves in the victims shoes when they're sending their thoughts and prayers. They're thanking their stars it wasn't them or their loved ones.

Yes, I trash every one who supports gun laws being what they currently are. I trash every one who thinks guns are a human/civilian right. ... Not just the poor misunderstood politicians.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

While I agree with a lot of your post, I think we will agree that ALL shooters are mentally ill. I didn't see the leftists here talking about mental illness when Dylan the Nazi shot up the black church in SC? They are all mentally ill, whether they were treated in the past or not is another discussion for another time when people should be held accountable if they failed to notice it (like the FBI in the FL shooter's case).

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It's not empathy. Nothing about their actions prove that they care. It's really not a complicated concept.

I didn't go so far as to say politicians want it to happen. I don't think they do. But they are most definitely not putting themselves in the victims shoes when they're sending their thoughts and prayers. They're thanking their stars it wasn't them or their loved ones.

Yes, I trash every one who supports gun laws being what they currently are. I trash every one who thinks guns are a human/civilian right. ... Not just the poor misunderstood politicians.
Then you want to trash the Constitution. Why do you hate the Constitution? Gun rights are mandated by 2a. Yes, even you can own one.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Then you want to trash the Constitution. Why do you hate the Constitution? Gun rights are mandated by 2a. Yes, even you can own one.
Trashing an outdated nonsensical constitution in regard to 2A. Yes, I hate it.

Apr 27, 2012
Here's the thing: you assumed he was an extremist because of his name. That article you cited at first? No mention of extremism, or even that he was religious. I was not saying he wasn't extremist; I was saying that you made the assumption he was an extremist with a very incomplete picture of who he was, and you lied that the media was trying to hide his identity.

Moreover, we still don't know his actual motives. In fact, we do know that he had no connection to ISIS or other extremist groups, so while I certainly wouldn't rule out religious motivations, this was not an 'official' terrorist attack, and quite possibly not a terrorist attack at all given his psychosis. But here's the important part: I'm not making assumptions about his goals until I have evidence. You, however, don't have problems making illogical leaps.

Only problem is I was right. The family also has a professional spin doctor working with them.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4351650/toronto-mass-shooting-islamic-state-no-evidence/

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1532470945

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
wow, nice find.
It was provided by Mohammed Hashim, a full-time organizer for the Toronto & York Region Labour Council. Social media accounts belonging to Hashim show him heavily involved in supporting NDP candidates both federally and provincially in Ontario. He’s also described as a driving force behind the National Council of Canadian Muslims.

“His groundbreaking political advocacy, public relations and media work has been widely credited by insiders as framing a new narrative for Muslims in Canada,” says a bio of Hashim connected to an appearance he made at CanRoots 2016, a left-wing activist conference.

Just as everyone and their moms expected.

Reactions: Incorruptible