Mass shooting in Toronto.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
If you feel the need to prove yourself so badly, you're gonna have to come to me on the west coast to do it. Otherwise, I don't give a shit.
I told younigue where I'm at, come at me bro if you want to get in shape.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I most definitely can not hang with any work out. My weight is spot on but my rheumatoid arthritis will prohibit me from squatting or lifting even 5 pounds or holding a pair of tweezers. You can imagine how bummed I am that given the givens I can never earn your respect. Aww shucks!

You're missing the point knucklehead, I don't care if what you're bragging about is true or not. I am making fun of you for how insecure you are to have to talk about it. I swear to you, the fact that you do ALWAYS shows how weak, small and important you feel 100% of the time.
That's fine, I'm not going to knock you b/c of a disability, in fact props for revealing that.

I'm a braggert with a big ego, what's your point? I'm proud of my hard work and dedication paying off in life. I'm proud of knowing pain that 99% of the fellas here will never know nor have the dedication to get to elite levels of powerlifting. We are the few who were crazy enough to push our bodies to that level. I've also met one of the conservative regulars here in person, it's probably in my posting history from a few years back if you're really bored. Go ask him what I look like and if I'm real. I'm a pretty sociable person and like meeting ATers whether we disagree or not. Politics ain't life and death to me just b/c I like/dislike a party or political figure. IRL most people would say I'm "full of life" or "charismatic" or "talkative".

Reactions: highland145
Nov 25, 2013
Bit of an update. Looking more and more like, as is so often the case, mental health issues.

Gunman in Danforth rampage had prior contact with police: source

'New details are emerging about the gunman in Toronto's deadly Danforth shooting rampage Sunday night.

CBC News has learned from a source close to his family that Faisal Hussain, 29, was apprehended twice by police while he was under the age of 18. A police source confirmed his prior interaction with authorities involved mental health problems.

Toronto police searched Hussain's apartment in the Thorncliffe Park neighbourhood on Monday, but have released no potential motive for the shooting.

Asked Tuesday if there was any reason to believe Hussain had expressed support for any extremist groups, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Public Safety downplayed any national security concerns.

"There is no national security nexus at this time," Hilary Peirce said in an email to CBC News."

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I told younigue where I'm at, come at me bro if you want to get in shape.
I suspect he'd choose better company than you. Don't you? But you do seem like you're looking for some buddies. Your approach is rough. I don't like your chances.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
That's fine, I'm not going to knock you b/c of a disability, in fact props for revealing that.

I'm a braggert with a big ego, what's your point? I'm proud of my hard work and dedication paying off in life. I'm proud of knowing pain that 99% of the fellas here will never know nor have the dedication to get to elite levels of powerlifting. We are the few who were crazy enough to push our bodies to that level. I've also met one of the conservative regulars here in person, it's probably in my posting history from a few years back if you're really bored. Go ask him what I look like and if I'm real. I'm a pretty sociable person and like meeting ATers whether we disagree or not. Politics ain't life and death to me just b/c I like/dislike a party or political figure. IRL most people would say I'm "full of life" or "charismatic" or "talkative".
Then why not just stick with 'I'm a hard worker?' Shows humility while also subtly acknowledging you got it going on... Ya know except that you of course are a garbage person due to your support of Trump in any fashion.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Then why not just stick with 'I'm a hard worker?' Shows humility while also subtly acknowledging you got it going on... Ya know except that you of course are a garbage person due to your support of Trump in any fashion.
Probably due to high testosterone from lifting. Humility isn't my strong suit but that should be obvious.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

I'm not a fan of body building in general. Dated a Marine once. Wonderful in so many ways but uncomfortable as hell to cuddle with. Also he was completely obsessed with himself. I made fun of him endlessly. Not the brightest of fellas either.

I told you already I don't care if it's true or not what you look like physically. Your insides are ugly. I have dated model looking type dudes and some unfortunate looking dudes. My take away was/is if the person is ugly on the inside they become exceptionally ugly on the outside. Doesn't seem to be something you concern yourself with. I doubt very seriously I would find you charismatic and I would likely find your love of life suspect. My bullshit meter is very good. There is zero chance the depth of your shittiness in here doesn't translate to real life because of how bold your personality is. The very fact that you must denigrate other people in your description of yourself says everything about you and none of it has to do with your body building or dedication to it. In fact it's coming in a hard last place with what you show here on the forum. Your self worth is so very superficial. But you don't stop there, no, you pile on by being ugly.

But I do wish better for you. I do hope you'll one day very soon decide to be a better person in all ways. You know what? You can do that AND still body build and be proud of your efforts.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Thoughts and prayers have become a platitude in response to mass shootings and you know it. They're empty, useless and worthless.

No more worthless than saying "happy birthday" to someone. Well wishes are never useless and worthless. Shitting on someone for expressing them seems empty, useless and worthless.

Reactions: SP33Demon

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I'm not a fan of body building in general. Dated a Marine once. Wonderful in so many ways but uncomfortable as hell to cuddle with. Also he was completely obsessed with himself. I made fun of him endlessly. Not the brightest of fellas either.

I told you already I don't care if it's true or not what you look like physically. Your insides are ugly. I have dated model looking type dudes and some unfortunate looking dudes. My take away was/is if the person is ugly on the inside they become exceptionally ugly on the outside. Doesn't seem to be something you concern yourself with. I doubt very seriously I would find you charismatic and I would likely find your love of life suspect. My bullshit meter is very good. There is zero chance the depth of your shittiness in here doesn't translate to real life because of how bold your personality is. The very fact that you must denigrate other people in your description of yourself says everything about you and none of it has to do with your body building or dedication to it. In fact it's coming in a hard last place with what you show here on the forum. Your self worth is so very superficial. But you don't stop there, no, you pile on by being ugly.

But I do wish better for you. I do hope you'll one day very soon decide to be a better person in all ways. You know what? You can do that AND still body build and be proud of your efforts.
Well thanks, I appreciate the olive branch. I actually don't bodybuild, I powerlift which is a little different - we try to get the heaviest lifts in 3 events - squat, benchpress, and deadlift. It's a lot tougher than body building since most pro bodybuilders are enhanced. We are drug tested at every meet to ensure fairness. It's one of the nicest communities I've ever found since both men and women compete and everyone is rooting for each other to make the lifts at competitions (despite the egos) I'm not currently competing due to a child being born.

Yeah, I'm a pretty bold person for sure. However, to suggest my love life is suspect is funny to me. If I posted a pic of my wife most of you straight fellas would be fapping immediately, especially if you saw our pics from Playa Del Carmen where I took her for her bday in our swimsuits. She has zero complaints other than I need to unload the dishwasher more often haha.

Anyways, I don't know what you mean by me being a better person but I'll try. Only for you guys /wink

Nov 25, 2013
What was it?

It was a fucking troll. His main point was to make sure that he got the Arabic sounding name of the guy who did the killing into the post and tossed off an empty platitude as well. The guy is a troll. That's what he does here and I simply expressed my 'feels' at his trolling.

So sad. :(

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Well thanks, I appreciate the olive branch. I actually don't bodybuild, I powerlift which is a little different - we try to get the heaviest lifts in 3 events - squat, benchpress, and deadlift. It's a lot tougher than body building since most pro bodybuilders are enhanced. We are drug tested at every meet to ensure fairness. It's one of the nicest communities I've ever found since both men and women compete and everyone is rooting for each other to make the lifts at competitions (despite the egos) I'm not currently competing due to a child being born.

Yeah, I'm a pretty bold person for sure. However, to suggest my love life is suspect is funny to me. If I posted a pic of my wife most of you straight fellas would be fapping immediately, especially if you saw our pics from Playa Del Carmen where I took her for her bday in our swimsuits. She has zero complaints other than I need to unload the dishwasher more often haha.

Anyways, I don't know what you mean by me being a better person but I'll try. Only for you guys /wink
LOL firstable, I'm not a dude. Secondly, I didn't say love life. I said love of life because you said you have a love for life or something like that. I don't care one iota what your wife looks like but I do hope she's a decent human being.

*edit ~ not so much an olive branch as a willingness to see something better in you than your posts suggest. I'm cynical of you cultists though so I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited:

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
It was a fucking troll. His main point was to make sure that he got the Arabic sounding name of the guy who did the killing into the post and tossed off an empty platitude as well. The guy is a troll. That's what he does here and I simply expressed my 'feels' at his trolling.

So sad. :(

Then why wasn't your feels directed toward the actual trolling part (Arabic name BS)? In my opinion "thoughts and prayers" needs to stop being the target of anger. It isn't wrong to express well wishes and you aren't the only one in this thread with dickish comments about it. At this point, in any thread about a shooting, I expect assholes to jump in and mock thoughts and prayers well before anyone actually expresses it. Don't be one of them.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
LOL firstable, I'm not a dude. Secondly, I didn't say love life. I said love of life because you said you have a love for life or something like that. I don't care one iota what your wife looks like but I do hope she's a decent human being.

*edit ~ not so much an olive branch as a willingness to see something better in you than your posts suggest. I'm cynical of you cultists though so I don't hold out much hope.
Well if it makes you feel better my wife worked for both W and Obama (who I both hated) and we're minorities. She can't stand Trump but she likes my manliness which is apparently rare among the Democrats these days. We are friends with another couple where the hubby is also conservative and wife liberal. We joke that our wives are becoming more conservative since we got them out of the shithole city. In the end, women just want a man who will take charge and not be a pussy in my opinion. Political affiliation shouldn't matter much, if anything religion/finance management/how they handle a crisis/how they fight are all way more important. Politics is basically entertainment for us since there isn't a party that accurately defines us. We are hybrids, though Trump aligns pretty well with my Hybridism though it'd be better if he was a Modern Whig or libertarian.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Well if it makes you feel better my wife worked for both W and Obama (who I both hated) and we're minorities. She can't stand Trump but she likes my manliness which is apparently rare among the Democrats these days. We are friends with another couple where the hubby is also conservative and wife liberal. We joke that our wives are becoming more conservative since we got them out of the shithole city. In the end, women just want a man who will take charge and not be a pussy in my opinion. Political affiliation shouldn't matter much, if anything religion/finance management/how they handle a crisis/how they fight are all way more important. Politics is basically entertainment for us since there isn't a party that accurately defines us. We are hybrids, though Trump aligns pretty well with my Hybridism though it'd be better if he was a Modern Whig or libertarian.
I gonna get back to you on this post because holy shit I gotta think about how I'm gonna unpack all of the crap plus I'm watching a movie with my husband. Obviously that's far more important than yapping at you.

Nov 25, 2013
Then why wasn't your feels directed toward the actual trolling part (Arabic name BS)? In my opinion "thoughts and prayers" needs to stop being the target of anger. It isn't wrong to express well wishes and you aren't the only one in this thread with dickish comments about it. At this point, in any thread about a shooting, I expect assholes to jump in and mock thoughts and prayers well before anyone actually expresses it. Don't be one of them.

The guy is a fucking troll. He, in my opinion, was being a dick. I said so. End of story. Got nothing more to say. Defend his shit to someone who cares.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
So you're missing the point entirely?

'Thoughts and Prayers" have become a joke. The politicians saying it don't give a shit about the lives lost. Their every action proves it. They deserve to be told to shove them up their assess. It's become (from them) an insensitive thing, almost a cruel thing to say. They're bought and paid for by the NRA who stop just short of promoting mass murder (the exceptionally crazy gun heads absolutely believe the NRA are in fact promoting it and the NRA is perfectly fine with that). I will always trash on those fu*ks for extending worthless words. If it were true empathy they were experiencing they'd cut all ties with the NRA and take steps regardless of how small to work on the problem. The majority of Americans want some sort of gun reform.

It's a bunch of bullshit for you to try and dictate how people feel about false thoughts and prayers.

Here's a hint: their "thoughts" are The NRA sure wouldn't like if I said anything about gun reform. Their "prayers" are please never let the money I get from the NRA stop finding its way in to my pocket. <---- That's what you're defending.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I'm back. "Father Of The Year" with David Spade. It was alright. My favorite part was the rapping!

Please leave your wife alone! You can't possibly see any value in dumbing her down to your level. I certainly don't.

So, if my husband showed his "manliness" I the way that you do he wouldn't be my husband but he is the manliest man I've ever known. He's confident, gentle, fantastic work ethic, humble and arrogant in near perfect balance, an amazing provider, as progressive as I am because he's a decent human being, extremely intelligent, no-nonsense, responsible, devoted..... Any way, pretty close to all I could ever want in a partner. Also, loves me exactly the way I am. Note there were no physical attributes and no imagined feats of superficial deeds though heimpressess me in all ways the things I mentioned are the most important things about him.

It's ridiculously absurd the emphasis you put on insignificant things... That's the real reason Trump appeals to you. He's shallow and devoid of real substance.

I truly am sad that being with you is making your wife sick and ugly. Seriously, guys who talk like you deserve to be mocked. You sound so very stupid and insecure and so very proud of it. It's gross.

If you or any man tried to take "charge" in my life I would relentlessly shred them for being a "pussy". There would be no part of me that would think it was manly. I would ONLY see the insecurities behind it and reject them and tell them to sort their shit out.

Chest Puffers are meant to be laughed at. They physically try to take up as much space as they can with their bodies because they fear their minds and personalities can't even fill a shot glass. They however are fully aware their insecurities could fill a room the size of ten football fields and so they walk with full puff and spread hoping to distract. Oh and they say stupid stupid stupid fu*king things to try and cover up how stupid they feel 100% of the time and in some ways convince themselves they're succeeding. The only ones they succeed with though are people like themselves. ... I could go on and on but I'm bored now.

Stop being ugly on the inside speedy. If you managed to do that? You'd loath Trump.

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
He supported ISIS, but was not directly ISIS directed. But, he is, exactly, what the media tried to hide from you, not a white guy, but a radical Islamist extremist. Keep it up, Trudeau!

Nov 25, 2013
He supported ISIS, but was not directly ISIS directed. But, he is, exactly, what the media tried to hide from you, not a white guy, but a radical Islamist extremist. Keep it up, Trudeau!

Jackass. A little girl just died and you drop in to take a shit. Fuck you.