Lol @ stone temple pilots

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Have to side with Weiland on this one. From what I can tell the band is trying to screw him. Whether or not his actions have been wrong he does have a right to sing songs from the band and call himself a former member. And they can't go around calling themselves STP with a new frontman.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Have to side with Weiland on this one. From what I can tell the band is trying to screw him. Whether or not his actions have been wrong he does have a right to sing songs from the band and call himself a former member. And they can't go around calling themselves STP with a new frontman.

I agreed with everything you said up until the bolded.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I agreed with everything you said up until the bolded.

When the vocalist is such an important part of the band, it is dishonest to the fans to sell tickets with a different singer. If I bought a ticket to Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder wasn't there I'd feel I'd been cheated. Same with STP.

Last band I can remember that got away with this, with a living singer, was Van Halen. But that band was named after the guitarist.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
When the vocalist is such an important part of the band, it is dishonest to the fans to sell tickets with a different singer. If I bought a ticket to Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder wasn't there I'd feel I'd been cheated. Same with STP.

Last band I can remember that got away with this, with a living singer, was Van Halen. But that band was named after the guitarist.

You know, I thought I would hate Chester as the lead for STP but their new single is pretty decent.

I vastly prefer it to anything LP has released in the past 10 years.

BTW, AiC rebooted successfully, as did AC/DC. Sublime with Rome? Not so much.

Last edited: