Lol, head of NVidia criticizes Dual GPU

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
Originally posted by: apoppin

Or either one? For the sake of neutrality?

i never compromise ... shoot me :p
:D

Bryan's post was pretty clear ... and it wasn't a nvidia X2 solution

Being able to compromise is a desirable character trait. You should learn.
Anyway, you should not post just after getting new hardware. You get, how can I say this, giddy? And maybe a bit swayed. But thats not your fault, anyone gets juiced over new stuff.

not my integrity ... certainly not 'principles' ... can't mess with the facts .. what else is left to compromise?:p

it is clear from Bryan's post it was *all about* nvidia.

...and do you really think i am *exaggerating* my improved Crossfire performance over a single XT? ... The benches don't lie .. i am getting close to and sometimes faster than Ultra performance. And DX10 has become playable

What DID get a cheapskate like me all "excited' is that i was able to do it for $150 ... and that the OC'd Pro is less of a performance drag than i thought it would be.
:cookie:

Swayed ? i doubt it ... get me an Ultra to test ... maybe it is better?
-i will sing its praises if it is.
---personally, i think you would like to SLi your own GTS for cheap
... don't tell me it wouldn't kick an Ultra's butt. ;)
rose.gif

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

Anyway, you should not post just after getting new hardware. You get, how can I say this, giddy? And maybe a bit swayed. But thats not your fault, anyone gets juiced over new stuff.

not my integrity ... certainly not 'principles' ... can't mess with the facts .. what else is left to compromise?:p

...and do you really think i am *exaggerating* my improved Crossfire performance over a single XT? ... The benches don't lie .. i am getting close to and sometimes faster than Ultra performance. And DX10 has become playable

What DID get a cheapskate like me all "excited' is that i was able to do it for $150 ... and that the OC'd Pro is less of a performance drag than i thought it would be.

rose.gif

It would, but I am having second thoughts. Looking at a 9600GT's benches, just makes me want to wait longer for a 9800GTS or GTX. And I can. There are no games I cannot play currently. None. So, SLI would be just a "whim" for me at this point. (Not to mention my need for a higher capacity PSU. I only have a 500W).

I suppose I can ask my brother in law to bring over his GTS640 and I could "try it out". As I get older, my focus on where I should put my money is ever changing. I have a house to pay for, two kids, loads of bills as per usual, so I continually talk myself out of extra expenditures.

When the govt. rebates come around (we should be getting around 1800), we have our heart set on a 52" LCD. I almost bought one a few weeks back, but talked myself out of it.

And you had an opportunity to test a GTS 512, but declined. I told you that I didn't think your setup could best a GTS 512, and was it Superbooga? who offered to ship you his to test? I'd still take him up on it. Is there a risk of it getting damaged in transit? Sure, that is what insurance is for. After all is said and done, you'll have your benches, and Superbooga will have his card back all snuggly in his rig.

Go ahead, live dangerously!!! :D

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

rose.gif

It would, but I am having second thoughts. Looking at a 9600GT's benches, just makes me want to wait longer for a 9800GTS or GTX. And I can. There are no games I cannot play currently. None. So, SLI would be just a "whim" for me at this point. (Not to mention my need for a higher capacity PSU. I only have a 500W).

I suppose I can ask my brother in law to bring over his GTS640 and I could "try it out". As I get older, my focus on where I should put my money is ever changing. I have a house to pay for, two kids, loads of bills as per usual, so I continually talk myself out of extra expenditures.

When the govt. rebates come around (we should be getting around 1800), we have our heart set on a 52" LCD. I almost bought one a few weeks back, but talked myself out of it.

And you had an opportunity to test a GTS 512, but declined. I told you that I didn't think your setup could best a GTS 512, and was it Superbooga? who offered to ship you his to test? I'd still take him up on it. Is there a risk of it getting damaged in transit? Sure, that is what insurance is for. After all is said and done, you'll have your benches, and Superbooga will have his card back all snuggly in his rig.

Go ahead, live dangerously!!! :D

i forgot about your PS .. :eek:
--that IS a problem that takes it from bang-for-buck to a more expensive proposition. You certainly could stick an 'ultra' in - or wait.

as for testing someone else's primary video card, would you?
-if *anything* happened to it - for ANY reason - it *becomes* mine and i would have to buy him another $250 video card - then fool with RMA. :p
-at least that is how i look at it

i am quite certain that my current crossfired rig will beat a single GT in my rig
-quite positive ... ;)

And i think you are really missing out on DX10 by not having a faster GPU although perhaps you may not admit it.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

--that IS a problem that takes it from bang-for-buck to a more expensive proposition. You certainly could stick an 'ultra' in - or wait.

-if *anything* happened to it - for ANY reason - it *becomes* mine and i would have to buy him another $250 video card - then fool with RMA. :p

i am quite certain that my current crossfired rig will beat a single GT in my rig
-quite positive ... ;)

And i think you are really missing out on DX10 by not having a faster GPU although perhaps you may not admit it.

An Ultra is still 600+ dollars. A GTX is North of 400. If I were to purchase a new card right at this moment, it would be a GTS512 (models available for 279 AR depending on which one I would choose). It would probably cost me 50 to 70 bucks after I sell my GTS640 for about 230 to 240.

And yes, I would test someone else's primary card. Remember I asked you to send me your 2900XT for testing (and you declined), right before we each bought the other cards? I have no qualms about it. There are slim chances something will happen, but that is life. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes they do not.

You're rig may very well beat a GT as it sits. I specified GTS512. It's faster than a GT.

And I'd be missing out on DX10 no matter what card(s) were in my rig. I use XP. It's very unlikely that I will switch to Vista, as my very important programs (that I use to make my a substantial portion of my living) do not "yet" run under Vista.
When the time comes that my programs run under Vista, I will then consider it. Especially if the 9800 series is out by then. THEN I can see the worth of playing DX10 games, in DX10. So, I'm not just being a stubborn XP user (not that anyone said I was). There are these factors to consider.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

-quite positive ... ;)

An Ultra is still 600+ dollars. A GTX is North of 400. If I were to purchase a new card right at this moment, it would be a GTS512 (models available for 279 AR depending on which one I would choose). It would probably cost me 50 to 70 bucks after I sell my GTS640 for about 230 to 240.

And yes, I would test someone else's primary card. Remember I asked you to send me your 2900XT for testing (and you declined), right before we each bought the other cards? I have no qualms about it. There are slim chances something will happen, but that is life. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes they do not.

You're rig may very well beat a GT as it sits. I specified GTS512. It's faster than a GT.

And I'd be missing out on DX10 no matter what card(s) were in my rig. I use XP. It's very unlikely that I will switch to Vista, as my very important programs (that I use to make my a substantial portion of my living) do not "yet" run under Vista.
When the time comes that my programs run under Vista, I will then consider it. Especially if the 9800 series is out by then. THEN I can see the worth of playing DX10 games, in DX10. So, I'm not just being a stubborn XP user (not that anyone said I was). There are these factors to consider.

The problem if you remember with my sending you my 2900xt is that i would not have it to compare "side-by-side" with my GTS640-OC. Not a matter of trust or worry. i distinctly remember swapping a card out and back again - several times - to directly compare IQ, etc.

Well, if i think my rig is about as fast as an Ultra, then i would also think it it is the same league as the GTS-512. i don't personally really feel i have much to prove as my rig - according to many benchmarks - sits just below 2900xt/xt CrossFire in many benchmarks and ahead of the GTS/512. It is a "chance" i'd prefer not to take as there are no "RMA options" for me.

See, you DO have a problem going with SLi cheaply ... you'd also need to upgrade your PS and spend quite a lot for a new GTS640 ... and if you want a GTS-512, you have to deal with selling your card and waiting for a rebate. i had a very *easy* upgrade path with CrossFire [as i am so fond of pointing out]. That is a difference between AMD and nvidia. The CrossFire option has always had an "easy button" ... since x800 ... but it finally appears a worthwhile way to go after the latest CCC upgrades.

And i also forgot you are using a primitive OS . ... . my bad :eek:
--Word '97 runs under Vista 64 :p

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

-quite positive ... ;)

The problem if you remember with my sending you my 2900xt is that i would not have it to compare "side-by-side" with my GTS640-OC. Not a matter of trust or worry. i distinctly remember swapping a card out and back again - several times - to directly compare IQ, etc.

Well, if i think my rig is about as fast as an Ultra, then i would also think it it is the same league as the GTS-512. i don't personally really feel i have much to prove as my rig - according to many benchmarks - sits just below 2900xt/xt CrossFire in many benchmarks and ahead of the GTS/512. It is a "chance" i'd prefer not to take as there are no "RMA options" for me.

See, you DO have a problem going with SLi cheaply ... you'd also need to upgrade your PS and spend quite a lot for a new GTS640 ... and if you want a GTS-512, you have to deal with selling your card and waiting for a rebate. i had a very *easy* upgrade path with CrossFire [as i am so fond of pointing out]. That is a difference between AMD and nvidia. The CrossFire option has always had an "easy button" ... since x800 ... but it finally appears a worthwhile way to go after the latest CCC upgrades.

And i also forgot you are using a primitive OS . ... . my bad :eek:
--Word '97 runs under Vista 64 :p

No, you didn't have the GTS640 yet. Otherwise why would I ask you for your card if you had both there in your hands already, which is why I asked you for yours in the first place? My goal was to compare the 2900XT to 8800GTS640. If you already had both in hand, why would I bother asking you for the XT when you could have done the comparison yourself?
Makes no sense.

And I believe your rig should be far below 2900XT crossfired. Number 1, you say overclocking the pro had zero improvement when in the 4x slot. So in reality, you have 2900pro Crossfire. This is why I have my doubts about your performance claims. I'm sure there are improvements over a single 2900XT, but not to the extent you are speaking of.
So, you have the performance of 2900pros crossfired, for the price of a 2900XT and a 2900pro. How is this making you happy?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

No, you didn't have the GTS640 yet. Otherwise why would I ask you for your card if you had both there in your hands already, which is why I asked you for yours in the first place? My goal was to compare the 2900XT to 8800GTS640. If you already had both in hand, why would I bother asking you for the XT when you could have done the comparison yourself?
Makes no sense.

And I believe your rig should be far below 2900XT crossfired. Number 1, you say overclocking the pro had zero improvement when in the 4x slot. So in reality, you have 2900pro Crossfire. This is why I have my doubts about your performance claims. I'm sure there are improvements over a single 2900XT, but not to the extent you are speaking of.
So, you have the performance of 2900pros crossfired, for the price of a 2900XT and a 2900pro. How is this making you happy?

i think you may be right ... i would have been without a video card for a time ... we were going to possibly 'temporarily trade', right? i don't remember the details ,,, sorry. i think your asking may have prompted me to order a GTS - also from Best Buy - to compare them side-by-side.

You still have "doubts" .. what benchmarks would you like me to post? i have the performance of Overclocked Pros - a solid +30[+]% performance increase over a single XT for only $150 more ... it would be very expensive for another new XT and not 'that much more' in my rig.

EDIT:

you say overclocking the pro had zero improvement when in the 4x slot
i don't think i said that .. i certainly didn't mean to imply it ... there is a *solid* improvement over a stock Pro ... about 1000 marks in 3D'06; from 10.5K with a single XT to 12K by *adding* a stock Pro in Xfire to 13K with the Pro O/C'd ... and i *know* i can get more ... i bet i can break 14K pretty easily in Vista32,

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

Makes no sense.

i think you may be right ... i would have been without a video card for a time ... we were going to possibly 'temporarily trade', right? i don't remember the details ,,, sorry. i think your asking may have prompted me to order a GTS - also from Best Buy - to compare them side-by-side.

You still have "doubts" .. what benchmarks would you like me to post? i have the performance of Overclocked Pros - a solid +30[+]% performance increase over a single XT for only $150 more ... it would be very expensive for another new XT and not 'that much more' in my rig.

EDIT:

i don't think i said that .. i certainly didn't mean to imply it ... there is a *solid* improvement over a stock Pro ... about 1000 marks in 3D'06; from 10.5K with a single XT to 12K by *adding* a stock Pro in Xfire to 13K with the Pro O/C'd ... and i *know* i can get more ... i bet i can break 14K pretty easily in Vista32,

NP. It was a while back.

Ok, lets see. If you can push 14K in 3DMark06, that is great......but......The R6xx cores traditionally score much higher than say, a peer G80 or G92. It doesn't really translate to gaming performance that well.

If you could, I would like to see benches of your choice, as long as you know they scale well in Crossfire. For example, anything that can be compared to an online bench of a single 8800GTS 512. I'm not certain of the variety of games you have. So pick two or three games, or more if you have the time, and we'll take a look at your scores/settings/drivers etc. and compare with latest online reviews of 8800GTS 512 and Ultra. And if we can find them, fairly recent scores from 2900pros Xfired.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
Man this is a harsh convo.

I've been getting ready to pull a trigger on an fx card for awhile but for now my 7800 GT OC is kinda sputtering at 1920 resolution ROFLMAO.

9800GTX....how far away are we from this anyways?

Theoretically spore comes out Sept 7th;)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Makes no sense.

EDIT:

NP. It was a while back.

Ok, lets see. If you can push 14K in 3DMark06, that is great......but......The R6xx cores traditionally score much higher than say, a peer G80 or G92. It doesn't really translate to gaming performance that well.

If you could, I would like to see benches of your choice, as long as you know they scale well in Crossfire. For example, anything that can be compared to an online bench of a single 8800GTS 512. I'm not certain of the variety of games you have. So pick two or three games, or more if you have the time, and we'll take a look at your scores/settings/drivers etc. and compare with latest online reviews of 8800GTS 512 and Ultra. And if we can find them, fairly recent scores from 2900pros Xfired.

Sounds good ... remember that 3DMark06 is useful for tracking *changes* in a single system ... so that 'bump' from 10.5 to 13.1 represents pretty well what i am experiencing ... in Hg:L it was *completely unplayable* before at 16x10, all settings 'max' or 'extreme' ... not to mention that the max AA/AF allowed in-game *killed* it completely ... right now i am running with maxed-out setting including AA/AF and getting 20s at the bottom and 30s regularly ... 'playable' to appreciate the graphics and completely playable with [only] AA/AF backed down.

that 'alone' makes it worthwhile .... i am going to test Vista 32 Hg:L right now ,,, i think it is faster still ... and i will post FEAR Perseus Vista 32 results ... here are some results i already have with FEAR and Cat 81:

16x10 everything maxed 0xAA/16xAF - SS on

Vista 32 - 31 Min/58 Avg/114 Max

here is FEAR with Cat 8.2 and Xfire

Vista 32 - 35 Min/88 Avg/281 Max

=================

are we a little off topic?
:confused:

i'd say whatever the comparison to GTS/GTX/Ultra ... i have a SOLID boost from a $150 2nd GPU

i'll keep going . . .

====================

Crysis Demo is not so optimized, i think - DX10 1680x1050 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh :

CPU Crysis demo 32bit Vista

Single2900xt - Average FPS: 11.59, Min FPS: 4.95, Max FPS: 14.62
CrossFire ----- Average FPS: 13.89, Min FPS: 4.46, Max FPS: 21.68

CPU Crysis demo 32bit Vista

Single2900xt - Average FPS: 10.60, Min FPS: 0.74, Max FPS: 17.16
CrossFire ----- Average FPS: 13.96, Min FPS: 1.98, Max FPS: 17.60

===========================

Call of Juarez DX10 benchmark

Vista 64 -16x10- High Shadows/Shader Map - 2048x2048

2900xt -15.9 Min/20.7 Avg/49.3 Max
Pro/xt - 15.0 Min/38.5 Avg/82.8 Max

Vista 32 -16x10- High Shadows/Shader Map - 2048x2048

2900xt -- 14.7 Min/24.9 Avg/52.3 Max
Pro/XT - 14.4 Min/38.5 Avg/85.5 Max

================================

HL2 Lost Coast built in benchmark

Vista 64 - Min, Max, Avg
2900xt ------- 39, 190, 90.420
Pro/XT ------- 43, 214, 101.218

Vista 32 - Min, Max, Avg
2900xt - -------62, 226, 106.322
Pro/XT ------- 68, 283, 141.051

========================

Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions- [/b] - full retail game built-in demo. DX10/everything fully maxed in-game/1680x1050/4xAA-16xAF

Snow - Vista 64 - XT/Pro - 30.0 / Cave 29.0
Snow - Vista 64 -2900XT - 19.6 / Cave 28.1

Snow - Vista 32 - XT/Pro - 30.8 / Cave 30.2
Snow - Vista 32 - 2900XT - 19.6 / Cave 28.0

===============================================

PREY ... you can guess which one is CrossFire:

Resolution: 1680 × 1050 (Custom)
Demo: HWzone_co_il.demo
Shader Detail: Highest
Aspect Ratio: [16:9]
Antialiasing: 4×
Anisotropic filtering: 16×
Graphics BOOST: enabled
Score = 90 FPS
Score = 52 FPS
Score = 54 FPS
Average score = 65 FPS

Resolution: 1680 × 1050 (Custom)
Demo: HWzone_co_il.demo
Shader Detail: Highest
Aspect Ratio: [16:9]
Antialiasing: 4×
Anisotropic filtering: 16×
Graphics BOOST: enabled
Score = 41 FPS
Score = 54 FPS
Score = 54 FPS
Average score = 49 FPS

Are we clear on the increase?

:)

and both PREY and FEAR demos have a single NASTY *chug* when FPS drop to nearly zero with Crossfire ... fortunately, i haven't experienced in in actual play ... but i think the min and average would both be a lot higher without it. No matter how you cut it, it is a SOLID increase

Just look at the number summary:
1. Single XT
2. Xt/Pro Xfire

31 Min/58 Avg/114 Max
35 Min/88 Avg/281 Max

Av 11.59, 4.95, Max 14.62
Av 13.89, 4.46, Max 21.68

Av 10.60, 0.74, Max 17.16
Av 13.96, 1.98, Max 17.60

15.9 Min/20.7 Avg/49.3 Max
15.0 Min/38.5 Avg/82.8 Max

14.7 Min/24.9 Avg/52.3 Max
14.4 Min/38.5 Avg/85.5 Max

62, 226, 106.32
68, 283, 141.05

19.6 / 28.1
30.0 / 29.0

19.6 / 28.0
30.8 / 30.2

do you not see a pattern that i experience in EVERY game [so far] .. no oddities .. no micro stutter

... and .. after really THIMKING about it ... [:p]
... the head of nvidia is wrong criticizing Dual AMD GPUs, imo

LAST THING ... you said i was "giddy"

well ... as you may know i have been stuck on dial up for 8 years [except for 3 terrible months with FLashbyte Digital Wireless] ... and for the LAST 28 Days [it would be a good title of a movie] ... i have been attempting to pair my Pantech C150 with my PC via Bluetooth and use its DUN to access AT&Ts data stream

no luck ... in fact, i helped their tech guys write the folder on my issue and change the way they feature the C150 ... finally, a Regional Manager their Data TS and i agreed it was a 'vista issue' ... and maybe MS would care to resolve it ... we witnessed vista lose and change settings that XP had no problem with.

At ANY rate, i got a refurbished Samsung A437 for $20 from AT&T online ... got ripped off at Best Buy for a $20 USB 10' cable [i NEEDED it NOW] and set the damn Dial-up networking successfully up in 15 minutes flat ... 10 minutes with Vista 64 - and it works pretty good except i need to have my cell phone in the Patio ... but i an gettng D/Ls about 3-4 times faster than 56K dialup and it will probably top out with d/ls in the low 200s [kbps] ... suck ... but way better than dial up's 40 kbps ... and i can connect anywhere my cellphone gets a signal ... for $40 a month unlimited ... damn cool .. and when 3G gets here in a year i will have 1.3Mb/s
... *case closed* ... very satisfied to be able to use my phone again [i set my cell to forward to my landline while it is on the data streadm]
--except i need a cell phone antenna or booster for max signal :p

:)

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
Originally posted by: bryanW1995
Who's going to spend more time developing the dual-gpu concept? Hmmmm?

What about noise/power issues? As I predicted the other day, 9800gx2 is going to be HOTTER and LOUDER than 3870x2.

1. Recen't NVidia statements are scetchy these days. NVidia's statement below indicates they will focus on single GPU PCBs and only do a dual to compete with ATI. ATI has pretty much won the dual GPU game so NVidia is going to work the other angle and focus on the GPU rather than SLI basically.

?We would do an [ATI Radeon HD 3870] X2-like product only if it delivers performance that is simply not possible anywhere with a single GPU. But there?s no question that a single GPU is a better approach. [?] So you know my preference and you know we have a lot of evidence and certainly know for sure that a single GPU is the best approach, but if a double GPU can deliver the highest performance on the planet, it would be accepted,?

2. Are you trying to take credit as if you knew that and know one else did? The heating issues with the x2 have been reported months ago. The entire reason why it is delayed is due to heat and poor SLI scaling.

bluehaze013

Jan 29, 2008
Pretty interesting LOL What I garner from this is that Nvidia is feeling the pressure from the 3870x2 (Delaying the 9800x2 tells me it was not up to the performance of the 3870x2) as well. Funny thing is ATI is going full bore into the dual and even quad GPU architechture so is Nvidia feeling the heat and initiating a smear campaign to try and lessen the impact due to the fact that ATI is far ahead in terms of dual gpu solutions?

It seems a drastic measure to release such statments just prior to the lauch of their own dual gpu card...

Sort of like when we were little kids and lost an argument we would just change focus such as so what if your dual gpu is better than mine, dual gpu sucks anyways, my singe gpu is better than yours...(Saying this even though you just got done working your ass off trying to build the best dual gpu card ever)

It all seems rather childish coming from a professional business such as Nvidia.

One thing is certain, competition is ramping up between Nvidia and ATI and it's going to be very interesting come the debut of the next gen solutions come this summer. Sounds like once again we will have a clear winner, my bets are on ATI given Nvidias behavior it would seem they feel very threatened but we will just have to wait and see for sure. The launch of the 98800x2 should it perform less than 3870x2 will certainly provide a glimpse into the future. If it performs the same or better then it changes things a bit and it's anybodies game!

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
lemme put it this way... do you want to have a system with 4x 3870 cards... or a little slower, cheaper, and not as painful to build (1000+ watt PSU, extreme cooling, no room in case, etc) single 9800GTX system? I will take the single 9800GTX thank you very much...

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: taltamir
lemme put it this way... do you want to have a system with 4x 3870 cards... or a little slower, cheaper, and not as painful to build (1000+ watt PSU, extreme cooling, no room in case, etc) single 9800GTX system? I will take the single 9800GTX thank you very much...

Yes but the problem is that there is no 9800GTX and who knows how long before there will be.
There has been zero reliable sources of info on when, or even "if" a 9800GTX will be released.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Of course he does. He's pissed that he has to offer double the product for less than double the price. He would prefer to sell single GPU 8800s for $500 for all eternity.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Anyone with a GTS 512 can compare benches here? Or an Ultra, or 2900XT crossfire? Or do I have to buy one myself!!! LOL.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Anyone with a GTS 512 can compare benches here? Or an Ultra, or 2900XT crossfire? Or do I have to buy one myself!!! LOL.

[edit] Well, a GT [no S] 512 is finally a cheap solution :p
-get two ... $400

i thought it was a GTS ... sorry ... :eek:

as i recall, your rig and mine were running neck-and-neck last Summer ... so we can compare pretty well. You don't expect *me* to buy one, do you? ... i'd still want 2 :p
:confused:

ECS 8800GT 512MB Fanless for $209.99 AR ($50) at Newegg

that's $199 with the promo code - today only ...

you know you really want to
:evil:

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
are you wanting SLI or single card?

I just got an XFX 8800GTS 512MB a few days ago... and an E8400 a week ago... what do you want me to benchmark for you? (vista 64 on 4GB of ram please... i am not reformatting for any benchies... I Am also not uninstalling NOD32... but it is the lightest antivirus on the market...)