Left 4 Dead 2 Demo - Finally available for PC

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Does the demo stutter for anyone else? Every few sec, the game will stutter. Playing with the same settings as L4D1 and it was buttery smooth.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
This happens even in single player. It will freeze and the sound will keep looping for a few secs. Do the specs of part 2 differ from part 1? Part 1 runs smooth on my system.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
The demo has random freezes for me. I wonder if thats the cause also.

I know its not my system since I play many games and no others do that, but l4d2demo just like sometimes freezes for 10 seconds at a time, then comes back.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
More guns and gore, I get that is a positive, but how does that validate a $40-$50 price tag? What, it was difficult to add more guns and gore to the first one? :p People keep talking about new content validating the price..what new content?

The guns feel laggy/sloppy to me. Also, I wish there was more knockback and better handling of the zombie bullet impacts. Maybe more like killing floor, with well defined head hitboxes where you can blow their heads off to basically instantly kill them. I just dont get why a shotgun blast to the center chest in group of many zombies would not force them backwards in some degree... Thats one thing that has annoyed me with l4d.

Totally agree about the knockback. I don't care if it's realistic or not; the whole premise of the game is that you're playing a part in a movie, and you're killing zombies.

In L4D 1, it felt like your bullets just cut things and horde after horde felt 'hollow'. The zombies had no mass, and when they dropped, they dropped. The extra gibbing in L4D 2 helps quite a bit, but not as much as I'd like. Something along the lines of Soldier of Fortune.

I love how they keep coming at you despite losing a limb.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Little tip for the witch: A frying pan to the back of the head is not enough. But it is very fun.

OK, it only took me about 20 minutes to complete, and I was goofing off too.
Overall, it feels like an expansion pack, not a new game. When the price comes down or they have a discount for owners of L4D I may buy it.

Last edited:

CoinOperatedBoy

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2008
The only reason I can think of to justify complaints is that Valve claimed there would be a lot of additional content added to L4D via patches. Otherwise, I don't mind at all that I dropped $35ish on this one. The original was fun and I'm sure this will be too.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
The only reason I can think of to justify complaints is that Valve claimed there would be a lot of additional content added to L4D via patches. Otherwise, I don't mind at all that I dropped $35ish on this one. The original was fun and I'm sure this will be too.

I'm not saying this is a bad game cus it always was fun but this just feels like an add-on to L4D1.

fffblackmage

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2007
It was a great game for the first month but after that it got extremely boring. Not enough maps, only a couple weapons, same strategy for everything, AI Director didn't live upto the hype, new content was few and far between, no ability to create user content until months and months after. I'll wait for a weekend deal this time.

I originally pirated the game, played the game with some friends. After that, I bought the game when it was on sale for like $24 or something. I tried playing online, but it just wasn't really much fun anymore. The other people I played with were either newbs/noobs, or they were just doing some other weird random thing rather than killing zombies and trying to complete the level.

On the other hand, I still play and have fun with TF2 and DOD:S every once in a while. I'm not sure if it's because L4D does the matchmaking thing, but MW2 certainly made me more aware of it (I almost always played on a few specific servers).